PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-3 Hype Thread

Jinx
12-29-2013, 03:25 AM
HATERS CAN GET OUT

Pike, Hux? I don't care if it's just the three of us. I AM HYPED.

Freya
12-29-2013, 06:19 AM
STAY AWAY FROM THE SUMMONER.

Blitzball4lyf

Scotty_ffgamer
12-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Will that kid succeed in his dream of being a blitzball? Will the Stay Away from the Summoner Lady make an appearance? These are the questions I want answered in this game.

I want to be hyped for it, if that counts for anything. I know I'll buy it even if everyone else says it's horrible. If it's at least as enjoyable to play as X-2, I'll be happy.

Elskidor
12-29-2013, 06:34 AM
I don't know how to act with my wallet, so they will get my money and I'll play it and I really hope it is done wellt even if it is not a prequel.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2013, 06:36 AM
AAAAAAAWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/jesse053/tumblr_m5da36d2yx1qcmgy8o1_500.gif

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Are the Luca Goers still #1?

Pumpkin
12-29-2013, 06:40 AM
I'd buy it. That protagnoist-ish girl that seems to be talking a lot in that script thing.... she's annoying me already. This game had better not make me sadface.

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 06:48 AM
It's interesting Baralai is so prominent.

I wonder where Paine is.

Minami
12-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm ridiculously hyped for this! I don't even care how bad it might be

maybee
12-29-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't know why people are so mad about Tuna being threatened, when 90 per cent of the original game the pairing was threatened with Yuna being married to Seymour, or her death.

SE is just doing to create drama and tension for the new game, gheez.

Pumpkin
12-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I actually really don't mind if Tidus and Yuna break up. Couples break up. It happens. It would probably actually be a bit more realistic. How many Final Fantasy couples have broken up? I'm pretty sure none, although I could be wrong there. It would be a nice change of pace.

maybee
12-29-2013, 03:39 PM
tbh I was maybe hoping that she would end up with Baralai or Gippal in X-2 and maybe end up moving on...

Agree so much, couples break up, it's very rare for couples to stay together in deep love for forever.

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Belle...you have helped me retake my humanity and I love you!

I love you too....uh....whatever your name is. Do i still call you Beast even though you are human again?

Call me whatever you like. Our love will last an eternity.

*two weeks later*

Well I'm moving back with my dad! You can stay here with your little servants and don't think I didn't see hwo you eyed them, even the little boy whow as a teacup!

But Belle, I...I love you!

It's over, Beast. People don't like satisfying endings to stay satisfying. They want everything to be ruined for pointless drama because "it's realistic." REALISTIC in a movie/game about monstes and magic. I'm sorrY Beast but this is the end.

The Beast then committed suicide, slitting his wrists and Belle married Gaston's hitherto unnamed but even more misogynistic and arrogant brother. They lived happily ever after.

Jinx
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Ugh, guys. There's like, 3 other threads you can go bitch in if you aren't happy about this. Do you really have to be negative in all of them, especially the one dedicated to people who are excited about this?

Seriously, take your ranting to the other loads of threads on the forum. It's not cute or funny.

Jinx
12-29-2013, 08:50 PM
No question was asked. The OP is literally "OMG WE'RE HYPED AND ANYONE WHO ISN'T NEED NOT POST".

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm totally going to buy X-3 and the audio drama doesn't sound quite as bad as I had feared. I get the distinct impression X-3 is going back to X's more dour and serious tone.

I'm generally a positive person. I can find something to like in almost any game, even FFXIII or VIII. I'm sure there will be parts of X-3 I enjoy and maybe I'll even end up enjoying the whole deal.

I at least foresee good music ahead.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-29-2013, 08:58 PM
What kinds of things are you all hoping for gameplay-wise? I really want another game with X-2's battle system, but I don't think this game will do that if they are trying to move away from the story/tone/etc in X-2. I did quite like X's system though, and it would be cool to have a hybrid of X-2's job system and X's sphere grid/turn-based system.

Pumpkin
12-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I would love it if they did X-2's system, but with a more serious job system rather than the dressphere style. I don't see it happening, though.

Mirage
12-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Someone tell me why the actual fuck FF10-3 should be made. Even X-2 shouldn't have existed and the only reason I acknowledge its existence is that the gameplay was good.

Jessweeee♪
12-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Someone tell me why the actual fuck FF10-3 should be made.

Because I want it to exist :(

NeoExdeath
12-30-2013, 03:04 AM
I came in here to moan til I saw haters can get out. :(

*walks with head down carrying with him his hatred for FF sequels*

maybee
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Someone tell me why the actual smurf FF10-3 should be made. Even X-2 shouldn't have existed and the only reason I acknowledge its existence is that the gameplay was good.

