PDA

View Full Version : Avs and Sigs

Night Fury
01-06-2014, 05:25 AM
Why do you choose the avatar and sigs that you do?

Most of them time, I choose pictures that are nice, but mostly I use characters who I feel I have lots in common with. At the moment it's Jesse Pinkman because we've been watching so much Breaking Bad and I'm totally in love with Aaron Paul. :heart:

I also change mine a lot usually once a month or so. But I do admire the people who never change them because it's like "omg you are literally always that av, it's so eoff iconic!" :lol: But I do like changing, mostly because I love making new sigs :D

I think I'm going to either be Jess from New Girl next or Rachel from Glee.... cannot decide! I would also at some point like to do a Sarah Walker set too.... ALL THE SETS!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-06-2014, 05:28 AM
Usually I jus make them.

Curently because others made them and they are AWESOME!

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 05:30 AM
I pick cute things that I like.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Usually I just pick something I like, simple as that. My first avatar was the Moomba which is one of my favorite creatures in Final Fantasy. They always intrigued me, and I love the design. I usually just pick whatever my current obsession is and use that as my avatar/sig (such as my Moss set from the IT Crowd) unless we're doing themed sets in the forums (such as my current Runaways thing I have going on).

I should try doing a set sometime that I find more meaningful.

radicaledward124
01-06-2014, 05:42 AM
I usually choose based on my faves at the time or how i've been feeling. I usually make mine but this time I just feel in love the with little running Ein and felt the need to use it. My siggy has some of my fave quotes on it from both myself and others. I don't change my avie around that much, but i do change my siggies around rather often, and in fact on several sites i have a rotation of them going.

escobert
01-06-2014, 05:42 AM
whatever floats my boat at the time.

theundeadhero
01-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Most of my signatures are just things I like or that make me laugh. A large majority of them were made in MSPaint, including this one.

Mo-Nercy
01-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Mostly just things that I like - but when the decision to change it up is usually quite a big one for me as it doesn't happen very often. I've had the current set for quite a long time now.

Sometimes it is just completely random. I had a sad apple as both my avatar and signature for a really long time. Boy, was he a downer.

Elskidor
01-06-2014, 06:24 AM
I like Final Fantasy and X-Men so it makes sense to me

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-06-2014, 06:28 AM
My avatar is my Final Fantasy oc from AOL rp rooms of old, an actual sprite from Final Fantasy 1, and kind of a grouchy mascot for me: The Black Magic shopkeeper!
If I didn't have him in my avatar it'd kind of defeat the point of my name.

And my sig is self-explanatory. Shameless advertisement of my webcomic!

So yeah.
I draw my sigs and avs because I can.

Jowy
01-06-2014, 06:37 AM
I like simple text based signatures.

Shorty
01-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Mine are primarily red-headed female characters I identify with.

I had Lulu for about seven or eight years or something. Comparatively, I change super often now.

edit: Also, powerful female icons who appeal to me. I am flirting with either a Jane Winslett-Richardson set or a Julie Winters set as next!

Calliope
01-06-2014, 06:44 AM
In my old age, I now change mine every so often (Garnet with a fedora, Elisa Maza, Sandshrew), but I always default back to Garnet. My current one is pretty badass though.

Yamaneko
01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm partial to my signature because of the time and effort that went into creating it.

edczxcvbnm
01-06-2014, 07:44 AM
I made my avatar many many moons ago and now I don't give a shit to change my obviously out of date signature. Maybe when the picture stops working I will do something about it...but until then I will keep it as it stands; just like the clocks I don't change the time on when daylight savings time rolls around.

Shauna
01-06-2014, 10:37 AM
I don't change my set often at all. I had my Spongebob one for yeeeeaaaars. But, after like 4 years of not being around, I decided it was time for a change.

How I pick what the content is? It is a long and difficult decision. I think I told you that I wanted a new set about a month and a half before I actually decided what I wanted to change it to. It is usually some piece of media that I enjoy and also something that I feel would make an enjoyable-to-look-at image.

Jiro
01-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I pick whatever I feel like. I try to pick characters I like or that I relate to or whatever. Themes are nice too. I also like to participate in whatever plans Proto cooks up because his signatures are always ace.

Generally I make my own signatures but that's not always the case and "make" has never been anything too impressive.

Cloudane
01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
It's just whatever I happen to be the biggest fan of at the time. I've used Naruto and such like in the past.

Currently I'm a massive raging brony, so Cloudpony.

