PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we don't have an Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag thread

Pike
01-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Other than HC's review thread which is filled with spoilers and I'm still playing.

I can't be the only person who has been playing this game. Holy good lord it's so much fun. You can come out of the water like a shark and then scale a boat and jump on two guys and stab them in the backs at the same time, then climb the mast and start shooting people in the head.

In other words it's freaking great.

Also I steered a pirate ship through a hurricane whilst fighting off the Spanish Armada and it was the most intense experience I've had in gaming in months.

Like seriously this game is a boatload (lol) of fun so let's talk about it.

Ayen
01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't have the disposable income to buy most new games that come out so I won't be playing this until a price drop happens, which works for me since I want to play III first anyway.

Shaibana
01-07-2014, 02:31 PM
this game is AWESOME!
the end is very cute :3

they really nailed the boat-combat exerpience

its funny how altair, ezio and connor all fight for justice, honor etc etc..
and Edward? ...booty xD

i felt so lost when i finished this game :l

Pike
01-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't have the disposable income to buy most new games that come out

Me neither, but I got lucky and exchanged a duplicate Christmas gift for it.

Great decision, me! I can't get over how fun this game is.

Psychotic
01-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I got it for Christmas! It is bloody amazing. Have some random thoughts.

Last night I had to play "You are a Pirate" in the background while assaulting a fort. I started it when I began the mission and it ended right as I beat it. I felt pleased.
I was wandering out in the ocean, saw a red thing on my map and had to investigate. Legendary ships? Two level 75 Man of Wars? Good. Lord. Of course, I didn't turn and run the other way. I stood and fought. I lasted a surprisingly long time and landed a few good blows on them but it didn't make much of a dent. And they massacred me, of course.
Harpooning is a lot of fun. That's all I got on that.
I love randomly smashing into Gun Boats or Schooners at full speed with my ram, it utterly wrecks them.
The mortar is a thing of beauty.
I came across a random Spanish treasure ship with 10,000 Reales last night! It made my day!
OH! Does anyone come across random Level 17 British brigs with no cargo at all, seemingly uncrewed and not moving? Sometimes boardable, sometimes not. I've seen 5 or 6 now. What's that all about?

Shaibana
01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
if you are still playing, then i have something i want you to investigate :D

assassins creed Black flag - Blogs - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://home.eyesonff.com/blogs/34877/blog1589.html)

Pete for President
01-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Heard a lot of good things about this game. Not a fan of the series, but a respected game critic I usually agree with put it in his top 10 of 2013 saying: the sun is shining and you're a pirate, what else do you want?

Might get it out of a budget bin sometime.

Madame Adequate
01-07-2014, 08:05 PM
I want this game but I do not believe I could bring myself to play as a Welshman. :(

Slothy
01-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I watched my brother in law play this a bit over christmas. It looked like so much fun during the sailing parts that I wish it weren't an Assassin's Creed game.

Psychotic
01-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I watched my brother in law play this a bit over christmas. It looked like so much fun during the sailing parts that I wish it weren't an Assassin's Creed game.It's the least Assassin's Creedy Assassin's Creed, if it helps. I have to give them some credit for taking a somewhat different direction rather than the annual release of the same game.

Also just did one of the major assassinations on a ship and just hid in the rigging, spamming berserk darts from my blowpipe. An all out brawl ensued and the assassination target was killed by someone else, yet I still got the cutscene like Kenway killed him. In a way, I guess he did. Whattup, pyrate lyfe :smug:

Del Murder
01-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm holding out for when I get a PS4 since I don't have enough time to play this as it is. :3:

Slothy
01-07-2014, 10:35 PM
I watched my brother in law play this a bit over christmas. It looked like so much fun during the sailing parts that I wish it weren't an Assassin's Creed game.It's the least Assassin's Creedy Assassin's Creed, if it helps. I have to give them some credit for taking a somewhat different direction rather than the annual release of the same game.

I get that, but I was sick of the usual Assassin's Creed gameplay and story around the halfway point of AC:R. I'd have preferred it if this was just a new game/series entirely so it wouldn't be carrying that baggage that puts me off now.

I might get it in a few years when it's $20 or something though, just for the piracy.

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2014, 03:53 AM
I'll get a pirated copy.

Shaibana
01-08-2014, 11:20 AM
but seriously guys.. the coordinates in my previous message..

someone.. check them :o

Tasura
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM

I replied to your blog with the answer =P.

Shaibana
01-08-2014, 05:28 PM

I replied to your blog with the answer =P.
a
lrighty then! ty! :P

Madame Adequate
01-08-2014, 11:32 PM
I caved into the words of Pike and Psy and bought it. It's downloading right now, but I'm so spoiled by modernity that the 2 1/2 hour wait for the download is killing me.

Edit: It downloaded and I just spent a couple hours playing it and I am a pirate and why is this game so great, all I am doing is dicking around Havana wooing the lovely Spanish ladies, killing soldiers, and repeatedly breaking into the Castillo because I can. This is a AC I > II situation all over again, and having gone through Altair, Ezio, Connor, and now Edward, I'm really starting to feel that the main character is a vitally important part of making a great AC. Ezio is basically Casanova with lots of daggers broing up with Leonardo da Vinci and Edward Kenway is a pirate who is possibly the greatest conman since Lyle Lanley.

Psychotic
01-09-2014, 10:45 AM
I like the con because the name Duncan Walpole sounds like it should be innuendo or a double entendre.

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2014, 02:47 PM
I had no interest in this game and now I have a bucketload of interest in this game but no outlet in which to channel that interest.

Gott verdammt. :(

Madame Adequate
01-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah now that I have a boat and the world has opened up this is actually the best game ever

Pike
01-11-2014, 01:55 AM
In a world where Grand Theft Auto exists this might still be the manliest game of all time.

I mean, Edward Kenway just ripped off his shirt, jumped down into a flimsy rowboat, and killed a shark by chucking spears at it.

Psychotic
01-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Just saw in Kingston what appeared to be a man surrounded by a crowd shouting "EVERYTHING MUST GO! IT'S ALL FOR SALE" and then he was waving one of the crowd's arm in the air and I realised all of the crowd were black and had manacles. What the fuck, Ubisoft xD I mean look, I know slavery existed and there's slave characters and plenty of references to slaving but I dunno man, having a random NPC spawn of this is a bit close to the knuckle, isn't it? Regardless, I shot the man in the head and ignored the warning about killing "innocents".