PDA

View Full Version : Mafia time?

Citizen Bleys
01-06-2014, 04:24 AM
Unless I somehow missed a game, we've not had an EoFF mafia game in a year.

I believe I'm third in line to host a big game, but if anyone's interested, I'm up to host a micro--I'll just need 9 people who are interested. When I was An EC member I was told a micro doesn't need staff approval.

Requirements: willingness to play. That's it. Per EoFF standards, scum get daytalk, days are 24 hours long, and nights are 18 hours long. Setup will be the old mafiascum standard 2of4 setup.

If you're interested, post "/in to play"

Edit: I'm willing to WotC on plurality lynches.

Agent Proto
01-06-2014, 04:37 AM
We just did a few games of mafia over chat at #eoff on Saturday which you missed out on. :p

Shorty
01-06-2014, 04:54 AM
When do you want to start this? I'm /in to play

I've never played. And I do not know the rules or how it works.

The Man
01-06-2014, 04:56 AM
Edit: I'm willing to WotC on plurality lynches.Work Opportunity Tax Credit? Wizards of the Coast? Wait on the consensus?

I kind of want to play this but I probably won't have time :<

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 04:58 AM
I'll take a tax credit.

I'll play! I played one game before and had to go out of town, and I played in chat a bit. I'll try not to bring everyone down.

/in to play

Madonna
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
I understand nothing, John Snow; I am in.

Psst, join chat too, Citizen Bleys, because there is a #werewolf channel for quick Mafia-esque games that require a minimum of four players. I need my fix.

Jiro
01-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Please I have been craving this

DK
01-07-2014, 05:37 AM
someone floated the idea a couple of months ago (i think laddy) but nothing came of it. to be honest I think after this amount of time if none of the hosts in front of you for a big game have arsed themselves to do anything you should be allowed an exception. give us a full game!

Hollycat
01-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Im unopposed.

Shorty
01-07-2014, 05:52 PM
When I was An EC member I was told a micro doesn't need staff approval.

To clarify, I don't believe that any events require staff approval. Anyone can run anything whenever they want to - we encourage all sorts of events and for anyone to run whatever they want. I would request, however, notification of what you intend to run and when you intend to do it so a) we can tell you if someone else already plans to do it or b) we can plan around it if the Events Committee has a lot going on during that time or something.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong - I don't know if mafia is "special" and there are only certain people who host it or what.

Agent Proto
01-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Mini mafia doesn't need staff approval to run because for the bigger mafia games, you need help from an admin to rename the mafia accounts to be used. Mini-mafias doesn't use the accounts, so no need for approval to start one. Basically, a regular mafia game needs more preparation than do mini-mafia.

Shorty
01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
I see. Thank you for the clarification. (I'm bad at staff.)

edczxcvbnm
01-07-2014, 06:09 PM
I want to play! I love Mafia and I am super bad at it! Lets have a funningful time!

I Took the Red Pill
01-08-2014, 02:13 AM
I'm /in to play if there's still room.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2014, 03:41 AM
I'd love to play! /in

I've always preferred message board mafia. It's slow yeah, but there's so much more thinking involved. c:

Laddy
01-08-2014, 05:42 AM
I need this.

Jiro
01-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Sounds like there's more than enough interest for a mini, perhaps even for a ~full sized game~

Please only give me one account this time, I keep getting in trouble for being landed with two. :shobon:

Citizen Bleys
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Edit: I'm willing to WotC on plurality lynches.Work Opportunity Tax Credit? Wizards of the Coast? Wait on the consensus?

I kind of want to play this but I probably won't have time :<

Wisdom of the Crowds.

Given that nobody's sounded off on it, we'll use plurality lynches

I'm seeing what looks like 9 ins, but I'm not sure of a couple of them (asterisk'd below):

Shorty
shion
Madonna
Jinx
Jiro
*edczxcvbnm
I Took the Red Pill
Jessweeee♪
Laddy

I'll get the Role PMs out as soon as those 4 say for sure whether they're definitely in, work permitting

It's not too late to get in on the action though, even if all 4 of the ones I'm not sure of are officially in, there might be replacement slots opening.

Del Murder
01-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I won't be playing but I can set you up with accounts and stuff if you'd like. Just pm me the names and passwords you want. :kaoyatta:

Citizen Bleys
01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
The plan's just to use our regular EoFF accounts. That's where I'll be sending role PMs.

I'll bug you to lock the thread during night phases, though.

Endless
01-08-2014, 10:42 PM
I should have a quiet week coming, one and a half day watching over finals and the rest grading them at home, so I'll have opportunities and time to participate.

So count me /in

Citizen Bleys
01-08-2014, 11:04 PM
We're full, unless I misinterpreted any of the players with asterisks in the list I posted above, but I'll put you in as first replacement.

