PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden II Let's Play - With Many Screenshots!

Pumpkin
12-30-2013, 06:59 AM
I can't sleep so I figured I might as well start this. I dunno how often I'll update but I know it is an expensive game, so I will share it's joy with you all!

I will post screencaps of all of the dialogue decisions that happen in game. My answers will be the highlighted option. It will be very screenshot-centric because I didn't spend 2 hours waiting to be able to take screenshots for nothing!

Here we go

Start up screen. Pretty standard. I name our Hero, Riou.

The game starts with a blonde boy named Jowy coming down past a bunch of tents and enters one. He sees our hero Riou and comments that he has already changed out of his uniform. He understands, because they are both excited to get back home. Jowy comments on a girl named Nanami, saying ever since her grandfather died, Riou is all she has. At this point, Jowy asks if we want to go to bed yet.

We walk around the campsites until we arrive at one where a blonde man scolds us for being out of uniform and tells us to get back to bed. There are a few other people we talk to who give us some good information. We are a part of the Youth Brigade and we are finally getting to go home because there is currently a peace agreement being signed. Fun times were had by all. End game. No really, we just head back to our tent.

So we head back and I get asked the same question as above, but I choose the second option this time.

Ah, a good nights rest. Nothing bad ever happens when video game characters sleep!

OHMIGOSH WHAT?!!? Unheard of!

I think it might be a surprise attack by the City-State! They may broken the peace agreement! You can tell he is serious by the various exclamation points.

Sounds like a plan, Stan.

This is an optional speak, but it is touching, so I included it.

So instead of heading East, we head West because... uhm... that is where the game let us go, I guess. Jowy promptly tries to climb up the cliff.

It's like there's a reason he said to go East!

East, I messed up, I got it.

Captain Rowd is suddenly followed by some soldiers. Jowy asks if they're reinforcements, but then we hear a voice basically telling us we are idiots for not knowing East from West. Who is this stranger? Rowd identifies him as Prince Luca.

This is suspicious. I don't like his face.

Yeah, really.

Oh, okay, I feel so much better now. As long as I've helped your career I can feel better about the fact that my Captain is going to murder me. All is well!

This of course leads to a fight, because seriously that is some crap right there. After a few hits the soldiers go down.

Rowd is a stand up fellow.

How do we get out of this one?

Whatever, you and your logic and your thinking. I guess we will have to jump for it!

Jowy then proceeds to slash a tree.

Riou slashes over Jowy's slash, making an X on the tree. A promise between friends.

That's our introduction! Hope you enjoyed it and I will see you next time!

AssassinDX
12-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Good stuff, I've not played the series before so I'll be following this with great interest.

Minami
12-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Man i love this game so i will be here with every update :) You just started and its already making me want to play it all over again

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Okay much update time! It will be done in a few posts because of image limits.

So when we left off, Jowy and Riou had jumped off a cliff. Fun times were had by all.

Then we see the opening credits, which shows flashbacks of Jowy and Riou, and Riou's sister Nanami. It shows them as kids, the death of Riou and Nanami's grandfather, joining the Youth Brigade, leaving their home, and so on.

Then we arrive to this:

This is a familiar face to those who have played Suikoden I. Riou wakes up in a strange place. The man asks for his name.

After telling him, he asks what happened and how we ended up in the river.

Viktor comments that there was supposed to be a peace treaty, and then asks if Riou is from Highland.

Another man approaches from the left. Viktor calls him Flik. Another familiar face. He comments how they saw another boy washed up by the river.

This is sad news.

Alright, a fort! Is this like, a pillow fort?!

It is not a pillow fort. And I'm being held prisoner. That's kind of crappy and mean and rude and other things. Find a kid washed up in the river after jumping from a cliff? Make him your prisoner! Thanks a lot, Viktor :/.

He leaves me and the next day I have a young man enter my room. Maybe he's here for sexy times :smug:

Or, he is going to force me to do labor. Less cool. What follows is me pushing boxes against a wall and picking up some rope. Thrilling stuff! Now he apparently has another errand for me to do.

I wonder what all of this could be for? I do want to eat though so off I go in search of those items.

The boots are given to me by this large, angry looking woman.

Then the blacksmith gives me the flints.

I head upstairs and speak with the barkeep lady.

:smug:

And then head over to the item shop for some flour.

I like how he adds the apostrophes to 'flour'. Like its allegedly called flour or maybe its a code for Suikoden drugs or something. I go talk to Pohl (hehe) about going to Ryube.

Aren't you guys afraid I'll escape or something? Just take off and leave and never come back? You just let your prisoners travel around all willy-nilly?

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 01:26 AM
The answer is yes, he is going to let me leave all willy-nilly. But he tells me to speak to Leona the barkeep first so I can have an entourage.

So she calls on Gengen (a.k.a. sharkys favorite character) to accompany me to Ryube.

Gengen talks about how he is a proud warrior, and he doesn't need to babysit. Leona tells him that a proud warrior such as himself should honour a lady's request.

We are about to leave when suddenly, a wild Tuta appears!

Tuta is quite alarmed. When Gengen says where he is going, Tuta insists on joining him.

Leona pulls her lady charm again and suddenly Gengen is all for this mission.

I like his little outfit with the shorts and stuff. Its pretty cute.

And next time we will head off to Ryube!

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 07:26 PM
So we are heading to Ryube with Tuta and Gengen.

We finally get to leave the fortress.

Gengen gets all happy after I address him as "Captain Gengen."

I do a bit of grinding and head up to Ryube village, which contains my favorite character of Suikoden II. Sadly, we can't recruit her just yet.

That's what I'm talkin about. Mah main man Tuta wants to go have some fun after :smug:

So we head to the item shop and ask for some "flour", if you know what I mean. Except I don't even know what I mean.

The woman at the counter immediately recognizes Gengen.

Then she asks what we want, unmoved by the proud warriors words.

How much flour do they use? She adds it to our tab so I get FREE MUAHAHAUAHA!

For anyone playing this game or who will play this game, there is an Inn thing where you can stay for free. At any Inn I'm pretty sure. Go to the "Rest" option and select it. It will then ask you if you want to save or not. Cancel the rest (press O) and it will exit you back out, not having rested or charged. But your characters will be fully healed. FOR FREE

After we get the flour we head back to the fortress and give the flour to Pohl. gengen and Tuta go on their way and Riou gets to have dinner.

Yaaaay! The next day I get a super cool job of wiping up oil with a rag. Pohl tells me I have a natural talent for it, to which I respond "Of course." Because I'm cool.

See? Pohl agrees with me. Afterwards it is time for some sleeps.

What's this? Who could it be?

Jowy of course!

So it looks like we're making a break for it! We run quickly upstairs aaaaand

Well darn. If there is one thing I don't want to do, it is anger the adults.

Jowy points out that we are outnumbered. Because I apparently can't count. I wouldn't even need to count actually, just look at the screen.

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 07:30 PM

This leads us to the meeting room.

Jowy is honest and says yes.

I decide to tell Viktor the truth, partially because it is the right thing to do, but mostly because I was scrolling too fast.

Viktor then asks what Jowy was planning to do once he rescued me.

Viktor asks if he still plans to escape and Jowy says yes. Viktor then decides to imprison us both again anyways.

He said he had heard of another young man at the fortress and so he came here to rescue me.

Dinner time! It's been a good day.

Fancy~~~ Eating soup with a spoon. What kind of luxury resort do you think this is?!

We continue eating and Jowy offers me his carrots. Riou proceeds to just stuff his face.

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 07:31 PM

And now we are home free!

I wonder if we will escape this time :3:

Madame Adequate
01-01-2014, 03:39 AM
It's been a few years and Leona still won't teach me anything :(

Please continue with this LP because Suikoden II is the best game ever and I am enjoying your commentary :3: :D

Jowy
01-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I hope you push the Muse / Matilda border off the hinges and use the Black Sword Rune to its maximum potential.

Minami
01-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Loving this so far! Its making me want to play it again but i don't know where my disc went and i have no clue on using emulators

Pumpkin
01-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Big update today! When we left off, Jowy and Riou were planning their escape from the Mercenary Fortress.

We head up the stairs and Jowy sees two guards and comments on the fact that the front door is locked. But he has a plan.

What is he going to do with that?

Set something on fire. Go...Jowy...?

Then we rush up the other stairs and head out on to the balcony.

We climb down to our freedom.

Tbh I didn't hate being prisoner there. There wasn't much work and I had a place to live and sleep and eat. Plus Viktor amirite?

Jowy stops our escape to chat right in front of the place he just threw an oily fiery rag and that we are escaping from. He tells me that he thought about the night of the attack.

Danger is my middle name. Jowy says we should go back because Nanami must be worried sick. So first we head over to Ryube. There is a large crowd gathered.

There's a fire breather, a fortune teller, and a girl juggling knives. The knife juggler suddenly steps out center.

"Who, me?" Says the giant ? over Riou's head.

Riou really does have a cute face. Not in like the attractive cute way but in the puppy cute kind of way. She thinks its in the attractive way though :greenie:

Eilie is not happy with this introduction and she scolds Bolgan, telling him to say it the way she taught him. So he introduces her as the magnificent knife-thrower Eilie.

That too.

Oh, well. That's just.... super.

I have what appears to be a watermelon on my head. Some kind of melon? Not sure. Anyways, I take Rina's advice and I don't move.

My head is still attached. We continue this cycle with several more fruit.

Some multicoloured pumpkin, bananas, and finally an apple. The whole audience sweat drops at the apple, but when she succeeds they all cheer greatly for a long time.

Pumpkin
01-02-2014, 08:16 AM

We have made some new friends :3:!

Jowy makes our introductions for us and tells the trio we just met our entire life's plans, which so far means getting to Kyaro.

Oh there is some kind of a Mist Monster :O. That is concerning. So they ask if we can all travel together.

I would like to say the second one, but I'm not that much of a smooth operator.

All right! Time to head through North Sparrow Path, which is of course to the North.

We arrive and find two guards blocking our way. They say we aren't allowed to pass.

Everyone pleads with them. We need to get by, they say. But the guards won't budge.

Rina sweet talks the Captain in to speaking with her in private off screen. The screen fades out an back in to indicate a certain amount of time passing. Rina and the guard return.

Not satisfied with Rina's first answer, Jowy asks her again once we pass by the guards.

:eek:

We head up the mountain and do some fight and junk before we get to this spot:

Me too, Eilie. Me too.

Pumpkin
01-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Our first boss fight! It is the Mist Shade. He is vulnerable to fire, I think, which is convenient because both Bolgan and Rina have some fire magics.

After a little while, he is defeated.

Aw, shucks. We couldn't have done it without you either! Probably.

We continue to the end of the mountain.

Eilie comments sadly that that is where we will part ways.

And that is all for now, folks! If I remember correctly, we get to recruit our first Star of Destiny next time!

Minami
01-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Ohhh i like Rina. She's my favourite out those three

Madame Adequate
01-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Yes I love these three!

Pumpkin
01-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Biiig update this time.

So we arrive back at Jowy and Riou's hometown.

Everyone says their goodbyes and it is much sadness.

Jowy expresses his concerns and tells me I should go meet up with Nanami right away.

I of course don't and instead explore the town.

The town is acting awfully strange. Half of the people are telling me to grab Nanami and run and the other half are calling me a traitor and a spy. Even worse, they are calling Rowd a courageous hero. Now that's just messed up.

I decide to go check on Jowy's house.

Well, this doesn't look good. Jowy's father is also accusing him of being a traitor.

His family has disowned him after everything he went through. It's really quite sad.

After this Jowy screams you lie!! and it is actually quite sad.

Meanwhile, Riou heads on home to his Dojo. But before I go see Nanami, why don't I randomly check out this tree 3 times for no reason.

Oh, what is this?

Yay, I have a new friend!

He really is quite cute. This is our first recruit and our first star of destiny. For those new to the game, Stars of Destiny are very important and we need to try and recruit 108 of them. We now have 2, including our hero, Riou.

Mukumuku is Star #82 on the Tablet of Stars. He is the Devil Star and star #82's description is: Sung Wan: The Guardian God in the Clouds. Typically in most games this star is a leader of an animal troupe.

Now it is finally time to go meet with Nanami. She is hanging out behind the Dojo. She spots Riou and does a double take before falling over.

Now for the joy that is Nanami:

Pumpkin
01-03-2014, 06:17 AM

She then comments on how they said that spies usually work in pairs and how they will be caught soon.

Then she realizes that Jowy and I have been traveling together.... But she shakes that out of her head.

Oh good. She says that she and I should run away together.

Well this is sweet :jess:. She has a really cute haircut, it suits her well. We head back inside.

This is not so sweet.

And we head out.

This is sucky. Of course Nanami takes a fit and says she won't let them take me. Which means one thing.

FIGHT

We lose.

No, I'm kidding, we win (mostly thanks to Mukumuku and his awesomeness) and then we are greeted by

I hate you. He calls me a spy and says I have committed crimes against Highland. More like lowland amirite.

He says because things aren't black and white or something and I get carried off by about 5 guards.

Yep, they totes did. But at least they're being nice enough to put us all in the same cell together.

Nanami hugs Jowy and Rowd comes over again to stir crap up.

Pumpkin
01-03-2014, 06:25 AM

What is he talking about? He says that the Youth Brigade needed to be sacrificed to achieve the Prince's ambition.

In case you are a bit lost, here is a bullet point to help you:

*Riou and Jowy are from Highland
*They were in the Youth Brigade of Highland
*There was a peace treaty between Highland and the City-State Jowston
*Prince Luca of Highland ordered for the Youth Brigade to be murdered
*They (Highland) then pinned the blame on the City-State, saying that the City-State used the peace treaty as a cover for an ambush
*Jowy and Riou got away, so they said that they were both spies for the City-State

And Nanami demonstrates the attitude they were going for. She admits that if she didn't know better, she would hate the City-State.

Take notes everybody.

We are marched down the streets in shame. A woman in a carriage, identified as Princess Jillia, watches this all happen. She asks what's going on and is told that Riou and Jowy are about to be executed as spies. She expresses disbelief, saying we are just kids, we can't be spies.

I am told to shut up by the guard driving the carriage, and he is hushed by the Princess.

:cheers:

He is also silenced, but Jillis speaks up once again.

Our execution starts with us being beaten. Rowd accuses us of crimes we didn't commit and asks

Took the words right out of my mouth, Riou.

Pumpkin
01-03-2014, 06:29 AM
He says I have resigned myself to my death and tells us to look at the sunset. He says it is the last we will ever see and talk at length about how super his future is going to be now that he has murdered a bunch of teenager. When he looks back from the sunset though, something is different.

Oh yay, my kidnappers are rescuing me!

Rowd uses about 20 exclamation marks and runs off.

And so we head out on a mission to save Nanami! (And Mukumuku)

That's all for this time :D

Pumpkin
01-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Lots of recruiting today!

Time to go rescue Nanami!

She then rushes her way through all of the guards to come to OUR rescue.

That's a great name for an attack.

The guards run away, because this girl is clearly insane, and she can be seen chasing them across the pathways. When she passes by us, she returns and asks what we're doing here when we were supposed to be being executed.

Coincidentally, she was coming to save us!

And now Nanami is one of our Stars of Destiny.

#26. Tenjyu; Star of Longevity. Li Chun: The Dragon who Roils ivers

3 stars out of 108.

We now decide its probably time to run away.

She nods and says that yeah, this is only a temporary goodbye.

So we leave and head back through the mountain trail.

Yeah, Viktor. Why you be so crazy? The guard decides to let Viktor's recklessness slide and Flik decides to school him on letting us through in the first place. Eventually, everything is dropped and we proceed back to the mercenary fortress.

Viktor comments that it feels good to be home and Flik calls the place a piece of crap (paraphrasing).

All he gets is a sweatdrop and a confused Nanami. Viktor then tells us that kids don't appreciate things like the old geezer of *checks Viktor's age* 31 does. He tells us to get some rest and Jowy asks if we're back to being prisoners.

so yes/no. But yaaaay recruiting time! My favorite part of any Suikoden game :D.

First we head over to Ryube where we find a man face down on the ground.

He eventually asks us if we can buy him food.

We are brought to the Inn with Rikimaru gorging himself on food.

The lady comes and tells us the bill is 3000 potch. I agree to pay it.

Pumpkin
01-04-2014, 07:03 AM

Another Star of Destiny!

#51. Chian The Strong Star; Yang Ling: The Five-Hued Leopard

4/108

While we are in Ryube, we spot :kaocheer:MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF THE WHOLE GAME:kaocheer:who is in need of help

OF COURSE I WILL MILLIE

While in the forest, I spot a baby bird and a fallen nest.

I put the baby bird back in the nest and put the nest back in to the tree. Then I continue my search for Bonaparte.

Oh look, we found him. This leads to a very interesting battle.

He hits for a good bit, but after a little while, he goes down. He has this attack where he sucks you up in his mouth and spits you back out.

Millie calms the Bonaparte, who attacked out of fear apparently.

My actually answer is "OMYGOSH YES" but that wasn't an option.

YAAAAAAY we now have my favorite Star of Destiny.

#87. Chiku The Empty Star; Chou T'ung: The Little Conqueror. This star in Suikoden games is usually occupied by a teenage girl.

5/108

Now we head back to check on the baby bird on our way out.

But who dis?

I reply that it was indeed.

Kinnison asks Shiro for his opinion on the matter. Shiro howls which Kinnison understand to be a 'yes.'

Pumpkin
01-04-2014, 07:10 AM

Now we have two more stars!

Kinnison: #68 Chisin The Forward Star; T'ung Wei: Crocodile out of the Hole

Shiro: #69 Chitai The Retreating Star; T'ung Meng: The Oyster that turns the River

7/108

With that done, we head Northwest to the village of Toto where we have never been before and are choosing this particular time for no known reason >.>

Oh look, there's someone in the Inn! What a coincidence!

He basically tells us if we have no business with him we shouldn't talk to him. Nanami calls him on it.

Nanami then turns to Riou and says that we don't want someone like him anyways. This of course gets him curious and he tries to defend himself.

The two go back and forth with arguments until this happens:

Yep, he joins my party after the fight comment.

Yay, another Star of Destiny.

#72 Chisyu The Complete Star; Ch'en Ta: The Gorge Leaping Tiger

8/108. Only 100 left to go!

And that's enough for today. Hope you all enjoyed :3

Madame Adequate
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Your little band is growing rapidly! All these characters are great <3 Millie and Bonaparte <3 Kinnison and Shiro. Well, Zamza's a jerk, but if you equip him right for battles he's pretty much the strongest party member for some time.

