PDA

View Full Version : infamous: second son

Jowy
01-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Hey look, there's my workplace:

?inFamous: Second Son? trophy data will help shape future games in the series - National Console Game | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/infamous-second-son-trophy-data-will-help-shape-future-games-the-series)

I've never played any of the other games in the series, but this game's sparked an interest. What is the gameplay similar to? More importantly, are they any good?

Bolivar
01-08-2014, 02:42 PM
I haven't played infamous 2 but the first one was very good. They're open world super hero games so if you played spider man 2 or Prototype you should know what you're in for. If not, picture GTA with super powers. The series is also renowned for its unfathomably smooth and fluid game play. You truly have to play the games to appreciate just how slick it is.

One of my favorite new lPs to come out of next gen.

Mo-Nercy
01-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I've played both InFamous 1 and 2. Both are awesome. It's a sandbox game with a bit of third person shooter-ism to it, except guns are substituted with superpowers. The story was great in both PS3 games and the alternate endings add replayability (you get the choice to be 'good' or 'bad').

From what I know of Second Son, the protagonist isn't Cole MacGrath, so I'm interested to see what powers are unveiled. The best parts of the InFamous games are unlocking a new power and proceeding to muck around with it.