PDA

View Full Version : FF6 was boring

Niale
01-05-2014, 03:32 AM
It felt to nerdy. Got to a place where you have to save this "Green haired girl", with the moogles. This felt too american for my taste, even if the game is Japanese. It got too Star Wars.

Feel free to discuss.

Jessweeee♪
01-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Of all of the Final Fantasy games that I will never play a second time, FFVI is my favorite.

maybee
01-05-2014, 03:42 AM
Final Fantasy 6 is fantastic, don't know how it felt too American but okay ?

Mirage
01-05-2014, 04:06 AM
"I played this game for 15 minutes and it sucked"

Cool story. Got any more?

Pumpkin
01-05-2014, 04:06 AM
It felt to nerdy. Got to a place where you have to save this "Green haired girl", with the moogles. This felt too american for my taste, even if the game is Japanese. It got too Star Wars.

Feel free to discuss.

What

Denmark
01-05-2014, 04:16 AM
I don't even think you've ever seen Star Wars!

Mirage
01-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Star wars was probably too american for him, so he turned it off after the first 10 minutes.

Elskidor
01-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Wow, there is no Youtube video to go along with the OP. I'd say your trolling, but I'm not quite sure you do that even if a lot of your threads reek of it. I'd recommend you try it more than 10 minutes, even for those that don't consider it the best Final Fantasy has to offer it is often in the top 2 or 3 and a highly respected classic on the level of Chrono Trigger, which is saying a lot.

Mirage
01-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Dude do you have any idea how European CT feels?

Ayen
01-05-2014, 06:47 AM
You say words like American and Star Wars like it's a bad thing. As an American I am honored to even be mentioned in the same breath as one of the greatest Final Fantasy games of all time. Such a privilege brings a tear to my eye and makes me hopeful in a better future for all mankind. Kefka bless America! Land that I love! Stand beside her, and crush her, underneath your jester gloves!

Botchmun
01-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Obvious troll is Obvious, please try harder.

Sephiroth
01-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Feel free to discuss.

While it is my 4th favourite Final Fantasy, I understand this to an extent. Many moments of Final Fantasy VI are just moments I would not have needed. However, this is the case for almost all Final Fantasys.

Too much Star Wars cannot be bad for me however. "Nanaki" is "Anakin" with the "N" at the beginning. Sephiroth is a hero who became the antagonist later, Biggs and Wedge are normal Final Fantasy characters. The flying vehicles of Final Fantasy XII are totally Star Wars-like. I do also not need many things in Star Wars but those similiar things are no problem for me.

I have Final Fantasy VI for SNES, PSOne and GBA and those reasons were never a problem for me.

Niale
01-05-2014, 12:56 PM
We have
- JPG that stands still, no movement at all, they just stand still, they couldn't GIF them, (Birds, dogs)
- Kefka, basically the american dream of having Joker from Batman, basically manchildren who likes action figures will love this.
- STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.
- It was too nerdy... i have an interesting idea, "Do you want to play dungeons and dragons". Pl2: "NOooo, that's too american, go away. Let's do something cool"
"How about "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest". Meh too old.
How about "Chrono Trigger", too old.
How about, why aren't there many new RPG's.
PL2. Well there are, its just most of them are in First person, but i did like Morrowind. There aren't much classic turn RPG's nowadays, maybe its not that cool anymore.
"TAKE THAT BACK!".

Mirage
01-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I can't believe I actually spent 5 minutes typing something out in response to that post. I finally came to my senses and just deleted it all. Not really worth it. Come back when you can make a coherent argument.

Psychotic
01-05-2014, 01:27 PM
- STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.I agree 100% with this point. Pew pew. STAR WARS.

Niale
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
- STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.I agree 100% with this point. Pew pew. STAR WARS.

I know.

Niale
01-05-2014, 01:58 PM
I can't believe I actually spent 5 minutes typing something out in response to that post. I finally came to my senses and just deleted it all. Not really worth it. Come back when you can make a coherent argument.

No hard feelings ;)
Come back whenever you feel like.

Denmark
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
at least stop multiposting dude

Elpizo
01-05-2014, 02:42 PM
at least stop multiposting dude

Fixed. ;)

Pike
01-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Whoa guys, you may not agree with Niale but let's rein things in a bit shall we?

Slothy
01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I can understand their frustration here though, even if they're not handling it in the best way. I've read all of his posts and I have no idea what his opinion on the game actually is aside from him not liking it.

Niale
01-05-2014, 06:52 PM
I can understand their frustration here though, even if they're not handling it in the best way. I've read all of his posts and I have no idea what his opinion on the game actually is aside from him not liking it.

Nerding people out of fun, that's how roboticized internet is, its all serious business for nerds to review their closet :P
Case closed ;)

Pike
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Okay, now we're just getting offtopic.

If you're not gonna talk about FF6 don't post in the thread. Niale, that includes you. In fact I'd advise that you clarify your opinions a bit more so it is easier for us to discuss them.