If I might offer a recommendation, a lot of the music in this game is truly amazing. Maybe you should give some YouTube links to relevant pieces as we go along? :love:

Pumpkin
01-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Sure, I can do that :jess:

Minami
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Recruiting is my favourite part of the Suikoden series (well in this one i love the cooking and fishing minigames too though)

Madame Adequate
01-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Nanami is my favorite part of the Suikoden series.

Pumpkin
01-05-2014, 06:54 AM
More updatu~~

So we leave Toto, go chill at the Fortress for a little while, and then head back to Toto.

8v2UWySeGq0

We are greeted by this young girl who runs down to say hi.

Super cool story. Pilika asks if Riou is Jowy's friend.

Yer darn tootin, little missy. She is happy with my answer and asks for my name. I say "Riou". I know, unexpected right?

She then urges us to go to her house. So we do!

Her parents are like the nicest friggin people I don't even. They're all just like "We just did what anyone would have done by pulling you out of the river and giving you a place to live and food." I wish that was true. I wish everyone was like that.

Anyways, Pilika brings us to her room to ask an important question.

She saw a wooden amulet with stars and fish on it and saved up her allowance of, well let's just say it isn't very much, so she could buy him a present. This is the sweetest thing I don't even.... maybe it's the mom in me but this just warms my heart ;___;

So of course we accept.

And its off to Muse! It isn't very far. Just West.

ORsmpxNtYb0

I speak to some townsfolks who are all just so overjoyed about the peace treaty. They also go on at length about their mayor, Annabelle, and are overall just joyful people.

We head to the biggest item store in Muse and find the Amulet.

He decides that he will sell it to me... for 500 Potch. You didn't even want it, mister! What is your problem? Well, Pilika's allowance wasn't enough. Now what?

Now we head on back to Toto with the present.

We arrive back and... find the place burned to the ground. We hear Pilika crying.

We rush over to see her :cry:

Pilika tells us how she was told to go hide, and she hid really good and no one found her.

She said she decided to peak and her parents weren't moving and they were covered in red gooey stuff.

Tears. Just... tears.

Pumpkin
01-05-2014, 07:06 AM
PL3DDDD72AA27B9F9D

Apple comes over. We ask what happened.

This is awful :(. I have the feels now.

We do, actually! She tells us we must take her to him ASAP. Jowy is like "Hey, little girl still crying"

Aaaand we get a new Star of Destiny, under less than happy terms.

#85. Chifuku The Hiding Star; Shih En: The Gold Eyed Tiger Cub

9/108

We are kicked out of Toto, but I head back in and find a woman.

She says her efforts were wasted.

#22. Tensatsu (Tensatu) Murderous Star; Li K'uei: The Black Whirlwind

10/108.

Leaving that poor dog alone in that town now is probably the most depressing thing in the game for me so far.

So we rush back to Viktor.

They say their hellos and whatever.

Viktor asks how Mathiu is doing and Apple informs him that he died of war wounds after the last war (Suikoden I). She also says she is visiting the area to do research.

Viktor asks whats up.

Plus Hanna and the dog.

She tells us that he won't leave the Mercenary Fortress as it will interfere with his plans.

Flik says that people won't fall for it, but Viktor takes it more seriously. He tells Jowy and Riou to go get some rest as the others come up with a strategy.

Jowy expresses his concern and how he doesn't know who to trust anymore.

I tell him he can trust me and he says of course he can. Leona comes in to let us know that Viktor is looking for us.

That's all for this time! It was a sad update :(

Jowy
01-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Don't trust me though! :aimwink:

Marshall Banana
01-05-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you're including music clips, 'cause Suikoden II has amazing music! The first thing I did after I opened this thread was pull up a Suikoden II playlist on YouTube.

Also, I didn't know you could recruit MukuMuku so early...

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 07:32 AM
4MKx-6s0auk

UPDATE TIME

We head upstairs to speak with Viktor.

Cool.

Sounds like a good invention. Sadly, Viktor has let them rust and they aren't usable anymore. Flik tells him he should have taken care of his toys.

That is a great name. He asks if we mind fetching this Tsai of the Divine Spear.

He likes privacy so we are going to go barge in on him and demand his help! I also receive 2000 potch to give to Tsai.

Also, Gengen decided to sneak in as a Star of Destiny without a fuss.

#90. Chitan The Short Star; Chou Yuen: Dragon Out of the Woods

11/108

We head back to Ryube and trek through the forest to get to his house. Honestly took longer to get to his house though the woods than to get to Ryube from the Fortress.

0or3glcLbCE

We wait all of 5 seconds before Tsai arrives.

Not many people do. We ask if he is the super cool Tsai of the Divine Spear, and he says no, he's regular old Tsai. He asks what we want and we tell him.

That was easy. He said he heard of the attack on Toto and realized a time of war was near. We offer him the money, but he declines.

Aaaand another Star of Destiny!

#18. Tenyu Guardian Star; Ch'u Ling: The Wielder of the Golden Sword

12/108

Also, this is his house, if anyone cares:

I think it's pretty :3:. So we head back towards town. But we don't see what we usually do. This is what we come back to:

nNYHMMkmJBw

This already looks unfortunate. We see the town on fire and dead bodies everywhere :<.

That's a little bit rude. A man asks to not be killed and Luca tells him he isn't worthy to live and kills him. A woman also begs to live and Luca asks if she wants to live that badly.

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 07:40 AM

In shortened that scene, but honestly it is just terrible :(

Luca says they are not done and that he sword still thirsts for blood. We watch from the sidelines. Jowy says he will not forget this and rages.

Jowy says we can't just stand here and watch, but fighting Luca would be suicide, so yes we can.

Jowy sadfaces and we wait for the attack to be over.

We head on back to the Fortress.

She tells me a man who looks like a bear (Viktor) was worried. We head back to see them.

Flik and Viktor tell us they were worried because of the attack.

With that settled, Viktor tries to shoo me away.

Think of the recruiting opportunities! I need you Viktor, don't leave me ;__;

They say they don't need me slowing them down.

Kay

Darn I should have healed first >:[.

Anyways, for those new to the series, that is a dual fight. They go about kind of like rock paper scissors. Attack > Defense > Wild Attack/Special > Attack.

I hit him a few times and the battle ends.

Then Viktor says that maybe Flik is loosing his touch. Flik gets upset and yells "What did you say?!". Much more like the Flik from Suikoden I. Man he changed in two years.

And that is a good spot to end for today. Hope you enjoyed it!

Marshall Banana
01-06-2014, 08:17 AM
50025 50026 50027 50028

In shortened that scene, but honestly it is just terrible :(

Ugh, I remember that part. It's horrifying.

Pumpkin
01-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Update time!

pVBK7WpYol8

I name it after what I name all of my Suikoden things after :3. Toran! After the Toran republic from the first game!

Sleepy times.

Always when I'm asleep :nonono:

So we head to town... er Mercenary Fortress Square.

Fierce. We look up at the Lion Flag which looks like a 2nd grader drew it. But Viktor like it so w/e

Oh, only 10 days, OKAY

:|

This is a major battle. You have your little units and you move them about on the map, distance varies, and you can attack them or use a special skill, etc. Kind of like a Tactics game.

WRONG! I'm not crying in terror >.> *rocks back and forth*

Seed is a pleasant dude. Culgan tells him to cool his jets.

This is my fire spears being used now that they are working:

Viktor then gloats to Flik about how it was lucky he decided to keep them and Flik says "No one's listening" and proceeds with the battle.

They're buddies :jess:

This is a little battle:

Tsai kicked their butts, fyi.

They retreat.

Hurray!

So, evil does sleep.

No wait, apparently it doesn't.

That exclamation point shows just how serious this situation is.

Nice to meet you, I'm Ashton. I have a cat.

Pumpkin
01-07-2014, 08:09 AM
So the fight starts again and Viktor finally makes a move with his fire spears. But...

Then to add a cheery on top of a Sunday of brutal defeat, a whole bunch more units show up to the south.

Apple says it is all her fault. Yeah...

So we lose.

Sounds good to me!

Jowy asks if I'm okay. I tell him I am.

Of course! So we head back through the fort, doing a few fights along the way. We see Flik and Viktor in the basement who tell me to get out and that they have a plan.

We get upstairs to an unfortunate sight.

He kills poor Pohl :(

Luca says Pilika is ruining his good time with her crying, so he turns his sword on her, too.

We don't hold out for long before he sends us backwards.

Jowy reaches his hand out and yells at Luca to Stop!!!! Luca laughs at him and mocks him and Jowy continuously yells STOP. Luca reassures us that he has sliced so many necks he could do it in his sleep. Well, I feel better now.

But before he can kill us, the room starts shaking and growing a dull red.

We escape and run on through the woods. We turn around to see this.

This is sadness.

Jowy asks Pilika how she's doing and all Pilika can say is eeee..... ooo.... etc.

Jowy is quite distraught over this and begs for Pilika to talk, to call him 'Uncle' again.

:cry:

Jowy says he's sure I'm right and that she'll be fine. He then tells me we should head to Muse.

That's all for today! No recruits this time, sadly, but some good story.

Pumpkin
01-08-2014, 07:38 AM
We head back to Toto village and Pilika runs off on her own. We find her near the burnt down shrine and we enter the cave behind it.

That's always a good reason.

He calls me over.

He asks if this could be the Genkaku who raised Riou and Nanami and the screen goes white. Riou and Jowy find themselves further inside the shrine. A woman appears before them.

Our recruits are now "officially" Stars of Destiny.

The screen goes white again and we see a vision.

eW6t0QjSops

We see memories of when Jowy and Riou were kids.

Jowy and Riou lose the fight. Nanami comes out and chases off the bullies.

We see another scene of the boys peaking over a wall at a cute girl who is playing with her puppy. They get chased off by a guard.

They say they can't tell her because it is a secret among boys. They were playing in the ground by the tree.

We see Jowy and Riou join the Unicorn Brigade with Nanami watching from behind a bush.

We see the pact they made at the beginning of the game, where they slashed an X in to a tree before jumping.

Pumpkin
01-08-2014, 07:56 AM

We see when Jowy came to rescue Riou from the Mercenary Fortress.

We come out of our vision and proceed further in the shrine. The woman appears again and Jowy asks who she is.

For anyone not familiar with the series, the True Runes are a really big deal.

The Rune of Beginning is apparently also the True Rune that basically created the world, so this is pretty huge. True Runes bring great power, but almost always have some kind of curse with them. Suikoden IV isn't the best in the series, but I quite liked the curse of the True Rune in that game.

Anyways, so she asks if we desire power.

So that's a yes.

So we head over to the end of the caves, Jowy going to the one on the right and Riou to the one on the left.

We hold up our right arms and this happens:

With that done, we head back to Leknaat.

Once all of that is over, we exit and everyone makes sure we are okay. Then it is time to head to Muse!

Nanami tries her luck with the guard but it leads to much name calling, including brat and insults about her nose, and Nanami threatens to beat him up and we have to drag her away. They say shouting at the guard won't do any good so we have to find another way.

We leave muse and head to the Inn not too far away. In there we meet a nice woman who offers us a room.

IuJHn9v2wWc

As we are being guided to the room, a man comes barging in.

Hilda is obviously a bit concerned.

Well he fusses and grumbles and says he can't go by himself, so he will recruit people from Muse to help him. We get to go to sleep.

There's an... interesting scene in the morning. Nanami wakes up and Pilika is already up. Nanami pushes Riou out of his bed by climbing in it and wakes him up. Then Nanami comments that Jowy is oversleeping. So Pilika disappears in to his bed and he eventually wakes up.

When we go back downstairs Hilda thanks us and we thank her and go to leave. But Alex comes rushing back in, complaining that people from Muse would not only refuse to help him, but call him a liar.

It does indeedly. He comments that you can't get in to town now without one. Nanami asks him if we can borrow it.

We do need the permit.

Pilika is told by Alex to stay behind and play with his and Hilda's son. Hilda expresses her concern for us before we head out.

That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed it :D

Pumpkin
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Sorry, no update tonight. I am sleepy. I'll play some more tomorrow night!

Endless
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Sorry, no update tonight. I am sleepy. I'll play some more tomorrow night!

Lies. You were just too busy harassing people about the cutest pet contest ;)

Pumpkin
01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
I had to post all the stuff up!

I on't have any more compititions to spend 2 hours setting up again tonight, so I will play the Suikoden ;)

Probably >__>

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Alrighty! Time to go look for treasure with Alex!

So we enter the place.

Alex confirms that it is. Nanami says Jowy is super cool because he could recognize Sindarin. Jowy says it is just because he saw it in a book on his dad's shelf.

And yes, thos do appear to be statues of well endowed women by the entrance.

Okay cool. So we go in and be happy that you are just reading and not playing. The dungeon took a good while of walking here and there and this turn and that turn and fights and more fights.

Eventually we find this:

That is exactly what we are supposed to do. We find a circle shaped hole in one of the walls and insert that, which opens a door. Later, we find a triangle stone.

By inserting the triangle stone in to the wall, the water gets drained and yay new places to walk.

:|

Finally we find a square stone which leads us where we need to be. Alex is ecstatic about the treasure finding.

That's always promising. The gang starts asking themselves what is most important to them. Nanami said she would say Genkaku, but he be dead. Jowy is feeling pretty pessimistic and says there isn't much he hold dear right now. I say everyone. Jowy is like "Oh yeah, good point, I forgot about that".

So we head on through the door to find us some treasure!

Oh good, it is time for....

A BOSS FIGHT!

This was actually easier than expected. I only had to heal once. Shiro and Kinnison have a pretty good combo, Jowy's rune does good damage, and I have a Fire Rune on Nanami, which also did some decent damage. (Also, I didn't pick this party. This is who I got when we fled the Mercenary Fortress. I miss Millie :( )

Treasure time!

Believe it or not, this bums out Alex, who was expecting like jewels and stuff, I guess.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 08:15 AM
So we head back and Alex is sad. He is unhappy with his treasure and drops it on the ground and kicks it. he says he is too embarrassed to go home.

Nanami comforts him and convinces him to go home to Hilda.

We get back to the Inn and are greeted by a frantic Pilika and Alex and Hilda's son, Pete.

Well this doesn't look good.

Nanami steps up and starts ordering us around.

Gee, I wonder what we could do. Oh, I have an idea! I could go get those healing herbs that Alex thought he was too good for!

I do just that.

I

am a genius.

Alex gets a huge "!" over his head and wonders if it will really work.

It really does!

D'aww, she is a really sweet wife :jess:

Great!

Alex explains to Hilda about how there was no treasure (except there was, way too be ungrateful) and she tells him he can keep searching. He shows disinterest in this.

Jowy comes rushing back in, late to the party, not having found a doctor. You had one job, Jowy!

Before too long, Hilda is back on her feet. She thanks us and offers for us to stay at her Inn anytime, for free! Yay!

And with that, we can head to Muse!

Next time :3:

Jiro
01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Convenient treasure, holy shit. Also fuck you Alex man cheer up. Your wife is okay now. God. Think of the book you can write with that sort of adventure.

Quindiana Jones
01-10-2014, 02:02 PM
"Found a miracle drug that cured my suddenly and exceptionally ill wife. Didn't find any gold. FML"

NeoExdeath
01-10-2014, 04:22 PM
I just finished Suikoden 2 a few hours ago, amazing game. The relationship with Riou, Jowy and Nanami is just amazing.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Biiig update time. Aaaaaand we get some new recruits :D

So we head over to Muse with our new pass.

So why are we stopping?

Oh okay. That's a... brilliant plan.

Why? Because Pilika is a girl, stupid. It is much more believable when a boy the same age as us acts like our son. Jowy protests.

I choose that answer because :3

Jow is not so amused.

So we head on up to the guard and get some super acting from Nanami.

The guard then asks us who is Alex, Hilda, and Pete. he is, SOMEHOW, suspicious of Jowy being our like 6 year old son, Pete.

Huh?

I thought this plan was fool proof! I have no idea how this happened.

So we get our butts thrown in prison and Nanami and Jowy start arguing. Jowy says Nanami overacted and Nanami says she was just acting like a 28 year old woman (she wasn't) and she blames Jowy. They ask me to pick a side.

Nanami was slightly worse, but I don't like picking sides. The guard barges in and tells us to shut up and get some sleep. Rude much?

So I can't sleep and go up to Jowy and we start talking.

Jowy remembers the visions we had (also known as memories) when we got our runes.

He says he was jealous because even though his family was rich and he got whatever he wanted, he didn't have the connection that Riou, Nanami, and Genkaku had.

He asks if he think we will ever go back.

This seems to cheer him up a little bit.

He then gets sad again. He says he was happy (basically) with Pilika and her family, and he liked her calling him Uncle Jowy. He wanted to protect her, and he failed.

I will say this, the dynamic in this game with Jowy and Pilika is brilliant. I think its great seeing that side of Jowy. It's one of my favorite parts of this story.

he says he wants to end the war, and he will do whatever it takes.

Pilika wakes up and Jowy apologizes for waking her. He lays her back down to sleep. Then we get some rest.

We wake up the next morning to find Flik and Viktor have come to bail us out. Again.

He tells us he was worried about us and he calls Nanami a few names and Nanami gets upset and angry and eventually they move past it and are better friends then ever! All of that is true except the friends part.

Kay, thanks for the directions.

Nanami then raises a fuss and Viktor lets her come along too. He isn't happy about it though.

I go drop off Pilika with Leona at the tavern (good place for kids) and then proceed to walk around town to buy armor and things.

But what's this?

Sure, why not, strange lady.

Okay!

Then I head south a little bit.

He asks if I saw a woman.

Nope.

then I head towards the entrance of the town because why not.

:O!!!

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Well this is weird. They then decide to have a gun fight RIGHT AROUND ME.

It looks kinda like this:

Then they leave, one being chased by the other.

Oh kids these days and their drugs.

Anyways, I finally head to City Hall.

So we head over and interrupt the woman in a meeting.

The man compliments her excellent leadership skills and he tells her she has no time for brown-nosers and people who's mouth works faster than their feet. She tells him to leave, and he runs out.

Annabelle comes over, Viktor is in awe at her leadership skills, and introductions are made. Annabelle hears Jowy's name and asks about his family.

I don't like Jess's face. Then she asks about Genkaku.

She asks how he is doing and Nanami informs her that he died a year ago. She then says something about never being able to atone for their sins against him, and when asked, she replies that she is very busy and we will discuss it later. She then leaves us under the care of Jess.

