PDA

View Full Version : #eoff Chat Mafia - Saturday January 4, 10AM PST

Del Murder
01-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Many EoFFers have played or at least heard of mafia, the fun forum game of trying to figure out who the scumbags are among your fellow townspeople before they kill all of you. These games typically last about a week and involve a lot of deception and deduction, great fun for all.

The forum game of mafia is actually based on a live version of the game that is much more quickly paced and revolves more around gut instinct than deductive reasoning. It is difficult to have this type of game on the forums due to people being in all different timezones and the threads typically being full of long posts.

In an effort to try to bring the 'live' version of mafia to EoFF, I'm going to host a few mafia games in the #eoff chatroom. It could work or it could fail miserably. Either way it should be great fun.

If you love mafia and want to try it a different way, or if you've always wanted to see what the hype was about, join me in the #eoff chatroom on Saturday January 4 at 10:00 AM PST where I will host a few games. The setups will be very basic: goons, cops, doctors, and vanilla townspeople for the most part. I may throw one or two other basic roles in for funzies depending on how many join in.

Come and play or come and watch! See you there! :letsgo:

Del Murder
01-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Here are some guides for those who don't know how to play:

Flash Introduction to Mafia (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087) - A pretty good guide.
A Beginner's Guide to Mafia (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide)
Common Mafia Roles (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roles)

Anything on the mafiascum wiki is pretty good. :steiner:

Shauna
01-03-2014, 09:46 PM
We have everything all sorted out on the chatroom side of things!

I will hopefully be around for some of it to help out with the technical side of the chatroom stuff if need be. :3 My plans for tomorrow are a bit unknown at this point.

Denmark
01-03-2014, 10:49 PM
forum mafia is nowhere near the level of awesomeness of live (chat or IRL) mafia. If I think about it I'll play.

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm interested in playing but I also don't want to wake up before noon on my only day off this week. Decisions :(

Hollycat
01-04-2014, 12:21 AM
If I'm around when it starts, I would love to play

Scotty_ffgamer
01-04-2014, 12:42 AM
If I'm around online, I'll participate!

Freya
01-04-2014, 02:38 AM
I'll try but I'll be at my parents so it may be phone chat mafia.

Madonna
01-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Not available then, or at all Saturday, but I hope you guys make it a huge success; Mafia is fun, doing it chat should be fun, and anyone who has not played it should get in on this awesome action. I will try to be more available in the future because missing out makes me sad.

Del Murder
01-04-2014, 05:53 PM
This happens soon! :ffvishock:

Madonna
01-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Town lost the first game; second game underway.

Freya
01-04-2014, 07:57 PM
OH I FORGOT

Madonna
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Shame on you! The town has a hard lot in life and could use a player like yourself (or not, were you scum)!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Killed because I was different.

Del Murder
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Shame on you! The town has a hard lot in life and could use a player like yourself (or not, were you scum)!
Yes, the town needed some veterans like Frekana to help them along. :freya: They lost both games!

We may play some more in an hour or so.

Rantz
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM
This was a lot of fun! Let's do it more often!

Hollycat
01-04-2014, 09:52 PM
We were able to deduce that Plef killed Rantz because Plef dines solely on Pants and nothing else.

Freya
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah I came in right as the last game was ending :(

Del Murder
01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Some more will start up soon! :eiko:

escobert
01-04-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll probably be down for another game or two :D

01-04-2014, 11:55 PM
We were able to deduce that Plef killed Rantz because Plef dines solely on Pants and nothing else.
And you were sooooo wrong!

Hollycat
01-05-2014, 12:15 AM
And you were sooooo wrong!
I won, you didn't.
That makes me right.

Freya
01-05-2014, 12:28 AM
You guys let me die cause you wanted a stupid no lynch. :colbert: I wont forget that.

Hollycat
01-05-2014, 12:32 AM
You guys let me die cause you wanted a stupid no lynch. :colbert: I wont forget that.
I would have voted with you mon' cherie.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Everyone except for Endless are traitors. And possibly Freya, but she was already dead when I was voted to die.

01-05-2014, 12:44 AM
I never vote for anyone to die. Remember that. Remember. That.

Pumpkin
01-05-2014, 03:32 AM
I won all of the mafias :3:

noxious.sunshine
01-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Rantz voted to kill me.

And that was very sad.

It was a verreh fun game though!!

Hollycat
01-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Noxy hired me for nighttime companionship.

