A name that I, your humble chorus, would not self-apply
In homelands mine; but, then
We stray now from fair Albion and from France
And see no Queen of bawdy songs and cheers
And in an angel's city take our chance
For stupefying tales to take our ears.
To war on Arab kings acoast we go,
Needing a man of times, though hero not;
Hear me call him not hero; what's in a hero?
Sometimes there's a man, your prologue's thought.
The Knave, though scarcely man of honour'd grace,
Nor god Olympian, nor yet employ'd,
Was nonetheless for all his time and place,
The man befits the circle he's enjoy'd.
A man of lazy ways, of epic sloth;
But, losing train of thought, I've spake enough!

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:
Jinx
Laddy Scotty_ffgamer
I Took the Red Pill
edczxcvbnm Endless
Jessweeee♪
Jiro
Shorty
Madonna
shion

Still Alive
Laddy Scotty_ffgamer
Jessweeee♪

Jiro, Woo, Vanilla Townie, Lynched D1
Shorty, Sir Geoffrey of Lebowski, Vanilla Townie , Shot N1
I Took the Red Pill, Jacques Treehorn, Mafia Rolecop, Lynched D2
Madonna, Bonnie Lebowski, Vanilla Townie, Shot N2
Jinx, Geoffrey "The Knave" Lebowski, Town Jailkeeper, Lynched D3
Endless, Sir Donald of Greece, Vanilla Townie, Shot N3
shion, Maude Lebowski, Vanilla Townie

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 03:17 AM
Game Rules

General Rules
1. Play to your win condition
2. All EoFF-wide rules apply
3. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
4. Don't be a dick
5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, tough.
6. Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, quicktopics, etc., in the game thread. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
7. Stay away from the summoner!
8. Unless I have specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed.
9. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or the like.
10. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, kneecappers, etc.
11. No mummified cat juggling
12. If you wish to address me in thread, please do so in bold so I don't miss it.
13. This is the secret rule
14. There is no rule 14
16. The floor is lava
17. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day depending on which is more harmful to the modkillee's faction. Please don't make me modkill anyone. That will make me sad.
18. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to take any action at any time, for any reason. However, I try to be extremely reasonable. If you have any questions about the game, rules, or players, please ask me via PM.
19. Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Activity Rules
1. If a player goes 24 real life hours without posting (or after 12 hours by a player's request), they will be prodded. Prods will be announced in thread.
2. A prodded player has 12 hours to respond. If they do not, they will be replaced (and my disapproval may be expressed via rodentia-based projectiles hurled by my patented Ratapult™).
3. If you receive 3 prods in one game, you will become a magical liopluradon. As liopluradons (liopluradonia?) cannot speak or type, this will make it necessary to replace you.
4. Each game day will have a deadline of 24 real life hours. If deadline should pass while I am shagging my secretary working industriously at my place of employment, I will check the timestamps before counting votes and unvotes.
5. In the event a deadline is reached before a lynch, then plurality rules apply; this means that the player with the most votes will be lynched; in the event of a tie, the potential lynchee with the oldest first vote on them will be lynched. No-Lynch functions like a player for voting/lynching purposes.
6. Each night will have a deadline of 18 hours.
7. If a player has a night action and fails to submit before the deadline, no action will be performed by that player. Mafia players may submit night actions for their teammates.
8. Night actions may be submitted in advance if you are going to be away for the night phase.
9 . Deadlines may be extended upon request or for completely arbitrary reasons at my discretion.

Voting Rules
1. Votes and unvotes must be on a separate line, using the format ##Vote: PlayerName.
or ##Unvote. (You do not have to specify a player name when unvoting, and you do not have to unvote before voting for a different player.) If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote
2. The exception to Rule #1 is if you unvote and then immediately vote on the same line. That's cool.
3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched. Further votes and unvotes during twilight will not be counted.
4. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I start the night phase.
5. If you are dead, You may make one post with no game related content (a bah post) during the next day or twilight. "Bah" posts are required to contain the word "habiliments."

Death
Unlike previous EoFF games, this one will make use of an offsite Graveyard that dead players can communicate within; this will allow dead players to discuss any information they may have tht the living players should not be party to, such as investigation results that were not claimed, or identification of breadcrumbs that may have been missed. Non-players can be given access to the Graveyard by PM'ing me a request, but once you have access to the Graveyard, you may not replace into the game due to your access to privileged information.

Mafia Rolecop

Welcome, _
You are a Mafia-aligned Rolecop. You are part of the scum team with _, a Mafia Goon. You have unrestricted day and night talk with your partner here (http://piv.pivpiv.dk)

Each night, your team can choose one player to kill. You win when your team outnumbers the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

During the day, you have the ability to post in the game thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com) and vote.

Each night, you may choose to learn the role of one player, receiving a result (i.e. "Jailkeeper," "Vanilla Townie," or "no result" if unsuccessful, at the beginning of the next day.

You can also carry out the mafia's factional kill for the night and a rolecop on the same night.

Mafia Goon

Welcome, _
You are a Mafia-aligned Goon. You are part of the scum team with _, a Mafia Rolecop. You have unrestricted day and night talk with your partner here (http://piv.pivpiv.dk)

Each night, your team can choose one player to kill. You win when your team outnumbers the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

During the day, you have the ability to post in the game thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com) and vote.

Town Cop

Welcome, _
You are a Town-aligned Cop. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose to learn the alignment of one player by PMing your target to the host. You will receive a result of "Mafia" or "not Mafia" if successful, or "No Result" if not, at the beginning of the next day.

Town Doctor

Welcome, _
You are a Town-aligned Doctor. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose one player other than yourself to protect from being killed that night. You will not be told whether or not you are successful. Select your target by PM'ing the name to the host.

Town Jailkeeper

Welcome, _
You are a Town-aligned Jailkeeper. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose one player other than yourself to jail that night by PMing your target to the host. Any actions attempted on or by a jailed player will fail. You will not be told if any actions were attempted on or by that player.

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, _
You are a Vanilla Townie. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Shorty
01-09-2014, 03:22 AM
Intriguing.

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 03:40 AM
All Role PMs are out! Play can now begin.

Vote Count 1.0:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
I Took the Red Pill (0) -
edczxcvbnm (0) -
Jessweeee? (0) -
Jiro (0) -
Shorty (0) -
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm, Jessweeeeetc., Jiro, Shorty, Madonna, shion

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or no lynch

Deadline is 24 hours from this post.

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 04:21 AM
ok raise your hand if you're mafia

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM
*raises hand*

Pumpkin
01-09-2014, 05:58 AM
:shifty:

Laddy
01-09-2014, 06:33 AM
Good day ladies and gents. I suppose we shall soon commence the killings?

Laddy
01-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Also, let's hope I'm better at Mafia than I am at getting cast for American reality shows.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Lynching on Day 1: your thoughts? My thoughts are that it is generally folly. I am willing to discuss this.

I Took the Red Pill
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Lynching on Day 1: your thoughts? My thoughts are that it is generally folly. I am willing to discuss this.I'm pretty sure that a No Lynch on Day 1 is generally not advantageous for the Town. Lynching is the only game mechanic in the hands of the Town majority. If we don't lynch on Day 1 then we're just giving the Mafia free night kills. And how much more information will we actually have on Day 2 if we decide to abstain now? I say it's not worth it. Do a quick google search for "Mafia Day 1 no lynch" and it seems like everyone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. not me) is against it.

(or perhaps Madonna knows this and is trying to lead us astray here...?)

As an aside, living in China, in a timezone 13 hours ahead of EST, makes it difficult to keep in sync with the day/night phases of this whole thing. I'm gonna try my best though.

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Lynching on Day 1: your thoughts? My thoughts are that it is generally folly. I am willing to discuss this.

I feel like in most games it's almost impossible to make a logical choice on who to lynch on Day 1. It's all luck and the odds are highly against us. However, with no day one lynch, day two is just another day one, and there's absolutely no pressure on mafia. It's a place for us to start.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
This is me closely aligning myself with I Took The Red Pill so that when I flip scum he will be the next most suspicious.