Slothy
01-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't see how explaining that I don't understand his argument is getting off topic. It seems pretty on topic actually since the thread was started by him making statements about the game that don't make sense. I mean, I'd love to talk about it and offer a different perspective to his, but I've got nothing to work with here.

Pike
01-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I was mostly talking to Niale there, but okay, you've said that you don't understand his topic and I already asked Niale to explain it further, so really I don't see why you're still posting about this? :p

Agent Proto
01-05-2014, 09:03 PM
The fact that FFVI had some Star Wars influence to it made it one of my favorite Final Fantasys ever.

Bubba
01-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I think I understand what Niale is trying to say.

Final Fantasy VI's level of nerdiness is probably equal to it's level of Americanness. In that they are both words that you would associate with an above average number of letters. Also, the appeal of green- haired woman in Japanese culture is obviously high as a result of the popularity of large lizards as well as the growth of herbs such as rosemary and basil. Finally, if you compare the population of both Japan and America, it is clear that both countries have a high number of inhabitants... all of whom breathe in an out with amazing regularity.

Also, the planet of Hoth was mainly covered in snow and ice therefore, FFVI is boring.

LunarWeaver
01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Nobuo Uematsu wouldn't want us to bicker like this :kaocry2:

maybee
01-06-2014, 02:02 AM
We have
- JPG that stands still, no movement at all, they just stand still, they couldn't GIF them, (Birds, dogs)

To be honest if you're not used to this sort of thing, this can take a while to get used to, though they do " attack " so it's not that bad of a issue.

If you gave this game a chance and understand that it came out in SNES days, you could get used to this. easily.

- Kefka, basically the american dream of having Joker from Batman, basically manchildren who likes action figures will love this.

Kefka is a good villain, because not only is he dark, twisting and disturbing but he's also enjoyable,

and the only figures I have are characters from D Gray Man from 4 years ago, no Batman toys.

So robot = Star Wars ?

Does Sonic The Hedgehog feel too American and Star Wars-y to you as well ?

- It was too nerdy... i have an interesting idea, "Do you want to play dungeons and dragons". Pl2: "NOooo, that's too american, go away. Let's do something cool"

Yes because when I think of America, I think of a evil empire and green haired eighteen year old girls and Moogles whom hide in caves.

:greenie:

Putting down a game because it's " too old " is one of the most dumbest thing as a gamer you could possibly do, graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to games. By being snobby towards retro games because of something that they can't help, their graphics, you are missing out on some really good games.

Things age, and games that once upon a time looked incredible graphics wise, now look outdated, you can't be snobby towards something that's a natural process. Plus, bet you anything that most of your favorite movies out age you, sometimes even by double.

Carl the Llama
01-06-2014, 02:34 AM

Putting down a game because it's " too old " is one of the most dumbest thing as a gamer you could possibly do, graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to games. By being snobby towards retro games because of something that they can't help, their graphics, you are missing out on some really good games.

Things age, and games that once upon a time looked incredible graphics wise, now look outdated, you can't be snobby towards something that's a natural process. Plus, bet you anything that most of your favorite movies out age you, sometimes even by double.

I completely agree, Breath of Fire (I, II, III and IV) all have very dated graphics, but I would rather play those over the newer shiney PS3 RPG's any day of the week and twice on sundays. The thing about old games such as these (and many many more old RPG's) is that they didn't have the shiney new graphics of our PS3's and 360's today, so they had to attract players with compelling story and great gameplay alone.

Niale
01-06-2014, 04:45 AM
We have

To be honest if you're not used to this sort of thing, this can take a while to get used to, though they do " attack " so it's not that bad of a issue.

If you gave this game a chance and understand that it came out in SNES days, you could get used to this. easily.

Kefka is a good villain, because not only is he dark, twisting and disturbing but he's also enjoyable,

and the only figures I have are characters from D Gray Man from 4 years ago, no Batman toys.

So robot = Star Wars ?

Does Sonic The Hedgehog feel too American and Star Wars-y to you as well ?

Yes because when I think of America, I think of a evil empire and green haired eighteen year old girls and Moogles whom hide in caves.

:greenie:

Was more due to newer instead of the old, because we can't always stick to older games forever, joke ;)
D&D, well i don't know, isn't that on American basement list :P
The game felt nerdy because it feels so american, every outspoken american on the internet. So no, now i can't play it :P
But its totally cool if you do ;)
But its chill, you know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeCsMNudmY

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it :)

There you go.

