PDA

View Full Version : Annoying

Shaibana
01-06-2014, 01:28 PM
what small habbits about your surrounding annoy you?

My mother always talks very soft to herself when she's on the ipad. and then all of the sudden she will be like '' what the hell is going on Now? '' when something goes wrong.

my dad always leaves the door open behind him.. ow god, the draft!

my sister is hardly home and when she is home she can do nothing but complain.. for the love of god cant you just stay away? and she has a hard time putting the lights off :l

Shorty
01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Anyone telling me something or telling me to do something more than once in the span of a short time bothers me greatly.

kotora
01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
I can't stand the majority of backpackers I run into. Little twats who think everything is either 'amazing' or 'inspiring', which is just backpacker-talk for 'nice view' and 'oh look, a poor person working hard'.

And then they go home and think they know the world and think it's all love and sunshine because they got offered tea everywhere they went :|

Shorty
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I would be the kind of traveler kotora wants to punch in the face.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Still shaking my head at this person.

Step 1) Brings their vehicle here, not knowing what's wrong, wanting me to fix it.

Step 2) Listens to my explanation of what is wrong, and disagrees with me because either they don't like the price, or they already read on Dr. Google what was wrong.

Step 3) Insists on fixing it their way. At this point I explain I'm no longer their auto tech, I'm the guy they have bolting parts on for them, i.e., not responsible.

Step 4) Fuss at me anyway when it doesn't work, and hint around that they shouldn't have to pay, or deserve a refund/discount. :|

Bubba
01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Aww man, I have loads but the main ones are

- People who eat with their mouth open
- Bad spelling and grammar
- People who believe that soup is a drink

Shaibana
01-06-2014, 02:50 PM
ppl who have to talk in the middle of the road or exit.
it anoyed the poop out of me in highschool. there was 1 exit gate for the bike's and there would always be a group standing in the middle of that exit.

edit:
forgot my biggest one:
kids on bike's, playing music through the speakers of theire phone :l
get some earbuds for the loev of god! we dnt want to hear yr music

Cuchulainn
01-06-2014, 03:02 PM
People. Just people. All of them.

Cloudane
01-06-2014, 04:30 PM
How long a list do you want haha

People at work who are always in a massive rush. And so they will

a) Pester me to do anything they want "ASAP" no matter how urgent it really is in the grand scheme of things, and want me to prioritise them over everyone else and

b) Do things so fast that it takes them longer. I sat and watched one of the culprits last week in a meeting - she is one of these who has to be talking and doing everything at 10 million miles per hour so she can be all showy with "look how busy I am and how much of a sense of urgency I have omgomgnotimetoputspacesbetweenwordsbusybusybusyletsgo!!"
The end result was that she kept mistyping and misclicking every couple of seconds and having to re-do things, and losing windows this way and that. So in the end it took longer than if she'd just slowed down and calmly showed what she wanted doing.

My mother always talks very soft to herself when she's on the ipad. and then all of the sudden she will be like '' what the hell is going on Now? '' when something goes wrong.

Haha, my mum does exactly that as well, but mostly on the desktop. She rarely directly asks for help, and also chunters away constantly (when nothing's wrong, she just has a habit of talking to herself a lot) to the point you end up sort of tuning it out. Sometimes I may notice the slightly louder "what's going on here?", but more often than not I'll not notice until it's escalated to a loud and hinty "SIGH..." :p

Calliope
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
1) Someone emailing you, and then calling five minutes later to say "Did you get my email?". Whenever I've worked in offices, this was the norm and I hated it.

2) People hovering around or reaching over me, without even bothering to say, "Excuse me"

3) People who take ten minutes to say something that should only take one sentence, or people who drag out phone conversations way too long after I've already said "Okay, I have to go now" or "Well, bye, I have to to go" repeatedly

4) People who start a sentence with "I'm wondering if you can help me" or "Can I ask you a question?" or begin to leave a voicemail by stating the date and time

5) People who say "We should hang out soon!" and then don't respond to your specific invitations to hang out

Ugh, people are so redundant and inefficient, maybe I won't leave the house today. Then again, I'm just tired of pandering to self-absorbed people in general. #NoTimewasters2014

Pumpkin
01-06-2014, 06:33 PM
People who assume I say aboot and eh because I'm Canadian. It gets really annoying. Especially when they start out by laughing and they're like "Hey, *chucklechuckle* say about." And I say about and they look disappointed because they can't laugh at me. It upsets me. Especially since I live in South Carolina and most people here have a very thick accent an mine is pretty mild. I've heard people around here say eh more than I do, I've never heard anyone personally to say aboot, and we call our bacon bacon and our ham ham.