I am a little jaded about Day One phases. First we talk about who to kill, then we talk about how we should not kill anyone, then we talk about how Day One is a crap shoot anyway, then somebody gets meta, then we make a stupid crap shoot anyway. This is me drawing way too much attention to myself and being overly meta in an attempt to appear arrogant. Or I am being arrogant. I can't remember.

##Vote: Shion

Like I Took The Red Pill, I don't believe faffing about today, voting No Lynch, and then waking up one man down tomorrow is going to help us any. I'm interested in wildly killing each other and hoping for the best because I'm feeling lucky, punk.

Also, it's always the innocent looking ones, innit?

For what it's worth, I have randomly chosen two suspects to hound for the entire game because I'm channelling my inner KaiserDragon -- I'm right 9/10 times, buckos!

Jiro
01-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Intriguing.

This is where I unreasonably accuse you of being scum and say something like "PRAY TELL WHAT THOU FINDETH INTRIGUING, YOU STRUMPET" and get a formal warning from the host and staff for being aggressive and insulting. (I hope you hate me as much as I hate myself here, but my ~BIG PLAN~ was ruined pre-emptively.)

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I think Jiro is being too meta.

##Vote: Jiro

Jiro
01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
I also think Jiro is being too meta. But I also think people who think Jiro is being too meta are suspicious for some arbitrary reason. (Alternatively, I'm retaliating because my feelings are hurt or I have too much to hide!) (Even more alternatively, I'm doing this to annoy our host?)

##Unvote: Shion
##Vote: Jessweeee♪

Jiro
01-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Hey when did my title change to Recognized Member? Can I get it in the other colour at least? Former Staff was growing on me, poo :aimsad:

Also I am starting to doubt my vote on Jessweeee♪ if only because she inspired my approach to Mafia since Fruit Basket Mafia. Loved your work, girl :aimkiss:

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Peach was at least 60% Mogi. The one game where we signed up as a team and he actually played xD

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Now I'm reading the fruit thread for Mafia nostalgias and yeah it was definitely 90% Mogi.

Jiro
01-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Oh :aimsad: Well, it's probably better you don't take credit for my disgraceful behaviour :monster:

##Unvote: Jessweeee♪
##Vote: Shorty

I have a tactic to employ. It's ~risky~ but then again everything I do is basically reckless and nonsensical.

I Took the Red Pill
01-09-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm gonna vote Madonna based on the small chance that his "Day 1 No Lynch" idea was an attempt to give the Mafia a statistical advantage (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21947). If that's not the case and you're Town, well...sorry brah, Day 1 etc.

##Vote: Madonna

Jiro
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
I agree with that but I think that a) mafia would be foolish to make such a claim and b) Madonna is clevererer than that. Unless it is all a double bluff. I would double bluff my way through everything if I were mafia. Which I am. Or am I? (I am.)

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Vote Count 1.1:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
edczxcvbnm (0) -
Jessweeee♪ (0) -
Jiro (1) - Jessweeee♪
Shorty (1) - Jiro
Madonna (1) - I Took the Red Pill
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, edczxcvbnm, Shorty, Madonna, shion

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Setup is 2of4 :
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Rolecop
5x Vanilla Townie

+ 2 of the following 4 possible additional roles {Town Cop, Town Doctor, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie}

Jiro
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
In the interest of shaking things up before I catch some zzz, I would like to tell you all that I am the Town Jailkeeper. Do you believe me? I suggest you don't. But maybe I'm telling the truth. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Guess I'm not very good at keeping my secrets under lock and key.

...not my best joke, I'll admit.

Good luck darlings, I hope you discover the truth soon enough! Remember: it's a girl's bike! :jiro:

Pumpkin
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Ummm let's see

##vote: edczxcvbnm

because he hasn't posted so far.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 06:26 PM
You guys are doing great; keep talking. It seems Jiro is putting himself in everyone's eye and keeping us focused on him with a role claim, voting, and directly naming people in his posts. A lot of posts can be...blind, in terms of directions and relationships, but all of Jiro's are firmly pointed at where he wants to go. My first one, like Shorty's, Laddy's, and Jinx's, went nowhere. These aimless posts are mostly pointless fluff, and only give the illusion of activity.

I'm interested in seeing what Shorty, Laddy, and edczxcvbnm have to say. Even one vote without explanation is better than a pithy hi, no vote, and leave post.

Shorty
01-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I follow Red Pill's logic and believe it to be in our best interest to take a shot in the dark on Day 1.

##Vote Laddy

Madonna
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm still here! But as many people have said, what is there really to do on Day 1?
While I may be a little wary of lynching on Day 1, I have no qualms about voting, and that is what I want everyone to do.

##VOTE: JINX

Now, you can fire back because the excuse that this is all random, but that would be coincidentally putting your vote with I Took the Red Pill's.

No input about anyone else's perspectives, Shorty?

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Inexperienced doesn't make a scum less scummy.

Shorty
01-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, Jiro and Jesswee pretty much had the same thing to say as Red Pill, so I just named him for simplicity's sake. I think it's a good strategy to begin with, as it seems to be our only card to play unless we want to just be sitting ducks pretending that nothing is going to happen to us until bam! Murder!

Like you appear to be, though, Lynxie, I am also suspicious of Jiro's antics in this thread. But then, I am suspicious of anyone who appears to be suspicious of anyone else!

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Whoa, who called anyone scum? I said inexperience is no reason not to vote for someone.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
So Jinx agrees with Shorty who agrees with I Took the Red Pill. I like that you are on I Took the Red Pill's side for the debate of a No Lynch Day 1, but instead of being right, knowing why he is right is important.

Pumpkin
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
If people would tell us who the mafia is then it would be easier to eliminate them :D

......no?

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Inexperienced doesn't make a scum less scummy.

In direct response to me calling myself inexperienced!In direct response to you blaming me for using your inexperience as a reason to vote for you! No one hangs newbies for being newbies, cactus.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I voted for you to get you to read.

edczxcvbnm
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Day One is always the most exciting card in the deck that is this game.

##VOTE: I Took the Red Pill

I wanted to wake up all happy so I took the blue pill. Morpheus was lying to you the whole time. I can't believe you trusted that squirrely mofo.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:33 PM
I have been reading.

Well, I'm still here! But as many people have said, what is there really to do on Day 1?
You said this second quote ten posts after I Took the Red Pill said this:

I'm gonna vote Madonna based on the small chance that his "Day 1 No Lynch" idea was an attempt to give the Mafia a statistical advantage (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21947). If that's not the case and you're Town, well...sorry brah, Day 1 etc.

##Vote: Madonna

His link provides all the reasoning one could have to vote (and lynch) on Day 1. Heck, even his first post points out why not lynching is bad. So you said you have been reading, but missed all this? This, while you agree with Shorty who agrees with him?

Madonna
01-09-2014, 07:34 PM
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Laddy

Madonna
01-09-2014, 08:11 PM
I didn't really explain myself well. I just meant there's not a lot to go off of and discuss on Day 1. On Day 2 we'll have a ton of shit to pick apart; as things are right now, we can really only guess or go off a whim. That's what I meant when I said "what is there to do on Day 1?"

You're also overlooking the fact that my first post in this thread basically said that I'd rather do a lynch in the hopes it helps us or at least provides us information, than not do anything at all.Day 2 discussion is based off what happens on Day 1 and Night 1. If no one tries to get discussion going on Day 1, then Day 2 is still a crap day. Today, I find your explanations are acceptable.

Laddy
01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I overslept. Badly. This won't do.

Anyway I propose we take a shot in the dark as many others have stated, so I'll pile the vote on whomever until we can get a more substantial basis for a lynch.

##Vote: edzxcvbnm

Laddy
01-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Also if you kill my girl Jinx I'll be sad. :(

Sephex
01-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Congrats to all the winners :monster:

Madonna
01-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Awesome, now to build that web (as of post 55). We can add details later if we wish, and the (#) means who is connected, where a connection is denoted by direct-mention, vote, and all that razz. This may be useful later in figuring out who the two scum are and how they avoid each other/work together/fake a rivalry.

Madonna connects to everyone but shion until this post (9),

I Took the Red Pill connects to Madonna, Jessweeee♪, Jiro, edzxcvbnm (4),

Jessweeee♪ connects to Madonna, I Took the Red Pill, Jiro (3),

Jiro connects to Madonna, I Took the Red Pill, Jessweeee♪, Shorty, and shion (5),

shion connects to Jiro, edzxcvbnm, and now me (3),

edzxcvbnm connects to Madonna, I Took the Red Pill, shion, and Laddy (4),

Laddy connects to Madonna, edzxcvbnm, Shorty, and Jinx (4),

Jinx connects to Madonna, Shorty, and Laddy (3), and finally

Shorty connects to Madonna, Jinx, Laddy and Jiro (4)

Shorty
01-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Lynxie, I like your train of thought. You're my kind of man.

I am officially suspicious of all of you except for Lynxie. Your job is to convince me I should not lynch you do death.

Shorty
01-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Although, shion has the fewest links, that's something to ponder...

Citizen Bleys
01-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Vote Count 1.2:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (2) - Shorty, Madonna
I Took the Red Pill (1) - edczxcvbnm
edczxcvbnm (2) - shion, Laddy
Jessweeee? (0) -
Jiro (2) - Jessweeee?, Jinx
Shorty (1) - Jiro
Madonna (1) - I Took the Red Pill
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Nobody!

Madonna
01-09-2014, 11:56 PM
I thought we were doing plurality lynches, id est sucks to be the person with the most votes on him/her.

Madonna
01-09-2014, 11:58 PM
I mean, not to be lazy or give the mafia a heads up on how to do their job, but whatever.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Well I do not wish to die, so

##Unvote: Shorty
##Vote: Laddy

Madonna
01-10-2014, 12:15 AM
So while we can accept plurality lynches, should we? It sounds basically a passive way to lynch someone, and when the scum number two, it is a good idea not to let two votes sway as strongly as a majority. Plurality lynches means the a minimal number was reached to kill someone, and with a spread like this, it is hard to see the scum for the trees.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 12:15 AM
A little under three hours, I think, Jinx.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Jiro making a buzz (as he called it) is indeed suspicious.

Nobody else has said "buzz" in this entire thread. Don't put words in my mouth, that is a very bad habit!

My antics are entirely what they need to be. I'm channelling the Gods and Goddesses of Mafia to aid me in my quest for truth, justice, and victory. (In other words, I've been playing drunk for maximum clue finding.)

I know we disapprove of the meta game here at EoFF but I know that Madonna is clever and experienced. I do not want him leading the town, per se, but I hold his opinion in high regard. It is nice to see that he understands my sense of purpose and direction, but I feel as though I should be posting this image (http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/H4fKfz5rcx8/maxresdefault.jpg) because attaching oneself to someone like me who is bold and pointed is a good way to seem innocent upon my death (for the record this is under the proviso that I would flip Town aligned).

As Town Jailkeeper, I will be targetting a random female member in this coming night phase, because I am both honourable and a little creepy.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:17 AM
And by random, I mean I'm not telling who so that Mafia have to guess, or shoot at one of the dudes :jess:

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:18 AM
So while we can accept plurality lynches, should we? It sounds basically a passive way to lynch someone, and when the scum number two, it is a good idea not to let two votes sway as strongly as a majority. Plurality lynches means the a minimal number was reached to kill someone, and with a spread like this, it is hard to see the scum for the trees.

With activity as it is, I see very little alternative to accepting plurality lynches. Basically, our options are to vote No Lynch or to pile onto someone at the end. bandwagons reveal just as little as spread out votes in these kinds of situations.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 12:23 AM
As Town Jailkeeper, I will be targetting a random female member in this coming night phase, because I am both honourable and a little creepy.

I see your game, friend. Can't handle women in your own time, so as Jailkeeper you choose to lock them up where they can't run about getting into mischief and causing trouble because you've been very seriously jaded by an unnamed woman in your past. Can't you see that you're letting her win?

Shorty
01-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Of course, this is taking into consideration that the badge you're carrying is not made of plastic.

I Took the Red Pill
01-10-2014, 12:32 AM
In the interest of shaking things up before I catch some zzz, I would like to tell you all that I am the Town Jailkeeper. Do you believe me? I suggest you don't. But maybe I'm telling the truth. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Guess I'm not very good at keeping my secrets under lock and key.

...not my best joke, I'll admit.

Good luck darlings, I hope you discover the truth soon enough! Remember: it's a girl's bike! :jiro:I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. I cannot fathom any good reason to do this. As far as I know, Doctors and Jailkeepers cannot self-target, so if Jiro is one of those two roles, he can't protect himself on Night 1, and he's put a huge target on his back for night-prowling scum. The only thing I can think of would be to hope that the Doctor would protect him on Night 1, but why would anyone trust him enough this early in the game to take his claim at face value?

I'm starting to think that Jiro hopes this wild, dada-ist flailing will confuse people enough that they would think that a Mafioso could not possibly be so brash. Well, you've got me confused anyways. It's enough to make me change my vote from Madonna, who has articulated things and his stance quite well so far.

##Unvote: Madonna
##Vote: Jiro

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Aw poo. I thought you, at the very least, were going to wise up to my game, Red Pill :aimsad: But that's okay. If I hit the chopping block then it will be easy to find at least one Mafia member among my lynchers! Regardless of the outcome, I'm putting a dent in the Mafia's game plan :jiro:

I Took the Red Pill
01-10-2014, 12:48 AM
Well yeah, it's also possible that I just suck at Mafia and can't see your grand plan. But as you're on the chopping block, why don't you try to explain it and save yourself? Why should I vote for Laddy instead of you?

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Well, given that Jessweeee♪'s vote was the first cast, I am unlikely to survive unless I make a shameless plea and reveal my grand strategy! That's unfortunate. But I can't give it all away, because that would ruin the fun, and it would also render it pointless, in addition to being entirely unbelievable! But just know that I have always had your best interests at heart, friends!

Oh! Maybe I should do something ~crazy~ like... wait, nope, that wouldn't work. Too small a game, too rigid the possibilities, nobody would fall for such a shameless trick.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Noble til the end, eh?

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Well yeah, it's also possible that I just suck at Mafia and can't see your grand plan. But as you're on the chopping block, why don't you try to explain it and save yourself? Why should I vote for Laddy instead of you?

I don't believe you suck at Mafia. I don't believe anybody sucks at Mafia. We all miss things; I am guilty of it often! But I can't tell you why I am flailing, and I cannot tell you to vote for Laddy for any other reason than I know I am Town aligned. But we do not know what Laddy is and I could not ask you to vote for him without just cause!

Jiro
01-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Noble til the end, eh?

Somebody needs to die on Day One, and there are worse people to lose than me! My logic and experience would be of assistance, but I'm sure the Town will manage. I'm just going to party in the Graveyard, I'll wait for you honey :aimkiss:

Shorty
01-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Don't wait up for me, cupcake. I haven't voted for you because I do believe that your logic and experience are of use. We shall see, we shall see.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Also since I haven't mentioned it yet, let me say that MDNA's bacon number post is very cool.

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 01:04 AM
I thought we were doing plurality lynches, id est sucks to be the person with the most votes on him/her.

Was this directed at me, with regards to the 9 alive, 5 to lynch?

It couldn't hurt to clarify anyways, given that there is at least one first-time player : Plurality comes into play at deadline. The fifth vote on any player or No Lynch is a hammer and at that point the game enters twilight, with vote changes not counting until the next day phase.