Jess :argh:

He leaves me alone with Jess and we get to wander around City Hall. We decide to walk in on him talking to some dude.

Gee, what could we do with these? Jess spots us and we ask what's up.

I agree to this, because why not. Nanami fusses at me, but she agrees. So we have our next mission! I think I'm supposed to go Northeast? It's North something, I'll figure it out.

But first, let us wander around town.

Oh look, it is our old friend Tuta! He asks how we're doing and I tell him we're okay and he takes us to see Huan.

Yaaaay a new recruit :jess:

#57. Chijyu The Beast Star; Fuang Fu Tuan: The Purple Bearded

Fun fact: Tuta occupies the same star in Suikoden III where he looks 50411 and star #57 is usually occupied by a healer.

13/108

Now let's head to the tavern!

There is a lady here!

Sure, why not. I head over to Leona, who gives me a refill and I hand it to the lady. Then I leave town for no apparent reason and come right back. Then she asks if I have ever seen a lady swordsman before (or swordswoman, if you will) and I say I've never seen one so beautiful. This makes her happy. Then I leave town once again for no apparent reason and come right back. She asks for some Antitoxin. I give her some. Then she asks if we are fighting or something and I say yes and ask her to join.

And another recruit! (If you miss Tuta, he joins automatically later on, and Anita can be recruited two different ways later on in the game if you miss her here. Let me know if you need help!)

#24 Tenkyu, Lewd Star; Mu Hung: The Indominable One

14/108

Now why don't we head back to the Mercenary Fortress for funsies.

Oh look, there's someone here!

Well he isn't allowed, so he starts to leave and he spots us.

After the introductions, he takes his leave. I head back to Toto.

Here he is again! What luck!

He talks about how terrible the town looks. He asks if we are fighting against this. I say yes.

Yaaaay!

#106 Chimou (Chikou) The Rat Star; Pei Sheng: Rat in the Daylight

14/108

This star was also occupied by Templeton in the first game (where he looked basically the same, but two years younger) and it is usually held by the map maker of the game.

We also now have a map!

That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed it :D

NeoExdeath
01-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Shion, are you going for all 108 stars and perfect ending? Also is this your first time playing it?

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I am going for all 108 stars. And this is actually my third playthrough :jess:

Madame Adequate
01-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Man you're really tearing through this, good stuff! I am very much enjoying it :D

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Shion, I haven't been reading this thread because I haven't played this game yet and want to avoid spoilers, but I just wanted to say it's super cool that you're doing this and putting in a million pictures and everything! :thumbsup:

MukuMuku

:mukumuku: ? :3:

Pumpkin
01-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback guys :jess:. It is nice to know some people are enjoying it. I'll post up another update later.

I am actually not playing with a walkthrough, I'm going through this off of memory. So it is possible that I miss some stuff. Although I am pretty certain I'll manage all 108 stars.

And if you need help recruiting some stars, Pike, this thread will be here for you in the future :monster:

NeoExdeath
01-12-2014, 04:40 AM
Good stuff. I started a new save on Suikoden (1) last night, luckily it's much shorter than 2. :P So glad I held onto my copies of these games seeing what they go for on online now. :O Getting all 108 is tricky even with a walkthrough. Are you doing Clive's and any other side stories?

Pumpkin
01-12-2014, 04:48 AM
I won't be able to do Clive's sidequest. I have him set up to recruit, but I spend too much time on video games :P. There is no way I'll be able to get there on time unless I use a cheat or something, which i really don't feel like doing.

Pumpkin
01-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Update time again!

So we head basically dead North and arrive at the border. Someone tells me I can't pass.

So he guides me to the woods and then I go through and fight bunnies and find treasures.

Note: There is a character to be recruited later on that you need to have escaped from 50 battles to recruit. I have been randomly picking battles as I go to escape from so that i should hopefully meet this quota by the time he can be recruited.

So we get to the end of the forest, where the camp is.

That big tent. Over there.

It's obviously guarded though, which is a bummer.

It's conveniently enough the ONLY tent that is guarded.

So we head over there and someone comes up to us, noticing our Youth Brigade uniforms. he asks what we're doing here, and Jowy tells him we escaped from the attack way back when.

Just goes to show that not everyone in the Highland Army is evil. A lot of them don't really know what happened.

I respond with the first one because I'm trying to not be suspicious, and a bunch of kids who thought they were attacked by the City-State would probably have a bit of a grudge.

So he lets us past, examining us one last time before deciding we couldn't be spies with faces like these :smug:

We get in the provisions tent by saying we need butter. Butter is pretty important, so I can see why they let us in.

So we exit, but are sadly met by a familiar face.

An ugly, familiar face.

He then points out the irony of the fact that we really are spies this time!

Irony, huh?! Amirite :greenie:

So we run for it, because really. And we hide in the fanciest tent we can find.

It is occupied by princess Jillia.

She tells him to leave. He insists. She tells him to leave again. He insists again. She says...

He leaves.

That's a cool name. My next playthrough of this game I should name Riou that.

You can't say she isn't polite.

She sits us down for some tea, and talks about her brother, Luca. She asks if I've heard of him. Just a little, Jillia. Just a little.

She explains that she is beginning to realize that there is nothing she can do to stop him. She then tells us things have calmed down, and we can leave.

I tell her the tea was good :3

So we head out and are once again greeted by ugly face. Getting real tired of you, Rowd.

So there's a fight. It is over really quickly.

Rowd decides to call more soldiers.

Pumpkin
01-12-2014, 07:42 AM

I tell him I can't leave but he insists.

Riou runs.

Rowd tells Jowy he will get us both and that Jowy is wasting his time trying to protect his friends.

That's a really great moment for Jowy there. Very touching. He then uses his Black Sword Rune.

Meanwhile...

Riou catches up with the others, but are immediately swarmed by soldiers. The battle ends in my favor.

I tell her I'll explain later, but now we have to run.

Head back to Muse we do!

Nanami suggests we go see Jess, but he's in a meeting, so we can't.

Jess :argh:

Then Nanami suggests we go find Flik and Viktor.

Flik and Viktor are at the bar getting drunk.

Out of concern, apparently.

Nanami explains the situation and how Jowy is missing, and Viktor rages a little bit.

But, says Nanami, we already tried. He's busy. Viktor says he has a trick.

We head back to City Hall and Viktor basically body tackles the poop out of the poor man guarding the door to the office. Flik says it's some trick and Viktor replies with:

:bro:

Jess is of course upset by our barging in, but no one cares about Jess anyways. They ask if it was true that Jowy and Riou were sent to spy.

Jess defends his behavior by saying they needed to know how much provisions the Highland Army has, so they can plan accordingly. I tell him 2 weeks worth. Viktor rages some more. Viktor and Jess fuss at each other.

Anabelle tells us there's nothing she can do.

We end up back at the tavern. Nanami asks if I think Jowy will be okay, and I reply that of course he will.

7kLSTvCI3u0

So we go wait by the gate for Jowy to come back.

I reject her offer. We sit for a minute. She offers again. I reject it again. Pilika comes out, huffing and puffing. She obviously ran over. She starts to cry, but Nanami reassures her that Jowy would never break a promise and that he will come back. Pilika waits with us. Nanami tells a story about when Riou got lost in the woods. Her and Jowy waited just like this.

She offers again for me to go to sleep.

I reject it again. She continues her story.

Pilika dozes off at some point.

But then, what do we see in the distance? It's Jowy!

When we see him, and he sees us, we all run towards each other.

He assures us he kept his promise and he is happy we waited for him.

D'awww :cry:

We wake up to Nanami fussing at us for sleeping in. Apparently a week has passed since the incident. She tells us we need to get our butts moving because

I wonder what it could be?

I guess we will find out next time :jess:

Hope you enjoyed!

NeoExdeath
01-12-2014, 07:44 AM
One of the most saddest bits is next. :'(

Pumpkin
01-13-2014, 06:30 AM
No update tonight, sorry :(. I've had some things to do and now I just want to go to bed.

I'll post up more tomorrow!

Probably >.>

Pumpkin
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
THIS IS NOT A FULL UPDATE

I will be doing my full update tonight. This is just a small one because I am leaving soon, and it will make things advance more quickly tonight.

We head over to Jowston Hill and see Viktor. Jowy asks what's going on.

He says we can get inside if we stick with him. He goes up to the guard and declares who he is. The guard asks for ID. Viktor says his face is ID. This isn't acceptable to the guard.

Flik walks up and makes sure Viktor isn't planning to use his "trick" again. The guard instantly recognizes him as Flik of the Blue Lightning and lets everyone in. Viktor asks how they know Flik's face and not his own, and Flik is just as confused.

We enter the meeting room, Anabelle and Jess enter first, followed by 3 men. One of them tells Nanami to mover her keester, basically. Nanami starts to rage.

Nanami finds herself tongue tied. Camus' friend Miklotov asks what he's doing. He says he's being a good knight, and asks if his friend has a problem.

The two knights then leave to take their seats.

Everyone is introduced, but I won't repeat it all because you're going to see them all anyways.

It is said that they slaughtered many towns already, including Viktor's Mercenary Fortress.

That was Hauser. He is of the rare black Suikoden species. You don't see many of them.

That's how it's different, she says.

She replies with "How dare you..." That was pretty rude, guy.

Makai says his soldiers are also tired.

Granmeyer tells him he should watch what he says. Man, Gustav is one ugly man.

A random guard appears and talks to Jess. He then leaves.

Gorudo finally admits that this might be serious. Anabelle orders them all to amass their army's.

And that's it for now. Find out what happens later tonight!

Ayen
01-14-2014, 02:17 AM

These are the greatest last words ever uttered in human history.

That stuff with Jowy was harsh stuff. Why has it taken me this long to check out this thread? I'd play the game for the dialog options alone.

Pumpkin
01-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Update~~

Viktor asks our opinion on the meeting. Nanami says it just seemed like abunch of old men arguing, which made Viktor laugh.

We head back to the tavern.

So Viktor agrees to do it. 2 days of fighting seems like a lot!

Anabelle first says she is sorry for getting us involved and we should let the grown ups handle it. Jowy asks again, and asks if I want to fight. I say yes, because honestly I don't have much choice in the matter. She agrees, while telling us to make sure not to get killed.

Ruin all my plans :nonono:

Nanami is happy about that. We head to bed, wake up, and head downstairs.

With our mission clear, we head in to battle!

Solon Jhee likes to hang out in one corner of the map by himself. He doesn't move. It is very hard to get to him. I recommend just buying time.

A little bit in to the fight, Viktor comments on one of the enemy units.

He is indeed! This will become relevant in a few minutes.

Soon, the reinforcements from Matilda arrive.

Assist us he does!

We damage Gilbert's unit and a scene initiates. This is important. You have to do enough damage to Gilbert's unit that it gets a little sword over his unit (see the screen, once they get two swords, the unit is dead) and then he will join you. This is the ONLY time you can recruit him in the game. Since you're buying time, it's pretty easy to do, but if you don't I recommend restarting and doing the battle over, because you can't recruit him later on.

So now we have a new Star of Destiny!

#38. Chisatsu (Chiretsu) Violent Star; Huang Hsin: The Who Rules Three Mountains

16/108

Yup. The battle proceeds, until the Highland army is down to only 3 units.

Another note if you play the game. Riou's unit can heal allies within a certain diamond shape. Just so you know this if you start having a lot of damaged units, just plot Riou down in the middle of them, and Voila!

Riou's unit actually only got in to one battle the whole time and let me just tell you, he tool out like 14 cavalry units and lost none :O! Badass

Miklotov complains saying a knight doesn't turn his back to his enemy in battle. Camus tells him a knight obeys orders. They retreat.

A short while later, the battle ends, with Solon Jhee making a very disgusting comments about us basically being displayed on the walls of Muse in blood.

After the battle we get some sleep. Nanami tries to ask me a question but drops it.

What is Jowy up to?! :O!

If you haven't played the first Suikoden, that is Kage. He is a ninja and was a Star of Destiny in the first game. Now he isn't even important enough to get a face picture :roll2.

Pilika comes in and says "......................?" That's just what I was thinking, Pilika.

Morning arrives and we head downstairs. Viktor tells Riou and Jowy that they did a great job. Nanami fusses because she was there too.

Nanami fusses at him some more and Flik laughs. The usual.

We arrive at City Hall and find Anabelle in yet another meeting. Gosh, Anabelle, stop being so busy with the whole war and stuff. Selfish.

Ayen
01-14-2014, 05:17 AM
You can't tell me what to do, Anabelle! *dies and gets a Game Over screen*

Jowy, you better not go and do something stupid or I'm going to haunt you from the Game Over screen.

Pumpkin
01-14-2014, 05:23 AM

Other old dude says his is basically being a chicken, and Gustav says that he was the first to withdraw during the Scarlett Moon War (which is a great name for a war, btw) and it results in some arguing and calling each other cowards before Anabelle tells them to cool their jets. Gustav says he isn't committing his troops right now, and leaves.

She says Muse is her home, and she wants to protect it. Jowy, Nanami, and Riou leave.

We head back to the Tavern and Pilika comes out to play with Jowy. Jowy says he can't play right now and asks Nanami to play with her instead. Nanami asks why but receives no answer. She takes Pilika to play.

I see Nanami and Pilika upstairs playing. Nanami comments that she hasn't seen Jowy and Pilika acts worried. Nanami assures her that Jowy isn't mad at her. I go look for him.

I find him by City Hall talking to Kage again. What are you two, BFF's now?!?!?

I don't need to ask who Kage is because I know that Kage is a badass ninja.

I ask what he is going to do.

It is now nightime and we see Anabelle by herself and hear a knocking.

4Kk3UsSpiSM

Viktor comes in and offers her alcohol. He says its the only bottle he could carry when his fort burned down. Priorities man!

Viktor says he needs to get some sleep because being tired makes you weak. Anabelle says if she was born in a different time and place and was a bit younger and a bit shorter, she might make a good girlfriend for Viktor. He says she's fine the way she is. D'awwww :love:

Back at the tavern:

We decide to go look for him.

Next update is a very important one. We find out what's up with Jowy and it's a great and important scene.

Hope you enjoyed :D

Ayen
01-14-2014, 06:16 AM
A part of me don't blame Gustav for being cautious, the other part wants to ask if the army has to be burning his city to the ground for him to do anything.

Jowy
01-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Let Jowy take charge. He knows what's best, after all.

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 12:41 AM
Okay this is my first update tonight. I'll be posting another one up in an hour or two. This way I don't have to upload a whole bunch of pics all at once.

We head over to City Hall and are told our friend is already there.

Jowy asks if he can come in.

She says she can tell he isn't joking and says she doesn't want to believe it. He asks her to please not scream.

She asks if he can at least let her finish her drink. She says an old friend gave it to her and it would be a shame to waste it. He turns his head.

We hear a cup smash and are brought back to Nanami and Riou, who go to Anabelle's room.

We ask Jowy what happened and he apologizes to Riou. The he runs away.

I didn't do anything :nonono:

Jess :mad2:

A guard comes in and tells us that Highland has invaded the city. Jess asks how that could have happened so quickly.

Jess and the guard rush out to get Anabelle a doctor. She tells us to tell Jess she doesn't need one. We tell her not to talk.

She asks if we were happy with our life with Genkaku. Nanami and Riou both say yes. She says she can at least rest in peace, knowing that.

She tells us to run and get away from the Highland army.

FIIIIIIIIINEEE

Kay thanks. We head out.

Once we reach the gate, Nanami asks how many times we've run like this. Pilika tries to run back and Nanami stops her. Pilika cries.

We leave Muse.

She says no, he couldn't have done that. She says she would like for all of us to run away from the fighting, go to the mountains or something, and have a farm. She asks if that would be nice and I say it would. She calls me a liar and then apologizes. She tries to forget about Jowy.

We wake up and she tells us to wash our faces and we head south.

More update later :D

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Update time again!

HnYTdDHZKN8

We wander down to the docks and are scared off by a Highland soldier who tells us that no ships are allowed to leave by order of Luca. Nanami helpfully points out that it will be difficult to get to South Window without a boat.

Talking to the townsfolks, we see that they are ina rough spot. Highland took over Coronet (here) shortly after Muse. They stopped the boats and now the town can't get any of its fish or make the same living it could before. One soldier laughs at how the Highland army has taken over the City-State.

We head to the Inn and run in to some familiar faces.

She spots Riou and runs over, pushing Nanami out of the way, hard.

We explain the story and go sit down.

So not the same story at all, then :confused:

Rina also asks if Nanami is Riou's girlfriend. She says she's his big sister and Rina says that's good, talking to Eilie. Eilie tells her to shut up. It's obvious enough, Eilie, you don't have to hide it.

So we head over somewhere and see a scene.

Sheena is a character who was also in Suikoden I. Just a fun fact. Tai Ho and Yam Koo, who you are about to see in a minute, are also characters from the original Suikoden.

Sheena leaves in a huff and we enter.

Tai Ho thinks its Sheena again and tells him to go away.

Nanami asks if we can use his boat. He says no. Riou persists. So Tai Ho calls him over.

Then we play a game of I can't remember what it's called, but its basically, you roll 3 dice, try to get 2 dice of the same number, the 3rd number is your score. There are other rules but that's the simplified version.

I win first try :D!

He scored a 1 and I scored a 4.

Tai Ho says he knew I was lucky.

Yam Koo warns him about the Highland soldiers, but Tai Ho wants none of it.

So we head on back to the Inn.

Rina worries about pirates but Bolgan and Eilie tell her we'll be fine. (There are no pirates)

Aaaaaaaaand we have just recruited 3 more Stars of Destiny :jess:!!!!!!!!

Bolgan: #31Tenpai The Vanquished Star; Juan the Seventh: The Fierce King of Devils

Eilie: #28 Tenzai Star of Sin; Juan the Fifth: The Short Lived

Rina: #27 Tenken Dagger Star; Juan the Second: God of Swift Death

Those 3 stars are usually a trio that are friends like with these 3 in other Suikoden games.

19/108

So we head back to get our boat ride. Tai Ho is instantly impressed with Rina.

I've always liked Yam Koo.

Not much in the way of scenes in the next town, but we head to Kuskus.

yPVPtxV7yxE

Tai Ho drops us off and we are left to fend for ourselves. Eilie gets close to Riou which makes Nanami visibly uncomfortable and she turns away. We wander around town and the most notable thing is when I talk to one guy, walk over to another and as soon as I press the talk button, the first guy walks in front of him, making it so I talk to the same guy twice. That's like... talk blocking. There will be more stuff to do here later on.