I don't mind friends or whatever joking around with me but when it's people I don't even know who are basically just trying to make fun of me, it is very annoying.

Calliope
01-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Oh my god

1) Any time someone asks me to "say something" in my "accent"

2) Any time someone asks me totally bizarre and exoticized questions like "What kind of crops do you grow in your country?", "What is it like in your small country?", "What kinds of food do they eat there?" or even "Does everyone walk like you in your country?"

3) Any time someone asks me "So what are you?" or "What tribe are you from?"

4) When someone asks where I am from and after I reply they say "Oh! I know someone from/have been to/my family has been to Australia!", or "OH MAN I LOVE LOTR!" or "OMG I love Flight of the Conchords!"

5) Any time someone from back home says "You sound American now"

6) When people who read my writing complain about my using "foreign words"

7) Basically any time people at my workplace act like it's superior and cutting edge simply for being American, when they are actually streets behind developments I helped implement at my former workplace seven years ago :roll2

8) Any time someone acts like their taste in or consumption of media somehow correlates to how good a person they are

9) Any time someone berates someone else for not having encountered some kind of media before - sorry, I just haven't had time to read every book and watch every film ever made

10) People who like to bore the rest of us with constant updates about what they are eating or how much they are exercising. I just brushed my teeth and took my vitamins, do you want me to instagram that, too?

It's Monday. I'm pissed off. Look out, idiots.

Cloudane
01-07-2014, 10:33 AM
1) Someone emailing you, and then calling five minutes later to say "Did you get my email?". Whenever I've worked in offices, this was the norm and I hated it.

This happens here as well, or there's one here who will often send a follow-up email maybe half an hour later saying "sorry to push, but please can you answer this?"

dghffhfdfsdjkfsd EMAIL IS NOT IM... if it's that urgent you're going to get tetchy if you don't get an answer straight away then pick up the phone, or walk across the office and talk to me!

3) Any time someone asks me "So what are you?" or "What tribe are you from?

DWynJkN5HbQ

blackmage_nuke
01-07-2014, 01:48 PM
kids on bike's, playing music through the speakers of theire phone :l
get some earbuds for the loev of god! we dnt want to hear yr music

Earbuds can be dangerous as they might not hear cars. But yea it doesnt need to be so loud

2) People hovering around or reaching over me, without even bothering to say, "Excuse me"

I do this because I dont want to rush whoever it is im hovering around to access whatever theyre blocking. (I will say excuse me if i need to reach over though)

Spooniest
01-07-2014, 01:57 PM
- People who talk over movies I haven't seen before.

- Generally people's tendency to babble and reiterate things that they've already said for no reason than to be hearing air escaping from their own mouth.

- Bullshitters.

Shaibana
01-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Earbuds can be dangerous as they might not hear cars. But yea it doesnt need to be so loud

just dont put the music That loud, or put in 1 earbud!

Shiny
01-07-2014, 02:34 PM
General unnecessary noise pollution annoys me like when people have loud personal conversations in public or play games on their phone really loudly without headphones .

Also tourist between the hours of 5pm and 7pm. If you are a tourist and are walking about please kindly get the smurf out of the way.

When people change my last name to something Hispanic sounding or ask me what I am. I'm sorry, racist I didn't realize I had to give a mini autobiography to you.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Jess
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Rude people. If I hold a door open for somebody, or let them out of a junction in traffic when it's my right of way and they don't even say thank you.... Arghhhhh! Just infuriating.

Shoulder surfers! If I'm on my lunch break & reading.... "Oooh, what are you reading?" ... "What does that say?" ... "What's it about" ... "Is it any good?" Please stop reading over my shoulder & let me read in peace!

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2014, 08:42 PM
let them out of a junction in traffic when it's my right of way and they don't even say thank you!

What annoys me is when they have a tinted rearwindow so I cant see if they give a wave and know if I just helped out an asshole or not. Then I cant even release my bottled up hate.

Minami
01-08-2014, 11:02 PM
People who expect me to serve them while they are on their phone
People who speak to me like i don't understand English because i work in a Chinese take away(usually over the phone)
People who put the money on the counter when my hand is obviously being held out for it and not just for fun
People who don't know how to say please and thanks
People who overtake me when i'm driving at the speed limit

Slothy
01-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Anyone telling me something or telling me to do something more than once in the span of a short time bothers me greatly.

The former is annoying. The latter is a good way to get me to not do something.

For me, it's sitting next to my dad when he's eating. The sounds that that man makes make me want to peel the skin off of my face.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Audible eaters just...

Shaibana
01-09-2014, 12:06 PM
iew yes, thats disgusting.

when my mother looks over my shoulder to see what i doing.
it doesnt mather what i do, but i just cant stand it

Ayen
01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Chewing.

My mom laughing really loud when she has her headset on not knowing how incredibly loud she's being.

escobert
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
People not cleaning up after themselves at work. Or taking a tool and not putting it bacl or asking so I spend 20 minutes looking for it.

Araciel
01-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I'mma start doing all of these things.

Shaibana
01-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I'mma start doing all of these things.

good thing you dont live in 99% of the ppl neighbourhood here

Araciel
01-10-2014, 04:53 PM
In all honesty though, when someone asks me to explain something then interrupts my explanation to ask a follow-up question before I get to the part where I explain that as well.

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2014, 05:22 PM
This pretty much never happens in my adult life anymore but my biggest pet peeve was people lecturing me about how late I'm running before I get to the thing they think I'm going to be late to. No, I purposely timed things so I'd get there on time and not more than five minutes sooner AND NOW YOU ARE MAKING ME LATE. Why try so hard to give me this strong sense of urgency and then trap me right in front of you? When I was living with a boyfriend in Florida I had a hair appointment for a place just a block away from the house. I could leave the house at 11:00 and get there before 11:01. I left like, idk, two minutes before and his dad stopped me to go on this big tirade about how disrespectful I'm being to the hair ladies or something I don't even remember so I cut him off mid-sentence to say something snippy like "I need to go right now and I'll be on time, I don't have time for the lecture." Then he showed up at the salon while my hair was being cut so he could yell at my boyfriend about how disrespectful I was to him.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
People who interact with me in a virtual manner nearly every day who consistently cannot seem to spell my name correctly. Why. It's right there in front of your stupid face!

Scotty_ffgamer
01-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm the one who puts up leftovers every night and does the dishes, which is fine. However, we have this problem in my house where we have a bunch of plastic containers with a bunch of lids, and none of them seem to go together (I'm pretty sure my parents at times throw out some of the containers but just leave the lids in the cabinet). We have the same 4 or so containers that I know have a lid for them that we rotate through each night and I keep them where I have easy access to them. However, someone always moves them and I have to spend 10 minutes almost every night looking for the lid for each container. It's annoying.

Jiro
01-11-2014, 01:23 AM
People who interact with me in a virtual manner nearly every day who consistently cannot seem to spell my name correctly. Why. It's right there in front of your stupid face!

Oh god. OH GOD.

I SIGNED MY EMAIL WITH DAKODA. MY FACEBOOK NAME IS DAKODA. DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL MY OWN NAME? I WILL FUCKING END YOUR LIFE. This is not merely a "pet peeve" of mine I will legitimately murder people who do this consistently when they should know better. Everyone gets one chance -- ONE CHANCE -- to be corrected. Then you learn or you die.

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Arther. Aurther. Auther. Authur. Aethur. Reese. Reece. Rice. "Reeeeeeeez".

NO. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

Shorty
01-11-2014, 01:32 AM
In the Game of Names you learn or you die.

Ayen
01-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Sarah isn't spelt with an E?

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2014, 04:49 AM
I once knew a Jezzica

Shorty
01-11-2014, 04:50 AM
I know a Jesica. How does that make you feel?

Sarah isn't spelt with an E?

:aimmad::aimmad::aimmad::aimmad::aimmad::aimmad:

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 04:51 AM
People call me Ashley a lot, which gets annoying. Or people who mispronounce my last name (which is fine) but insist they are pronouncing it correctly.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-11-2014, 05:23 AM
On the topic of names, people never call me Scott. No matter where I go, I end up around people that vaguely (but don't really) look like me, and so people just mistake me for them. In high school, it was Zach or Jeff. Never Scott. I remember when conversation where people brought this up at the lunch table, and the conversation ended with my oldest friend saying "Don't worry, I know who you are Zach." And she wasn't doing it on purpose. That is my life.

Other people I have been: Chad, Chris, Nathan... probably some others.

Jiro
01-11-2014, 12:22 PM

I could maybe understand problems with your last name (I have no idea how it is pronounced) but Arthur is like, super obvious. Surely even China knows about KING ARTHUR like come on /cultural insensitivity

Shaibana
01-11-2014, 12:41 PM
some1 at a game who knows my name suddenly started calling be Rebecca xD

Bubba
01-11-2014, 12:54 PM
People who hold open a door for me when I'm a full ten yards away. I understand that they are just trying to be nice, but it forces me to break into a run to accept their gesture.

