PDA

View Full Version : The Binding Coil of Bahamut

Necronopticous
01-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Let's discuss Coil.

We are stuck on Turn 4 but making progress. For those of you who have beaten it, what strategies did you try in phase 5/6, and what ended up working out for you in the end?

futsuriai
01-05-2014, 05:42 AM
I found this link The Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4 Visual Guide : ffxiv (http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1ol4rn/the_binding_coil_of_bahamut_turn_4_visual_guide/) which seems like it might be helpful!

Aulayna
01-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Stuck on Turn 4 too, though also at the mercy of PuGs for it.

o_O
01-06-2014, 02:20 AM
I've taken out T1 and T2, but never tried T3 (though I hear it's a bit of a joke). Sucks that I'm never awake at the same time as most of the FC, so I have to rely on PUGs as well. So hard to find PUG healers that can keep the tanks alive in T1!

Necronopticous
01-06-2014, 04:11 AM
After hours of attempts, we finally beat it tonight! We ultimately settled on killing the Soldier & Knight in phase 5 instead of the Dreadnaught, and then kiting the 2 around the edge after building up some initial enmity with hallowed ground. Our biggest hurdle was making sure every mob was accounted for so the healers didn't take any hits at the start of phase 6. This basically boiled down to having DPS grab & pull some of the mobs to the off-tank immediately. After that it was just trying and trying until everything went right. Our group is in low-moderate gear for turn 4, so as the weeks go on it should get to be much easier.

Rostum
01-06-2014, 08:10 AM
...but never tried T3 (though I hear it's a bit of a joke...

T3 is fun! Unless they changed it with the latest patch, we would just race and try and sabotage each other. XD

I have the same problem though Mike... All my friends and people in my FC are American, and my timezone is pretty much opposite ends. :(

Loony BoB
01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
You two are on a similar-ish timezone, perhaps you two could start a group together?

o_O
01-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Let's do it! We can be the tank dynamic duo!

Necronopticous
01-08-2014, 07:47 AM
We officially have T1-4 on farm now. Got them all down earlier tonight in about an hour and a half, total. We went in and got slaughtered by Twintania for fun, but we're not even gonna bother trying to learn it until everyone is above 4.2k HP. Gonna be a couple more weeks.