We head south and reach South Window. As good a name for a town as any, I suppose.

I don't get far before Viktor spots us. Eilie asks if I know the loud man.

I say this because Viktor is cool and I don't need to call him Bear. In case you're wondering, if you call him Bear he comes upa ll "I heard that!!"

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Viktor looks over at Eilie and then over at Rina.

Eilie gets offended, Rina is pleased, and Nanami asks if he was talking about her. He looks at her and she steps back. That's a no.

He asks where Jowy is and I explain.

He says he couldn't believe it and says there must be some explanation.

Head over to the tavern I do, once I've finished my shopping.

IA7db-YTA9s

There we meet up with Viktor and Flik.

He tells us of his journey getting to South Window, which we don't hear because the screen blacks out.

Rina asks if he wants to get a contract from the Mayor, and he says yes. He says he needs a place for his allies, and some food money and such. Rina and the others choose to sit out the meeting.

And two more Star of Destiny!!

Flik: #17 Tenan Dark Star; Yang Chi: Blue Faced Beast

Viktor: #13 Tenko Lone Star; Lu Chi Shen: The Tattooed Priest

21/108

We head over to see the old dude.

Viktor be like "Aaaaaalrright". He says this pretty much right off the bat, without Viktor having to ask. After congratulating him on escaping.

Random note: Flik has cooled his jets a good bit since Suikoden I

He then confirms if Viktor is from North Window (like South Window, but North instead) Viktor says yes.

Another Star of Destiny!

Freed Yamamoto: #34 Tenbou Savage Star; Hsieh Chen: Double Headed Snake

22/108

He and a character you see later in the game have a daughter in Suikoden III. She looks 50627

With the meeting over, we head out.

That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed :D

Jiro
01-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Didn't know Aaron Freed was in Suikoden II in a disguise.

also JOWY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

I need to know why man. If all you wanted to do was kill someone then there are other ways to do it. Hanging out with ninjas has corrupted you dude

Ayen
01-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Goddammit, Jowy! What did I tell you? I told you if you did something stupid I was going to haunt you, didn't I?

*appears in ghost form, start doing some serious F.E.A.R trout*

You brought this on yourself!

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Ready for another update?

km_Qjhp-WZg

Music pretty much needed for the first few pics ^

We see a cutscene that looks like this:

The camera slowly pans over and we see a face. The eyes start to glow red.

That's disturbing.

So we head back to the Inn. Eilie asks how it went.

he says we're off to North Window and asks if Riou is coming. I don't get to answer before Nanami butts in.

Eilie comments that she's also curious. Rina and Bolgan agree to stay behind to watch Pilika. Poor girl, imagine all the stuff she's going through at such a young age. Flik plans to join us, but Rina has other plans.

Flik gets flustered and Viktor pretty much just decides to leave him there.

To North Window!

We arrive and it... well it sucks. The place is just... dead/

They ask what happened.

He destroyed Neclord in Suikoden I, for those who haven't played. Also, Neclord is quite the name for a vampire :P

Viktor is visibly shocked to see his enemy arrive.

Viktor calls him some names.

Viktor is obviously upset now. Neclord raises his arm and some corpses come out of the ground.

Eilie yells at Neclord, telling him he can't use the dead as his personal playthings. Nanami says that's right and says Riou will kick his butt and then she runs and hides behind him.

Neclord apparently likes these courageous young girls.

This of course lesds to a battle where he pretty much destroys me.

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Neclord encourages Viktor to get the Star Dragon Sword, saying he wants to destroy it. Then he disappears.

Viktor seems to have been having a different conversation?

That's... pretty messed up.

Viktor says that Neclord claims to be the embodiment of one of the 27 True Runes. Eilie asks what do you mean 'claims' and Viktor says we'll find out.

To the Cave of the Wind we go!

Good name. Viktor says he and other youngsters used to come here to test their strength. He warns that there are monsters inside. It's like its an RPG dungeon or something.

So we go through the cave and it's pretty long and boring. A few times I have to push boulders in front of openings in the wall so I don't get blown away by the wind. At one point there is some random old dude standing in front of 3 treasure chests. He offers to bring me back to the start of the dungeon. I decline.

We proceed further in to the cave.

He says he has been waiting for Viktor. Viktor asks why.

He says he wants to destroy Neclord once and for all for his family.

Khan says it wasn't meant for his hands. Then he said, besides, the way it looks..... and Viktor says that's what he figured.

We head a little bit further to reach the Star Dragon Sword.

He gets no response. He asks if Star Dragon Sword is mad. Eilie says what would you expect, calling him names like dumb.

Viktor says he thought the sword would appreciate the peace and quiet. Eilie freaks out a bit at the sword talking and Viktor calling it pal.

Then he calls Viktor nothing more than his servant. This angers Viktor who calls him useless and whiny. The sword gets angry.

So we have a boss fight. Takes a little while, but I wear him down. He shrinks back down to regular size.

Viktor tells him he shouldn't get so mad. The Sword basically comments that he can keep fighting.

The sword forgives him and asks why Viktor came back.

And so we can head over to beat on Neclord!

That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed :D

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 09:19 PM
So, since I'm not half asleep while posting this time, I thought it might be fun to try a few things.

1. Later in the game, there will be these cooking contest type challenges. I was wondering if anyone or several anyones would like to help me pick out which dishes to cook when the challenges come up. I could show you guys who the judges are (they're always among the characters recruited) and someone could pick the dishes to be cooked?

2. To help people have a better understanding of the Suikoden world, I've found some infor on the 27 True Runes, which are kind of like God's of this world. So here is some info, with the spoilers taken out, in case anyone is curious:

Seen in: Suikoden II
A True Rune representing animalistic rage and passion; the rune is officially said to have been given to Highland (country) by Harmonia (country). However, the fact is that the Beast Rune refused to be contained within Harmonia and took residence in L'Renouille (capital of Highland) according to its own will. Harmonia hid this fact by claiming that it was a gift, and used it as a political tool. The True Beast Rune can take the form of wolves.

A Rune representing compassion and destruction, this rune also turns its bearer into a vampire. This rune carries with it a huge curse, as it actually dominates its bearer's mind until s/he gains mastery over its powers.

A True Rune representing order and stagnation, not much is known about this rune as well as its bearer. The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia is named after this rune's power of bringing peace and harmony. However, scholars argue that the power of stagnation has become more prevalent in recent times, stalling the progress of the Holy Kingdom.

Seen in: Suikoden I, II, and III, sort of.
The Dragon Rune allows dragons to exist in this world. The bearer of this rune holds a huge responsibility, for the death of the bearer means all dragons in the world would also die. For this reason, the captain of the dragon knights rarely changes. The Rune also allows its bearer to control dragons, even if they have been turned into undead dragons. The power of the rune depends on the willpower of its bearer, which means dragons may not obey this runes bearer if s/he is mentally weak. It is not known why dragons can not survive in this world without the help of the Dragon Rune. However, it is known that dragons in great pain are able to create portals to return to their home world, the "World of Wings and Scales."

Seen in: Suikoden II (sort of) and Suikoden III.
No-one knows what powers this rune may hold. Scholars argue that an affinity with monsters (summoning, for example) and the power of teleportation is dervied from this rune, but no-one is certain.

Seen in: Suikoden I
A True Rune with the power to connect worlds, this rune holds great powers. Belonging to the Gate Rune Clan, this rune has been protected for centuries. However, the clan was destroyed by invading Harmonians in Solis 78. The two sisters, Windy and Leknaat (In the Gate Rune Clan, all members were considered siblings), separated the Gate Rune into two halves and teleported away.

Seen in: Suikoden I, II, and III
A True Rune representing the "power of the night", this rune allows "creatures of the night," such as zombies, skeletons, and vampires to exist, as well as easily brings them back out of existence, when normal methods cannot. It was borne originally intertwined with the Sun Rune, which governed over light. The Sun Rune's great light annoyed the Night Rune, which severed the bond between the two runes. After initially becoming a sword, this rune's natures and whereabouts are shrouded in mystery.

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.

Seen in: Suikoden IV
A True Rune that represents atonement and forgiveness and is always borne on the left hand of its host; this rune is a parasite that feeds off its host with fatal consequences: the rune has tremendous offensive capabilities; however, using them drains the bearer's life force, eventually to the extent that he or she turns to ash and their memories are locked away in the Rune; the Rune then transfers to the nearest available host. Whilst it is still believed that the Rune of Punishment will grant standard True Rune abilities such as agelessness; there is no record of any of its previous bearers surviving long enough for this to be an issue.

A True Rune representing the "initial chaos of birth" inherent in times of creation. This True Rune is always found separated into it's components-- the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune. Scholars are uncertain whether the Black Sword and Bright Shield are the same "sword" and "shield" from the legends of creation, and no one knows what exact power the Rune of the Beginning bears. It is said that the rune grants its owner the power to "judge war".

Seen in: Suikoden I, Suikoden IV-ish
Also known as the "Rune of Life and Death", this rune represents two inevitabilities. The rune bent the fate of those around the bearer and dragged them into the clutches of death. However, it is uncertain whether having one's soul being sucked by the souleater means death, as the spirits of those who have died live on within the bearer of the Souleater.

Seen in: Suikoden I
The rune's powers are still a mystery, but it grants it's bearers complete immunity to all runes, and also allows its bearer to change into a three-headed dragon.

Seen in: Suikoden V
A True Rune governing over light, warmth, and nuturing, the Sun Rune is one of the three treasures of Falena. Originally connected with the Night Rune, the runes were split after the Night Rune incarnated itself into a sword and severed the link between them. When they split, two pieces were detached: The Dawn Rune and the Twilight Rune. The Sun Rune is borne on the forehead, and slowly makes any bearer go mentally insane, without the Dawn and Twilight Runes to control it's impulses.

Seen in: Suikoden III
A True Rune representing the power of the earth. It's powers are vast, granting great protection spells to its bearer.

A True Rune representing the power of fire. The rune grants powerful flame-based spells that hurt friend and foe alike if within the area of effect.

A True Rune representing the power of lightning. The rune grants incredibly powerful offensive spells to its bearer.

A True Rune representing the power of water. The rune grants powerful healing spells along with attack spells to its bearer.

Seen in: Suikoden I, II (kind of) and Suikoden III
A True Rune representing the power of the wind.

Ayen
01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Well, wasn't expecting that vampire subplot to show up. It's starting to feel like Castlevania up in here. A talking sword you fight? Awesome!

Pumpkin
01-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Update time!

I head back to South Window to rest and buy some new armor and what have you. The I head back to North Window to face Neclord.

The sword calls him something like stupid meat puppet and in we go! There weren't many fights and it wasn't a long dungeon. Just wander around, move a statue, light a candle, and off we go.

Viktor seconds this statement by telling Neclord he should prepare to die!

He summons a girl.

Viktor is surprised to see Daisy, who we can deduce was his former lover.

I yell at Viktor not to give him the sword. Kahn points out that we can't defeat Neclord without the Night Rune (the sword). The sword doesn't care either way.

:plumcheer:

And so he chops off the fake Daisy's head.

He takes off and summons a creepy looking beast in his place.

The only difficult part about this fight is that the thingy gets to act twice in one round. He doesn't do too much damage though, and Riou can easily heal them all up with his rune. Kahn also has a rune that was pretty much made for this fight.

Screen fades out.

Viktor says he's right.

Don't worry Viktor, we're here for you.

Viktor says thanks, and Kahn leaves us.

I'm not a huge fan of Kahn, but I do think it's cool how he has his hands in his pockets during fights, so you expect him to use a dagger or something, and he ends up pulling out a full sized sword.

We start to head back to South Window, but we have some company. Nanami wonders what's going on.

Pumpkin
01-17-2014, 09:54 PM
That was fast. I just left!!

Screen fades out.

We are in the meeting room of North Window castle. Freed demands Flik tell him everything.

That's awful :(. Imagine coming out and seeing your mayor's head...

Just awful awful awful.

Flik explains that he escaped because he was with women and children. Rina asks who helped him escape exactly, and he tells her to be quiet. Nanami does the same as us with ????

They ask what we should do and I say we can find a way. The others act like I'm crazy and are instead for running away. Eilie is on my side and tells us there's more than just running away. They all perk up and someone comments that we can't keep running to the end of the world.

Apple says there is a way!

She is asked if she has an idea. She says she has sadly proven that she isn't up for the task. But...

Nanami asks if he is handsome and Apple says she doesn't know anything about that.

Sure Apple, sure. :greenie:

I take her and Nanami. My optional characters I take Tuta, Zamza, Tsai, and Mukumuku because they are behind on levels. Tuta has basically an auto-medicine rune though, which is pretty useful.

Also, I have a headquarters now! North Window got cleaned up (incredibly quickly) and it will now house the hero and our Stars of Destiny!!

OFKiH28WVH8

So we head to Radat and I get an item appraised at the appraiser. Something extremely convenient happens and I end up with a Celadon Urn, which is the exact item I need to recruit this appraiser later on in the game. So I hold on to that.

We head to Shu's house. Nanami comments on his richness.

He comes out and says he knows what we are going to ask, but to go ahead and ask anyways.

That's a pretty big thing. She says he isa monster and many people will suffer because of him.

Apple asks why not. She says he knows what will happen if Luca wins.

Apple is outraged. She says that this is not what 50726 taught them. Shu points out that Mathiu had him expelled. He asks us to leave.

Apple is visibly upset when we exit. She says Shu thought of her like a sister. She said Mathiu told him not to use his mind for the wrong side.

She says we should go gather some info.

That's it for today! Hope you enjoyed :D

Ayen
01-18-2014, 04:52 AM
That isn't a real vampire. If he was a real vampire he would have taunted, laughed, attack head on, take a trout ton of damage, regenerate, summon his hellhounds and then consumed everyone! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Probably a good thing he isn't a real vampire.

Pumpkin
01-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Sooooooooo I'm an idiot who saved over my save file with THE STARTUP SCREEN

So I won't be updating for about a week while I catch up. Sorry guys :(

Endless
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
You should combine game saves and the emulator's savestates next time ;)

Pumpkin
01-18-2014, 10:44 PM
I have a game save state, but it's way back before we get to Kyaro. I'm certainly keeping up both saves this time xD

Ayen
01-19-2014, 04:42 AM
Wow, that sucks. Good luck replaying.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 07:01 PM
I Have literally spent hours over the past 2 days replaying the same scene over and over again because they randomize your party after and I'm desperately trying to get Shiro and Kinnison together in my party. I'll get one or the other, but not both. But I'm fed up and I can't spend a week doing this, so I'm giving it 3 more tries and if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to have to move on.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Sooooooooo I'm an idiot who saved over my save file with THE STARTUP SCREEN

So I won't be updating for about a week while I catch up. Sorry guys :(

I heard the most pathetic sound when this happened. :(

I thought she physically hurt herself, like stubbed toe. Sad girlfriend was sad.

Endless
01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
I Have literally spent hours over the past 2 days replaying the same scene over and over again because they randomize your party after and I'm desperately trying to get Shiro and Kinnison together in my party. I'll get one or the other, but not both. But I'm fed up and I can't spend a week doing this, so I'm giving it 3 more tries and if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to have to move on.

If the party random thing is done when the scene ends, savestate right before it ends and check party, and if not good, reload that savestate.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I tried that, but I'm not sure at which point it randomizes it. I tried about 30 seconds before the end and kept resetting and it was the same party over and over.

Either way, I have moved on now and got back my Bright Shield Rune. I'm trying to look on the positive side of now I get to use some different characters! There's a bit of dialogue with them so I got to see some new dialogue too. That's not so bad.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Turns out it was a good thing I got stuck with different characters because it turns out that Shiro and Gengen have a combo attack and IT IS GLORIOUS!!!

Pumpkin
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
One dungeon away from where I was :D!!!

*Should* be able to post up a new update TOMORROW!

Pumpkin
01-23-2014, 06:08 PM
:plumcheer:UPDATE TIME FINALLY WOOHOO:plumcheer: There will be two posts after this one with the new progress.

Okay but first, it's a bit long, but in case you aren't all caught up,

Characters who join automatically will have a :cookie: next to their name and characters who do not join you automatically will have a :ichigo: next to their name. There are a total of 108 recruitable characters in this game, and the goal is to recruit them all.

Part 1
Riou, our hero, and his friend Jowy are a part of the Highland Youth Brigade. The Youth Brigade is hit by a surprise attack, said to be by the City-State, who they just signed a peace treaty with. Jowy and Riou find out that their captain, Rowd, and Highland itself is behind the attack. Jowy and Riou manage to escape by jumping off a cliff in to a river.

Recruits: 1
:cookie: Riou

Part 2
Riou is found by two mercenaries, Flik and Viktor and is brought to their fortress as their prisoner where he does chores. Jowy finds him eventually and they manage to escape. Their plan is to head back to Kyaro, their hometown. On the way there, they meet traveling performers, Eilie (who has a crush on Riou), Rina, and Bolgan. The gang travels together to reach Kyaro and separates there.

Part 3
Riou and Jowy arrive back to find out they have been labeled traitors. Riou goes home to find his sister, Nanami, who tells him of the situation. Rowd arrives and takes them all prisoner. We learn that Highland is trying to declare war on the City-State and making it seem like they are behind the attacks, when they aren't. Jowy and Riou are to be executed. Just in the nick of time, Viktor and Flik arrive to rescue them, and they all escape back to the Mercenary Fortress.

Recruits: 2
:ichigo: Mukumuku: Examine the tree behind the Dojo in Kyaro 3 times before going to see Nanami.
**If you miss him here, he can be recruited later on with much more difficulty, depending on your luck. You have to walk between the path of Greenhill and the Greenhill/Muse border with a free spot in your party and wait for him to show up. This could happen right away, or in my boyfriends case, hours later.
:cookie: Nanami: Joins now if you decide to save her before escaping. If not, she joins automatically later on after the Mercenary fortress is destroyed.

Part 4
The gang heads back to the Fortress where they get some free time for recruiting. Jowy and Riou eventually end up in Toto, where Riou meets a girl named Pilika, who's family had taken Jowy in after they jumped off the cliff. Pilika asks Jowy and Riou to go get an amulet for her to give to her father for his birthday. When they return, they find Toto has been burned to the ground. There, they meet a girl named Apple, who wants to see Viktor.

