PDA

View Full Version : Anybody other than me who likes the "Google thing nowadays"

Niale
01-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Not that i use Google as search engine often, but i did enjoy this. Now they have to get real jobs, instead of hoarding people and making YouTube (Must see vids) as a way of making profit, there really is a God out there :P

Basically, they can't use music or other video clips other than their own web cams, and have to create it for themself.
So this will motivate people to get a real job instead of YouTube ;)

I like it. I don't use YouTube often, but this is a win for social adjustment :)
About That AJ Rant... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEoZhnA0V8U)

Niale
01-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Did you ever consider that maybe people make videos on YouTube solely for the enjoyment of themselves and others?

But not all do it for that purpose ;), you can notice it ;).

If its to practice at editing, lets say, photoshop and adobe after effects, then that sure is fun, or Aegisub karaoke, i do like that people practice and wants to be better. But those do not do it for money ;)
That's what i like about this system, it discourages money grabbers :P

But its good when content can be helpful, like walkthrough when you are stuck in a game for example, those works :)

Classic Game Room was smart and started using Dailymotion from what i know.
Just one example.

Niale
01-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Someone's just jealous they haven't figured out how to make any money on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAqnM1PP5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXcd5-UhTIY

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-04-2014, 01:44 PM
what's so important about having a 'real job'?
What's a 'real job'?
Is it wrong to be a 'money grabber'? What does it do to you? How does it effect you where someone else gets their income from? Who are you to say what's wrong if it doesn't hurt you?

Sorry to be such a jerk about it, but quite honestly I get annoyed when people use the term 'real job'.
Like, what are you even implying?

Niale
01-04-2014, 01:50 PM
what's so important about having a 'real job'?
What's a 'real job'?
Is it wrong to be a 'money grabber'? What does it do to you? How does it effect you where someone else gets their income from? Who are you to say what's wrong if it doesn't hurt you?

Sorry to be such a jerk about it, but quite honestly I get annoyed when people use the term 'real job'.
Like, what are you even implying?

Store Manager, IT-tech support, Farmer . Basically jobs :)
Well, if its to spread bad content, yup ;)
This helps the gullible to not spend their time on it ;)
Clear away the poison in the air ;)

I am considering its mostly americans on YouTube who are responsible, since they are the second most active internet users. But they are good at making movies, YouTube is basically the place where rejects try to make a living by lack of quality, place of sorrow ;).
Internet Users - Top 20 Countries - Internet Usage (http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40chueG-4II
No offense :)

Edit: Which is unfortunate, because i hear that since Obama took office, the unemployment rate has increased, i am sorry to hear that though.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
that winky face is getting really annoying.
So IT Tech support = job
farmer= job
grocery store bagger = job

Does art=job to you, or no?

if so, then you're missing my point.
if not, then I guess I should just not talk to you anymore.

Niale
01-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Art, sure, lots of good historic paintings and drawings.
I think Netherlands are known for having pretty good paintings.
You can study art and become a teacher and learn people how to draw or paint etc.

noxious.sunshine
01-04-2014, 05:52 PM
What the hell is this even about?

Mirage
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Do you realize that the guy making that video suggests zeropunctuation as a reliable source for serious game reviews? Lol. I mean I enjoy watching those videos, but not to make an educated decision over which games to get or not. That's just insane. He also suggests that people watch game advertisements to find out what the game looks like and how it plays. Of course, ignoring that advertisements are about as biased as things can possibly get. I'd say that guy has somewhere around 0% credibility.

Also, please define "a real job".

Slothy
01-04-2014, 06:33 PM
So this will motivate people to get a real job instead of YouTube ;)

What the hell is a real job?

Oh that's right, it's whatever you do that people are paying you for. I can't help but think anyone who goes on about people needing "real jobs" is really just upset that someone else is enjoying what they do while they're stuck with a job they hate.

Do you realize that the guy making that video suggests zeropunctuation as a reliable source for serious game reviews? Lol. I mean I enjoy watching those videos, but not to make an educated decision over which games to get or not. That's just insane.

It's made even more laughable by the fact that the only reason Zero Punctuation is on the Escapist is because Yahtzee put his first souple of videos on Youtube.

Mirage
01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
In this thread: Jobs that are enjoyable are not real jobs.

I guess the realest of all jobs would be to work at an abortion clinic, or maybe a combat clinic.

Sephex
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1227052108860.jpg

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-04-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Sephex's reply was the most relevant to this topic and I don't think anything I could say would be a better, more well thought out response.

Niale
01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
In this thread: Jobs that are enjoyable are not real jobs.

I guess the realest of all jobs would be to work at an abortion clinic, or maybe a combat clinic.

haha

Fonzie
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM

You can study art and become a teacher and learn people how to draw or paint etc.

But what about those who don't want to be learned? :confused:

Niale
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Do you realize that the guy making that video suggests zeropunctuation as a reliable source for serious game reviews? Lol. I mean I enjoy watching those videos, but not to make an educated decision over which games to get or not. That's just insane. He also suggests that people watch game advertisements to find out what the game looks like and how it plays. Of course, ignoring that advertisements are about as biased as things can possibly get. I'd say that guy has somewhere around 0% credibility.

Also, please define "a real job".

That AJ rant, if thats the video you ment.
He means that now people who put zero effort has to work harder to earn money on what they publish on YouTube, which for me is pretty fair, lol :P.

Internet Sheep herding is someone's profession alright.
But if people like that, then ok with me, i won't bother. ^^

Edit: Yes, i think its a better idea to watch gameplay than reviews, because reviews is one person's opinion vs all other :)
Real job: I said it on one of my earlier posts.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1227052108860.jpg

Win :)

But what about those who don't want to be learned? :confused:

Well there are options, like how can one motivate the student, motivation is the key for everything :)
But questions and answers can help solve issues, or anything else.
But its a fun profession though.

Elskidor
01-04-2014, 07:48 PM
I recently got one of those "real jobs" as a male prostitute, it was scary at first, but it gets better. Its also A LOT of hard work but sometimes it can be pretty damn enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Niale
01-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I recently got one of those "real jobs" as a male prostitute, it was scary at first, but it gets better. Its also A LOT of hard work but sometimes it can be pretty damn enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

They have those too on the internet, called youtube, lol :P
Just joking.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-04-2014, 08:04 PM
(image)
...is that Chris Trott??

In response to Niale's answer... no. That's not the path I was taking, sorry.

An artist isn't only a person who paints pictures and knows how to draw things. As I'm sure we all know, nearly every videogame to date would never have existed if there wasn't art involved. This is where literature, movies and music comes from. There are concept artists, digital artists, comic artists, animators, storyboard artists-- and it goes even further than that. Singers and songwriters and musicians of all sorts, authors and screenwriters, and many more, and all of these are people who have struggled to fight the tide, have to try their damndest to ignore their peers nagging them to 'get a real job'.
These are people who've managed to earn a living and are now able to laugh in the faces of people who try to define the term 'real job', or maybe they're people who only made it partway, or haven't even started, and have been completely disheartened by the cold uncaring attitudes of people who stomp on their long-term goals.
But most of the time, these are people who started out kind of lame. We're all derivative and unoriginal in some way and at the start of our journey it may seem the most prominent. People might see their art, then scoff and say
'that's not original at all.'
'And you want to base your whole life off this? Grow up.'
'So basically you ripped off ___.'
'You know you could be put in jail for this.'
But if you start earning even a little money, even a cent per day, or per year, that still means you've got a JOB.

Youtube gamers are what I like to call freelance visual journalists. They write reviews (of games), they take interviews(with game devs), they grab the interest of people in one game or another. They rate things and keep you updated on the latest in the gaming industry, and they PERFORM while doing it.
Not all of them actually have what it takes... so they never get the partnership deal with Youtube. It takes following a lot of rules to get a Youtube partnership, and being interesting of course. But the ones that do are skilled in art, acting, hosting, sometimes even music...
I support these people. Not because they do me any good, I guess they don't. But if they actually succeed and get a youtube partnership and start earning money from their work, then they've found their niche and they're happy.
But you do know a vast majority of the youtube gamers don't have that partnership....right?
And you DO know that even the Youtube partners only earn their daily wage based off the number of people that view and click the ADS in their videos? Like, if you have adblock on... these youtube partners are not being paid. And the average earnings a youtube partner can get is $0.95 to $4.05 per day.
And yet you seem to act as if they have it easy.

On another note, your statement about Obama... is DEEPLY untrue, unnecessary, and incredibly offensive. Employment had essentially already begun to crash before Obama took office, wise guy. If you didn't get the memo, unemployment rates have been steadily decreasing over the years.

So basically, Niale, do your homework before you say anything else. Also, be more considerate to others. Just because someone lives differently than you does not mean that you have the right to trounce on them and insult their lifestyles.

bye.

Niale
01-04-2014, 08:17 PM
(image)
...is that Chris Trott??

In response to Niale's answer... no. That's not the path I was taking, sorry.

An artist isn't only a person who paints pictures and knows how to draw things. As I'm sure we all know, nearly every videogame to date would never have existed if there wasn't art involved. This is where literature, movies and music comes from. There are concept artists, digital artists, comic artists, animators, storyboard artists-- and it goes even further than that. Singers and songwriters and musicians of all sorts, authors and screenwriters, and many more, and all of these are people who have struggled to fight the tide, have to try their damndest to ignore their peers nagging them to 'get a real job'.
These are people who've managed to earn a living and are now able to laugh in the faces of people who try to define the term 'real job', or maybe they're people who only made it partway, or haven't even started, and have been completely disheartened by the cold uncaring attitudes of people who stomp on their long-term goals.
But most of the time, these are people who started out kind of lame. We're all derivative and unoriginal in some way and at the start of our journey it may seem the most prominent. People might see their art, then scoff and say
'that's not original at all.'
'And you want to base your whole life off this? Grow up.'
'So basically you ripped off ___.'
'You know you could be put in jail for this.'
But if you start earning even a little money, even a cent per day, or per year, that still means you've got a JOB.

Youtube gamers are what I like to call freelance visual journalists. They write reviews (of games), they take interviews(with game devs), they grab the interest of people in one game or another. They rate things and keep you updated on the latest in the gaming industry, and they PERFORM while doing it.
Not all of them actually have what it takes... so they never get the partnership deal with Youtube. It takes following a lot of rules to get a Youtube partnership, and being interesting of course. But the ones that do are skilled in art, acting, hosting, sometimes even music...
I support these people. Not because they do me any good, I guess they don't. But if they actually succeed and get a youtube partnership and start earning money from their work, then they've found their niche and they're happy.
But you do know a vast majority of the youtube gamers don't have that partnership....right?
And you DO know that even the Youtube partners only earn their daily wage based off the number of people that view and click the ADS in their videos? Like, if you have adblock on... these youtube partners are not being paid. And the average earnings a youtube partner can get is $0.95 to $4.05 per day.
And yet you seem to act as if they have it easy.

On another note, your statement about Obama... is DEEPLY untrue, unnecessary, and incredibly offensive. Employment had essentially already begun to crash before Obama took office, wise guy. If you didn't get the memo, unemployment rates have been steadily decreasing over the years.

So basically, Niale, do your homework before you say anything else. Also, be more considerate to others. Just because someone lives differently than you does not mean that you have the right to trounce on them and insult their lifestyles.

bye.

Too long to read.
No problem, see you :)

Calliope
01-04-2014, 10:19 PM
No offense :)

Hahahahaha, oh "those Americans" and their lack of "real jobs"!

I would make a more in depth reply, but sorry, I'm off to my imaginary job at the kitten-hugging, candyfloss-flavour-tasting division of "I'm A Creative" Industries! Quickly, to the merry-go-round!

Ghosteses
01-05-2014, 04:15 AM
i just want to say that bad content is not a fact like you state.

it is your opinion xD

i do not like the google thing now adays. it is broken and dumb like everyone is saying. my aunt hates it... even my dad hates it and he does not post youtube videos.

it is almost like google want to kill what youtube is >.>

not sure anyone other then like.. jelly people would like what google is doing. i guess companys dont want free commercials anymore xD

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Christ, you're intolerable.

;)

Old Manus
01-05-2014, 01:52 PM
EoFF

constantly whinges about nurturing new members

gets new member and hounds him off the forum within a month

Mirage
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
This guy is a member? I was thinking of him as more like a random sentence generator bot.

Niale
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
This guy is a member? I was thinking of him as more like a random sentence generator bot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabnZ9-ex7o

Slothy
01-05-2014, 05:07 PM
EoFF

constantly whinges about nurturing new members

gets new member and hounds him off the forum within a month

Now that's not fair. There's nothing wrong with telling someone they're wrong, and I doubt this guy is actually going anywhere.

Ghosteses
01-05-2014, 09:55 PM
yeah i am still fairly new here and i have not ran off xD if he is going to leave because people are joining in his discussions and stuff then thats fine. its hard to talk to someone who is just right no matter what though

i think thats what quint was talking about

besides guys i do not think he is serious. no way could a serious thread be so funny. i am pretty sure almost all of his threads are for the lulz xD

i will be suprized if i am wrong o.o

Shlup
01-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Not being able to use footage from a video game in a review of said video game is pretty stupid. American copyright laws are just obnoxious.

Argh, YouTube ranters are just all-around twits.

And there's no such thing as "a real job." If you're making money, your job is real. Enjoying your job does not somehow invalidate the job.

Jiro
01-06-2014, 03:18 AM
Niale, are you lonely? Do you need a hug? You have so much hate in your body, it must be tiresome.