Greatermaximus
01-06-2014, 05:03 AM
Wasn't boring enough for me to not play it. :razz:

Niale
01-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Wasn't boring enough for me to not play it. :razz:

That's the disconnect between us.
But its cool, we can still shake ;)
Seal it on that.
The Handshake - Dillon Gets Payback - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MptrEyGRw_o)
Keep it chill.
Regards.
New York Jazz Lounge - Loverman - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doCz5XvGGpU)

I rest my case ;)

Elskidor
01-06-2014, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=maybee;3357495][QUOTE=Niale;3357129]
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it :)

Yeah, it was my third Final Fantasy, but I'd have to put it near the bottom of the list of all Final Fantasy titles. It was a time filler when bored, and I played it back to back with FFIV and FFVI so it was definitely, by far far and wide, the dull cookie out of those 3. I suppose I should try it again one day. I may even own my old SNES cartridge somewhere.

Jowy
01-06-2014, 06:31 AM
this entire thread:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Maximum_7e6665_1460590.jpg

Jiro
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Final Fantasy VI does share a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars (some are a stretch but like, let's go with it for argument's sake). If you dislike that then, uh, okay I guess. But there seems to be no correlation between the things you hate and Star Wars. There is even less correlation between the things you hate and America. What is your problem with America, anyway? Why do you hate everything? I am strongly suspecting you need a hug.

The apparent emphasis on graphical prowess is disappointing but I should not be surprised by anything. I am all for people bashing Final Fantasy VI if they have legitimate qualms but you are just irrational and that makes me sad.

Sephiroth
01-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it

You know that Mystic Quest is no regular Final Fantasy but from the Mana series? Not that it is important, it still is an RPG from the same company.

Niale
01-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it

You know that Mystic Quest is no regular Final Fantasy but from the Mana series? Not that it is important, it still is an RPG from the same company.

What matters is that it kicks ass and having too much fun :D
I am currently playing it, and this does not disappoint.
Its kinda like Zelda slash RPG
Overhead view feels a little like that, which makes this game more cooler :cool:

If you have a Wii, then you can buy it, or just try it on a emulator. In Europe it is called "Mystic Quest Legend" though, just incase you can't find it. :)

Final Fantasy VI does share a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars (some are a stretch but like, let's go with it for argument's sake). If you dislike that then, uh, okay I guess. But there seems to be no correlation between the things you hate and Star Wars. There is even less correlation between the things you hate and America. What is your problem with America, anyway? Why do you hate everything? I am strongly suspecting you need a hug.

The apparent emphasis on graphical prowess is disappointing but I should not be surprised by anything. I am all for people bashing Final Fantasy VI if they have legitimate qualms but you are just irrational and that makes me sad.

USA is cool, i love it, Duke Nukem is one of my american heroes ;)
There's just some americans on the internet which i have a little problem with, i mean its cool either way, wink ;).
Just have this suspicion that Americans treasure FF6 like they treasure sex on the balcony, whoops...

Men don't hug, we salute. Soldier.
AT EASE!

[QUOTE=maybee;3357495][QUOTE=Niale;3357129]

Yeah, it was my third Final Fantasy, but I'd have to put it near the bottom of the list of all Final Fantasy titles. It was a time filler when bored, and I played it back to back with FFIV and FFVI so it was definitely, by far far and wide, the dull cookie out of those 3. I suppose I should try it again one day. I may even own my old SNES cartridge somewhere.

Atleast it wasn't Star Trek cookie cutter. Get it ;)
Star Trek Cookie Cutters from ThinkGeek - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUYz-t8YoH8)
(Cough) This is.... too american to handle (Cough)
But its cool, different taste. :cool:

Sephiroth
01-06-2014, 01:23 PM
If you have a Wii, then you can buy it, or just try it on a emulator. In Europe it is called "Mystic Quest Legend" though, just incase you can't find it. :)

I have it for the SNES.

Niale
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM

I have it for SNES.

That's awesome :up:

Edit:
Either way, keep it smooth ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO64tcSCDXc

Niale out :) (Radio)

Flying Mullet
01-06-2014, 01:53 PM
FFVI can never be boring as long as it has this (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vi/146587-sabin-appreciation-thread.html).
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachments/final-fantasy-vi/38970d1387649309t-sabin-appreciation-thread-trainplex.jpg

Spooniest
01-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Feel free to discuss.

TRY PLAYING IT 465 TIMES TO CHECK FOR TYPOS...

Then you can tell me it's boring.

Flying Mullet
01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
What if there's a typo the 466th time?

sharkythesharkdogg
01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
FFVI can never be boring as long as it has this (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vi/146587-sabin-appreciation-thread.html).
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachments/final-fantasy-vi/38970d1387649309t-sabin-appreciation-thread-trainplex.jpg

I often call my girlfriend Doomtrain, and then suplex her onto the bed. Any game that spices up foreplay can't be that boring.

Spooniest
01-07-2014, 12:36 AM
What if there's a typo the 466th time?

URRRRRRGGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHG

That's what

TrollHunter
01-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Because of all the star wars talk I thought I had stumbled into the FFXII section by mistake.

Del Murder
01-07-2014, 11:12 PM
I was literally not bored for one second in FFVI. Not in any of the several playthroughs of this wonderful game. :ffvising: