PDA

View Full Version : Bravely Default - let's make friends!

Fynn
01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
So, I know there is a thread on Bravely Default. I just got this game, though, and thought it might be a good idea if we exchanged codes and made friends within the game. You know it's gonna turn out useful ;)

So yeah, this thread is dedicated totally to players of Bravely Default exchanging their 3DS friend codes.

Here's mine: 5343 - 9356 - 0497. My name is Patryk and I am looking forward to exchanging data with you guys :D

Minami
01-04-2014, 11:06 PM
ohhhh i'll add you! I'll give you my friend code once i've got my DS with me. Its upstairs and i'm cooking dinner right now. Think my name is Minami on there but i could be wrong

Edit: my friend code is 3368-2066-0318

Fynn
01-05-2014, 08:01 AM
ohhhh i'll add you! I'll give you my friend code once i've got my DS with me. Its upstairs and i'm cooking dinner right now. Think my name is Minami on there but i could be wrong

Edit: my friend code is 3368-2066-0318

Thanks, I just added you too ;)

Dat Matt
01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I played the game without streetpassing anyone who owned it. Funny thing is I didn't really need to.

Once every 24 hours or so you can go to the trader and "Update Data" and "Add Friends" over the internet which allows you to receive random data from the internet. Each person adds a population of 1 to the town, and allows you to summon them in battle once.

I ended up having 32 people in my towns population which was encough to max out everything by chapter 6.

Fynn
01-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I noticed that and now have a population of 27 :) Still, friendcodes are useful since you can abilink with friends only. Not that there is a need for that, but it's still neat to share this game with friends.

Also, add friends only adds friends that you have registered in your 3DS friend list. So yeah, there's that.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Anyone have any idea if friend codes carry over from the demo to the full game?

Mine is 1521-3374-2284 and my name is Bandkanon! Gonna add aaaalll you peoples.

Fynn
01-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Anyone have any idea if friend codes carry over from the demo to the full game?

Mine is 1521-3374-2284 and my name is Bandkanon! Gonna add aaaalll you peoples.

All two of us :P

Sorry man, I got exams coming up so I probably won't be touching my 3DS til February, but I promise to add you as soon as I do :)

Minami
01-08-2014, 10:10 PM
I'll add you later when I get home from work :)

Tarantio
01-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Hey,

Just got Bravely Default (yesterday) and been really enjoying it! I just thought I'd add myself to this thread, and steal all of your codes (because I don't have any friends who have 3DS's :()

I've just unlocked the Special move business, so I'll make one up soon and be somewhat useful for other people (I hope - don't know how it works yet!)

My friend code (well, my wife's actually, as it is her 3DS :p - can you have multiple users?) is:

4081-6648-2237

Dr Unne
01-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Once this thing is released in North America in February, you can all probably expect a flood of friend requests.

Skyblade
01-22-2014, 05:14 AM
Before it releases over here, can someone tell me what the Friend Code exchanges are for in this game?

Fynn
01-22-2014, 05:37 AM
You can use the moves sent by friends in battle, but you can do that with guests (streetpass) as well. The unique thing that having friends lets you do is anilink - you can link one friends character to yours, so that they have all the Job levels and abilities that they do. I don't really use it since I kind of think it might make games too easy, but I still want to share my characters if anyone wants to :) The moves I do use sometimes, though.

Skyblade
01-22-2014, 06:07 AM
You can use the moves sent by friends in battle, but you can do that with guests (streetpass) as well. The unique thing that having friends lets you do is anilink - you can link one friends character to yours, so that they have all the Job levels and abilities that they do. I don't really use it since I kind of think it might make games too easy, but I still want to share my characters if anyone wants to :) The moves I do use sometimes, though.

Wait, you can unlock job levels via friends? That does seem overpowered (if Job Levels work at all the way they do in the games I'm familiar with them being used in).

I really need to play the demo sometime, but there is so little free time, I'm trying to save it for actual games (currently at 169 hours on my Fire Emblem Awakening Lunatic playthrough, it's threatening to eclipse Persona 3 Portable for total time spent playing if I go for Lunatic+).

Could you explain how these moves and abilities differ from ones that you can just unlock on your own?

Fynn
01-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Yes, the abilink feature is overpowered, but the thing is you only have the JP of that person's character only as long as your character is linked to theirs and you can only link one character per friend.

The moves you send are the normal moves you can use in battle. Basically, you can send anything you use in battle and all your equipment and abilities are factored in, so it's as if your character just went there to perform the attack.

LocoColt04
01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
I've played the demo, so now I'm just waiting for the NA release. I've really enjoyed the bits I've played thus far! I'm also thinking that running the demo on hard without having played any of it at all beforehand was a bad call, but I adjusted quickly enough. :3

Dat Matt
01-27-2014, 10:23 PM
I played a bit of the demo, before buying it. The difficulty in the demo is insane. I game overed really quickly. I was about level 15 when I reached that point of the actual game, as apposed to starting at level 1.