Recruits: 8
:cookie: Genegn: Joins upon returning to the fortress
:ichigo: Rikimaru: Find him in Ryube next to the Inn. Agree to pay for his meal.
**If you missed him here, this can be done later on in Coronet.
:ichigo: Millie: Also in Ryube, agree to help her find Bonaparte in the forest and beat him in a fight.
:ichigo: Kinnison: In Ryube Forest, find a birds nest on the ground and put it back in the tree. Leave the area and return in a few minutes.
:ichigo: Shiro: Same as Kinnison.
:ichigo: Zamza: Speak with him in Toto with Nanami in your party.
**If you miss him here, you can recruit him later on in South Window with Nanami in your party after defeating Solon Jhee's army.
:cookie: Apple: Joins automatically after returning to a burned down Toto.
:ichigo: Hanna: Return to Toto after recruiting Apple and speak with her.

Part 5
We bring Apple to speak to Viktor and she warns that Luca (Prince of Highland) is coming for the Fortress. Viktor sends me to Ryube forest to find a man named Tsai, who can repair weapons known as Fire Spears. We go get him and come back to find that Ryube is also being burned to the ground. We head back to the Mercenary Fortress and prepare for battle. We win the first one, but the Highland Army comes right back and defeats us. The Mercenary Fortress is burned to the ground. Viktor tells everyone to escape to Muse. On the way, Pilika stops us in Toto and there Jowy and Riou think of their friendship and receiver the True Runes of The Black Sword Rune (Jowy) and The Bright Shield Rune (Riou).

:cookie: Tsai: Joins automatically when you go see him about the Fire Spears.

Part 6
The group heads to Muse to find that they can't get in without a Pass because of teh attacks. So they head over to White Deer Inn and find a man named Alex, who runs the Inn with his wife Hilda and is a treasure hunter. He agrees to lend them the Pass if they help him search for treasure. He find a Healing Herb as the treasure, which helps save the life of his wife, who had fallen ill as he searched for his treasure. He gives us the Pass and we head to Muse.

Part 7
Once in Muse, we meet with Anabelle, the leader of Muse, and chamberlain Jess. Anabelle talks of Master Genkaku, the adoptive father of Riou and Nanami. She doesn't say much. We later meet up with Jess, who asks us to sneak in to the Highland camp and see how much they have in the way of provisions. So they head over and are caught by Rowd. They first sneak in to Princess Jillia's tent to hide, and talk with her. She says her brother, Luca, is a monster. When they leave the tent, Rowd had been waiting for them and he sets up an ambush. Jowy hold them off with Riou escapes. Nanami, Riou, and Pilika all wait in to the evening for Jowy to return, when he does eventually.

Recruits: 3
:ichigo::cookie: Tuta: Speak with him in Muse after being sent to sneak in to the Highland camp.
**If you miss him here, he joins automatically after defeating Solon Jhee's army later in the game.
:ichigo: Anita: Speak with her in the Inn in Muse after being sent to the camp and do stuff for her and compliment her. Leave the town in between each time. She will join you.
**If you miss her here, You can do the same thing in the Inn in Banner Village later in the game
***OR you can bring Valeria (future potential recruit) to the Inn in Banner Village later in the game and recruit her that way.
:ichigo: Templeton: After being sent to the camp, head back to the Mercenary Fortress and speak to him. After that, head to Toto and speak with him again.

Part 8
After a conference where Anabelle asks the City-State for reinforcements fighting off the Highland Army, we enter battle. We manage to hold them off for a bit, a small victory, and Jowy begins acting strangely. Riou and Nanami head over to see Anabelle to discuss Genkaku, but instead they find her dead, assassinated by Jowy, who runs away. Muse is taken over by Highland and everyone makes a plan to escape and meet at South Window.

:ichigo: Gilbert: Damage his unit (meaning he gets one sword sticking out over his unti) in the war battle to protect Muse.

Part 9
Riou and Nanami head south to get to South Window. They unfortunately find out that no boats are allowed to leave, by order of Luca. They meet Eilie, Bolgan, and Rina in Coronet and they try to come up with a plan together. They meet a man named Tai Ho, and his brother Yam Koo, who agree to take them on their boat if Riou winds a dice game. When he does, the group heads south where Tai Ho and Yam Koo take their leave. Eventually they reach South Window, where they meet up with Flik and Viktor once again. Viktor arranges a meeting with Granmeyer, Mayor of South Window, to ask for money and help. Granmeyer agrees, but asks Viktor to investigate North Window, Viktor's hometown, because it is said to have a monster. He sends Freed Y with Viktor to help.

Recruits: 6
:cookie: Eilie: Joins in Coronet.
:cookie: Rina: Joins in Coronet.
:cookie: Bolgan: Joins in Coronet.
:cookie: Viktor: Joins in South Window.
:cookie: Flik: Joins in South Window.
:cookie: Freed Y: Joins in South Window after meeting with Granmeyer.

Part 10
The group heads to North Window and finds Neclord, an enemy of Viktor and a vampire. The village is a ghost town, ahving been destroyed by Neclord years ago. In order to defeat him, Viktor brings us to the Cave of the Wind, to find the Star Dragon Sword, a talking sword. We also meet a man named Kahn, who also wants to kill Neclord. We return to North Window and Neclord escapes, leaving us with a monster to fight.

Part 11
After defeating the monster, North Window is restored, becoming our headquarters. We learn that Granmeyer was killed and South Window was taken by Highland. Apple has a plan to recruit the strategist Shu, but he refuses.

Total recruits: 22/108

UPDATE COMING UP NEXT

Pumpkin
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Okay so we went to see Shu, who refused to help us. But we aren't giving up yet!

We head over to the tavern and as we are leaving, Shu enters. Shu tells us he already gave us his answer.

She says if that's what it takes, then yes.

He tells her she should be ashamed of herself. What a jerk :nonono:

We look for another way to get his help. We find a man named Richmond.

bSDkOhzT7_w

We agree and he shoos us of to the Inn, saying he will report back when he finds something out.

We are awoken from our sleep by Richmond, saying he has news. Nanami is startled and freaks out a bit, but settles down after she remembers what's going on.

He tells us to go wait by the bridge, because he will have to cross it eventually.

Morning comes and Apple has already forgotten the midnight talk. Nanami reminds her and we head to the bridge to wait.

Shu eventually arrives, telling Apple there is nothing to talk about. Apple persists.

He takes out a coin and throws it in to the river below.

Nanami tells her this is ridiculous and tries to get her to give up.

We ask random NPC man if he can close the sluice gates. He says no and makes some... erm inappropriate threats to Apple about hurting her. Apple says he should hurt her if that's what it takes. Nanami tells her to chill out.

The man tells him and Amada refuses. Riou asks him again. Amada says he has a soft spot for courageous kids.

I accept.

Pumpkin
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
I win!

Apple searches well in to the night for the coin. Riou and Nanami eventually start helping. Apple tries to shoo us off several times. We refuse. Nanami tries to get Apple to quit several times. She refuses.

Apple says that isn't true and we continue looking. Eventually Riou spots something. It's the coin!

We see Shu watching us.

SHE was cold to YOU?!?!?!

Anyways, he tells Apple that she is a strong woman and that he might have inherited Mathiu's brains, but she inherited his heart. D'aww.

Awfully full of himself.

He sees the Rune on Riou's hand.

Yay a new recruit!

:cookie:#3 Tenki Star of Wisdom; Wu Yung: The Great Intelligence

This star is occupied by the game's strategist in each of the games.

23/108

Shu asks to see the coin. The camera scrolls up and we see Richmond flipping a coin.

We head back to North Window. Viktor expresses his distrust of Shu. Shu tells him that if he doesn't trust him, he can leave. He says if Viktor doesn't listen to him, he will be viewed as an obstacle to be removed. Viktor tells Apple that he can see why Shu was banished.

He asks Flik (after insulting him) how many troupes we have.

Because some of them have to stay back and man the... stuff. I can't remember.

He says we could try to get the South Window people on our side.

He turns to Freed.

That unit will be Riou and 300 soldiers.

Yay Freed! He kind of looks like sharky, actually. A bit more enthusiastic, though.

Everyone goes to sleep in preparation of the battle. Riou wakes up to Nanami.

She says that they have no choice, though, and tells Riou she'll protect him no matter what.

Awwwwwwwww

That's it for today :D. Hope you enjoyed it!

Ayen
01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Shu, seriously. Your name is Shu, any attempt to sound more important than you are is ludicrous.

Raistlin
01-24-2014, 01:57 AM
I'm glad you caught up, because I've enjoyed reading this, even though I haven't been commenting. Suikoden II is my favorite game, and I enjoy just reading the story, especially as I haven't played the game in years.

Pumpkin
01-24-2014, 10:32 PM
UPDATE!

A long one this time :3 I'll fit it all in to 2 posts.

Time for another major war battle!

One of Solon Jhee's allies advices him to take caution, but he says there's no need because all that's behind them are the open fields of South Window. His other ally, Seed, is hungering for a battle because the mayor of South Window didn't put up a fight.

This lasts one turn and Riou shows up all badass with his one other unit.

So my second until goes up and hits Solon Jhee and knock out... one of his little men. BUT it is enough for the Highland soldiers to start freaking out about an ambush.

You go Freed.

So all of the South Window troops turn on Highland. The gist of the battle is: Seed is a beast who massacres two of my units single handedly. Flik is a beast on our side, who takes out most of their units. Seed and Flik engage in a battle and are pretty evenly matched. Eventually Solon Jhee retreats.

I arrive home to a nice celebration and go back to speak with Shu.

Everyone is celebrating their victory.

Way to be a bummer, Shu. He says we don't stand a chance against Luca how we are now and we need to recruit more people. I am all for this.

Shu confirms this and talks about needing a leader. He says he isn't able to lead people and motivate them. Probably because he's a jerk. So of course he suggests Riou. :smug:

Nanami takes a fit and asks why.

I ask what my power is that leads me to be a leader.

I bet you're really wondering by this point what the story of Genkaku is, aren't you? Well, they never tell you so you'll never find out.

Just kidding, that's coming up in a few minutes.

So I agree to be the leader. Everyone supports me. I find it very amusing how supportive Flik is in this game because for a good chunk of the first game, he's not really in support of the hero. It's just amusing to see the change.

So we head over to the tavern.

Viktor starts off by telling us the City-State and Highland have mostly had small skirmishes.

But then emerged a hero.

Ayen
01-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Shu is starting to grow on me strangely enough.

Pumpkin
01-24-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll let Viktor tell most of the story.

He says that sometimes they would even stop and have a drink in between the two camps.

Everyone was in favor of this.

A few years later, the truth came out.

He says Riou would know better what came after that. Viktor says Genkaku thought it was more important to stay and raise Riou and Nanami than it was to return and clear his name.

Aww.

When the story is over, we find Nanami asleep, so we head to bed.

When we awake in the morning, I return to Shu and accept leadership officially. I get to name the castle Toran, which is named after the HQ in the first game, so luckily that isn't the real case or that would probably confuse some kids in Suiko geography class.

Afterwards, Huan, the doctor, arrives to lend us a hand. Tuta is relieved to see him well.

And so we get a new recruit!

:cookie:#56 Chirei The Clever Star; An Tao Ch'uan: The Magic Physician

This star is always occupied by a doctor.

24/108

Someone appears before us.

We now have the tablet of stars! She gives us another gift while she's here. She also tells us that she can see that Jowy and I have a difficult path ahead of us, and then she leaves.

And now we have another recruit!

:cookie:#4 Tenkai (Tenkan) Star of Idleness; Kung Sun Sheng: Dragon Entering the Clouds

Luc occupies this star for 3 out of 5 games. It's also the "Tablet Keeper" star.

We also got a few auto recruits that barely made their presence known, but you can see them standing there. The first is

:cookie:Leona: #64 Chihi The Flying Star; Hsiang Ch'ung: The Eight Armed Lo Chao

And this star is usually occupied by the games Inkeeper. In this case, she is the barekeep.

And the girl with the green head wrap thing that we haven't seen since very early on in the game:

:cookie:Barbara: #95Chison The Wounded Star; Ts'ai Ching: The Single Flower

This star is occupied by the games storage keeper. In this game, Barbara.

Now we have 27/108 stars of destiny~

Pumpkin
01-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Okay Update time!

Mostly just recruiting today with a bit of story advancement :3:

First, why don't we check in with some of our Stars of Destiny!

Useful.

This is the map of the area explored in Suikoden II. If you want to hear the specific info about any of this, jut let me know!

Even more useful.

We head towards the exit and see a man standing there. He says his guide ditched him, and he came to check out the man who defeated Solon Jhee.

True Fact :smug:

So off he goes, and of course I follow him to the meeting room.

Fitcher is embarrassed by how he treated me. He says he's amazed we defeated Solon Jhee. Viktor tells him it was just luck, and Fitcher responds by saying that's what he meant, it was some kind of miracle. Viktor tells him to shut up.

He tells me I need to bring him to Two River City. Shu asks if this is an official request from Two River City and he says it isn't, he's acting of his own accord.

He says No, of course not! So yes, basically.

But we need a boat. We need to find someone to bring us on a boat. Someone with super cool boating skills.

Now, I thought you had to get Tai Ho for this, but apple suggests Amada. Doesn't matter, I'm going to go recruit them both anyways! If you don't care for recruiting, I would recommend going for Amada because it's easier, but you get two recruits with Tai Ho, so its up to you.

First we head over to recruit Amada, but we run in to some other recruits on the way.

I guess tails and I lose :(. I head over to the bar to drown my sorrows.

The nice man gives me a different coin!

I head back to Richmond and suggest he uses the coin I got.

Yaaay!

:ichigo:#84 Chiyu The Obscure Star; Hsueh Yung: The Sick Tiger

This star is occupied by the game's detective.

28/108

Next we head over to see Freed's wife! Note: You must have Freed in your party for this.

Yoshino tells him she will not wait for him any longer.

D'aww. She says she would rather be in danger and with him than safe and apart. He says he won't let anything bad happen to her.

AWWW

:ichigo:#35 TenkokuWailing Star; Hsieh Pao: The Double Tailed Scorpion

29/108

Next we head over to see our friend Amada.

Pumpkin
01-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Look at that chin.

I do beat him, but it was a bit difficult. I forgot to heal at the Inn and I only had about 2/3rds HP.

Anyways, I beat him, yay!

:ichigo::cookie:#70Chiman The Full Star; Meng K'an: The Jade Banner Pole

30/108

Before recruiting Tai Ho, I head back to the castle. I need an all female party to recruit the next character.

Also, with Richmond recruited, we can now investigate up to 3 reports on our Stars of Destiny! Feel free to suggest any you want to see. I start out with...

And then head out to recruit Tai Ho.

But first, I speak with an old lady who informs me that there are men who have been harassing women lately. I soon encounter them.

They advise me to "share my luck" and other such things. Eventually they beat me up, and a strange woman comes to my rescue. She beats the poop out of them.

She informs me that she is an out of work bodyguard.

And another new recruit!

:ichigo:#98 Chiaku The Fierce Star; Chiao T'ing: The Faceless

In 4/5 games, this star is represented by a fighter woman. And some dude in IV.

31/108

Next I go see Tai Ho and ask him to join me. He asks Yam Koo if he should.

I agree to some more of that dice game, and this time I have to win 5000 potch with a betting cap at 3000. Eventually I get a triple score and win. He agrees to join after being rude to his brother.

:ichigo::cookie:#28 Tenhei Leveled Star; Chang Heng: The Boatman

32/108

:ichigo::cookie:#30 Tenson Broken Star; Chang Shun: White Stripes in the Waves

33/108

Then I head back to South Window for a bit more recruiting.

I head up to the Inn and run in to our old friends, Hilda and Alex! They apparently made a bet on something.

Alex says his eyes must be pretty ugly compared to mine, huh? And Hilda tells him pouting doesn't suit him.

I accept, and Alex fusses because he wanted to go treasure hunting. Hilda says she won the bet so he has to do whatever she says.

Two new recruits!

:ichigo: Alex: #100Chisu The Mathematic Star; Sheng Sing: The Lesser Yu Tse

34/108

:ichigo: Hilda: #101 Chiin The Shadowy Star; The Goodwife Ku: The Female Tiger

This star is sometimes an Inkeeper, always a woman.

35/108

Now we have an Inn in our castle!

Next we head in to some old dude's house. I ask him to join me.

I head back to my castle because I know Bolgan has one. While I'm there, here is the first report on Mukumuku.

The first report usually looks like this, and he goes more in depth (depending on who) with the other reports. I go ahead and order the second one.

I head back to see the old man.

So I give him one.

Now he's just being a jerk :nonono:

Yay new recruit!

:ichigo: #65 Chisou The Walking Star; Li Kun: The Heaven Flying God

36/108

This is usually the star for the elevator person.

Now our castle has an elevator!

Pumpkin
01-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Update time!

From now on, I get suggestions in my suggestion box in the castle. It is rarely ever used for suggestions.

I have a suggestion. Get better looking suggestion paper.

Now then, I bring Tai Ho and Amada to see Shu. Tai Ho and Viktor reminisce about the old days of Suikoden I and how they both keep getting themselves in to suicide missions.

Sounds good. Shu points out that helping them could be beneficial to us.

Mukumuku's second report.

I go on a quick boat ride and return to the castle. Then I head to South Window.

I see Clive and ask him to join. He says he's looking for a criminal that I've met.

I point out that we have a boat to take him there.

A few notes here. There is an optional Clive sidequest that you can do by speeding through the game that I won't be doing. Also, you need to have activated the scene in Muse where they have the shootout if you want to recruit Clive here, I'm pretty sure.

:ichigo:#16 Tensyo The Swift Star; Chaing Ch'ing: The Featherless Arrow

37/108

Then I head back to my boat and head to Lakewest.

Kay thanks.

Fitcher leaves me to go on ahead.

In the meantime, let's go visit a nice old lady.

She likes to give me information about potential recruits. One of which I've already recruited :D

Then about Sid:

Then she tells me about Oulan.

Afterwards she tells me she thinks of me like her own grandson (thank you, strange old lady) and agrees to join my army! Because why not. We have kids, we should have elderly too.

:ichigo: #89Chizen The Finished Star; Tu Hsing: The Devil Faced

38/108

When that's done, we head over to Two River City.

Immediately after entering town, I am hit by some kid who steals all of my potch :nonono:. And there's some stuff I need to buy in this town too! Oh well.

I head upstairs of the Inn and meet a man who says he has no place to open an armor shop.

So I offer to have him open one up in my castle.

I'm pretty sure you can recruit him if you ask for money, but he won't join you immediately.

