PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2.5 Novel

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Square is really making me hate the fact I can't read Japanese. Also I CAN'T STOP MAKING THREADS.

In addition to the audio drama, there is a full-fledged novel (http://www.amazon.co.jp/FINAL-FANTASY-X-2-5-~%E6%B0%B8%E9%81%A0%E3%81%AE%E4%BB%A3%E5%84%9F~-%E3%83%8E%E3%83%99%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BA/dp/4757541570?tag=vig-22) that is written after X-2 and leads up to said audio drama. It's not even a short story like the FFVII stuff or FFXIII's Episode Zero, it's 200 some odd pages so you can forget even a fan translation coming out soon. Some vague discussion of it at the bottom of this page
Final Fantasy X-2.5 plot summary [This is a new Nojima novel, not the FFX-2 HD thing] - Page 15 - NeoGAF (http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=741166&page=15)

Ayen
12-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, they know how to get us talking, I'll give them that.

This is making me wonder if they plan to do the same for a XII HD release which people have speculated is most likely to be the next HD re-release. If all this sells well then most likely.

Sephiroth
12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
On the Way to a Smile has 281 pages, Episode Zero has 320 pages.

So many pages are normal for Final Fantasy stories.

Forsaken Lover
12-29-2013, 10:11 PM
I don't remember them being that long. It has been a while since I read them though.

But take heart guys, this sounds even worse than the audio drama. More help from teh good people at TVTropes

There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

Ayen
12-29-2013, 10:16 PM
These just have to be mistranslations, they just have to be -_-

Sephiroth
12-29-2013, 10:28 PM
I wait for reading it myself before I say anything.

Botchmun
12-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Square is really making me hate the fact I can't read Japanese.

I used to go to Elrond himself for translations of those moonrunes in some comics I read.

Also by the looks of it the book sounds absolutely hilarious. I'm going to assume that the book is written by the Japanese equivalent of Matt Ward or Steve Moffat. It'll be considered canon by everyone but the fans, or hushed up and swept under the rug like that time cloud 'stabbed sephiroth from behind' to the amusement of the creepy girl fans that one laughing scene that completely defines Final Fantasy X and summarizes the post-VI games as a whole.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I've got hope and see potential in a second sequel.

There's no use immediately casting bad tidings towards it just because on the surface it seems shallow, or because disappointment is a fearful emotion.

maybee
12-31-2013, 07:40 AM
There's a lot of comments about how much they feel bad for Tidus, and that Yuna acts really cold towards him. There's a few saying they hate Yuna in the novel. There's apparently a lot of sexual stuff in it. There's a scan of one page in which Tidus tells Yuna if they get into battle he might lose his fighting spirit because he's distracted by how sexy she is. And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121109111617/glee/images/2/27/Burn_computer.gif

The Man
12-31-2013, 10:37 AM

There's no use immediately casting bad tidings towards it just because on the surface it seems shallow, or because disappointment is a fearful emotion.No one's casting bad tidings toward it because they're afraid of being disappointed. People are casting bad tidings toward it because nearly all the details that have been revealed thus far are actually bad.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-31-2013, 04:25 PM

There's no use immediately casting bad tidings towards it just because on the surface it seems shallow, or because disappointment is a fearful emotion.No one's casting bad tidings toward it because they're afraid of being disappointed. People are casting bad tidings toward it because nearly all the details that have been revealed thus far are actually bad.

They haven't, though.
The audio drama provides plausible points for a new story, and ones that aren't absolutely ridiculous, too. I think they're sturdy revolving points for a new game, truthfully.
The novella is to be expected of japanese game novellas. Taken with a grain of salt, and flexible in application as long as the main points apply. All you have to take away from the novella is that

*SPOILER*

Tidus dies and Yuna resurrects him in a way that disrupts the harmony of the Farplane

*END SPOILER*

and even though Nojima wrote how that happens his way, you can switch in his details of how and put in your details of how. As long as the main points apply, it doesn't matter.
If you don't like it,
make your own story in the details.