I have been capable of opening doors for quite a long time now and am fully versed in the challenges that they present.

Heath
01-11-2014, 01:00 PM
People who hold open a door for me when I'm a full ten yards away. I understand that they are just trying to be nice, but it forces me to break into a run to accept their gesture.

I have been capable of opening doors for quite a long time now and am fully versed in the challenges that they present.

I am one of those people. In my defence, I do it because I worry it'll look rude if I don't hold it open. If it's any consolation, I usually find that moment between me grabbing the door, and waiting for the person to get to it, incredibly awkward. Surely that's punishment enough?

Shaibana
01-11-2014, 01:03 PM

I am one of those people. In my defence, I do it because I worry it'll look rude if I don't hold it open. If it's any consolation, I usually find that moment between me grabbing the door, and waiting for the person to get to it, incredibly awkward. Surely that's punishment enough?

i quit agree with u..

and sometimes its a guess, if you let the door go it will problably fall so slow back that it will slam in the face of the person behind u, making you feel like an asshole :P and if you hold it, you'll have to hold it a little bit longer then you want xD

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2014, 01:23 PM

I could maybe understand problems with your last name (I have no idea how it is pronounced) but Arthur is like, super obvious. Surely even China knows about KING ARTHUR like come on /cultural insensitivity

All of the examples given were made by English people in England. :|

My favourite Chinglish pronunciation of my name is "Arsehole".

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-11-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm too used to people misspelling/mispronouncing my name to worry about it anymore... what bothers me is when the person who learns the true spelling of my name asks, "Is that the Anglicized version or something?"
NO.
IT'S PRACTICALLY THE ORIGINAL SPELLING YOU FOOL.
All you need is to add the H after the G and you're all set!
...Actually it's debatable as to whether Brigid or Brighid is the real original.
But don't get me all wound up!

Bubba
01-11-2014, 01:35 PM

i quit agree with u..

and sometimes its a guess, if you let the door go it will problably fall so slow back that it will slam in the face of the person behind u, making you feel like an asshole :P and if you hold it, you'll have to hold it a little bit longer then you want xD

I have nothing against the gesture, it's good manners. If someone was just behind me I'd hold the door open for them too. It's just when it's a certain distance and if you don't break into a little run the person holding the door would probably get a bit annoyed.

Cloudane
01-11-2014, 01:47 PM
People who finish my sentences for me if I ever pause for more than 0.000001 of a second. What's the hurry?
I often deal with someone on the phone with a severe stammer who takes about 10-15 seconds to say hello. I wait until he's finished and say hi back. It's not hard, the world's probably not ending tomorrow.

Oh yes this, the whole "door holding" ritual bugs me, and that "breaking out into a run" thing happens a LOT at our workplace just outside my office. It's very distracting hearing "THUDATHUDATHUDATHUDATHUDA!" as someone runs for the door. Sure, if it's likely to slam someone in the face, it's probably best to hold it. But I think people need to accept that it's ok to let go if the other person is a mile behind. I'm sure we can all manage the gargantuan effort of opening a door.

Bubba
01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Oh yes this, the whole "door holding" ritual bugs me, and that "breaking out into a run" thing happens a LOT at our workplace just outside my office. It's very distracting hearing "THUDATHUDATHUDATHUDATHUDA!" as someone runs for the door. Sure, if it's likely to slam someone in the face, it's probably best to hold it. But I think people need to accept that it's ok to let go if the other person is a mile behind. I'm sure we can all manage the gargantuan effort of opening a door.

Exactly.

It is a nice polite gesture and I understand that... though I don't see why we should have a problem letting a door swing back into someone's face... unless it was a particularly heavy door. Most people have the common sense not to use their face to open a door. Arms can be extremely useful in this situation.

If it was a person with no arms then I'd be happy to hold it for a few more seconds.

Fuzakeru
01-11-2014, 04:57 PM
My last name is Babb. Not Babbs. Not Babe. Stop it. There are two letters. How can you even mess that up?

Shaibana
01-14-2014, 02:55 PM
so im just sitting in the living room, painting a little when i hear some music outside.
at first i thought: a car, but i didnt hear the car itself.
the music went louder and i saw a young man at out door to push some commercial-stuff thought the door-thing.

Seriously?? are you kidding me? he delivers his stuff and doesnt bother to get some earbuds? get the freaking hell out of here :l

Jiro
01-15-2014, 03:35 AM

All of the examples given were made by English people in England. :|

My favourite Chinglish pronunciation of my name is "Arsehole".

No way. Fuck me sideways, what is wrong with the motherland