PDA

View Full Version : Soul mates

Jinx
12-31-2013, 02:46 AM
If "soul mates" exists, I definitely think that people can have more than one, and they don't have to have anything to do with romantic love. That being said, who are you soul mates?

I'd definitely say my friend Han, back in KC. We call each other soul mates. I've never met someone I'm so on-the-same-page with about things. Even when we do have a slight disagreement about things (not a fight, mind you, just have different opinions) we're usually really respectful and open to the other's idea. A lot of times we'll be doing the same things at the same time and only find out about it later or the next day. It's pretty eery, actually.

My mom is definitely my soul mate. We're the same person. It's creepy as trout.

I'd also say Shorty is a soul mate of mine. So many times I've PM'd her/IM'd her/texted her saying one thing and I get "I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME THING". It seems like our opinions are pretty dead on all the time and that makes us a pretty formidable duo (except you know, the mutual procrastination and laziness....)

Who are your soul mates, and why?

Pumpkin
12-31-2013, 02:49 AM
My friend Helena says we are sould mates. We get along great and can go years without seeing each other and when we get together it just... cliques. Like we'd seen each other every day for the past 10 years. I don't think I've ever gotten along with anyone as well as her. I'm sad she lives so far. We hadn't spoken in a few months and I messaged her and asked if she would be my maid of honour if I ever get married and she said absolutely and it made me happy. She makes me happy.

Can my son count as a soul mate? I love him very much.

escobert
12-31-2013, 02:55 AM
As of yet I have not met one.

Sephex
12-31-2013, 03:06 AM
Basically, the majority of my close friends.

Screw you, Space Coyote!

Shiny
12-31-2013, 04:43 AM
There are a few people I've met who know what I'm thinking most of the time and vice versa. We have the same wavelengths and generally like the same things. I don't think any one of them is my soul mate though because that would require them to be exactly like me and they're not.

Shorty
12-31-2013, 05:27 AM
Hmmm, it seems to me most of these descriptions are what I would call, in the words of Anne Shirley, either kindred spirits or bosom buddies. That's what I thought of when reading all of the nice things people are saying about others! Sam and I do have a strangely in-tune connection with each other, haha.

To me, I think I reserve the term soul mate for romantic relationships. Someone I really want to spend the rest of time with. I don't believe in predestined love or love at first sight. I think someone becomes your soul mate over time if you're lucky enough to find a right enough person for it, and that there isn't just one out there.

Mahad
12-31-2013, 05:30 AM
Sounds more like "twin soul" to me, but hey.

Have not met one yet;

edit: "soul mate" to me means some one who complements who you are, and I think of it in a romantic setting.

Parker
12-31-2013, 05:35 AM
no

Spooniest
12-31-2013, 06:23 AM
There is the question of whether souls exist, too, but that's another thread.

I'm pissed off about love right now. I'm saying that if you get anybody to hold you and tell you things are ok, just go with the flow and try not to fuck with them about things. It's just easier that way.

"My house is dark and my bed is cold,
And I'm telling you you're lucky to have someone to hold.
Years go by, I'm getting too damn old,
And I'm telling you you're lucky to have someone to hold."

~ A song I haven't finished yet

KristaWebster
12-31-2013, 06:41 AM
I haven't met yet..

Yamaneko
12-31-2013, 07:20 AM
If "soul mates" exists...

It certainly exists as a modern fabrication and a poor piece of innuendo which cheapens the English language. Why can't someone just love another person? If I had to guess, "soul mate" probably sells more diamonds, flowers and chocolates.

Del Murder
12-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I met my soul mate on this very forum. And my wife too. :lovers:

noxious.sunshine
12-31-2013, 08:01 AM
I guess there's my best friend of almost 17 years .. it doesn't matter how much time goes by without talking to each other (which there's been gaps of several years that we haven't), we've always found each other again. We never see each other, though, and that really sucks, but that's just the way it is, I guess.

Once Upon A Time, I thought my ex was my soul mate when it comes to dating... I'm pretty sure my dad wishes he'd never dumped me cuz he's like "When's Julio coming by again!? Can he bring me a case of beer!?" (His name is Francisco. Haha.). He's not too crazy abt my current dude just cuz he got outta the Army which my dad thinks is st00pid , but that's a whole other story.

In general, though, I'm really hesitant and cautious of getting close to people on that kind of level. The few times I have, it went south at some point and they ended up doing something to screw me over or hurt me.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 08:15 AM
hey who wants to be my soul mate? anyone?? guys???

LunarWeaver
12-31-2013, 12:36 PM
The person who makes me laugh the most, the person I agree with on everything, heck the person I have the longest sexual history with is myself.

Mirage
12-31-2013, 01:58 PM
I think there are dozens of people in this world that any one person could get along with extremely well. However, seeing as people are as spread out across the globe as they are, it is easy to get the impression that there is just one soulmate for you.

Polnareff
12-31-2013, 09:04 PM
There are none for me, I already know.

Why do I know this? Because, technically, I should be dead. Thus my soul mate doesn't exist. I had a 10% chance at living.

I figure if there are soul mates, they're for people who were meant to live from the get-go.

Shorty
12-31-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't understand your logic.

Shlup
12-31-2013, 11:26 PM
There are none for me, I already know.

Why do I know this? Because, technically, I should be dead. Thus my soul mate doesn't exist. I had a 10% chance at living.

I figure if there are soul mates, they're for people who were meant to live from the get-go.

If you had a 10% chance of living and you did, in fact, live then... Technically you shouldn't be dead, or you would be.

Therefore you have exactly seven soul mates.

BAM! SCIENCE!

Mirage
01-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Shlup is correct. Kind of painful to type, but yeah.

Unbreakable Will
01-01-2014, 06:07 PM
I want an OverSoul mate.

Mirage
01-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Then you just need to hit them hard enough

fire_of_avalon
01-02-2014, 02:41 AM
I met my soul mate on this very forum. And my wife too. :lovers:

Is your soul mate eestlinc? I hope your soul mate is eestlinc.

I have a few people in life that get me and they're always going to get me. And they would have to do some crazy shit to make me stop caring about them.

Botchmun
01-03-2014, 04:48 AM
But science doesn't believe in souls. Also I always find the concept of Soul Mates to be an interesting piece of fiction, but keep in mind, that means there's someone out there who shares so many of your interests, possibly all of them.

The world is not ready for a buxom botchgurl seeking her rugged botchmun, and I swear to god this soul mate malarkey is drek like Shrek.