PDA

View Full Version : If a spider fell in your lap while you were driving would you scream like a girl

Pike
01-08-2014, 06:37 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr07/15/19/anigif_enhanced-buzz-8916-1387154352-20.gif

Because I would and I need to know that I'm not alone.

Pumpkin
01-08-2014, 06:46 PM
I would be startled, but I actually manage to be a calmer person when I am driving than I usually am, so I would probably not scream.

Slothy
01-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Would I scream and freak out? Probably not. Would I be swatting that thing away and be terrified just the same, and probably pull over to make sure it's dead? Absolutely.

Spuuky
01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I'd wonder what had gone so wrong in my life that I'd ended up living somewhere with spiders that size.

Slothy
01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
It's called moving to Australia if I'm not mistaken.

Hollycat
01-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Not unless it burst open and released a swarm of mini spiders wearing clown suits. Maybe not even then. I can't actually remember ever screaming.

escobert
01-08-2014, 07:04 PM
no. I wouldn't be stoked but I would try my best to not kill it while getting it off me and out of the car.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I'd be startled initially and most likely yell out in surprise but as long as it didnt skitter around quickly onto my actual skin (I usually wear long trousers and a jacket) I think I'd be able to calm down after a few seconds, pull over and shake it off. If it crawls into my clothes I might panic more.

Parker
01-08-2014, 07:13 PM
i don't drive

Mirage
01-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Depends on how big it is. If it's no larger than one of my fingernails, nope.

Jess
01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
I'd totally freak out. I'm petrified of spiders :(

Jiro
01-09-2014, 12:57 AM
If a spider fell on my lap I would resign myself to death. Everybody's luck runs out eventually. I'd just be thankful it wasn't a drop bear.

fire_of_avalon
01-09-2014, 02:26 AM
This has happened before and I swatted and jumped and wiggled the car a little.

Night Fury
01-09-2014, 03:56 AM
That is a huntsman spider and they are the worst. They like to hang around in cars sometimes. It does happen and if one fell on me I'd be freaked and I don't know what I'd do at all. I would probably scream a bit but pull myself together until I got to the nearest pull over place and then I'd freak out fully.

Also, it's probably not going to drop onto you like that, there's a higher chance it's going to climb up the back of your chair and onto your shoulder, or crawl across you in some other way.

Slothy
01-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Also, it's probably not going to drop onto you like that, there's a higher chance it's going to climb up the back of your chair and onto your shoulder, or crawl across you in some other way.

Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking!

The Man
01-09-2014, 04:17 AM
This has happened to me and I did freak out. Luckily there was no one near me in traffic.

I'm not scared of most insects or anything, but we have several species of poisonous spider in Florida and I'm not very good at telling them from the others.

Shlup
01-09-2014, 04:23 AM
I feel like I should let you know how tempted I am to delete this thread and run away.

One time a spider came down from the ceiling of my car and I saw it out of the corner of my eye and I almost crashed and I totally would have died. It was a liiiiiiiittle baby spider.

Shorty
01-09-2014, 04:25 AM
I'm not afraid of spiders, but I'd be afraid of a creature that size dropping onto me from above.

If it was a normal non-devil satan giant spider like that, I'd just do what foa did and forget about it in twenty minutes.

Carl the Llama
01-09-2014, 06:47 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr07/15/19/anigif_enhanced-buzz-8916-1387154352-20.gif

Because I would and I need to know that I'm not alone.

MFW http://i.imgur.com/RFD5Qcs.gif

Placed behind spoiler tags where it belongs!!!

maybee
01-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Not to be rude or anything, but there's some folks with some serious phobia's out there, with Spiders being one of the most common, wish that the pictures, gifs, info about how this Spider does that etc of Spiders couldn't of been spoiler tag to respect those who are really scared of these 8-legged guys.

Just saying.

disappointed in you sons.

I would most likely try and stay calm, and then brush the thing off, and then get back inside, and then when get home, bug spray the car just in case it's still about.

Bubba
01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
If there were people in the car with me I'd act like it was the most natural thing in the world. I'd politely ask a passenger to remove it or pull over and do it myself.

If I was on my own I would most likely squeal like a little girl and drive into a tree.

Shauna
01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
If it were a regular sized spider, I'd be alright, brush it off nice and easy. I ain't afraid of no spider.