If there's a hammer, plurality rules don't come into play.

Vote Count 1.3:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (3) - Shorty, Madonna, Jiro
Jessweeee? (0) -
Jiro (3) - Jessweeee?, Jinx, I Took the Red Pill
Shorty (0) -
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -

~2hrs, 35 minutes til deadline as of this edit.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Oh, someone cares about the role claim; I was wondering when someone would say something. Personally, I am not too bothered about his early claim.

He could be telling the truth. That would be stupid.

He could be telling a lie, and that makes him a townie or scum.

If townie, then he would be Vanilla, here is hoping, and doing it to protect the roles. We know there is a goon rolecop, and he might have to waste a night action to suss out Jiro. Or, they can just kill him and save themselves the grief. In either of these cases, the real Jailkeep can conduct business. Granted, no one else has piped up with NOOOOOOOO, FALSE CLAIM, 'TIS I THE GAOLER, but that too falls under the stupid category. Heck, we might not even have a Keeper. Anyway, if town, a scum night action will be spent on him tonight because they have to investigate him. If he lives, he remains a suspect and we might have to string him up tomorrow*.

If scum, then he is boldly claiming a role which someone might hold. There is no guarantee there is a Jailkeeper, and Jiro might be safe in claiming. The real Jailkeeper can come out to contest, but that would be folly. Better to let things work out as they were when I began typing this (far too long ago, I fear), and let people dog-pile onto the poor man. That would ensure he dies, no power roles have to come out, and we can see the wisdom of our work. As scum, he would not be dying at night, and is a viable candidate tomorrow*.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 01:09 AM
I think we all know that Jiro is the type of person to take a bullet for someone or something he believes to be more important. Make of that what you will.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Basically, yes.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Not lynching Jiro nets us:
a Mafia target tonight (probably rolecop since him living makes him suspect tomorrow and thus Mafia gets a random Townie today and a Jailkeep/Townie tomorrow)
OR
a role-claiming Mafia with balls of lead jump around ninny-like because he talked himself out of a lynch (or let me talk us out of it)

Lynching Jiro gets us:
A dead Vanilla Townie
OR
A dead Jailkeeper
OR
A dead scum

I am not really feeling favorably at this point, but maybe there's an option/opinion I am missing.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Let us assume for the moment that I am a dirty filthy spaghetti eating meatball tossing pizza scoffing stallion riding member of the Mafia. Role claiming Day One is an incredible gamble, but because of that, people would instantly be split as to whether I am an idiot but honest Jailkeeper, a crazy brave Vanilla Townie, or a cunning idiotic and brave Mafia member.

The real Jailkeeper, if there is one, is rarely going to be stupid enough to say "uh no I'M real" so if I survive then I have a good cover story. I just need to be clever with my claimed night actions. And, if the real Jailkeeper does pipe up, then my team mate has an assured power role kill regardless.

Honestly, in a game with only two bad guys, I would never try this tactic as a member of the Mafia. It's too risky. So... that leaves me as innocent with unknown motives. I would appreciate a little focus elsewhere now, though the people I would like to hear from are conspicuously absent.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:17 AM
I think we all know that Jiro is the type of person to take a bullet for someone or something he believes to be more important. Make of that what you will.

Who I am should not influence your game too much. I cannot change who I am fundamentally, but I always always play a character during Mafia games :aimsun:

Shorty
01-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Do you know the big problem with a disguise, Mr. Jiro? However hard you try, it's always a self-portrait.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:22 AM
I'm not a very good artist :aimsad:

But let's now consider what would happen if I was a townsperson. Because I feel like just putting all the cards on the table and letting you sort them out while I kick back in the Graveyard with my blackjack and ghost babes. Let me whip up a post real nice.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 01:23 AM
If you were a townsperson, you would likely be offering yourself up to gauge the reactions from the folks who think you are someone you are not.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 01:25 AM
If you were not a townsperson, you would likely be offering yourself up to gauge the reactions from the folks who think you are someone you are not.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Consider this, then: I am Town aligned. If I were the Jailkeeper, would I claim. Not unless I was, well, drunk. (oh!) But no. I wouldn't do that. A power role like that in a game like this is a game changer. That's too dangerous to give up. I'd not lie low, of course, because being randomly shot at would suck. But I would post just enough, and I would put pressure on people who I thought most likely to be Town; that way, the Mafia would be more likely to keep me around as I am clearly not a threat.

If I were a Vanilla Townie, then all bets are off because my power is entirely what I can create with it. I've tried being the awesome leader and directing people around but my scum radar is not as amazing as I would like it to be. Mind you, I did recently win one of those murder mystery parties, so I can't be all bad. But my functionality as a Vanilla Townie rests on what I can create with it, and relying on the power roles to (hopefully) not catch a bullet or be investigated.

So, what to do then?

Well first of all, to stop people beating around the bush. Mafia members like to hide behind "oh Day One is sooooo random" and let us flail around without purpose. (I always have purpose, see.) By pressuring people, you put them in awkward positions where they feel compelled to come up with a cover story to stay off the chopping block (see: me right now).

Secondly is to be way more interesting and unpredictable. I could be the biggest threat to the Mafia or no threat at all depending on how cards are played. So people's reactions (or lack of reactions) to my behaviour are definitely intriguing.

And I'm bored so I'm gonna drink the rest of this Canadian Club and see what happens next.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:30 AM
My core plan rests on the idea that I survive long enough to place today in some sort of context but as things turned sour (I should be used to this by now) I am left with only the hope that others can piece it together and the fact that at least we're not lynching the Doc.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:32 AM
I didn't really explain myself well. I just meant there's not a lot to go off of and discuss on Day 1. On Day 2 we'll have a ton of trout to pick apart; as things are right now, we can really only guess or go off a whim. That's what I meant when I said "what is there to do on Day 1?"

You're also overlooking the fact that my first post in this thread basically said that I'd rather do a lynch in the hopes it helps us or at least provides us information, than not do anything at all.

I want to point out this post because Jinx is arbitrarily on my list. Apart from the deaths, what makes Day Two significantly more populated with information than Day One. I get that connections can be drawn between things a little clearer, but I have done an adequate job of giving us a central event to frame everything and you are more than capable of discussing the events as they unfold. Your insistence that Day One is sparse and almost pointless is troubling my prickly cactus friend.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 01:42 AM
The absolute worst thing is dying alone guys COME ON :aimsad:

Madonna
01-10-2014, 01:55 AM
I think I have already seen most of your points in my own posts, Jiro. I do not dispute a Vanilla in your spot could be a very good bonus for the town, but I have to dispute you being Vanilla. To be meta, I know you and what you can do. I know beyond all certainty you could pull off either the brilliant Townie or the bravest goon in this situation, and I have looked at the pros and cons. Sadly, you're good, and that is great, but there are more Days out there, and there are two mafia to root out. Worrying over one person who has theoretical power and what they theoretically might do does not serve me well when I have to worry about what Day 2 is going to look like.

What happens tomorrow? What happens tonight?

Shorty
01-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Someone's going to die.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Since this cannot only be about Jiro, let me point this out:

What. shion has three links, the same as Laddy(!) and Jessweeee♪(!). What makes shion stand out more? Both of our votes are on Laddy anyway. Why vote Laddy, point at shion, but not mention Jessweeee♪?

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:01 AM
I think I have already seen most of your points in my own posts, Jiro. I do not dispute a Vanilla in your spot could be a very good bonus for the town, but I have to dispute you being Vanilla. To be meta, I know you and what you can do. I know beyond all certainty you could pull off either the brilliant Townie or the bravest goon in this situation, and I have looked at the pros and cons. Sadly, you're good, and that is great, but there are more Days out there, and there are two mafia to root out. Worrying over one person who has theoretical power and what they theoretically might do does not serve me well when I have to worry about what Day 2 is going to look like.

What happens tomorrow? What happens tonight?