You're right, it shouldn't be made at all, because the game was pretty much finished with the original.

But FF X = $ $ $

In SE's bank account at the moment, so they are going to FF 13 it.

Aulayna
12-30-2013, 06:22 PM
I will buy the shit out of this. Even the plot seems cheesey. I don't care. I loved FFX-2 too. Haters gonna hate.

Mirage
12-30-2013, 06:28 PM
I liked X-2, but X-3 should burn to the ground before it even leaves the insane developers' heads.

AssassinDX
12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't know why people are so mad about Tuna being threatened

Heh, chuckled at Tuna, nice typo.

My only hope from this game is that they expand on Blitzball. A proper league, more tactical stuff, injuries and the ability for players to gradually improve/decline based on performances and ultimately retire to keep teams fresh, so at least the Aurochs don't absolutely murder everyone after a few games.

I'm not getting my hopes up of course, but I'll buy it anyway. I also loved X-2, Square would really have to mess it up to get me to steer clear. Or somehow introduce Lightning to the game, that'll be the killer for me. :p

Pumpkin
12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I liked X and X-2 and I would buy a X-3. The little preview there just has me a bit confused.

I don't like Tidus though.

Aulayna
12-30-2013, 06:38 PM
X-3 also allows them the opportunity to retcon Tidus back to Tie-dus and not Tee-dus.

Jessweeee♪
12-31-2013, 02:06 AM
X-3 also allows them the opportunity to retcon Tidus back to Tie-dus and not Tee-dus.

I hope they don't but honestly even if they did change the pronunciation of his name I'd just be glad they were pronouncing it at all instead of all of this awkwardness in trying to avoid it that got even awkwarder in FFX-2.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 02:10 AM

Why "back"? His own voice actor already called him "Teedus" in an interview 10 years ago.

Freya
12-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Because teedus is wrong :stare:

Aulayna
12-31-2013, 06:03 AM

Why "back"? His own voice actor already called him "Teedus" in an interview 10 years ago.

Because I'm a filthy Westerner that wants things my way.

Pi is pronounced Pie not Pee

Ergo

Ti is Tie not Tee

ENGRISH

The Li in Lightning is Lie not Lee, she's not Leetning.

:colbert:

Jessweeee♪
12-31-2013, 06:05 AM
If ghoti can be pronounced "fish" then maybe the i is silent.

maybee
12-31-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't know why people are so mad about Tuna being threatened

Heh, chuckled at Tuna, nice typo.

Not a Typo, I love calling Tidus/ Yuna Tuna <3

Because teedus is wrong :stare:

GOOO TEAM TIE-DUS~

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 12:55 PM

Well, where I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this. And with him being called "Tida" with an "ee" pronounciation it was no wonder he is called that. I also see no one calling Yuna "Yuhna" with the typical pronounciation for "u" like in "unknown" but also like I for example pronounce a "u" in my language, with an "oo"-sound. I also pronounce "Tina" "Teena" but "Tiny" "Tieny" I guess every language has another pronounciation for a word. In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.

Also Lightning is already an existing word and she is called Raitoningu, not Ritoningu so it was obvious what she is called like while Tidus is another allusion, to fit with Yuna'a name for day and night.

Karifean
12-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Well, were I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this.

Ditto. I've always been calling him Tee-dus since that's the natural way to pronounce it in my native language. I can understand native English speakers doing essentially the same thing by calling him Tie-dus though.

In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.

I did pronounce him "Seff-ee-row-t" back in the day. Makes me remember the days when my brothers would make up stories of Sephiroth's brothers "Sephiblauh" and "Sephigrünh". Fun times.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, were I live "Ti" is very well pronounced "Tee", while "Tie" would be "Tei", "Tai" or anything like this.

Ditto. I've always been calling him Tee-dus since that's the natural way to pronounce it in my native language. I can understand native English speakers doing essentially the same thing by calling him Tie-dus though.

In Germany "Sephiroth" is called "Sefffirrrottt" which is horrible.

I did pronounce him "Seff-ee-row-t" back in the day. Makes me remember the days when my brothers would make up stories of Sephiroth's brothers "Sephiblauh" and "Sephigrünh". Fun times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcCzGK5R4sA

I actually prefer calling him "Tidus" like "Tide" as I think it is cooler. Still I am aware of his canonically true "Tee" pronounciation and differ between them, of course.

I always called Sephiroth Sephiroth with an English "r" and "th" as it simply looks like it must be pronounced like this. Also he is not called "Sefirotto" but "Sefirosu" which just shows the "th" is not supposed to be pronounced like a "t", at least not for his character.

