PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions Revelations Thread!

Jinx
01-02-2014, 01:15 PM
So, did you keep your resolutions from last year?

Here were mine:

Lose 30 pounds
-Went the exact opposite direction on this one, tbh...

Be nicer
-Probably not what you'd call sugary, but I think I've gotten better. I consider this one a win, even if I've only really been nice for the past few months.

Save some money
-This was a goal because I knew I was moving, so for that purpose, I was successful. I've had hard luck with jobs since coming to PA, though, so I don't have much money now. Still calling this one a win.

Doing a writing prompts at least 3 times a week
-I don't think I did even one.

Get my Associate's degree (this one might not be possible yet, but!)
-Bwahaha, I'm pretty sure I might be done with college. If I apply for disability for my CF, all of my student loans can/will be forgiven, but I'll never be able to take out a student loan or get financial aid again. So I probably won't be going back. I wasn't able to go to school this fall because I "made too much money" last year (since I was a dependent on my parents for taxes), but I didn't make enough to actually pay for college myself. Either way, this resolution didn't happen.

-Grow my hair out
Actually pretty successful at this! My hair is shoulder length now. I only cut it twice in 2013 :shobon: but it's definitely growing. Win!

So I was successful with 3/6 resolutions. You?

Shorty
01-02-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd like to make an effort to do one nice thing for a stranger or someone I know anonymously once a week for the year. I think once a day is a little too ambitious.

I'd also like to get back to my high school size, and with the progress I made this year it seems pretty doable. It's more of a continuation of what I'm already doing, though. We'll see!

I did neither of these, and I don't care about either of them so much anymore. I am about the same weight now as I was last year when I posted this. All in all, I've managed to lose and keep off 21 pounds since 2012 when I made a move to change myelf, and I'm pretty happy with that. I would like to lose a little more, but I wil take it as it comes. I don't care about making goals for it anymore.

Denmark
01-02-2014, 07:02 PM
I think my only resolution was probably somewhere along the lines of "get a job and move out of my parents' house". I did that. Then I quit. Woo.

Shauna
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
I believe mine was just get a job. I am now employed. I think that can be called a success.

noxious.sunshine
01-03-2014, 02:48 AM
I consider the "being nicer" thing a success, Jinx ... Although, I had no idea you disliked me ever to begin with sooooo.. Yeah. XD <3

I wasn't here last NYE nor did I make any resolutions or blog posts about hopeful goals. 2013 was a mixed bag in general. And it doesn't matter if I make goals for 2014 or not.. Sure there are things that I can take control of, but I've been living life by the seat of my pants for so long it's hard to settle down and commit to things.