PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Legends: Sega on the Wii

Mercen-X
12-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Review for your pleasure: Tournament of Legends Review - GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/tournament-of-legends/)

While I agree with pretty much everything stated in the review, I don't regret owning this game. I guess that's owed to the fact I enjoy playing as the characters (although I can't stand how Marcus Antonius talks in battle and I wish Narcia was a real Naga instead of being bipedal). Truthfully, I probably love the concept more than the game itself and hope to god in heaven that High Voltage will put out at least one sequel with added content.

Drawbacks not mentioned in the review include not being able to rewatch the cinematics you view in story mode without replaying the whole tournament, unlocking every spell and weapon for a single character in one run reduces replay value, and the clunky controls mentioned in the review can tire out your arms fast.

Things I would like to see in a sequel include a cinema viewer (perhaps with alternate endings?), more weapons and character alts, and, while we're at it, more characters. Also, a correctly designed Naga version of Narcia (and make Jupiter taller).

Characters I would like to see in a sequel include Horus and Anubis, Osiris, Thor (unlikely), Odin, Hel, Prometheus (mentioned in-game), Morrighan, Nergal (Babylonian death god), Michael (archangel), and I should stop now before I create a list of 50-200 characters.