This is the same logic I applied to you, and I can wholeheartedly understand why you have reached this conclusion. I choose to be a little more confident in the Town and less confident in the Mafia, though; bad guys slip up.

I don't mind going out like this. As you say, being the Vanilla Town in this position means that, at the very least, no power role is under direct threat. Death happens, a lot, in this game.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:02 AM

What. shion has three links, the same as Laddy(!) and Jessweeee♪(!). What makes shion stand out more? Both of our votes are on Laddy anyway. Why vote Laddy, point at shion, but not mention Jessweeee♪?

well shit that's an interesting observation

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Oh dear, I've misread your list, haha. I was playing a game at the time!

I am primarily interested in Laddy and shion because I have yet to see much of them at all in this thread. And Jesswee is my favorite, what can I say. I don't want to believe she's suspicious at all, and I'm going to be very sad if I am wrong.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:03 AM
in the interests of transparency: I repped that post of Shorty's with the comment "that was so deadpan it was glorious" (or something like that I can't even remember now wtf)

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:07 AM
Just think of me as Kim Pine from Scott Pilgim.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:10 AM

I am primarily interested in Laddy and shion because I have yet to see much of them at all in this thread. And Jesswee is my favorite, what can I say. I don't want to believe she's suspicious at all, and I'm going to be very sad if I am wrong.Worst logic ever.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 02:10 AM
I had friends come over, I'm currently looking over the thread.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:11 AM

I am primarily interested in Laddy and shion because I have yet to see much of them at all in this thread. And Jesswee is my favorite, what can I say. I don't want to believe she's suspicious at all, and I'm going to be very sad if I am wrong.Worst logic ever.

Worst logic ever is being interested in the folks who have made the fewest appearances?

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:12 AM
I had friends come over, I'm currently looking over the thread.

Please say something terribly incriminating so you can die instead of me (and please be a bad guy!) that would be lovely thank you :aimkiss:

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:12 AM

Worst logic ever is being interested in the folks who have made the fewest appearances?

Why is edczxcvbnm not on your list, then?

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Why are you singling out ed? He doesn't appear to be one of the folks with the lowest number of links. He's at the same level with Red Pill and myself.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Fewest appearances. Let me get the stats as of this post.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Ah, so Jinx is also a 3.

Jiro
Jessweeee♪ - 5 posts
shion - 3 posts
edczxcvbnm - 1 posts
Jinx - 16 posts
Laddy - 5 posts
Shorty - 18 posts
Madonna - 21 posts
I Took The Red Pill - 4 posts
Jiro - 30 posts

Madonna
Why are you singling out ed? He doesn't appear to be one of the folks with the lowest number of links. He's at the same level with Red Pill and myself.Oh god, why did I not see this already?! I Took the Red Pill, edzxcvbnm, Laddy, and Shorty are all scum and need to be lynched! It all makes sense!

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:18 AM
If you're signalling out Laddy, Jessweeee♪ and Shion as not having been around much, there are three others that should be on that list. Half the players.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:18 AM
Ah, so Jinx is also a 3.Jinx is actually the (3) I mistook for Laddy. Yes, I screwed up on my own arbitrary list.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:19 AM

You're not looking so good yourself, mister, with leaving out a member from your list here. Why are you protecting Jinx?

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:19 AM
So we're all bad at math here and the mafia is laughing at us for wasting our time.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:20 AM
##Unvote: Laddy
##Vote: Shorty

Missing details is fine. Like, whatever. Pointing out that others have missed details too is fine as well. But like, where's the logical leap that he is protecting Jinx? xD

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:21 AM
A little over forty minutes left.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Now would be a great time to chime in, folks

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Because Lynx has had his head in the game this entire time and appears to be interested in keeping things rolling around and moving. I find it interesting in that leaving someone off the list he is showing to me as an example of a mistake, only to discover he made one as well.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 02:27 AM
To be honest I buy Jiro's claim; for him to role claim as he did is risky and until he has someone who can offer otherwise the only way to determine his role is to kill him or wait for some other claim, which would be suicidal if they were to lie.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:27 AM
It certainly is an interesting mistake. But then every mistake is interesting. And everybody makes them. We're highly fallible creatures, us. I just really really really would like to not die today but oh man :aimsad: Get in here Jinx, edczxcvbnm, et al.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:28 AM
To be honest I buy Jiro's claim; for him to role claim as he did is risky and until he has someone who can offer otherwise the only way to determine his role is to kill him or wait for some other claim, which would be suicidal if they were to lie.

oh man why do you have to be the one to side with me you're my only hope of surviving the day xD

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:32 AM
I am not very pleased with you right now in regards to you changing your voting to me and am tempted to change my vote just to punish you, but I think you are a person of interest on some level and don't want to do something I might regret. :colbert:

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 02:35 AM

68 minutes as of this post, actually

03:40AM GMT, 10:40PPM eastern, 7:40PM pacific

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:35 AM
I am not very pleased with you right now in regards to you changing your voting to me and am tempted to change my vote just to punish you, but I think you are a person of interest on some level and don't want to do something I might regret. :colbert:

To be honest that was entirely what I was trying to do :monster: I wanted you to retaliate and throw a vote down on me because it would look terrible and then hopefully we (ME AND MY SCUM PARTNER no I mean we as in whoever is around) could mount a last ditch case against you and I could live to fight another day :monster:

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:36 AM
You buy is claim? I mean, I could accept he is Vanilla, and I can see he is scum, but his claim puts him to death by Day 3. We lynch him today or tomorrow, or the Mafia kill him tonight or tomorrow night. Short of the Doctor spending/wasting (your perception) an action on him, his chances of survival are extremely low, and he forever puts a negative mark on his character.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:36 AM

03:40AM GMT, 10:40PPM eastern, 7:40PM pacificWell, better than I thought. Do us a vote count while you are around too, please...sugar.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:37 AM

03:40AM GMT, 10:40PPM eastern, 7:40PM pacific

And that's 1:40PM for all you AESTers out there (hello :omghey:) I am clinging to life for a moment longer it seems.

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 02:37 AM
EBWOP (to preserve timestamps): Apparently there's a 2 minute difference between server time and my clock. I'm going by my clock, so 68 minutes from that last post is accurate.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:38 AM
and he forever puts a negative mark on his character.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/848/cold.jpg

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 02:38 AM
Do us a vote count while you are around too, please...sugar.

Vote Count 1.4:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (2) - Shorty, Madonna
Jessweeee♪ (0) -
Jiro (3) - Jessweeee♪, Jinx, I Took the Red Pill
Shorty (1) - Jiro
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:39 AM
oh there's a way out.

##Vote: edczxcvbnm

He showed up once to vote for I Took The Red Pill. That's it. One post, one vote.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:40 AM

To be honest that was entirely what I was trying to do :monster: I wanted you to retaliate and throw a vote down on me because it would look terrible and then hopefully we (ME AND MY SCUM PARTNER no I mean we as in whoever is around) could mount a last ditch case against you and I could live to fight another day :monster:

It occurred to me that both you and Lynxie were trying to force this action from me.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Wouldn't it be ridiculous if Madonna and I were the Mafia? That would be ballsy as fuck. He's on my list if only because he is clever and experienced, fyi. But yes I would love for us to vote for edczxcvbnm who has not been around at all and that makes me sad and suspicious and also I want to live just so I can HELP

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Jessweeee♪ come back and unvote me for old times' sake c'mon girl

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Jinx remember how it was me that prompted you to join EoFF come and unvote me c'mon girl

Laddy
01-10-2014, 02:48 AM
You buy is claim? I mean, I could accept he is Vanilla, and I can see he is scum, but his claim puts him to death by Day 3. We lynch him today or tomorrow, or the Mafia kill him tonight or tomorrow night. Short of the Doctor spending/wasting (your perception) an action on him, his chances of survival are extremely low, and he forever puts a negative mark on his character.
This is a pretty small game. If he makes it to Day 3 it's the virtual endgame. Regardless, I think his role is valuable enough to not be reckless about.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:49 AM
oh there's a way out.