Although the misconception about it being a drama-ey trashy fic is only half-true with the novella and not at all with the audio drama. People give up hope too quickly without getting the full story.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 04:47 PM
This stuff is brilliant, I can't stop laughing :lol: I love the idea of Tidus trying to be suave and then having his head blown off.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 05:05 PM
I think it is weird but I have no problem with it as long as he is resurrected. Some beings in Final Fantasy can come back even after such things would happen. Actually we already had a head-off scene in a Final Fantasy. It would never happen for someone who can not reasonably come back.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-31-2013, 05:22 PM
I think it is weird but I have no problem with it as long as he is resurrected. Some beings in Final Fantasy can come back even after such things would happen. Actually we already had a head-off scene in a Final Fantasy. It would never happen for someone who can not reasonably come back.

Well,
it's less that he DID came back rather than HOW he came back.

FFX-3 Chat - Index (http://ffx3chat.createaforum.com/index.php)

I don't want to post it here for the sake of spoilers. It's in the novella thread up there.
How she brought him back is just so unprecedented. It applies series-wide, as well. So all the fayth were made that way.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Well,

No, it is exactly that he did came back. Everything else is not important for me and before I do not read the Japanese novel by myself or a very skilled Japanese reading person told me I am not going to believe anyone about certain things, especially speculations.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Well,

No, it is exactly that he did came back. Everything else is not important for me and before I do not read the Japanese novel by myself or a very skilled Japanese reading person told me I am not going to believe anyone about certain things, especially speculations.

I'm talking in general representation. Most people, including the Japanese reviewers who are getting the full story, are more upset with how Yuna went about reviving him rather than the fact that he's back.

Sure, him dieing two days after he just came back is a shame.

But hearing how he came back is much more shocking and apparently upsetting than the simple fact he was revived just to be killed again.

It's a novella either way.
They're taken with a grain of salt usually.
Only used for their overarching plot points.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Most Final Fantasys, Dragon Ball, games, movies and books are when they are hated for some lack of information or understanding the fan has. Not always, but most of the time. So I do rather wait for it because so often the fans are upset and it is not as they think.

So I rather wait.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Most Final Fantasys, Dragon Ball, games, movies and books are when they are hated for some lack of information or understanding the fan has. Not always, but most of the time. So I do rather wait for it because so often the fans are upset and it is not as they think.

So I rather wait.

Mm, I agree.

You can't deny the hectic chaos isn't a little fun though.
Regardless of the end product the stir this is creating towards the game pleases me. It's nice to see it in the limelight again, after over a decade.

Sin's making his rounds.

Sephiroth
12-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Mm, I agree.

You can't deny the hectic chaos isn't a little fun though.
Regardless of the end product the stir this is creating towards the game pleases me. It's nice to see it in the limelight again, after over a decade.

Sin's making his rounds.

I do agree with you. I don't like Tidus dying and his head being blown off and I did not like [Sin] from the very beginning but that does not mean that it cannot satisfy me with other scenes and as said, Tidus comes back and who knows how much is actually true of what people saw until now. That's why I am just waiting for now.

InternalMedicineDoctor
12-31-2013, 07:12 PM
I do agree with you. I don't like Tidus dying and his head being blown off and I did not like [Sin] from the very beginning but that does not mean that it cannot satisfy me with other scenes and as said, Tidus comes back and who knows how much is actually true of what people saw until now. That's why I am just waiting for now.

That's the safest route to go. There's no use in believing wild conjecture.
Although some things translated from the novella are confirmed to be true, we have to wait until Nojima comes out with the big guns and starts firing some cold hard facts.

Old Manus
01-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Oh my God there's more? This is the best thing squeenix has done in years.

And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him. seoifjsiogjdofvmjisndigsdiofgTIDUS BOMB DECAPITATION IS NOW CANON

InternalMedicineDoctor
01-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Oh my God there's more? This is the best thing squeenix has done in years.

And apparently Tidus gets his head blown off by a bomb and dies (and only 2 days after getting resurrected), but he comes back to life again because he's made of Pyreflies, and Yuna has control over him. seoifjsiogjdofvmjisndigsdiofgTIDUS BOMB DECAPITATION IS NOW CANON

The 2 days part is a bit sketchy, but yes, Tidus's head pops off like an angry kid with a Pez dispenser.

Forsaken Lover
01-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Summary of X-2.5 With Pictures (http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969)

Christmas
05-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Summary of X-2.5 With Pictures (http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969)

Thanks for the visual aids! I think Tidus got a impactful ending to his story. :bigsmile:

Christmas
05-28-2022, 03:17 PM
I think they time travelled too! What it is lacking is a multiverse and they can have a FF cinematic universe! :bigsmile: