PDA

View Full Version : So, my sisters status update....

NeoCracker
01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
One of her friends used a twitter hashtag on face book, and now all I want to do is post "Fuck you and your twitter hashtag bullshit" on her status.

I don't even know this person.

Discuss stupid shit you read of facebook from people you don't know! :monster:

Quindiana Jones
01-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Homos. (http://home.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/143758-never-ending-homo-thread-now-racism.html)

Rantz
01-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Hashtags are a thing on facebook nowadays, ya know! (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/yolo)

Ever since I moved to my current city and made contacts here, I see more and more sexist nonsense from friends-of-friends on my feed. It annoys.

NeoCracker
01-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Just because it's a think it makes it no less bullshit. :colbert:

escobert
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
I guess you don't use facebook much? They've been hash-tagging for months now :p

NeoCracker
01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
No one on my friends list has ever used one. XD

Only now did I see it in my sisters status. :p

escobert
01-01-2014, 03:30 PM
we still love you ;) :love:

Parker
01-01-2014, 04:59 PM
facebook is just a chat thing for me now only its easier for the nsa to read than skype probably

Ayen
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I only use hashtags to promote my page, otherwise there isn't much use for them. Same goes for Twitter.

I try to ignore those lame pro-gun status messages or any conservative message that provides a lame overused argument that misses the point entirely that I'm tired of seeing.

Unbreakable Will
01-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Like for Jesus/Ignore for Satan

Repost this and god will do you a favor.

^ This shit really irritates the fuck out of me.

Also anyone that uses hashtags or those that refuse to spell their bloody words.

Shlup
01-01-2014, 08:41 PM
One of my co-workers puts at least five hashtags per post. For lent last year he gave up hashtags and hairspray and it was like legit torture for him.

Other than that, yeah, what Quin posted. I see shit like that every day. I really need to leave that "political discussion" xenophobe circlejerk but then the assholes win!

Denmark
01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
I use Twitter all the time and I don't even use hashtags there. I understand their original intent, and think it was a good idea that now is incorrectly overused.

#coolpost #eoff #generalchat #ohgodeventhoughthisisajokeistillcantbringmyselftodoit

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-02-2014, 01:31 AM
#NeoCracker #yumadtho

Shorty
01-02-2014, 04:03 AM
I used to "like" a bunch of political propaganda sites. They filled my newsfeed and were starting to annoy the trout out of me, and then one day I realized that the way in which that propaganda crap is phrased is not better than the side it opposes. I removed it all and my feed has been much better since.

People posting on or reviving posts of dead peoples' facebooks bothers me greatly. Maybe I have that person on my friend list because they were a part of my high school group and I want access to all the pictures on their profile in order to immerse in nostalgia on a rare occasion. What I don't want to see every Christmas, birthday, deathday and any other randomass time is a million people posting about how much they miss this person and general e-grieving for hundreds of other people to witness and participate in. It bothers me because I don't want to constantly be reminded that they are gone, and that's all those comments or posts ever do. And also, and this may be a bit bitchy, a tiny part of me thinks that these people do it for attention. I have no idea why someone would feel the need to publicly mourn years after a person is gone other than to be noted for it.

Shiny
01-02-2014, 08:42 AM
So...you made a thread complaining about something unimportant on another website because someone did something that's usually done on a different website? Who is the stupid one again?
#I fail to the importance of this

Parker
01-02-2014, 09:16 AM
i think shiny likes hashtags or something

People posting on or reviving posts of dead peoples' facebooks bothers me greatly. Maybe I have that person on my friend list because they were a part of my high school group and I want access to all the pictures on their profile in order to immerse in nostalgia on a rare occasion. What I don't want to see every Christmas, birthday, deathday and any other randomass time is a million people posting about how much they miss this person and general e-grieving for hundreds of other people to witness and participate in. It bothers me because I don't want to constantly be reminded that they are gone, and that's all those comments or posts ever do. And also, and this may be a bit bitchy, a tiny part of me thinks that these people do it for attention. I have no idea why someone would feel the need to publicly mourn years after a person is gone other than to be noted for it.

Yea this creeps me out. I have a school friend who died and altho his facebook page was deleted his mother made a group or page or w/e for him. Like once a week or month she'll update "him" on what is going on and then sometimes friends and family will join in for special events and so on. It's very sad and like, I wish she could move on.

Old Manus
01-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I remember the first thread on here about Twitter when it started. People were hashtagging and I had no idea what was going on.

EoFF should implement hashtags #fullofideas

Shaibana
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
stuff like:

went to mcdonalds with my besties..
(20 pictures)
Best day ever!!

when its somebody's birthday they all individualy write: happy birtyday..
if 1 types it and the others just like that, would be handyer right?

and all that politicly right emotional support crap.