Skyblade
01-31-2014, 01:41 PM
I finally started playing the demo.

This game is scary. The way the systems work makes me think that I am going to lose several hundred hours of my life to this game.

That said, the demo does have a Friend feature as well, but it looks like you need to be able to StreetPass Friends to get them registered for the demo version.

I really need to figure out the fastest way to complete the demo bonuses. The whole "only 30 uses" thing is freaking me out.

Ravan
01-31-2014, 06:14 PM
Just put it in sleep mode if you can :)

Marshall Banana
02-09-2014, 05:43 AM
0130-1969-6060

Name: Jeremy (Necronopticous and I share this DS)

LocoColt04
02-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Good thing is, a lot of us have exchanged these already from Animal Crossing!

Oh, and I guess last time I was in this thread I didn't actually post my code. :3

4682-9608-3130

Skyblade
02-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Mine is 1547-6378-0895. I'll Friend you all in a moment.

Currently unlocking the Eggs from the Accessory shop. I'm shuddering at the cost, but it should be worth it for PG and Exp boosters.

Nicolas
02-12-2014, 05:11 PM
been a while since someone has posted on this. but i've registered all of the people before me. tried out some of the friendcode features and they're actually pretty neat. they come in handy when i know i'm a little underleveled at couple of bosses.

not sure if the previous posters will see this or not, but for those that don't already have me on their friend's list, my friend code is 0516 - 7478 - 2513.

Fynn
02-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Don't worry. I've noticed people visit this thread anyway now that you guys got the game. For what it's worth, I'll add you later today ;)

Endless
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Mine's 3840 - 6225 - 6776

If you added me for Pokemon before, you should already have me in your list.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
02-15-2014, 08:25 PM
There we go! I added everyone! The only ones that haven't registered my code are Minami, LocoColt, Skyblade and Endless.
Now I have plenty of friends to link with~

I change my sent moves a lot, because I'm finicky- but at least that makes it so you don't get stuck with a friend you can't even summon.

Red Mage Coffman
02-15-2014, 11:20 PM
I got Bravely Default today! THE GAME IS SO GOOD AND MY LIFE IS GONE. I just know it will be. But!

My friend code is 3926 - 4779 - 2240

Looking forward to getting all of your little support things! :D

Fynn
02-16-2014, 06:38 AM
I try to update whenever I think a move might be really useful in a pinch. For example, the Agnès I sent you guys uses this healing special that also restores MP, revives KO and gives each party member 2BP. Hope that helps! ;)

Fane
02-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, just received my game in the mail and plowed through 5 hours. Love it so far. Was curious about the abilink system so I created a forum account to see if I can make some friends who'll help me out in my adventures. I ran into a blue locked chest earlier, anyone know how to open it?

My friend code is 4270-0543-7987, looking forward to playing with everyone!

Endless
02-17-2014, 10:21 PM
I added everyone who posted in this thread (except those I already had from pokemon).

Skyblade
02-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Ok, I finally added people. It was hard to turn the game off long enough to do that.

I'll be redoing my send later on tonight. Either way, currently I've gotten all the jobs from before Chapter 3 up to level 10, with a couple available at level 11. I don't know if Summoner levels include Summon Magic, though, so that would be interesting to check.

Fonzie
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
My number. 3282 - 2682 - 4011

Adding Endless, Skyblade, and a few others. If I don't add you I apologize, I may not know you well enough. :)

Fynn
02-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Oh, come on, it's just a friendcode. You don't need to know somebody to use the moves they sent :p

Fonzie
02-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Oh, come on, it's just a friendcode. You don't need to know somebody to use the moves they sent :p

I added everyone who has been here for a year. I kind of like to know who is on my friend's list before I put them on my... friend's list. :p

You were added as well.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
02-19-2014, 02:50 AM
I have to say, having so many people on my friends list is being really beneficial! Especially with YOU, Fynn. ;3 I had access to abilities I would never have been able to get my hands on earlier in the game, and it really gave me more chance against the tougher enemies.

LocoColt04
02-19-2014, 03:23 AM
I went back through and added all of the ones in this thread since my last post. Furthermore, I had mis-typed one of them (Black Magic Shopkeeper) and so that is now fixed as well.

As for the blue chests - I'm not 100% certain how to open them, but from what I understand there's a key you get in one of the later chapters because the chests all have super awesome shit in them.

Fynn
02-19-2014, 07:17 AM
I went back through and added all of the ones in this thread since my last post. Furthermore, I had mis-typed one of them (Black Magic Shopkeeper) and so that is now fixed as well.

As for the blue chests - I'm not 100% certain how to open them, but from what I understand there's a key you get in one of the later chapters because the chests all have super awesome trout in them.

Yes, it's much later on. The opportunity's really impossible to miss.