I still haven't written flavour or assigned roles (or even rolled which 2 of the 4 variables will be in the game), but the plan is to throw together flavour while waiting for my Duty Roulette in FFXIV after work tonight and start the game before I go to bed.

QTs are made, and I have most of the first post saved up in Evernote and ready to copy/paste.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I think the fact that Citizen Bleys is more knowledgeable of the meta game than anybody else is gonna confuse me a little, but yes sir I am most definitely in for this game. I have a new technique I wish to try out.

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm hosting, not playing. My meta won't be a factor.

Flavour is now written, I'll roll the 2of4, assign roles, and start the game all in one go.

I'm assuming I interpreted all ins correctly unless I hear otherwise before then.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh I know you're only hosting, but this plurality lynches and WotC and I just don't even understand these phrases. What happened to mafioso and spaghetti platter :aimsad:

Laddy
01-09-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm certainly in!

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Oh I know you're only hosting, but this plurality lynches and WotC and I just don't even understand these phrases. What happened to mafioso and spaghetti platter :aimsad:

Sometimes I forget that the rest of you haven't been playing Mafia nonstop since Anniversary Mafia.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Sometimes I forget that the rest of you haven't been playing Mafia nonstop since Anniversary Mafia.

Did you make that goal of yours? Were you in a game constantly for the whole year or whatever it was? Goddamn impressive, dude.

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I haven't stopped since November 2012, unless you count night phases in towngames or periods while I was waiting for a game I'd signed up for to start.

Individual games take months at mafiascum though, so it's a bit less impressive than that

EDIT: Just counted, I've completed 24 games on MS on my main account, +3 as part of a hydra + 2 here; I think that's pretty experienced by EoFF standards.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:53 AM
I know they take a long time but that's still impressive. Hell, maybe more impressive.

Anyway, where's this Graveyard at. I got a party to prepare!

disregard that I am dumb

Psychotic
01-10-2014, 10:17 PM
I've tried playing on MafiaScum a few times and I just can't do it. The slow pace of the game drives me to despair and I get bored and frustrated and just leave - I once was a Cop and never even got to use my power because I just couldn't take it anymore xD EoFF has spoiled me.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 11:07 PM
So Jiro and I are going to go make out in a graveyard. Bucket list shortening!

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 11:21 PM
And I'm filming it! PST for prices.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I've had a request for a replace out at the start of D3 (by PM, which I interpret as a desire for anonymity until the moment of replacement), so I might need another volunteer to take ed's slot if he doesn't come back during Night.

It should go without saying that Raf gets ed's slot if the outgoing player is nightkilled, but I'm saying it anyways.

Jiro
01-12-2014, 01:51 AM
I know Scotty wanted to play; perhaps approach him.

Citizen Bleys
01-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Will do, if needed. It's still possible it won't be.

(I've received night actions from everyone who has them, but they can change their minds right up to deadline, so I can't be sure until the deadline arrives)

Scotty_ffgamer
01-12-2014, 04:04 AM
If you need someone, let me know. I should be able to join in if needed. I've even read every post of the game and am caught up, haha.

Shorty
01-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Remaining players except for Raf because he's new: You all suck.

Jiro
01-13-2014, 01:40 AM
They're all suspicious when you're inactive :colbert:

Jiro
01-13-2014, 05:39 AM
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/images/smilies/tumbleweed.gif

Shorty
01-13-2014, 05:46 AM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g361/FmF94/untitle.jpg

Jiro
01-13-2014, 06:42 AM
I've decided that those guys are boring so I'm gonna play Mafia in every thread on the board.

I think we should trust Shorty. She's not giving me any scum vibes, even though her signature has red hair. It's mostly green though so that's a definite town tell.

I don't trust Scotty though. Dinosaurs seem like logical pets of members of the Mafia.

##Vote: Scotty_ffgamer

Shorty
01-13-2014, 06:43 AM
Lynx has got some cards up his sleeve for sure. Who does he think he is stealing the show like that? He's not Madonna, for christ's sake.

I'm still undecided on voting. I'll reserve judgement until I hear from more of you.

Jiro
01-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Last night phase I had a dream that Loony BoB was murdered by mobile phone and that reminds me of the movie Law Abiding Citizen so

##unvote: Scotty_ffgamer
##vote:​ Citizen Bleys

Shorty
01-13-2014, 07:03 AM
I have suspicions that Yamaneko's resurfacings for the past year or so is part of a long-running collaboration with Del Murder and several other unnamed members to burn the forums to the ground, raise chaos, and induce general anarchy in the lives of members by denying them access to discussions about which pizza topping is best and what would have happened if Aeris had lived.