4 times.

Endless
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Tas and I set up a #werewolf room, and the game is bot operated, which means Del can now participate as a townie werewolf drunk villager.

The roles and commands are all found in this page here (http://wolfbot.epicquinn.net/).

Del Murder
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Neato. Thanks for setting that up! Looks like a fun variant to the mafia game. :bro:

Jiro
01-07-2014, 05:38 AM
spewing I missed this

Citizen Bleys
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
It's not like epicmafia, is it?

Because I tried epicmafia and it was a very bad experience.

Endless
01-13-2014, 12:51 AM
It's not like epicmafia, is it?

Because I tried epicmafia and it was a very bad experience.

Dunno how epicmafia is, but the way I see it is as a fast-paced version of the game, which more or less matches the timing you would enforce if you were playing the game IRL (which to me is the best way to play it). With the bot settings, day lasts 5 minutes max (ends faster if the village agrees), night lasts 3 minutes max (ends faster if the wolves agreed on a jill and if the seer has checked someone), and the game starts with a night phase. The timing of votes is crucial, since a couple wolves can ninja-squeeze a lynch in the last seconds if they are good at keeping time (and conversely, ninja-voters are prime suspects).

At the moment I'm expanding the bot to add more roles from The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow. In the list below, 0-9 were the original bot's roles (the ones the bot currently running has), and in bold are the ones I've added.

# Villager : default role, tries to survive with the rest of the village
# 0: Seer: Can scrye at night to discover the identity of a villager
# 1: Wolf: Meets other wolves at night to eat a villager
# 2: Cursed: Seen as a wolf by the seer but as an innocent by the detective
# 3: Drunk villager: no power
# 4: Harlot: can visit someone at night and prevent their power
# 5: Traitor: appears as a villager, but sided with the wolves
# 6: Gunner: has a gun, may kill the wolves at night, may lose his gun upon death
# 7: Werecrow: sided with the wolves, can visit a player at night to spy on him
# 8: Guardian angel: each night, can protect one player from the wolves. May (will?) die if he protects a wolf. No effect on the little girl.
# 9: Detective: can check someone's true identity during the day, may reveal himself doing so.

# 10: Witch: tries to eliminate the wolves, has two potions:
life potion to save the werewolves target, death potion to kill someone during the night
# 11: Cupid: tries to kill the wolves ; at the beginning of the game, will choose two players and "marry" them
The two lovers' fate are linked: if one dies, so does the other. They know each other.
Their goal is to survive together. If they are on opposite side, their goal is to win against everyone.
# 12: Thief: will choose his role between the two that haven't been drawn.
# 13: Little girl: villager, can spy the wolves at night, but may be caught by the wolves doing so
# 14: Hunter: villager, revenge kills one player when he dies
# 15: Ancient: villager, he can survive the first wolf attack.
If he is lynched or killed by the hunter or witch, every villager loses their power
# 16: Shaman: tries to kill the wolves ; has a short time during the night to listen to the spirits
# 17: Village idiot: villager. If the village decides to lynch him, he will be spared at the last moment, but will lose his right to vote.
# 18: Scapegoat: villager. In case of a tie, he will be killed by default.
# 19: Pied piper: His goal is to win alone. He must charm every player alive, up to two each night.
# 20: White Wolf: His goal is to win the game alone. The other werewolves think he is a normal wolf, but every other night, he may kill one werewolf of his choice.
# 21: Crow: villager ; each night he may curse one player which will have two votes against him the next morning.
# 22: Wild kid: villager. At the beginning of the game, chooses a role model. If that player dies, the kid becomes a werewolf.
# 23: Angel: his goal is to be eliminated on the first turn of the game. If he does, the game ends and he wins.
# If he fails, he becomes a powerless villager
# 24: Wolf-father: his goal is to eliminate all the innocents (non-werewolves). At night convenes with the wolves to eliminate a player
Once per game, he can change the victim of the wolves into a wolf. The infected player keeps his power.
# 25: Big Bad Wolf: his goal is to kill the innocents (non wolves), each nights he convenes with the wolves.
Each night as long as no other wolf is dead, he may kill an additional victim
# 26: Sister: villager. She knows the identity of her sister, whom she can trust (and they can chat in the second night phase).

Jiro
01-13-2014, 01:02 AM
epicmafia is built around day one roleclaiming and follow the cop so it kind of blows. I can't imagine EoFF ever playing such a terrible strategy.