Spooniest
01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
If it were me, no matter what it was, it would be dead before I had time to scream. I can't stand bugs.

Brush it off, shyeah.

Ayen
01-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I'd swerve, crash, go to court and be told by the judge I'm guilty until proven innocent when it should be the other way around.

Tavaryn
01-12-2014, 06:04 PM
I actually dealt with my arachnophobia on a trip last summer.

I left the house 'cause I was hot and the front yard of this place I was at had a tree that was COVERED in spiders. Not hyperbole. Like, this pine tree was completely conical from all the spider webs on it, and each web had its own individual spider. Worst thing for a severe arachnophobe to find when in space, right? Wrong! It lead me to the realization of the place that spiders have in the circle of life and death (or some bs like that) and tl;dr I don't hate spiders anymore. :D

Madame Adequate
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
A regular one, probably not. A big fucker like that? Yeah I'd scream like a girl and probably crash the car.

Lonely Paper Star
01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
For that kind of spider, I'd probably swerve onto the side of the road (hopefully not hitting anything on the way) and get out of the car freaking the smurf out.

NeoExdeath
01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
As someone born, raised and currently residing in Australia, I can confirm this as factual.

Jiro
01-13-2014, 01:35 AM
As someone born, raised and currently residing in Australia, I can confirm this as factual.

How did I not know you were an Australian?!?!

Madonna
01-13-2014, 05:37 AM
You are in charge of an automobile; you do not have the option to freak out. Crush it by punching yourself in the nuts and carry on.

Botchmun
01-13-2014, 10:51 AM
So I was up island from where I live, staying at a lovely lake and enjoying the scenery. There's something red at the corner of my eye. I take a sip of my drink and try to see it but it turns when I turn my head. I reach up and feel something warm and not-metal on my glasses, so I take my glasses off. Bright red big spider on my glasses, centimeters from my eyeball. "Oh, sweet!" I coax it off my glasses and examine it. A friend crushes the spider on callous instinct so I bum-rush him off the dock and into the water.

Doing yard work back home, huge-ass (Seriously, dat abdomen) spider making a web right in my way. I take the damn thing on my hand and move it to another part of the house 'cuz I don't wanna keep walking into the webs its making.

Takin' la poops, notice black spot on floor moving. OMG JUMPING SPIDER! I pick it up and make it jump from one hand to the other then put it outside so no one kills it.

Had a HUGE spider in my room as a roomie, I think it was just a house spider since it made no webs, primarily travelled the floor, and was so big that when I turned the lights on he didn't scamper to cover, he just turned slightly and walked a little slower as if to say "DEAL WITH IT." I declared him my bro and stopped people from hurting it. I almost cried when I accidentally stepped on him one night.

I used to be an arachnohobic like you. But then I took a spider as a friend. Also I'm covered with spider bites and there's one creeping up your pants leg right now, you can totally feel the mild itch of it getting higher higher, just moving over you, legs grazing your shin, working up to your knee.

NeoExdeath
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM

How did I not know you were an Australian?!?!

Melbourne ftw.

Shaibana
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
i'd problably crash my car wit a barrol rol.
somehow drop out of my car in complete panic and scream my lungs out while stumble and roll on the floor

LunarWeaver
01-13-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm sure I'd be too drunk to mind.

Shiny
01-13-2014, 07:11 PM
If the spider looked anything like it did in the original post, I absolutely would scream. GET IT AWAY!

Aulayna
01-13-2014, 08:26 PM
If I could drive, which I can't, and that happened to me - then I would probably freak out big time, likely crash the car in the process and then set the damn thing on fire just to make sure! Then beeline as far away as I could to the closest place I'd feel remotely safe and then freak the hell out.

Then I'd go to the pub. Down probably an entire bottle of Vodka. Get arrested by the police for crashing a car and setting it on fire and then probably get put on community service and given an ASBO.

Somewhere amongst all that I probably would have troutted myself too

Botchmun
01-13-2014, 11:19 PM
we have several species of poisonous spider in Florida and I'm not very good at telling them from the others.

Florida... there are fiddleback spiders in Florida aren't there? Things like the Brown Recluse? Those would probably curb my Irwin-esque hands on approach to arachnids slightly. But only slightly. Scariest thing in my neck of the woods are black widows but Brown Recluses make my jaw drop what with the flesh necrosis.