Shaibana
01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
when will FFX come to ps3? i cant really find a datum

Madame Adequate
01-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Day one purchase, don't care how dumb the premise is, guess Yuna found out that Tidus is only 8cm or something.

Sephiroth
01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
... guess Yuna found out that Tidus is only 8cm or something.

Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Rocket Edge
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
STAY AWAY FROM THE SUMMONER.
Stay away from the summoner. Probably the greatest quote of our time.

I can't wait for this game like you all!

Cloudane
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Wait, what? Last I saw this was speculation, is it actually confirmed now? :eek:

Again, it's my favourite of the series alongside VII. I'm scared. As long as they don't mess it up.. (I guess they did OK with all the VII spinoffs). I'd rather they do new stories like oldschool Square/S-E instead of adding sequels to everything, but I'll probably take it.

Topaz Flare
01-24-2014, 09:51 AM
I wonder what the story would be about, because as far as I know Yuna and Tidus got back together in FFX-2's 100% ending

Other than that, it would be great to see how all the other characters aged. I can't wait to find out what Lulu has been up to after all these years. :D

Ayen
02-07-2014, 12:15 AM
It occurred to me that if we were to be given a choice of playing as Tidus or Yuna it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Since we control Tidus in X and Yuna in X-2 it could be seen as coming around full circle if we had our chose of protagonist before starting the game. Then there could be a mulitplayer option that we haven't seen since, what, FFVI?

I hope the stuff with Sin doesn't feel like a complete rehash if that's what they're set on doing. I think Square could benefit from looking into Ghostbuster The Videogame. They did a pretty good job of taking elements we already saw in the movies while still making it feel like a new, original story.

I also hope they don't get rid of the dresssphere, though they'll probably end up wanting to ignore X-2 ever existed because of how many people hated it. But depending how well the dressing up thing went in Lightning Returns (I'm not sure how widely received it's been since I haven't been paying attention) it might not be a fantasy to think the dresssphere would return in a similar fashion.

A refined Blitzball minigame is mandatory.

What is this emotion I'm feeling? It's... strange...

Botchmun
02-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Let us play as Wakka, or Auren and spend the whole game getting drunk off our ass.

Sephiroth
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM
I also hope they don't get rid of the dresssphere, though they'll probably end up wanting to ignore X-2 ever existed because of how many people hated it.

It's canonical so it will never be ignored with Tidus coming back - of course a sequel to a main game is canonical but you have answered what you have meant anyway.

I don't have a problem with Yuna being the protagonist again. The whole storyline of the first Final Fantasy X was about her as well with her pilgrimmage, while Tidus had a very important part, of course.

Ayen
02-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Ignore is probably the wrong word to use. Separate itself from how X-2 played is perhaps more appropriate.

Mercen-X
02-08-2014, 07:28 AM

Because I'm a filthy Westerner that wants things my way.

Ergo

Ti is Tie not Tee

ENGRISH

The Li in Lightning is Lie not Lee, she's not Leetning.

:colbert:

So then: Doe, Ray, Me, Fah, So, Law, Tie, Doe?

Admittedly, I never liked the idea of him being called Titus. He doesn't look like a Titus. Don't get me wrong. Tidus doesn't work for me as a name either... at all. Maybe they should just call him Jr.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I like to think Tidus' parents actually sucked enough to not give him a name, and that's really why no one calls him by name. That or the line "You eatin' right, boy?" is actually a hint that his name is actually just "boy." This way I don't ever have to worry about the pronunciation.

Quindiana Jones
02-08-2014, 03:19 PM
I cannot wait for this game. The fan reaction is going to be amazing.

Noctis Caelum
02-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Is X-3 really happening? I have not heard anything about this.

Laddy
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm not a big X fan, but I think Spira is an awesome world and both games have great gameplay.

Color me excited. I think an open-world RPG in which you can choose a race (Human, Al Bhed, Ronso, Guado, Hypello), a class (Fighter, Thief, Monk, White, Black Mage etc.) a la Elder Scrlls would be awesome. Add some New Vegas-esque political intrigue and my money would be yours.

Sephiroth
02-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Color me excited. I think an open-world RPG in which you can choose a race (Human, Al Bhed, Ronso, Guado, Hypello) ...

Al Bhed are humans as well.

It's never explicitly stated.

Yes, it has. Read the Ultimania Omega.

Laddy
02-16-2014, 01:30 AM
It's never explicitly stated. Signs point to the fact they are another ethnicity of human and Yevonites are just that racist, but the possibility of them simply being a related humanoid is still there.

Regardless, "Spiran" and "Al Bhed" are acceptable substitutes to the term as the cultural and physiological differences are different enough to warrant distinction for the sake of lore.