Vyk
02-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Finally got my own 3DS, and there's plenty of people in here I want to add to enjoy it with, rather than just a bunch of random the game picks up automatically at save points. I'll probably add a few here and there. But my code appears to be 4227-2780-1741

Edit: I just added a bunch of people and then realized I should probably be adding these within the game and not from the main menu's friend adding thingy. Maybe? I think I'll just stop for right now anyway

Rantz
02-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Vyk, you do have to add people in the main menu Friend List. Then when you select Add Friends in the game it'll just go by those, or at least that's the way I understand it.

Went through and added you all. My friend code is 2766 - 9379 - 2351.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I just got the game. It may be a while before I get around to playing it much, though. Working my way through Persona 3 FES at the moment.

My friend code is 4253-3514-3882. I'll try to get around to adding everyone else today after work.

Skyblade
02-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Vyk, you do have to add people in the main menu Friend List. Then when you select Add Friends in the game it'll just go by those, or at least that's the way I understand it.

This is correct. The in-game "Add Friends" will scan either the Internet or your Local Wireless (you choose which) for anyone on your 3DS's Friends List with Bravely Default sent data, then adds them to the in-game Friends List. So you need to do both.

I'll be adding those who have posted after me once I get back from getting an oil change done.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-23-2014, 03:57 AM
I believe everyone is now added. If you go in and add my code but it doesn't show that I added you, just send me a message. It's possible I missed one or two.

Vyk
02-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I guess what threw me is I keep forgetting the system is set up for kids' safety. So people aren't automatically added when I add them. It has to be a mutual add on the other end. So when I added people and it didn't work, I presumed I was doing something wrong. Go Nintendo. I guess there's nothing wrong with it though. It's just slower

Edit: (I've only legit owned this console since Wednesday, still getting used to how things work with it)

Vermachtnis
02-24-2014, 03:35 AM
3282-2913-0504

I don't know how I missed this topic for so long. I went through and added all y'alls and if I missed you, I'm sorry. Right now, my move is Edea's Lv2 Spear Move. I update it everytime I start hitting harder.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Added you lot, plus those I already had from the thread in General Gaming. :D

Aurus - 4768-8546-3490

Add me! :D

Dr Unne
05-12-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm a bit late here, but 0662-2606-3857 (Brian, username is cdaddr). I'm adding all of you. My spouse confiscated Bravely Default for the past 4 months and I'm just getting a chance to play now.

Dr Unne
06-16-2014, 01:32 AM
I sent a friend request to literally every code in this thread and no one responded.

Why do you hate me? :(

Vyk
06-16-2014, 02:09 AM
I know how you feel. Only like two people accepted me. I haven't been on my 3DS in a while, let alone this game. But I will accept, as soon as I find it lol

Rantz
06-16-2014, 07:44 AM
I haven't played in a good long while. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

metagloria
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM
I just borrowed this from a friend, so I'll be looking for some connections. But I'm not sure if I'm going to dive into it now or wait and finish Kingdoms of Amalur, which I've probably got another 50+ hours on.

Skyblade
06-16-2014, 05:11 PM
I sent a friend request to literally every code in this thread and no one responded.

Why do you hate me? :(

3DS Friend requests don't work that way. You have to add them, and they have to add you as well. They don't receive any notification that you put in their code, so most of the people probably don't realize that you friended them. A lot aren't checking this thread any more.

As for myself... I was just being lazy. Friended now.

Dr Unne
06-16-2014, 10:07 PM
3DS Friend requests don't work that way. You have to add them, and they have to add you as well. They don't receive any notification that you put in their code, so most of the people probably don't realize that you friended them. A lot aren't checking this thread any more.

Oh, that might explain it. I thought people would be notified. Thanks for the info and the friending.

metagloria
06-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Metagloria: 3437-3916-3545.

I got this 3DS from a kid and never changed his mii, so my friend requests may or may not come through as "home boy". (I did just edit it to something a bit more...reasonable.)

Aelitalily
06-22-2014, 10:24 AM
I just sent through an attack of 750,000 :3 Guarantee to kill any single target boss xD
I also have almost all the jobs @ lvl 14.
Wanting to A) make use of these awesome abilities
and also B) Looking for another friend or 2 for abilink ^_^

My friend code is 0748 2849 5266 and name, what a surprise is Aelitalily

Not sure if anyone is still playing this game, but if you are... add me! Let me know if you ever need me to send through a new attack :3

Fynn
06-22-2014, 10:29 AM
I just sent through an attack of 750,000 :3 Guarantee to kill any single target boss xD
I also have almost all the jobs @ lvl 14.
Wanting to A) make use of these awesome abilities
and also B) Looking for another friend or 2 for abilink ^_^

My friend code is 0748 2849 5266 and name, what a surprise is Aelitalily

Not sure if anyone is still playing this game, but if you are... add me! Let me know if you ever need me to send through a new attack :3

I haven't played in a while, but my wife might be playig soon. I'll add you soon anyway ;3