Minami
01-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Its usually something i'm obsessed with at the time. My current set i made ages ago though for a different forum i used to go to. I'm wanting to make a new Harry Potter set sometime though but will have to wait till i've fixed my desktop

Shaibana
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
same as Minami.
i choose my avater/sig on what im obsessed with at the moment.
I am/was bussy with an eeveelution team.
and at the moment im playing Crisis Core again... so.. tadaaa

Parker
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
i like my sig because it has shiny and an imgur filter and rantz in it

Jessweeee♪
01-07-2014, 12:53 AM
I just find pictures on the internet of things that I like. Right now it's Ghost Trick sprites. Lots of times it's hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic.

escobert
01-07-2014, 01:27 AM
My avatar is my Final Fantasy oc from AOL rp rooms of old, an actual sprite from Final Fantasy 1, and kind of a grouchy mascot for me: The Black Magic shopkeeper!
If I didn't have him in my avatar it'd kind of defeat the point of my name.

And my sig is self-explanatory. Shameless advertisement of my webcomic!

So yeah.
I draw my sigs and avs because I can.

You should draw me a bad ass Jedi Jawa for a sig/av set ;) I love u long tym

Hollycat
01-07-2014, 01:55 AM
uh.... I change it at my every whim.

Madame Adequate
01-07-2014, 01:57 AM
GOOMY

Agent Proto
01-07-2014, 02:00 AM
I usually pick something that I find cool, or is relevant to my interests at the moment.

TrollHunter
01-07-2014, 02:12 AM
For my sig I tend to just cycle through my endless supply of weird and stupid gifs.

For my avatar I tend to stick with a character that I like or can relate to. These rarely change, but I do mix it up from time to time.
I try to keep the weird primarily in my sig if at all possible.

Ayen
01-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Because I like them.

I'm so boring and unoriginal.

Freya
01-07-2014, 07:17 AM
I like cute things. :gator:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Whenever I feel I want to make a new set I'll just pick something based off of "hmm, that looks good". I also try to make my user title relate to my set on some level. I had a Daryl Dixon set for the newest season of The Walking Dead which i'll probably bring back for the second half of the season.

Coincidentally I made my current set the month after superhero month.

I occasional bring back the Squall & Rinoa signature that Xander made for me years ago. It's probably my overall favorite. :monster:

Parker
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I dislike my av and sig

Spooniest
01-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Because a samurai fears not death,
Struggles to triumph over evil,
And lives for one purpose...

Faris
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I can't be bothered to do something original or show off my interests in my sig+av so I just stick to FFV Faris related things. Makes it easier on my indecision as well.

fire_of_avalon
01-09-2014, 02:36 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17t968ktby37igif/original.gif

Heath
01-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Back in the day I could be bothered having reasonable signatures, and I quite liked the Chrono Trigger villains one that I had for ages. If only for the romance I felt was blooming between Dalton and Flea.

However these days I'm too cool lazy to have a signature. And I have an avatar of Snowy from Tin Tin looking like an alcoholic because that's just the kinda guy I am.

Araciel
01-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Mog is cool as fuck

Sigs are not.

Fuzakeru
01-11-2014, 06:08 PM
It is typically whatever thing I'm really in to at the moment. The current flavor is Frozen! YEAH! :D

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 06:17 PM
My Cait Sith set I did myself, cuz I love Cait Sith and I feel we're very similar personality wise.

I want a Sailor Pluto set like Auly has/had... I -hate- trying to edit anime though and its near impossible to find good pics of Pluto.
I've always been fascinated with her though... Maybe because she's the Keeper of Time and I wish I could control time.... IDK.

I may switch it out soon and make am attempt at something different... Not sure yet, tho.

rubah
01-11-2014, 08:48 PM
resurrecting the best kind of signature

I turned sigs off a few years ago on eoff, and I got to say, i don't miss them, I'm just posting so you can enjoy mine. At least, what I imagine it looks like.

Pike
01-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Every six months or so I'll see something cute and go "hey that would be a neat avatar/sig on EoFF".

Sometimes I go with themes for a while; like I think I went at least a year and a half with just Twilight Sparkle sets one time.

I think I will do Charmander sets for a while now that everyone here seems to see me as one, which I'm okay with. http://i.imgur.com/QXpavBe.png

Karifean
01-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Almighty Shinra is awesome and has been my dominant avatar for quite a while now. I was kinda late changing it on EoFF as well since I also liked my previous avatar, a screenshot of Cloud using Omnislash. But yeah, Almighty Shinra, for being my favorite superboss AND party member.

My sig changes from time to time, whatever I feel like putting below my posts. ATM I'm immensely into Clannad, so I put Clannad stuff there. That's about it.

Crop
01-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Whatever I like at the time usually, but then I just get lazy and don't bother changing it. I haven't watched Tombstone in about a year now.

Tigmafuzz
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
boredom

also whatever faris tells me to do

Aulayna
01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
I usually just change mine based on what I like at the time (or if I'm just bored), or if I've agreed to do sets with someone (like the Glee one right now with Calli and Locky and before that the Sailor Moon ones). Somethings are easier to make sets with than others. ^^