PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bank - Are you interested?

Dat Matt
12-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Pokemon bank was released in Japan on Christmas day, it was so popular that it killed Nintendo's servers and has been delayed. Will anyone here also be interested in purchasing the Pokebank?

I've decided to get it as the 3000 extra storage spaces for seem amazing. It will be handy when I set out on my "Catch them all" adventure next year (god help me).

Pike
12-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally I didn't think I would be interested because I don't have any Pokemon to transfer over from prior games. However the Celebi is tempting me, and it's cheap, so now I am indeed leaning toward "interested".

Aulayna
12-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Currently uninterested because my biggest 'mon collection is stuck on my Emerald cartridge.

Dat Matt
12-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I managed to complete the Pokedex when I played Sapphire. I did start emerald on an emulator recently but I stopped shortly before X and Y were released. Generation 3 was the best.

Pike
12-28-2013, 06:58 PM
I have never actually completed the Pokedex - closest was when I had something like 140 in the original R/B/Y but then when my save got deleted I lost interest in trying again.

Currently working on it in X, though! :D

Aulayna
12-28-2013, 07:01 PM
I still have my GameCube memory card with my Pokémon Box collection on it too xD

Sephiroth
12-28-2013, 07:02 PM
As I have all of the existing 649 Gen 1-5 Pokémon, indeed. However first I need a 3DS. And the new Pokémon Game, hah.

Dat Matt
12-28-2013, 08:00 PM
This generation I "Caught them all". By which I mean I have copies of all the Generation VI Pokemon (eg I have 1x Chespin, 1x Quilladin and 1x Chesnaught) in my box. The current system of having 180 slots in the box is limiting, however with the introduction of the pokemon bank this increases to 3000 so my dreams of having them all can come true.

This will be an issue for some Pokemon like the Mew and Deoxys however I'll see how distribution of these go after I get started.

Sephiroth
12-28-2013, 08:52 PM
This will be an issue for some Pokemon like the Mew and Deoxys however I'll see how distribution of these go after I get started.

There were Wifi, Gamestop, et cetera events to get them and many are repeated after a while.

Tasura
12-28-2013, 08:53 PM
I'll be getting it for a couple reason, 1) Celebi. 2) So I can finally fully complete the Dex in a game, living in the woods prevents me from physical trading, and Gen 4 hating encrypted wifi made it impossible, and by the time I got White, people were into White 2.

Dat Matt
12-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I am curious about the trading between Black/White 2. If I were to get a starter pokemon from black/white 2 and trade them into Pokemon X, Level them up to like level 50 and just run through the game really quickly if that's allowed. That'd save a lot of grinding time for when I need to go catch those Gen 5 Pokemon.

Tasura
12-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I am curious about the trading between Black/White 2. If I were to get a starter pokemon from black/white 2 and trade them into Pokemon X, Level them up to like level 50 and just run through the game really quickly if that's allowed. That'd save a lot of grinding time for when I need to go catch those Gen 5 Pokemon.

If you mean grind it on X then transfer it back to Gen 5, that may or may not work, originally there wasn't supposed to be any transferring back to Gen 5 from the Bank, but some say it was put in. If you can transfer back, it depends on if the bank changes OT or not, if it doesn't then things should be fine, if it does you'd still need the badges.

Dat Matt
12-28-2013, 10:36 PM

If you mean grind it on X then transfer it back to Gen 5, that may or may not work, originally there wasn't supposed to be any transferring back to Gen 5 from the Bank, but some say it was put in. If you can transfer back, it depends on if the bank changes OT or not, if it doesn't then things should be fine, if it does you'd still need the badges.

Back in Generation II you could trade back with Generation I so long as the Pokemon being traded back appeared in the game/did not have any moves that did not appear in generation I. I would hope that with the Pokemon Bank that Pokemon can be placed in from both Generation 5/6 and then those from generation 5 can be re-downloaded into the game. I doubt it would work like that as I assume that the Pokemon Transfer system is the one that is used for the older generations.

Pike
12-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Has anyone seen any word on when this is actually going to come out? I know it was released in Japan (and possibly elsewhere?) before it was delayed. I'm jealous! :mad2:

Dat Matt
12-29-2013, 11:52 AM
It was due to come out on the 27th, and the 25th in Japan. Lucky for us, the demand was so great in Japan that the servers broke when downloading Pokebank so the entire thing was delayed and the E-Shop is down for long periods of maintenance. I would be expecting it around the new year.

Psychotic
12-29-2013, 01:04 PM
All my Pokemon live on my Gameboy Color and my Nintendo 64. Rockin' it old school :aimsun: The Pokemon are 13 or so years old now!

Also I am moderately disappointed because from the thread title I had assumed there was a Pokemon Bank opening. Like, you could get a Lapras Loan or a Krabby Kredit Kard or something. Meowth used Payday!