##Vote: edczxcvbnm

He showed up once to vote for I Took The Red Pill. That's it. One post, one vote.Normally, I would frown here because edzxcvbnm at least voted, but it appears everyone has voted. So one post and vote is actually the worst record for a player to have. Remember, being the worst is relative to the other players.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:51 AM
It looks like Jiro is going to survive, and it is time to watch where the votes move.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:52 AM
It looks like Jiro is going to survive, and it is time to watch where the votes move.

It falls to you or Shorty to follow suit and vote edczxcvbnm if I'm to make it out of this (or, someone else to show up randomly). I'm definitely not out of the woods given that Jessweeee♪'s vote on me is the oldest and therefore keeping me in the firing line unless someone overtakes me.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Yeah ed has been inactive, having only voted once and left. He'd be my choice, especially to give Juro the time to prove his worth.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:53 AM
I am not sure what game Jiro is trying to play by pleading to be unvoted, as that to me would be the likeliest way to end up getting lynched. Pleading with the ladies he knows adores him, no less.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Given that you've weighed it up and found my lynching to be the safest option too, I also have to bank on you not switching to me, which might be the case if we're otherwise going to lynch an unknown entity.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:54 AM

It falls to you or Shorty to follow suit and vote edczxcvbnm if I'm to make it out of this (or, someone else to show up randomly). I'm definitely not out of the woods given that Jessweeee♪'s vote on me is the oldest and therefore keeping me in the firing line unless someone overtakes me.

So who is more valuable? Jiro or ed?

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:55 AM
I am not sure what game Jiro is trying to play by pleading to be unvoted, as that to me would be the likeliest way to end up getting lynched. Pleading with the ladies he knows adores him, no less.

Wanting to live is not necessarily a guilty tactic. Like, I would definitely prefer to last the day so at least my existence can affect what goes on in the night. If I die today, then everything at night is seemingly random as there is only the events happening around me to base things on today. Also there is no shame in showing some desperation to the ladies, maybe I can get a quick pity lay before I go :smug:

Laddy
01-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Did you mean ladies or laddies? ;)

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:56 AM

So who is more valuable? Jiro or ed?

Impossible to say. I'm bringing with me two things: the effect I have on the night events and my own experience. edczxcvbnm could be anything; I don't even know how talented of a player he is! It's up to you; I've not exactly made myself the safe or sensible choice :monster:

Jiro
01-10-2014, 02:57 AM
Did you mean ladies or laddies? ;)

You are one of a kind :aimkiss:

Madonna
01-10-2014, 02:57 AM

So who is more valuable? Jiro or ed?You decide for yourself; you cannot chalk up your choices to me. It does sound like you are considering unvoting Laddy.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 02:58 AM
What happens if Jiro lives? He is a likely target for mafia violence and does not make it to Day 2. If he dies, we'll know that he's caused a stir enough to be singled out as a target. Mafia can take this target as an obvious choice, or not be obvious about it and pull a Kansas City Shuffle on us.

If Jiro doesn't make it to Day 2, well. That's something interesting.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:00 AM
I meant does. If he does make it to day two. Damn no editing. :argh:

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:01 AM
This is the part where I pull a demon dude and claim something obviously not present in the game (aha! I'm the governor! ##stoplynch) and it gets me lynched quicker because I didn't think the tactic through very well.

Look, I think I've said about all I can in my "defence" and it's up to you guys to choose between edczxcvbnm and me. Be sensible about it. edczxcvbnm's lack of participation could very well be a tactic and after discovering that fact he's jumped to the top of my list but that doesn't mean it's the same for you guys. And, while I'm pegged to like, a couple of potential outcomes, edczxcvbnm could be literally anything.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:04 AM
This is the part where I pull a demon dude and claim something obviously not present in the game (aha! I'm the governor! ##stoplynch)

I can't see this working out in your favor. (http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/1S39clpxIZRfwPhKo2QWGg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQxMjtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MTg-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/TheWrap/_Walking_Dead__Is_The_Governor-7a64bdb4ee9640d40c1e8e0291918679)

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:04 AM
What happens if Jiro lives? He is a likely target for mafia violence and does not make it to Day 2. If he dies, we'll know that he's caused a stir enough to be singled out as a target. Mafia can take this target as an obvious choice, or not be obvious about it and pull a Kansas City Shuffle on us.

If Jiro doesn't make it to Day 2, well. That's something interesting.Jiro's job is to die during the Night and protect our roles, if we come to the decision that we lynch someone else. Unfortunately, he will probably live after being goon rolecopped, and then we will probably lynch him Day 2 because he did not die.

The proper question is, "What happens if Jiro dies?"

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:05 AM
Please note that Laddy is still a viable lynch candidate.

Shorty
That fact remains to be seen, and I am still pondering it. In the meantime, though, dear Lynxie I do believe you were correct about me thinking of changing my vote.

##Unvote Laddy

##Vote ed

Jiro
This is the part where I pull a demon dude and claim something obviously not present in the game (aha! I'm the governor! ##stoplynch)

I can't see this working out in your favor. (http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/1S39clpxIZRfwPhKo2QWGg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQxMjtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MTg-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/TheWrap/_Walking_Dead__Is_The_Governor-7a64bdb4ee9640d40c1e8e0291918679)

SPOILERS I haven't watched a single episode yet because Australia is dumb

Shorty
Oops, not anymore!

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:06 AM
I elect to go with the evil we know over the evil we don't. Jiro's claim has yet to be challenged, and he can potentially be useful if he is telling the truth. eddzxcvbnm, however, has thrown a vote of Red Pill and has yet to resurface. While I share Shorty's sentiment that Jiro's survival will be short-lived, I believe his skill is potent if he is telling the truth. If he's not, he should be easily lynchable. But for now I choose to believe him.

Now if edzxcvbnm were to resurface I would be willing to consider other options.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:07 AM
The proper question is, "What happens if Jiro dies?"

I am going to ignore the fact that you are probably asking a little deeper than this but what happens is that I flip town (I am unsure as to whether posting my actual role name is ethical as it could confirm me if there are others like me) and then you guys get to connect the dots without me.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:07 AM
If this all comes outwith ed's death then Jiro, you better prove your worth. :p

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Laddy as a lynch candidate would have required a shift from somewhere and given that the four of us who are active could not enact a Laddy majority it is impossible at best for me to survive any other way except offing edczxcvbnm

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:10 AM
If this all comes outwith ed's death then Jiro, you better prove your worth. :p

Don't think that this hasn't already played on my mind. Not having much to go on makes edczvbnm both a tempting and terrifying target. I still prefer his death to mine but if he is a power role then all I can say is "fuck. I'm gonna die. He should've posted more."

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Don't kill me; I'm handsome.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:11 AM
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Jiro

We are all but players in Two Gentlemen of Lebowski. I am agreed that it is unknown if the meta of the character names would spoil the game.

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:12 AM
A question to ask ourselves right now might be is who would be the likeliest candidate for mafia to dispose of right now and how will the outcome of our voting affect their decision?

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:13 AM
Well, I could have stayed that longer, but I guess I am getting antsy. You can wait until tomorrow, Jiro, though I fear all of us will have new suspects we will want to hound.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:13 AM
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Jiro

We are all but players in Two Gentlemen of Lebowski. I am agreed that it is unknown if the meta of the character names would spoil the game.

It pleases me that you understand, and I feel no offence that you are taking the less unknown path. I disagree, of course, but them, as they say, is the breaks.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:14 AM
A question to ask ourselves right now might be is who would be the likeliest candidate for mafia to dispose of right now and how will the outcome of our voting affect their decision?
I think it's useless to speculate this until Jiro and/or ed flips.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:16 AM
I am mostly mulling this over in my mind and wondering if it is worthwhile to kill Jiro today versus seeing what happens tonight. I think killing him now robs the Mafia of a chance to clustersmurf my/our brains when he shows up living and happy tomorrow morning.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:16 AM
Speculate, but best to keep it to yourself for today. See what happens. Otherwise you are affecting the outcome and ruining the point of the speculation.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:17 AM
I am mostly mulling this over in my mind and wondering if it is worthwhile to kill Jiro today versus seeing what happens tonight. I think killing him now robs the Mafia of a chance to clustersmurf my/our brains when he shows up living and happy tomorrow morning.

I am willing to lock in a Day Three Jiro Lynch if I manage to survive this. I say Day Three because I would like to think I can aid the town in discovering an actual villain Day Two. But that's just me.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:18 AM
I think the Mafia would probably attempt to remove me if I survive today anyway, though that is my arrogance talking. The outcome of the night phase will probably fill in a few more pieces of the puzzle for me, it's just whether or not I'm around to share what I've figured out.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:19 AM
Killing edzxcvbnm gets rid of our weakest poster though not most suspicious, and tells the rest of us that we must be robust in our discussions lest the mob (of townies) decides it hates the quiet ones. It also saves us Jiro for another day, but why are there no other strong suspects? We have been remiss.

I will remind all of you that killing quiet posters is not exactly a strategy to root out the most suspicious.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:21 AM
I will disagree with you here. I'm not targeting ed because he didn't post, I'm targeting him because the only viable lynchee is someone I believe could potentially prove useful.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Laddy points out that this is a small game. How will Day 3 look, worst case scenario?

D1: Kill town, 6 town, 2 mafia
N1: Kill town, 4 town, 2 mafia
D2: Kill town, 3 town, 2 mafia
N2: Kill town, 2 town, 2 mafia
GAME

Yeah, I would be fine with a Day 3 lynch too, if that were the case.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:24 AM
I should point out that I was being sarcastic and less than inclined to humor Jiro.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:25 AM
but why are there no other strong suspects? We have been remiss.

The other suspects are borne of the outcome here today. You and Shorty have been very active today and there are plenty of posts to dissect in relation to each other and me. Laddy is here now, and adding, so there is his behaviour to consider. Then there are those who haven't been active in this "second half" of the day -- could they all be asleep or busy? Why are they absent?

I hate to meta any further than this but there have been posts and chat participation by those absent from this game, so keep in mind that a lack of participation does not necessarily mean a lack of availability. (Though it could also mean that.)

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:25 AM
Laddy points out that this is a small game. How will Day 3 look, worst case scenario?

GAME

I...uh, am tired. I do not think I am mathing right.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:27 AM

GAME

Fair point. Day Two Lynch then, if no other suspects arise. I'm hoping that the Cop, Doctor, or Jailkeeper (we could have one or two of them, but not all, just so I'm not accused of misleading or anything) are lucky at least one night so that the game doesn't end up how you predict.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:28 AM
I see where you math skills went awry, but my offer stands.

Madonna
Day 3 would obviously be the end-game, and the lynch would decide things. I hate looking so far ahead; longer games are better. But! I still dislike a bandwagon on edzxcvbnm, so I tied it up with Jiro, and we see if there is a hammer to save/end this.

Jiro
your math skills. fucking typos man I can't handle them.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Day 3 would obviously be the end-game, and the lynch would decide things. I hate looking so far ahead; longer games are better. But! I still dislike a bandwagon on edzxcvbnm, so I tied it up with Jiro, and we see if there is a hammer to save/end this.

My understanding of the rule is that, in the case of a tie, the oldest vote takes precedence. Which is Jessweeee♪'s on me, just in case you were unaware.

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:29 AM
That's why I needed to get off mobile. :p

Madonna
01-10-2014, 03:32 AM
It happens pretty soon!

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:34 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/danah_gee/sad.gif

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:35 AM
In the instance that Jiro is not lynched tonight, I am now considering that mafia might choose to dispose of someone else instead of him. Knowing that we think he is already suspicious, they may just be waiting on us to take him out tomorrow ourselves when he doesn't disappear in the night.

I don't have any means to say whether or not ed looks guilty - one post casting a vote at someone else doesn't look great. But if he's a townie, we'll have lynched a townie. Jiro looks suspish enough that they will be counting on us to lynch him on Day 2, thus possibly wasting another lynch and another day.

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:35 AM
aAQZPBwz2CI

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:39 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0pcuggpU31r8058ko1_500.gif

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Vote Count 1.5:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
(L-1)edczxcvbnm (4) - shion, Laddy, Jiro, Shorty
Jessweeee♪ (0) -
(L-1)Jiro (4) - Jessweeee♪, Jinx, I Took the Red Pill, Madonna
Shorty (0) -
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:41 AM

SPOILERS haven't seen it yet!

Laddy
01-10-2014, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r--lCyPjRY

Jiro
01-10-2014, 03:42 AM

SPOILERS haven't seen it yet!

It doesn't take a Whovian to know that the Doctor regenerates I mean come on

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 03:43 AM
A lynch has been reached!

Flavour and flip incoming

Shorty
It doesn't take a genius to know The Governor is a bad sumbitch!

Jiro
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 03:48 AM
Goodness, I missed a lot while I was on my date.

Dun dun dun.....

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 03:50 AM
THE KNAVE's house. Enter THE KNAVE, carrying parcels, and BLANCHE and WOO. They fight.

BLANCHE
Whither the money, Lebowski? Faith, we are as servants to Bonnie; promised by the lady good that thou were in turn good for't

WOO
Bound in honour, we mus have our bond; cursed be our tribe if we forgive thee.

BLANCHE
Let us soak him in the chamber-pot, so as to turn his head.

WOO
Aye, and see what vapourises; then he will see what is foul

They insert his head into the chamber-pot

BLANCHE
What dreadful noise of waters in thine ears! Thou hast cool'd thy head; think now upon drier matters

WOO
Speak now on ducats else again we'll thee duckest, whither the money, Lebowski?

THE KNAVE
Faith, it awaits down there someplace; prithee let me glimpse again

WOO
What, thou rash egg! Thus will we drown thine exclamations.

They again insert his head into the chamber-pot

BLANCHE
Trifle not with the fury of two desperate men. Long has thy wife sealed a bond with Jacques Treehorn; as blood is to blood, surely thou owest to Jacques Treehorn in recompense.

WOO
Rise, and speak wisely, man--but hark;
I see thy rug, as woven i'the Orient,
A treasure from abroad. I like it not.
I'll stain it thus; to deadbeats ever thus

He stains the rug

Jiro was WOO, a thug, rug despoiler, and a Vanilla Townie

Night 1 now begins. Deadline for night actions is 18 hours from the time of this post.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 03:51 AM
:|

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Ugh.

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2014, 10:23 PM
You gather together the following morning to find one person missing.

Shorty, who was Sir Geoffrey of Lebowski and a Vanilla Townie, was shot Night One

Vote Count 2.0:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
edczxcvbnm (0) -
Jessweeee♪(0) -
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm, Jessweeee♪, Madonna, shion

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch or no lynch

Deadline will be in 24 hours from this post, but as that occurs while I am scheduled for work it is highly, highly unlikely the night phase will start on time

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Well this is unfortunate :(.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
The only two good bits to note are that both were Vanilla town. That said, things are proceeding poorly.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 10:36 PM
We can continue Jiro's or Shorty's job and lynch edzxcvbnm, or pursue other leads. Everyone voted yesterday, so it might be hard to see who is worth flagging or not, but we should try.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I feel like edzxcvbnm isn't active enough to be mafia. I dunno, though. I haven't done much mafia.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 10:57 PM
The final vote yesteday looked like this:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
(L-1)edczxcvbnm (4) - shion, Laddy, Jiro, Shorty
Jessweeee? (0) -
(L-1)Jiro (4) - Jessweeee?, Jinx, I Took the Red Pill, Madonna
Shorty (0) -
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
So no heat on Jinx, all heat removed from Laddy, one heat on ITtRP, four heat on ed, and you get the picture. Jiro also had the same number of heat on him as ed, but because he had the oldest vote, he suffered.