And with that, we have a castle armorer!

:ichigo:#55 ChiyuThe Helpful Star; Kao Shen: He who is like Ken Kuei of Old

This star is generally occupied by the castle armorer.

39/108

Interesting fact from random NPC:

Pumpkin
01-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Then I head to the "Winger" area of Two River City and chase Chaco around like a moron before finally cornering him.

I ask for my reference letter back and he says he threw it out. Then he tells me I should just give up.

And he flies away.

I head to the Town Hall type place. I show up to Fitcher being charged with crimes about going rogue basically.

Ridley is extreme.

Fitcher pleads with him, saying the one who defeated Highland will arrive soon. Which I do, conveniently. Ridley is still unsure as I have no proof that I am me. Of course I'm me. Silly. Eventually, Fitcher points out the rune on my hand.

he makes basic introductions and we learn that Highland will be attacking soon. Then he asks about an "incident" I had.

This leads to basically the Suikoden equivalent of racism, where they call the Wingers winged freaks and talk about how they're bringing Two River down and such.

Then, instead of giving me back my money, they arrange for a free night at the Inn with food.

I head over and cash in on it.

I arrive to find friggin Chaco in my room. He asks if I'm really the leader of an army. I tell him I am.

You ever want to just punch someone in the face?

Anyways, I have my night at the Inn.

I arrive to them arguing, Makai saying he would never betray Ridley.

I ask what happened and Ridley decided I must have already allied with the other humans, and he storms off.

Makai is embarrassed and asks me to go find Ridley. I agree.

That's all for today! What happened to Ridley? Will I ever get my potch back? Will Chaco ever stop being a jerk? Find out next time!!

Pumpkin
01-27-2014, 06:51 PM
More update!

W go try and find Ridley to see what's up, but...

So we get turned around, and on the way we are interrupted by Chaco calling us names.

Nice, Fitcher.

Afterwards, we chase Chaco around until he leads us to an underground passage with enemies such as Land Sharks and a lot of treasure. I get in to a boss fight with a giant rat (I mean giant) but I stupidly forgot to screencap it. Basically, picture a giant purple rat with big eyes. It was a tough fight, not gonna lie, but we emerged victorious. We exit the secret passage and end up in the kobold section of town.

Ridley intercepts us and asks what we're doing.

Fitcher says this isn't what we were doing (even though it was)

Eventually he agrees to hear us out and we ask what happened. He said there was someone seen sneaking through the night. He ran away and dropped a letter.

Fitcher asks what it was and Ridley says it was an offer for a peace treaty. Fitcher says that's great news.

Fitcher points out that Makai would never agree to those terms and Ridley says he can't trust anyone because the lives of his people are in his hands. We get kicked out again.

Then we head back to the human section of town, where we see Makai and General Kiba discussing things.

Apparently discussing a peace treaty. Makai says he will think about it. Kiba's son(?) notices Riou and walks over.

He wishes me luck and returns to Kiba, where he says that Riou should be a challenging opponent.

Chaco's remark is met by a bunch of racist nonsense, and Makai and the others head to City Hall to discuss things.

He asked how things went with Fitcher, which is not well.

Fitcher says it was to drive a wedge between the Kobolds and the humans.

Makai says this is nonsense and sends us away. He says that Two River won't be able to help the Toran (my) army after all. Then we leave.

Oh good. Then Fitcher tells me about Reinforcements out of nowhere.

He said sometimes his gut feeling can get him in to trouble, like now.

We head over to see Granny.

She asks to see the rune on my hand, after promising that Chaco will return my wallet. She says she saw the rune before on Genkaku's hand. Apparently the Wingers used to live near Tinto, but they drove them out of their homes. Genkaku is the one who brought them to Two River.

Pumpkin
01-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Chaco meets us outside after the talk with Granny and tells us he doesn't care if I'm related to a hero and tells me he won't return my wallet.

We go back and find some bad news. We rush to the city entrance and see something upsetting.

Klaus tells him a leader shouldn't be so gullible and war is declared.

We run over to talk to Ridley, who still isn't convinced that Makai isn't working against him. He says this whole thing might be an act.

Yep, all of this. An act.

But just when things are looking grim,

Makai is amazed and wonders why the Wingers are helping defend Two River. Chaco says it's because it's their home.

Back at the Kobold area, Ridley is finally coerced by everyone to join in the fight.

So they arrive and join Makai and the wingers and fight the good fight.

Apparently, also the Kobolds from the second kobold village to the south have arrived to help as well. Kiba says the Toran Army is lucky and orders a retreat.

Meanwhile...

DUN DUN DUNNNN

Back at Two River, we meet Shu and Viktor who arrived to help. Viktor says Riou is turning out to be quite the Hero, and says he didn't help at all.

Ridley asks if they convinced Kobold Village to help out.

Yay!!

And now I have some new recruits!

:cookie:#2 Tengou Star of Conflagration; Lu Chun I: The Jade Ch'i Lin (Kirin)

This star is always occupied by a leader.

40/108

After that, Makai fires Fitcher. Fitcher gets all upset and asks why.

And now we have

:cookie:#15 Tenritsu Star of the Standing Spear; Tung P'ing: Warrior of the Two Spears

41/108

Time to head back to the castle. But first, we are met in front of the gate.

Since he gives my wallet back, the answer is yes. I'm not sure you actually have much choice in the matter, honestly.

:cookie:#36 Tenkou Clever Star; Yien Ch'ing: The Prodigal

42/108

And that's all for today! Hope you enjoyed :D

Raistlin
01-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Many years ago when playing this game (it was probably close to 10 years ago by now), after being told the directions to Lakewest ("head west on the water to the town with WEST in its name"), I got in the boat and promptly headed due east. Ten minutes later, I was confused and wondering wtf was wrong and where the smurf was Lakewest.

I'm not someone who easily gets left/right, east/west mixed up in real life, but for some reason in video games simple directions can baffle me.

Pumpkin
01-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Today is a big recruiting day.

First, as we are heading back to the castle, we make ourselves nice and toasty by using Fried Tacos, available at the Kobold section of Two River. They only have a 30% chance of making you toasty, however, so it might take a while, as it did for me.

Then we stop by this mans house on our way back to our boat.

He's wondering if we need a bath house.

So now we have our bath house man.

:ichigo:#39 ChiyuThe Brave Star; Sheng Li: The Sick Warrior

43/108

Then we head back to the castle.

Then we head to the war room, where everyone congratulates me on my success in Two River. Pilika comes up and gives me a hug. D'awww.

Viktor asks whats up and I am told to wait until morning.

NOW I GET A CASTLE UPGRADE!!!!!

I am now at castle level 2. What does this mean? It means we get to recruit new allies, and our castle got bigger. I do believe castle size increases with the number of recruits you have. In any case, the place looks much better, and I even have a library now!

I also get my final report on Mukumuku.

That's how you know or future reference how early he can be recruited :P

I chose to investigate Shiro next.

Exploring my new castle, I meet a new man who says he will take care of everything.

I agree, and now we have our castle chef! This will also lead to fun future mini games :3:

:ichigo:#93 Chizou The Hoarding Star; Chu Fu: The Smiling Tiger

This star is occupied by the castle chef.

44/108

Next we head back to where we recruited Shu and find a man zipping around.

He challenges me to a race. You don't actually have to race.

And I win apparently! Another recruit!

:ichigo:#20 Tensoku Speedy Star; Tai Chung: The Magic Messenger

45/108

Next we head back to where we recruited Tetsu and find this couple.

That is Tengaar, the lady friend of :kaocheer:My third favorite character of the game:kaocheer: The second won't be recruited until much later. They are discussing how Hix (her boyfriend) needs to become a man to return to his village. After seeing me, I ask where they're going.

So they leave, and I follow them, because Hix is adorable.

He is tired from carrying all of her luggage, but she doesn't care.

They enter the Elder's House and ask for permission to go through the woods. He says no. Hix says they should just give up.

After hearing they're from the Warrior's Village, the chief offers all of us to stay the night.

After we sleep, we awake to find Tengaar under a "curse". Hix asks what happens and the elder scooches over to her bed before responding with

Is there anything we can do?!

He tells us the first item, the blue stone, is at an item shop in South Window for unknown reasons. So off we go!

This is one of the longer recruits.

First, we get our report from Richmond.

Then we head to South Window to see a Kobold leaving the store. We go in and ask for the blue stone.

We head all the way back to the village Elder's House. He can't quite remember where the red Flower is until Tengaar sneezes and then he remembers its in the Cave of the Wind.

We arrive to this

And find the flower inside the entrance.

When that's done, we head back to find out the location of the green bell. When we first walk in, Tengaar is sitting at the table, but she sees us and rushes off to bed. Then we get told the green bell is in the sewers of Two River. So off we go!

There it is.

On the way back, we stop by a house in the Kobold section of Two River.

Pumpkin
01-29-2014, 07:43 AM
I love Gabocha, he is so adorable :3:

Gabocha asks Gengen what happened and Gengen fills him in.

Gabocha says he understands and he will wait. The we leave. Then this happens.

He decides to follow us anyway!

:ichigo:#91 Chikaku The Corner Star; Chou Jun: The One Horned Dragon

46/108

While we're here, we have some unfinished business in Two River sewers. We head back in until we arrive at a room.

Chaco is terrified by this man, who basically threatens to eat him. I ask who he is.

Chaco says he isn't like that at all and asks what Sid is doing, since he supposedly left town. Sid tells him he did not in fact leave town, he's just been hanging out in the sewers.

He then asks what Chaco has been up to and once again threatens the information out of him.

Chaco is not happy about this.

But I am!

:ichigo:#96 Chido The Serving Star; Li Li: The Pursuing God of Death

47/108

Time to head back with all of our stuff.

She's gone. Hix asks where she went.

So we head through the forest until we reach the end.

She says he really is a warrior after all. D'awww.

Hix is just as shocked as anyone.

He's sweet but he isn't the brightest.

Anyways, the village elder said he helped after hearing where they were from because he knew someone from there basically, and said that the Unicorn thing was all just a made up story.

The Kobolds run away, fearful of being eaten, and the Unicorn threatens to take Tengaar away since she is a maiden.

The Unicorn vanishes and wishes the two much happiness together.

We are back at the Chief's house and Hix says he can now finally return to the Warrior's Village.

Pumpkin
01-29-2014, 08:01 AM

And two more recruits! Reall had to work for those.

:ichigo:Hix: #32 Tenrou The Goal Star; Yang Hsiung: The Sick Kuan So

48/108

:ichigo:Tengaar: #33 Tensui Star of Intelligence; Shih Hsiu: One who Heeds not his Life

49/108

Then we head over to past the Kobold part of Two river and go to the Greenhill/Muse border. There we see a young girl trying to pass. They ask what that thing she has with her is.

They tell her no again, and she reveals that she is an apprentice trickster.

She tells Gadget to attack the guards and gets no response. She pleads with him and still nothing.

At this point, the guards laugh at her and she backs off. She asks Gadget what's going on and he replies

She then notices me and introduces herself.

He said she needed to experience the world more first. She asks who I am and I tell her.

She gets all excited and asks Gadget if he knows what this means. He says it means they will be joining the Toran army.

And two more recruits!

:ichigo:Meg: #81 Chikei The Halted Star; Ch'ai Cheng: The Dagger Devil

Her daughter occupies this star in Suikoden III!

50/108

:ichigo:Gadget: #76 Chisyun The Elegant Star; Sung Ch'ing: The Iron Fan

51/108

Then we head over to teh Forest Village and meet an adorable young girl.

She asks if I know any strong warriors and I volunteer myself.

Ta-da! Riou has to be at level 30+ for this to work.

:ichigo:#41 ChiyuThe Heroic Star; Hao Ssu Wen: The Guardian Star God

52/108

Then I head over to the Mayor's house and meet a farmer named Tony. Apparently his fields were destroyed when Muse was taken over.

I speak with him again and offer him my fields. He wants to accept, but worries about his debt to the village chief.

Tony says he doesn't want to leave after the chief selflessly took him in and the chief replies that of course he took him in, there's war. But the sooner he goes with Riou, the sooner the war can end. This is good enough for Tony and now we get a castle farmer!

:ichigo:#49 Chitou The Folding Star; Geng Fei: The Red Eyed Lion

This star is usually reserved for the castle Gardner/farmer

53/108

Then finally, on teh way back to out boat, we stop in the Inn one last time and meet a man who is willing to challenge us to join our army.

Same game as the one you need to win against Tai Ho. I win after owing 14000 because I luckily got a triple. It's been a long night :eep:

And our last recruit for today!

:ichigo:#99 Chisyu The Ugly Star; Shih Yung: The Stone Warrior

This star is usually a gambler.

54/108

And since I've now reached the halfway point in recruiting, I will be doing a special character feature tomorrow!

Pumpkin
01-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Since we have reached the halfway point in recruiting, I am going to do a special character guide for anyone interested. I'll spoiler it in case it has info some people don't want to know.

This is the information that will be included:

Name
Birthplace/Hometown
Position.
Games in which they're a Star of Destiny
Family that are also Stars of Destiny
Starting Rune
Best Rune Affinity and Grade
Weapon Info
Strongest Stat
Recruitment Guide (:cookie: means auto-recruit and :ichigo: means not) *A note about recruiting: Just because you fulfill the requirements, doesn't mean you can reject them joining and expect them to join. You have to ask them to join, or accept when they offer, or it won't work.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/r/riou02.gif1. Riou
2. Male
3. Unknown
4. Kyaro
5. Leader
6. II
7. Nanami (II) Sister
8. None (receive Bright Shield Rune)
9. Resurrection - B
10. Twin Fang 1-5/Twin Heaven Fang 6-12/Twin Destiny Fang 13-16
11. Tech/Luck - A+

:cookie:Joins automatically at the start of the game.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/m/mukumuku02.gif1. Mukumuku
2. Male
3. 6
4. Greenhill Forest
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Fire - E
10. N/A
11. Speed - C+

:ichigo: Check the big tree behind Riou and Nanami's house 3 times before meeting Nanami for the first time
:ichigo: Walk along the path from Greenhill to the Greenhill/Muse border with one free spot in your party until he joins.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/n/nanami02.gif1. Nanami
2. Female
3. 16
4. Kyaro
5. Royal Guard
6. II
7. Riou (II) Brother
8. None
9. Dark/Earth/Fire/Resurrect - C
10. Flower Rod 1-5/Blossom Rod 6-12/Eden Rod 13-16
11. Speed - A+

:cookie: Joins automatically after escaping Kyaro
:cookie: Joins automatically when being denied access to Muse if you chose not to save her in Kyaro

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/r/rikimaru02.gif1. Rikimaru
2. Male
3. 25
4. Seika
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Dark/ Earth/Fire/Lightning/Resurrection/Wind - D
10. Yasutsuna 1-4/Onimaru 5-10/Dojikiri 11-16
11. HP - A

:ichigo:Speak to him in Ryube and agree to pay for his meal.
:ichigo:Do the same thing in Coronet if you missed him in Ryube after Ryube is destroyed

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/m/millie02.gif1. Millie
2. Female
3. 14
4. Unknown
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. Groundhog
9. Fire/Lightning - A
10. Boomerang 1-2/Hit Boomerang 3-8/High Boomerang 9-16
11. Luck - A+

:ichigo: Speak to her in Ryube and agree to find Bonaparte. Find him in Ryube Forest and win the fight.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/k/kinnison02.gif1. Kinnison
2. Male
3. 18
4. Ryube Forest
5. Archer Captain
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Earth/Wind - C
10. Light Bow 1-4/Ranger Bow 5-12/Hunter Bow 13-16
11. Tech - B+

:ichigo: Find the birds nest in Ryube Forest and place it back in the tree. Leave and return several minutes later.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/shiro02.gif1. Shiro
2. Male
3. 9
4. Ryube Forest
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Lightning/Wind - C
10. N/A
11. Speed - A+

:ichigo: Find the birds nest in Ryube Forest and place it back in the tree. Leave and return several minutes later.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/z/zamza02.gif1. Zamza
2. Male
3. 29
4. Unknown
5. Magic Unit Captain
6. II
7. None
8. Fire Dragon
9. Fire - A
10. Tekken 1-3/Burning Iron Fist 4-9/Iron Fist of Rage 10-16
11. Strength/Magic - B

:ichigo: Speak to him in Toto with Nanami in your party.
:ichigo: If you missed him in Toto, speak with him in South Window with Nanami in your party after defeating Solon Jhee's army.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/a/apple05.gif1. Apple
2. Female
3. 18
4. Seika
5. Vice-Strategist
6. I/II/III
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie: Joins automatically after returning to a destoryed Toto.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/hanna02.gif1. Hanna
2. Female
3. 29
4. Nameless Land
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Dark/Earth/Fire/Lightning/Resurrection/Wind - D
10. Blade 1-4/High Blade 5-10/Steel Blade 11-16
11. Protection - B+

:ichigo: Return to Toto after recruiting Apple and speak to her.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/g/gengen02.gif1. Gengen
2. Male
3. 17
4. Kobold Village near Two River
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Dark/Fire/Lightning/Resurrection/Wind - D
10. Sword 1-4/Good Sword 5-10/Great Sword 11-16
11. Luck - B+

:cookie: Joins automatically after returning to the Mercenary Fortress after escaping Kyaro.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/tsai02.gif1. Tsai
2. Male
3. 37
4. Ryube
5. N/A
6. II
7. None
8. Unicorn
9. Wind - B
10. God Spear 1-2/Raijin Spear 3-8/Raijin Long Spear 9-16
11. Tech - A+

:cookie: Joins automatically after asking for help with the Fire Spears.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/tuta02.gif1. Tuta
2. Male
3. 11
4. Muse
5. Rear Guard
6. II/III
7. None
8. Medicine
9. Water - A
10. Pebble 1-2/Stone 3-8/Rock 9-16
11. Speed/Luck - B

:ichigo: Speak to him in Muse after receiving your mission from Jess.
:cookie: If you missed him in Muse, he joins automatically after defeating Solon Jhee's army.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/a/anita02.gif1. Anita
2. Female
3. 29
4. Nameless Country
5. Cavalry
6. II
7. None
8. Falcon
9. Lightning - B
10. Star Sword 1-4/Seven Star Sword 5-10/Rival Star Sword 11-16
11. Tech/Speed - B+