##vote Yamaneko

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 07:34 AM
I may have only recently started posting a lot here, but I've been a member for a couple of years now, and I have been analyzing every post that everyone has ever made. This has only led me to one conclusion: I don't trust anyone and you are all smurfing suspicious.

I have been pretty suspicious of Cid. I mean, he started this place and all, but he has been silent for a long while. He did make a thread asking how everyone was doing a while back, which garnered trust for him again, but that was a while ago. I think he's left the game, though, and I think Loony BoB has taken his role. Now if Cid's inactivity is any indication of suspicion, I think Loony BoB's over devotion by buying the town of EoFF is pretty suspicious too. Plus, he has spreadsheets for everything. Just what is he keeping track of in his spreadsheets if not all of the inner workings of the members of EoFF and who he can off (or ban as he says) without garnering much suspicion. He is one I think we should keep our eyes on pretty closely. I'm withholding my vote from him because I'm still not entirely sure. Just someone to think about.

The member I'm most sure of being mafia is clearly ToriJ though. I mean, look at how quickly he came into the forum and won the love and devotion of this place, including winning the Best Newbie Ciddie. He's even brought in FOUR new members since joining. If this isn't a mafia takeover, I don't know what is.

##Vote: ToriJ

I'd also like to point out that neither of these suspicious candidates have posted in this thread, making them even more suspicious.

Madonna
01-13-2014, 08:11 AM
guys idk whose scum tbh so im gonna vote jiro lol liek i did in taht on egame

##VOTE: Jiro

fallow my led gusy

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 04:55 PM
##Unvote: ToriJ

Breaking new evidence has popped up in my reputation comments. People have informed me that I am being tricky in my theatrics and that my post was indeed scummy. I never suspected that I could possibly be mafia scum, but the reputation comments pointed to me.

##Vote: Scotty_ffgamer

Citizen Bleys
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
##Vote: Scotty

Sheeping Scotty because he's a Fat Chocobo and we Fat Chocobos stick together.

Join us for great justice, unless of course you're a communist. You're not a communist, are you?

Shorty
01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Accusing everyone of being communists is the most scummy thing in this thread so far.

##unvote Yamaneko

##vote Citizen Bleys

Jiro
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Scotty is clearly a Jester, we should all unvote him.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Jiro just made a good point.

##UNVOTE: Scotty_ffgamer

##VOTE: Jiro

Citizen Bleys
01-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Accusing everyone of being communists is the most scummy thing in this thread so far.

##unvote Yamaneko

##vote Citizen Bleys

I didn't accuse everyone of being a communist, just everyone who doesn't sheep the FFXIV core. You dirty pinko swine.

##unvote
##Vote: Jiro

Still sheeping.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Guys we shouldn't just all mob vote on Jiro. The last time that happened, he died and he was innocent. Well, he was a Townie at least. He might have been guilty of something else as a Townie, but he wasn't Mafia.

##UNVOTE: Jiro

Who hasn't gotten votes at all throughout this game? Who has been slipping past our suspicions from the beginning of this forum-wide game?

##VOTE: Shorty

Shorty
01-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Scotty is clearly grasping blindly at straws because he feels the heat is on. Additionally, his recent surge in activity in the writing forum is highly suspicious and is worth pointing out. I am of the opinion that Scotty is trying to rally the capable literary members onto his side in order to use them as pawns in a less-than-desirable operation. The only explanation for all of this is that he is a lieutenant in Yamaneko's and Del Murder's abominable scheme. He must be taken out to prevent future atrocities against our good people.

I see your game, friend. You won't get away with it. Not while there are members like me around to spit in the face of injustice against The Town.

##unvote Citizen Bleys

##vote Scotty

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Okay, this is going to be a bold move, but I would like to role claim. I am the Mafia Secretary Who Likes To Do A Little Creative Writing On The Side. Shorty has seen through my moves in Timber Maniacs, and I am clearly amassing an army in the writing forum to take over the rest of the forums.

##Unvote: Shorty

##Vote: Scotty

Make of that what you will.

Citizen Bleys
01-13-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm not sheeping Scotty anymore, he changes his vote too much.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I learned my strategy from watching the greatest mafia player I've ever seen, Jiro. Of course, his strategy got himself killed on the first day.

Jiro
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
:shobon:

Scotty_ffgamer
01-15-2014, 06:06 AM
Did you like my role claim here. Coincidentally, I had just learned I was actually mafia in the other game just before posting that (though I was going to post it anyways). I'm the best mafia.

Shorty
01-15-2014, 06:07 AM
I don't know about the rest of you nerds, but I like Scotty's "throw all caution to the wind" strategies.

The Man
01-15-2014, 06:08 AM
##vote: lonny bob

obviously he bought eoff because he wants to do a scum takeover