:ichigo: Speak to her several times at the Inn in Muse. Fulfill her requests and flatter her, leaving the city after every request and returning to talk to her again. Ask about her joining you when you have the option.
:ichigo:Speak to her at the Inn in Banner Village if you failed to recruit her in Muse and do the same as above.
:ichigo:You can also go see her at the Inn in Banner Village with Valeria in your party.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/templeton05.gif1. Templeton
2. Male
3. 14
4. Kanakan
5. Strategists Retinue
6. I/II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Go to the Mercenary Fortress after after receiving your mission from Jess. Follow him to Toto village and recruit him there.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/g/gilbert02.gif1. Gilbert
2. Male
3. 36
4. Zexen
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Damage his unit until there's one sword sticking out of it during the attack on Muse. This is the ONLY chance to recruit Gilbert.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/e/eilie02.gif1. Eilie
2. Female
3. 17
4. Grasslands
5. Royal Guard
6. II
7. Rina (II) sister
8. None
9. Fire - B
10. Knife 1-2/Slash knife 3-8/Razor Knife 9-16
11. Tech/Speed/Magic Defense - B

:cookie: Joins automatically in Coronet after borrowing Tai Ho's boat.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/r/rina02.gif1. Rina
2. Female
3. 18
4. Grasslands
5. Royal Guard
6. II
7. Eilie (II) sister
8. Fire
9. Water - B
10. Chariot 1-2/Empress 3-8/World 9-16
11. Magic/Magic Defense - B+

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/b/bolgan02.gif1. Bolgan
2. Male
3. 16
4. Zexen
5. Royal Guard
6. II
7. None
8. Fire Breath
9. None
10. gluv 1-3/Gluv 4-9/Glove 10-16
11. Strength - A+

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/f/flik06a.gif1. Flik
2. Male
3. 27
4. Warrior's Village
5. Archer Captain
6. I/II
7. None
8. Lightning
9. Lightning - B
10. Odessa 1-4/Odessa+ 5-10/Odessa++ 11-16
11. Strength/Tech/Magic - B+

:cookie: Joins automatically before the meeting with Granmeyer in South Window.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/v/viktor06.gif1. Viktor
2. Male
3. 32
4. North Window
5. Infantry Captain
6. I/II
7. None
8. None
9. Dark/Fire/Lightning - C
10. Taia Sword-Star Dragon Sword 1-4/Shiko Sword-Star Dragon Sword 5-10/Kouten Sword-Star Dragon Sword 11-16
11. Protection - A+

:cookie: Joins automatically before the meeting with Granmeyer in South Window.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/f/freedyamamoto02.gif1. Freed Yamamoto
2. Male
3. 25
4. Radat
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. Yoshino (II) wife/Sanae Y (III) daughter
8. None
9. Earth/Fire/Wind - B
10. Raimaru 1-4/Raikomaru 5-10/Shinraikomaru 11-16
11. Luck - A+

:cookie: Joins automatically after the meeting with Granmeyer in South Window.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/shu02.gif1. Shu
2. Male
3. 26
4. Unknown
5. Army Strategist
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie: Joins automatically after finding the coin in Radat.

Pumpkin
01-29-2014, 11:07 PM
http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/huan02.gif1. Huan
2. Male
3. Unknown
4. Muse
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie: Joins automatically after defeating Solon Jhee's army.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/l/luc05.gif1. Luc
2. Male
3. 17
4. Unknown
5. Magic Unit Captain
6. I/II/III
7. Sasarai (II/III, only a star in III) brother
8. Wind/Pixie
9. Dark/Earth/Water/Wind - A
10. Wind Rod 1-5/Gale Rod 6-11/Gust Rod 12-16
11. Magic - S

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/l/leona02.gif1. Leona
2. Female
3. 32
4. Toto
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/b/barbara02.gif1. Barbara
2. Female
3. 36
4. North Window
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/r/richmond02.gif1. Richmond
2. Male
3. 35
4. South Window
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak to him in Radat and accept his challenge. After losing, head to the Tavern and speak with the man sitting closest to the entrance. He will give you another coin. Challenge Richmond again and ask him to use the new coin.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/y/yoshinoyamamoto02.gif1. Yoshino Yamamoto
2. Female
3. 23
4. South Window
5. Infantry
6. II
7. Freed (II) husband/Sanae Y (III) daughter
8. None
9. Water - A
10. Naginata 1-2/Long Naginata 3-8/Great Naginata 9-16
11. Luck - B

:ichigo: Speak to her in Radat with Freed in your party.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/a/amada02.gif1. Amada
2. Male
3. 26
4. Island Republic
5. N/A
6. II
7. None
8. None
10. Pine Oar 1-2/Oak Oar 3-8/Teak Oar 9-16
11. HP - B+

:cookie::ichigo: Defeat him in a duel in Radat after agreeing to take Fitcher to Two River.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/o/oulan02.gif1. Oulan
2. Female
3. 27
4. Harmonia
5. Royal Guard
6. II
7. None
8. Angry Dragon
9. Earth/Resurrection/Wind - D
10. Fist 1-3/Iron Fist 4-9/God Hand 10-16
11. Protection/Magic Defense - A+

:ichigo: Go to Kuskus with an all female party. Speak with the old woman by the entrence, then cross the bridge.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/taiho05.gif1. Tai Ho
2. Male
3. 37
4. Kaku
5. Navy Captain
6. I/II
7. Yam Koo (I/II) oath brother
8. Killer
9. All - D
10. Shina 1-2/Kanae 3-8/Mizuki 9-16
11. Tech - B+

:cookie::ichigo: Win 5000 potch from him at a game of Chinchorin in Kuskus after agreeing to take Fitcher to Two River.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/y/yamkoo05.gif1. Yam Koo
2. Male
3. 28
4. Seika
5. Navy
6. I/II
7. Tai Ho (I/II) oath brother
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie::ichigo: Joins with Tai Ho.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/a/alex02.gif1. Alex
2. Male
3. 36
4. Muse
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. Hilda (II) wife
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak to him on the upper floor of the South Window Inn.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/hilda02.gif1. Hilda
2. Female
3. 33
4. Muse
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. Alex (II) husband
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak to her on the upper floor of the South Window Inn.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/a/adlai02.gif1. Adlai
2. Male
3. 42
4. South Window
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Find him in his house in South Window and bring him a Sacrificial Jizo, a Wooden Shield, and a Wind Rune. Throw the Wind Rune at him.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/c/clive05.gif1. Clive
2. Male
3. 27
4. Howling Voice Guild
5. Archer
6. I/II
7. None
8. None
10. Wind 1-2/Storm 3-8/Tornado 9-16
11. Tech - S

:ichigo: Go past the Rune Shop in Muse City, heading upwards until you meet Elza. Accept to hold her packages. Go downwards and when you see Clive tell him you didn't see her. Return to the entrence of Muse and watch the gunfight. Later, in South Window, ask him to join after you have taken at least one ride on your boat.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/taki02.gif1. Taki
2. Female
3. 72
4. Lakewest
5. Strategist's Retenue
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak with her several times in Lakewest.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/hans02.gif1. Hans
2. Male
3. 33
4. Zexen
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak with him upstairs in the Inn at Two River City and allow him to open an armory in your castle. If you ask for money, it will take him a while to accumulate it.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/r/ridley02.gif1. Ridley Wizen
2. Male
3. 39
4. Two River
5. General
6. II
7. Boris Wizen (II) son
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie: Joins automaticaly after saving Two River.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/f/fitcher02.gif1. Fitcher
2. Male
3. 32
4. Coronet
5. Strategist's Retinue
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:cookie: Joins automatically after saving Two River.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/c/chaco02.gif1. Chaco
2. Male
3. 14
4. Two River
5. Infantry Captain
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Resurrection - B
10. Wing Spear 1-2/Air Spear 3-8/Sky Spear 9-16
11. Magic Defense/Luck - B+

:cookie: Joins automatically after saving Two River.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/tetsu02.gif1. Tetsu
2. Male
3. 42
4. Lakewest
5. Infantry
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak to him in Lakewest with one of your members toasty. You can become toasty using Fried Tacos, which can be purchased at the Kobold item shop in Two River. 30% chance of becoming toasty.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/haiyo02.gif1. Hai Yo
2. Male
3. 27
4. Black Dragon Island
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. Shun Min (V) wife
8. None
9. Dark/Earth/Fire/Resurrection/Wind - C
10. Wok 1-5/Dragon Wok 6-12/Blue Dragon Wok 13-16
11. Speed/Protection/Luck - C+

:ichigo: Speak to him in your castle near where the NPC says you should open a kitchen. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/stallion05.gif1. Stallion
2. Male
3. 26
4. Toran Republic
5. Strategist's Retinue
6. I/II
7. None
8. True Holy
9. Wind - A
10. Light Bow 1-4/Shine Bow 5-12/Elfin Bow 13-16
11. Speed - S

:ichigo: Challenge him to a race in Radat after having successfully used the "Run" and/or "Let Go" commands at least 50 times Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/g/gabocha02.gif1. Gabocha
2. Male
3. 13
4. Two River
5. Infantry Soldier
6. II
7. None
8. None
9. Dark/Fire/Lightning/Resurrection/Water/Wind - D
10. Sling Shot 1-2/Sling Shot! 3-8/Sling Shot!! 9-16
11. Tech/Luck - B+

:ichigo: Speak to him in Two River Kobold District in his house with Gengen in your party. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/sid02.gif1. Sid
2. Male
3. 21
4. Two River
5. Infantry
6. II
7. None
8. Waking
9. Dark/Resurrection - B
10. Skull Spear 1-2/Cursed Spear 3-8/Devil Spear 9-16
11. Speed/Protection/Magic Defense/Luck - B

:ichigo: Speak to him in his room in the Two River City Sewers with Chaco in your party. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/h/hix05.gif1. Hix
2. Male
3. 20
4. Warrior's Village
5. Infantry
6. I/II
7. Tengaar (I/II) lady friend
8. None
9. Earth/Fire/Resurrection/Wind - C
10. Tengaar 1-4/Tengaar+ 5-10/Tengaar++ 11-16
11. Luck - B+

:ichigo: Speak to him at the Inn in Lakewest. Find him in Kobold Village. Help him find the three things he needs and bring him through the forest in Kobold Village. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/tengaar05.gif1. Tengaar
2. Female
3. 18
4. Warrior's Village
5. Infantry Soldier
6. I/II
7. Hix (I/II) boyfriend
8. Earth
9. Earth/Fire/Resurrection/Wind - B
10. Light Knife 1-5/Ray Knife 6-11/Shining Knife 12-16
11. Magic - B+

:ichigo: Speak with her and Hix at the Inn in Lakewest. Follow them to Kobold Village. Help Hix on his quest. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/m/meg05.gif1. Meg
2. Female
3. 16
4. Lenankamp
5. Special Forces
6. I/II
7. Juppo (I) uncle/Belle (III) daughter
8. Water/Trick
9. Lightning/Wind - A
10. Dagger 1-2/Assassin's Dagger 3-8/Silver Dagger 9-16
11. Luck - A+

:ichigo: Speak to her at the Muse/Greenhill border. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/g/gadget02.gif1. Gadget
2. Male
3. 3
4. Juppo's Workshop
5. N/A
6. II
7. Juppo (I) creator/Meg (II) owner
8. None
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. Protection - A+

:ichigo: Speak with him and Meg at the Muse/Greenhill border. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/w/wakaba02.gif1. Wakaba
2. Female
3. 15
4. The Southlands
5. Infantry
6. II
7. None
8. White Tiger
9. Fire - B
10. Leg Guard 1-3/Killer Leg Guard 4-9/Power Leg Guard 10-16
11. Tech/Speed/Luck - B+

:ichigo: Speak to her in Forest Village with Riou at level 30+. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/tony02.gif1. Tony
2. Male
3. 19
4. Matlida
5. Rearguard
6. II
7. None
8. N/A
9. N/A
10. N/A
11. N/A

:ichigo: Speak with him twice in Forest Village at the Elder's House. Must be castle level 2.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/shilo02.gif1. Shilo
2. Male
3. 24
4. Lakewest
5. Special Forces
6. II
7. None
8. None
10. Jiromaru 1-2/Silver Jiromaru 3-8/Gold Jiromaru 9-16
11. Tech - S

:ichigo: Speak with him at the Inn in Lakewest and win 5000 potch from him at Chinchorin.

Raistlin
01-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Luc is a badass in II, despite the short-range weapon rendering him useless in random battles.

Also Meg = Pike.

Quindiana Jones
01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Jowy is a dick. :stare:

Jiro
01-31-2014, 10:55 AM
smurfing hell jowy you traitorous swine

Pumpkin
01-31-2014, 05:56 PM
UPDATE TIME~~~

But first,

Gosh darn it Sid :stare:

We also have our second, Shiro report!

Now then, we wander in to the kitchen for our FIRST COOKING CHALLENGE!!!! These things are so much fun :D

Challenge ACCEPTED

Now, lets meet our judges:

Judging baed off of their descriptions, I picked this menu:

Here they are, cooking away.

APPETIZERS!

The enemy makes a tomato soup.

My Veggie-Stir-Fry

That's about averageish.

MAIN COURSE

I don't even remember what they made, but it wasn't greatly received.

Then we have my tai-chili style fish:

I made the fish for Gilbert and he gave it the lowest score :mad2:. I made it spicy for Tetsu and that seems to have worked out, though.

DESSERT

They made a tomato salad.

For dessert.

They automatically get a 1 from me.

Gadget is equally disappointed.

My pudding:

WHOOOOO

And that means

Yay~~

And our prize is the tomato soup recipe!

Now on with the story, coming up next post!

Pumpkin
01-31-2014, 06:05 PM
So Viktor asks Shu what the bad news has been that I kept them waiting for while I was off recruiting/cooking.

Shu says their tactics must have been brilliant.

Flik asks if that means we're giving up. I think. Might have been Viktor. Either way.

He says she has immense popularity among the populace of Greenhill.

He says likewise, it would be a detriment if Highland has her under their thumb.

So how are we going to get to her?

He says he will leave that to Fitcher. Fitcher is essentially the man with connections.

Makes sense. Nanami and Pilika get all excited which makes Viktor.... not.

Flik gets all weirded out and Shu says he will accompany them as their "leader".

That leads to this:

Flik is not happy. He says he'll do it, but we can't call him teacher.

I then get to pick my party, which they have limited to people of "school age" and animals.

I WANTED to pick Millie, Gabocha, and Wakaba, but they're mostly ahead of levels. So instead I picked characters at lower levels, so that I can have mostly equally leveled recruits.

So I went with Millie (yaaaay~~~~), Shiro, and Mukumuku. So Riou, Nanami, and Millie are the only actual student aged people in my party. Then I had 27 year-old Flik, a flying squirrel, and a wolf.

And that's all for today! Greenhill is one of my favorite areas, so I'm excited~~

Raistlin
01-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Upcoming: one of Suikoden's greatest romances.

Jiro
02-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Being forced to pick party members based on something random like that is fucking excellent as a concept

Pumpkin
02-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Off to Greenhill!

mi_l3pzP-io

We meet up with Fitcher as promised.

He says he can't, too many people in Greenhill know his face.

He also tells us to fill out the names on the enrollment papers. Flik says he's no good at it and leaves the responsibility to me!

So I name Rious:

And I name Nanami:

She wanted Beth but no. Then Wendel points out that Flik should also change his name.

I am torn between number one and number 3, but I opt for number 3. If you play more of the series, you realize that the name is kind of an ongoing joke.

Flik decides he doesn't like this, because he is a poor sport, and decides he is fine as is.

So we head up to the guard and present our papers and he is immediately suspicious of a man in a blue cape, 4 children, a flying squirrel, and a wolf.

Weirdo.

He says that Flik doesn't look like a teacher, and asks if these are all his kids.

The guard accepts this, and we are allowed in town.

We walk along a bit until we come across a squabble. A guard is asking a young girl why she stomped on his foot.

He then threatens to hurt her, she tells him to back off, and we all step in to save the day.

Flik stands up to the guard and tells him to pick on someone his own size. The guard tells Flik to prepare himself.

The guard says he'll forgive us... this time, and runs away. We head further towards the academy, and we see Nina watching us closely as we go.

We get to the Academy, which is one of my favorite parts of the game!

1zCfNvq46Ys

The students are all so friendly, and that one girl didn't even care that I went in to her room and walked in to bed with her!

There are classes where you see people training to become Appraisers, Blacksmiths, Rune Masters.... A lot of the professions you see in the series!

We go speak to the receptionist.

She checks out our papers and gives us a brief overview of orientation and yada yada.

I say yes ma'am, Shiro says Awoo or something, Mukumuku says Mu, and Millie says Sure.

Emilia says these are the responses of good students (?) and we get to go take a tour of the Academy.

During the tour, which is brief, a man named Shin walks past. Emilia introduces us quickly and he replies with

And walks away. Flik asks who he is.

She then excuses herself. Flik tells us to search around for clues as to where Theresa might be. I head back and speak to Emilia.

She asks what we need.

She says it was obvious by the way Flik has been poking around.

This is important! If you want to recruit her later, you need to be HONEST about what you're doing in Greenhill. You will have a follow-up choice. Be honest again. Make sure you speak with her before leaving the Academy.

With that done, we head outside to see the girl from before talking to a friend.

Her friend asks her if she's imagining things again.

She turns around and notices Flik and rushes up to him.

He responds with the best thing he could possibly respond with:

She goes back to her friend and points out how handsome he is, and her friend's response is "I guess". The girl introduces herself as Nina. She asks Flik's name, and he is considerably confused by this point. Nanami ends up saying his name.

We say we are students and so she offers to be our tour guide, saying she knows the academy like the back of her hand. Flik, confused, brushes her off, and Pilika whew's. Nanami decides it is time for bed.

And thus begins one of the greatest romances of teenage girl who is romantically interested in 27 year old man who finds her confusing and off-putting.

That's all for now :D

Jiro
02-01-2014, 08:20 AM
oh my god he is so fucking oblivious come on dude

Pumpkin
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Small update because I'm on the phone with my mom. Will play more later~~

Okay so we head to the dorms and after being given a long list of rules we head to our rooms until dinner. We come out from dinner and Nanami makes a comment about how if that's what cafeteria food is like, she should become a real student. Then we see Nina.

She checks out Nanami after aksing her name, making Nanami clearly uncomfortable.

Nanami is confused and Nina tells her they will be good friends. We head to bed. The next morning we leave the dorms and find Flik looking concerned. He asks if we slept well.

He says we should ask around and try to find him.

He rushes off and Nanami asks why he was in such a hurry.

Nina comes running over, saying she could swear she just saw Sir Flik. She asks where he went and Nanami tells her. Nina asks Nanami if she's trying to steer her away from her Sir Flik so she can have him all to herself.

So now we get to check around for Shin. Towards the end of the school we meet Emilia.

Something is up. She tells us Highland has deemed the Academy safe, though.

I head out in to town and speak with some soldiers who tell us they're going to find Teresa. I head to the Inn and hide behind some bushes and witness a scene with the Highland soldiers threatening the Innkeepers. The people say they don't have any idea what's going on.

We are about to intervene when Rowd, the jerk, arrives and tells them to basically hand over Teresa and is generally a jerk about things. The Innkeepers are confused. Rowd says it was said by someone from Muse who sold them out. The man says something about a battle, but we don't really understand.

Shin arrives finally to try and defuse the situation.

He says without that promise, everyone would be being tortured for information right now. He then orders his soldiers to search the place.

They head in and one of the people out front talks about how awful this situation is.

They ask each other to stop and then we see Shin leave. Nanami and Riou and the others try to follow him.

Eventually we lose the trail and decide to head back to the dorms. After another dinner we run in to, who else, Nina again. She says she has question for Nanami.

That's the best thing she's said all game :lol:

Nina thanks her and starts to leave. BUT FIRST, she tells Nanami to try and be quiet at night.

The 'wandering ghost'. Do you see where this is going?

Nanami gets alarmed and I try to calm her. It doesn't work. She tries to comfort Pilika.

We head to bed and we wake up the next day and leave the dorms. Something ghostly happens and Mukumuku comments "Mu Mu". My thoughts exactly friend.

And that's all for now! Should be another update later.

black orb
02-02-2014, 07:12 PM
>>> I used Nina at battle and it was like the worst character ever.
I think I had a thing for that girl (and she is not even my type), what a pervert..:luca:

Pumpkin
02-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Update time~~

It is a long one so it will come in 3 separate posts.

We head back to the Academy and find Nina. That girl is everywhere. Nanami says she needs to talk to her and Nina says she needs to talk to Nanami as well, but lets Nanami go first. Nanami asks Nina if that thing she said is true,

Nanami confirms and Nina begins laughing.

Nanami is concerned. Now it is Nina's turn.

Nanami is confused. There is a lot of ??????????????????? going on.

Nina then decides that it's a duel. I ask her if there was some kind of misunderstanding. She seems to think so.

We head outside.

We find Flik who tells us it took him a while to get here with avoiding Nina and all. Nananmi explains to him about what just happened.

She is happy about this at first and then resents being called a child.

And in to town we go!

We walk over to witness Fitcher being called a traitor, which he denies.

Flik wanders over and asks what's going on. A man tells him he's a stranger and it isn't any of his business.

Smooth, Fitcher.

Flik then remarks about how he is supposedly a traitor and the men get all excited. Then he comments that his crime isn't severe enough for a lynching, so instead he suggests

Fitcher is concerned at this point. The man hesitates.

The man hesitates again, so Flik asks another man.

They all hesitate so Flik says he will just have to do it himself. Fitcher cowers and the men run off.

Time to discuss business.

Flik says we'll keep looking and tells Fitcher to do the same.

He tells us to watch ourselves, and then he leaves.

Pumpkin
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
We head back to the academy and run in to Nina AGAIN. That girl is everywhere.

Flik tells Riou he will leave this up to him and then runs off.

I don't think he's being bashful, Nina. She runs after him.

We head back to the dorms and Nanami looks forward to another delicious dinner, only to be disappointed to find they were serving spinach. Then we run in to NINA AGAIN SURPRISE

She tells Nanami that their duel is far from over. I ask her why she's going after Flik so hardcore anyways/

As you can see, when she talks, we walk away.

We head to bed, but are awoken late at night by the sounds of creaking.

We go investigate and see someone run past.

We chase the ghost all around the dorms until we arrive in the basement. The ghost has disappeared and it seems to be a dead end. But then we notice a light is out, so we turn it on. Then a secret passage opens up.

We head through it and arrive in the Academy.

Shiro reads our minds and comments with a "....."

So we decide to jump the ghost.

After getting fussed at, we find that the ghost wasn't a ghost at all, but just Flik.

He says he was hot on his trail when we ambushed him. We continue down the corridor until we reach a dead end. I touch the statue which opens up another secret passage. Gee whiz.

We head out and wander though the woods a bit before we arrive at "The Ghost's Haunted Shack". Haven't we established there is no ghost by now?

As we decide to investigate, Shin comes out.

We try to tell him that we are our allies but he won't believe us. He and Flik are about to fight when Pilika starts crying.

Teresa makes her way out to us.

She makes a comment to us, still thinking we are her enemies.

We head to the ghost's haunted shack.

She then tells us we need Greenhill's strength, not hers.

Pumpkin
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM

She tells us that Highland gave the soldiers of Muse back their confiscated weapons. She says there were some skeptics, but most figured there was a general who wanted a fair fight.

She says Highland arrived to begin their siege, but they didn't attack.

They figured that was the reason Muse was given their weapons back.

She said she was powerless to stop it. And because of that, she won't help us. She suggests we leave Greenhill. Shin escorts us out, asking us to leave.

Flik tells him not to threaten us and asks what he's going to do, since they can't hide forever. He says that she wishes for more time and leaves.

Nanami points out what a bummer it is that we came all the way to Greenhill for nothing.

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 01:36 AM
UPDATE TIME~~

This is actually a pretty important update, story wise!

We leave the dorms on our last day and see Flik outside. Mukumuku apparently asks where Nina is and Flik says he doesn't know anything about that.

Tip: Don't bring along Shiro and Mukumuku for this part of the story because they can't talk and you have to kind of piece things together.

So we head in to town to find a large crowd. What's this about?

The people yell and call them liars, but Flik isn't so confident about their responses.

Pilika starts acting up, and we aren't sure why, until we see a familiar face show up.

Jowy :nonono:

Pilika gets excited to see him and runs towards him, Nanami following close behind.

We all go after them. Riou, Jowy and Nanami meet face to face and Riou asks why he is doing this. Jowy doesn't answer. Rowd, however, decides we need to all be brought to justice.

The people swarm the party and the crowd becomes chaotic, causing Rowd to lose sight of us.

Seed and Culgan arrive.

We manage to escape back to the Academy. Things being the way they are, Teresa needs to be rescued.

We head back through the academy, through the secret passage, and the woods. We occasionally have to fight Highland soldiers. Also these things called Monwers that I assume is a combination of Monster and Flower, and um... they sure are!

We stop for a quick break and Nanami expresses disbelief at the Jowy situation.

Old news, Nanami. We've known about that since Two-River :cool:.

We head back to the ghost cabin and see Nina, Shin, and Teresa. Flik asks Nina how she knew about this place. This was after she got super excited to see him, of course.

Flik is against this plan, and tries to get her to come with us.

This causes Flik to back off sadly, and Shin and Teresa leave so that she can hand herself over.

She says Teresa knew about the food situation, but she still helped the soldiers from Muse and she has such a kind heart.

She's pretty difficult if you ask me.

So we of course follow after her to stop her insane plan.

Ha ha ha ha shut up Rowd you jerk :stare:

But just as she is about to hand herself over...

Pumpkin
02-06-2014, 01:51 AM
Shin refuses to step down and Teresa pleads with him. Then, Nina arrives with some villagers. She says she won't let Highland take her, and tells Rowd and the guards to move aside. Which they do. She approaches Teresa.

Teresa says she is doing this to stop the suffering, and for everyone.

She says the battle took a great toll on their hearts.

The people all agree with Nina, encouraging Teresa to continue on and live.

She is inspired by this and promises that she will one day return.

We head back through the forest, as Shin goes on to scout up ahead. We face the occasional fight, until we are caught by Rowd and his goons.

Man I hate Rowd so much. That guy is such a jerk.

Shin arrives vows to protect Teresa once again. She fusses some more, because she's difficult like I said. Shin tells her his loyalty is not to the Mayor, or to her family, but to Lady Teresa herself. D'awwww. She continues to fuss so Flik knocks her out.

We get going and Shin stays behind to take care of Rowd.

We continue on until we see Pilika start acting up again. I'm sure you can figure out why. She runs over to Jowy, and they both come over to us.

Riou once again asks what the heck he is doing.

That would be a fun friendship to try to mend, wouldn't it. Like "hey, remember when we were at war with each other, ha ha, yeah good times."

Anyways, I refuse to back down.

Aww she loves him :cry: She starts crying. Nanami takes a fit saying she doesn't believe any of this.

I have to drag her away from him :(

We head out and Jowy says Farewell.

Rowd arrives and asks if he saw the Toran Army pass by.

Rowd is suspicious, saying he could have sworn his men saw us. He also says that Jowy is still a n00b (paraphrasing) and that he was told by Luca to keep an eye on him. He threatens to tell Luca about this incident, where Jowy let us go.

But, Culgan and Seed arrive to defend Jowy.

Rowd gets upset and it is suggested to him that he go back to take care of the riot and things in Greenhill.

When he leaves, Jowy asks them why they're helping him. Seed says he loves Highland, it is a great country.

Seed says it would be hard to enjoy it standing on a bunch of scorched earth. I would agree.

They tell him they are available for his cause. He tells them that their loyalty is not in vain.

And that is it for today!

Tune in next time for another exciting episode of we're about to recruit Jeane's boobs.

Raistlin
02-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Jeane: a character whose most significant change throughout the course of the Suikoden series is that her attire becomes mysteriously more skimpy with each game.

Pumpkin
02-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Haven't forgotten about this, just taking a little break for a few days. Will update again on Monday

Quindiana Jones
02-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Unacceptable. You can't promise boobies and then go all cold turkey on us.

This isn't marriage, y'know.

Pumpkin
02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
M'kay, little update today. I apologize that they're been small and/or slow updates lately, but my nightly schedule has been a bit thrown off and I'm usually busy with cleaning/exercising/apply for jobs/learning spanish/typing practice/writing during the day. But things will be back to normal soon!

For now, here is an update!

First, we go recruit Jeane's boobs on the way back from Greenhill.

We head to the Rune Shop in Two River City.

Hooker? I mean.................................................. Rune Mistress?

She was teaching at the Academy in Greenhill, in case you're wondering what the heck she's talking about.

Yay! New recruit!

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane05.gif :ichigo: #40 Chiketsu Star of Noble Wisdom; Hsuan Tsan: The Ugly Warrior

She occupies the same star in all 5 Suikoden games.

55/108

And for the pervs and/or curious,

Suikoden 1: http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane01.gif
Suikoden 2: http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane02.gif
Suikoden 3: http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane06.jpg
Suikoden 4: http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane07.jpg
Suikoden 5: http://suikosource.com/images/chars/j/jeane08.png

I like 4 the most, personally.

Next we head to Kobold Village and find a small girl in distress. She tells us how she had three sheep, but...

Of course we offer to help.

She is just so adorable :flirt:. If I have a daughter, I hope she looks like that.

So we go get her sheep. Extremely easy, takes like 2 minutes.

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty great :smug:

So of course because she is so adorable, or because I want to recruit everyone, I offer her to bring her sheepies and herself to my castle.

And another recruit!

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/y/yuzu02.gif :ichigo: #92 Chisyu The Prisoned Star; Chu Kuei: Water Beast on Dry Land

56/108

Back to the castle!

My Shiro report:

Comment box letter:

And on with the game.

She says thanks, but says she wants to be alone right now. As she is heading out, however, Shin and Fitcher arrive, making Teresa very happy.

Flik tells Fitcher it was a great accomplishment to have gotten himself and Shin out of there. Fitcher tells him that's not all.

Ohohohoho.

Whoo~~~

Nina says she felt like she was being a nuisance to Flik, but now she knows that she just needs to be by his side!

Then she tells us she made him soup and that it is getting cold so he needs to eat it, right now.

Then this happens:

Pumpkin
02-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Also, we had some more recruits. Most of them were auto-recruits, except for Emilia who I told you how to recruit earlier. The game never tells you she joins, though, which leads me to be paranoid that I did something wrong up until I get to check my Tablet of Stars and make sure she is there :mad2:

Recruits!

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/e/emilia02.gif:ichigo: #71 Chisui The Fulfilled Star; Hou Chien: The Strong Armed Gorilla

She does look like a strong armed gorilla. This star is usually occupied by the Librarian.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/t/teresawisemail02.gif :cookie: #10 Tenki Lofty Star; Ch'ai Chin: The Little Whirlwind

This star is usually occupied by a town mayor or representative. I thought she was playing with her hair in her pic, but it is apparently a feather.

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/s/shin02.gif :cookie: #97 Chisatsu The Searching Star; Li Yun: The Blue Eyed Tiger

And finally,

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/n/nina02.gif :cookie: #11 Tenfu Star of Wealth; Li Yun: The Eagle Who Smites the Heavens

That's right, Nina is an auto recruit. You can't escape Nina.

60/108

Shu suggests I get some sleep. I have no choice because the send me to my room and if I try to leave, Nanami, who is standing guard :confused:, fusses at me and tells me to go to sleep.

Meanwhile...

Luca says he keeps his oaths and asks Jowy what he wants. Jowy hesitates before saying

boobs.

Well not really, but I suppose boobs come with what he wants.

Luca then suggests that he cut his head off. Jowy is not a fan of this plan. But he does say he has an idea for Luca. Luca asks what it is, and tells him if it's stupid, he WILL cut his head off. Jowy suggests they discuss it somewhere more private.

So the next morning, we head back to the war room. Shu says everyone is there, but Viktor points out that Flik is missing. Sure enough, he comes Flik.

That is him fuming in anger, btw

Flik tells Viktor he will pay for that, but decides to focus and ask Shu what's up.

I agree that this is a good idea, partly for story progression, mostly because that way I get to recruit an awesome character who lets me teleport places.

And so next time we head to Matilda!

That is all for today. I hope you enjoyed :D!

Quindiana Jones
02-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Holy crap, Nina has the baddest and assiest of all the badass star names.

Pumpkin
02-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Update time!

Lots of story, BUT FIRST

COOKING CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's meet our judges:

This is a really tough panel :stare:. They're tastes aren't even specified, except for Leona.

These are the dishes I have picked:

Now then. The challengers make Clam Mayo for an appetizer.

They somehwo do better than my Eggsplosive, which deserves at least a 3 just for the name.

Next they make buttered clams.

And it ties with my Kobold burger.

The Kobold gave me the lowest score of the Kobolds :nonono:

Next, for dessert, the challenger makes Island Salad.

Is it actually socially acceptable in Suiko world to serve soup and salads as desserts?

My cream croquettes do slightly better.

In the end, I win by one measly point. I am not really that comfortable with this.

For winning, I get the Buttered Clams recipe!

I also set up my castle menu to earn some extra monies.

Egg Mayo Roll - 60 - Heals 60 HP
Green Salad - 80 - Heals 100 HP
Vichyssoise - 90 - Heals 200 HP
Ginger Beef Bun - 250 - Heals 500 HP
Sweet & Sour Fish - 210 - Heals 300 HP and cures balloon

With that done, we head over to Matilda. As we are crossing the border, we see a girl appear before us.

IT'S VIKI!!!!

For those unfamiliar with the series, Viki is an adorable girl who appears in all of the games, and twice in III. She's a bit ditzy, but a sweetheart. She teleports, not only from location to location, but through different time periods. Because of this, her timeline is a bit messed up. Series regulars recognize her in certain games, whereas she doesn't recognize them yet, because she hasn't travelled there yet. There is a theory that she is from a time later in the future than any of the Suikoden games. There's another theory that she is the younger version of Leknaat, which I don't think is true, but it's an interesting thought.

She asks us where we are and when we are and then she asks us for a place to stay.

Of course! The great thing about Viki, aside from being adorable, is that she can teleport your party anywhere you've been before. No more needlessly walking from place to place, taking up all of your time. If you only go out of your way to recruit one character in any of the Suikoden games, go for Viki. Luckily in this game, and 3 out of 5 total, she is an auto recruit.

She teleports off and comes right back.

Another thing to note is that she teleports thing (and people and herself) when she sneezes. Not always where she wants them to go. Occasionally when you ask her to teleport you, you will end up in the wrong spot (its only happened to me once, so it isn't a big concern.)

http://suikosource.com/images/chars/v/viki05.gif :cookie: #78 Chitatsu The Quick Star; Kung Wang: The Spotted Necked Tiger

Viki has this star in all 5 games. 61/108

Now we travel another short distance and meet a welcoming party.

They really don't give me much choice in the matter, as they refuse to let me leave the castle.

Pumpkin
02-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Oh, btw, Gorudo is a jerk. He spends the whole meeting insulting me and others and I speak up and get shushed by Nanami.

Yep, that's it. We head back to our rooms and Nanami suggests we try to talk to him again in the morning. In the meantime, we get some sleep.

Can never just sleep can I

Leknaat appears and tells me how the war has shed much blood and tears, but less poetic.

She tells me the rune will assist me in the final battle and it will determine our fates.

So back to bed, wake up, head out of the room, and see Miklotov rushing over to Gorudo. We go see what's up.

That's what's up. Gorudo expresses disbelief at this, saying there is no way the Highland Army would attack now. I don't know why, I'm not a tactician.

And that is what we do!

We see the little Muse refugees trying to get to Matlida, so full of hope. But then the Highland Army shows up.

Well this is awful. We get to see some battles like this:

Miklotov is also upset about this and suggests we go help them. Gorudo, on the other hand, being the ass that he is, says we will do no such thing.

Miklotov is obviously displeased about this.

Miklotov backs down and we get to see some more not fun battles.

There is one unit that manages to keep going and going and going until they get cornered and are confronted by Luca's unit. Impressively, the little refugee group of nobody manages to take out about half of Luca's unit all by themselves. Eventually they are defeated, though :(

Camus and Miklotov are dismissed and they both walk around us and out the door. Gorudo just bulldozes his way through. He has serious ego problems.

We exit the room and find Camus and Miklotov in a discussion.

Camus stands aside as Miklotov leaves. He approaches us and asks us to help Miklotov as he has to stay here and attend to Gorudo.

We now FINALLY get to explore the town. We spot Miklotov talking to his knights about leaving, and then he takes off. We'd better hurry up and catch him! And by that I mean stay and shop. And by that I mean only buy medicine because the armor is overpriced and the runes are pretentious. Kind of like Gorudo.

And that's all for today! Hope you enjoyed :jess:

Bright Shield
02-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Great job Shion.