The person who essentially acted as the hammer was me, since I did not removed my vote or remove it and place it on ed.

However, yesterday sucked and no one was talking other than Shorty, Jiro, and I. I mean talking, in bulk. You guys got to post because mafia are not just going to give themselves away with one carefully prepared post; you got to keep milking them until they slip on something. So we are down two of our most vocal members and left with me. Suspicious, yes, but too obviously so*.

People I consider a definite look at are: shion, Jesswee, and Laddy. shion and Laddy are the two surviving voters on ed, and the mafia can be there and it has the appeal of being a short, short, list. shion stands out for her prompt vote on ed, and her absence right up to the very end. Nice to see you were watching this without comment, leaving Jiro to basically beg just me as the countdown happened. The other person I mention is Jiro's first voter and early talker but not a later show-er, Jesswee. I liked that she talked in the beginning and that she voted. Once everyone voted though, that last bit was less stellar, and after not posting after her vote, I like that even less stellar. The ploy of plopping a vote down early and leaving it, especially through silence, is a good, solid tactic when keeping your head down. However, I hate heads down.

People on the second-tier list that need to boost their ratings today include: Madonna, Red Pill, and Jinx. Face it, we voted for the wrong guy. Everyone voted yesterday, and that means two scum voted, and that means one scum definitely did not vote Red. Scum is out there, and at least one is in one of these two lists. Red Pill sucks because he is far and away, posting only a few times strongly before backing out. I hate that we agreed in the end, especially after he voted for me. Jinx sucks because when called on her poor line of thinking, she claimed inexperience and accused the person (me) of calling her scum. She so far has yet to be a very strong benefit to town. And then there is me, and I think I have already pointed out why I suck. You can include counting in my shortcomings if you want.

So, thoughts. You share them. I got to hear this.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 10:59 PM
I feel like edzxcvbnm isn't active enough to be mafia. I dunno, though. I haven't done much mafia.
This is a good thing to say now. Yesterday, it was not. Well, not if that was originally your excuse because he had not proven to be a sole-post-and-vote type at that time.

Madonna
01-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Actually, sorry; was coming down from a tea-high and from congratulating myself with a brilliantly long and insightful post. shion, what? So you are exonerating edzxcvbnm with your weird logic? I would have exempted him from being scum from the virtue that no one spent a parcel of care whether he went to the gallows instead Jiro. Hell, I probably should have jumped the Jiro ship and killed ed, but no one else was around (so I thought) to spice things up and the only person trying to change things was the guy being lynched and I have a hell of a Jiro-is-too-damn-dangerous-when-scum syndrome.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 12:10 AM
I certainly noticed that two ed voters have since been killed as well. What this means; I don't know. I'm certainly thankful I wasn't one of them. :p To be fair, he is the only non-Jiro play to have anything remotely resembling a significant risk so an argument can be made that probably was just coincidence.

What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?

Madonna
01-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I've gotta back up Lynx that it's interesting that both Jiro and Shorty voted for ed and both were knocked off.

I also find it strange and interesting that as Lynx pointed out, the three most vocal (at least for the second half of the day) were Jiro, Shorty, and Lynx. Only one of those people are left standing. Why? I think if Lynx isn't scum, it's very likely that he'll be next on the hitlist. He's calling people out when no one else is. So, while I'm very suspicious of him, I'm not quite ready to get rid of him yet. He's too invaluable to encouraging conversation.

I really wish ed would show up. I'd like to know why he only showed up to vote Red Pill and then disappeared. I'm not sure if he voted Red Pill before or after Red Pill vocalized being against a No Lynch, but either way, it's curiouser and curiouser.I do not think it is interesting that two people who voted ed died. We, the town, did that one, and Shorty's death can be attributed to being an active, which mafia loathe. It certainly would not make me suspect edzxcvbnm more.

...Except that the mafia chose to kill another voter on edzxcvbnm instead of the one outlier voter, which was...edzxcvbnm. Why not get rid of him instead of whittling down a suspect list that we have to check out? Or... why make ed look suspicious?

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 01:44 AM
What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

Regardless, I think we need to be very careful of Madonna. He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, the only person to really bring him up in a suspicious light, as far as I can see, was me, in the very beginning, with little to no basis for my claim (as Day 1 usually goes). It would be quite nice to just cruise to the finish with everyone trusting you as the father figure of the town.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 01:46 AM
I also apologize for my absence during a lot of the conversations at the end of Day 1. I didn't exactly consider the logistics of trying to play this game in a timezone 13 hours ahead of most people in this game. But it's the weekend now and I should be around a good bit more for the next few days.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 01:48 AM
I certainly noticed that two ed voters have since been killed as well. What this means; I don't know. I'm certainly thankful I wasn't one of them. :p To be fair, he is the only non-Jiro play to have anything remotely resembling a significant risk so an argument can be made that probably was just coincidence.

What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?Why would you be in danger? All the Day 1 heat moved off of you, from two, no, three people who were about to string you up. Granted, Jiro already had three votes, and he had the older vote, but Shorty clearly wanted to jump ship, and I had too as well in order to bring anything to a boil. Sadly, the only one slightly incriminated by the sudden reversal of fortune is me, since the other two are both a) dead and b) town. But you were not especially vocal yesterday, so the likelihood of you dying was low.

Shorty died for the same reason I did not; the town has to talk their way to victory, so silencing voices is key. I was too risky to kill; might be the Doctor for being so bold, the Doctor might protect the boldest speaker, and I was an obvious target from both side's perspectives.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
If it looks like I am overlooking responses, please point it out; not only do I type slowly, but I also spend a lot of time choosing words, so much that you can joke that I craft posts. It is like creative writing for actual conversations by an introvert! I will respond, but I take too long with a post while others carry on at a normal pace. My pace, sadly, is snail.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 02:01 AM
What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

Regardless, I think we need to be very careful of Madonna. He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, the only person to really bring him up in a suspicious light, as far as I can see, was me, in the very beginning, with little to no basis for my claim (as Day 1 usually goes). It would be quite nice to just cruise to the finish with everyone trusting you as the father figure of the town.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.
Funny enough, we are thinking the same thing. If this was a romantic comedy, well.

Yes, please be wary of me! Please be wary of everyone though! While it can be gratifying to have someone concur with your ideas, it is also worrisome; only the rope knows who these people are!

The best way to deal with Madonna is to do what he is doing: take control of the room and discussion. In fact, that is what he/me was recommending in the first place; with the death of two of our more talkative players, we need to have everyone emulate them. Sure, someone is going to say, "Hey, why so active now? How scummy!" but it is more scummy to not participate. Do not fall for the mafia tactic of intimidation; townies can be bullies too.

However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 02:05 AM
What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next? I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 02:21 AM
What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next?No, I think that if I was there, I probably would have kept my vote on Jiro. What he was trying to do was over the heads of most of the players (myself included), and I think it's his fault that he expected people to see what he was doing, and then he ended up talking himself into an even deeper hole. I stand by my point that the wild back-and-forth flailing he was doing raises more suspicion than anything anyone else was doing on Day 1. I don't fault edzxcvbnm for voting for me. It was done seemingly randomly, which is how a lot of people tend to vote on Day 1. But now that you mention the name I don't like that he's not posting at all. Has he posted more than just the vote for me? I'll have to go back and look through it.

I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?Yeah. Just when trout started to go down I had to teach a class. I came back to find a dead Jiro.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 02:43 AM
However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.The problem is that I'm not strongly suspicious of anyone right now. Some people aren't really posting enough to analyze their posts, and I think your argument for shion/Laddy/Jesswee is a bit lacking. So I posted something vague because I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

So unfortunately right now I don't have much to go on, except for you. I want to trust you, because if you are town then you're a serious boon to the good guys, but I'm scared that you're operating on a different level than everyone else and that you're going to gently push people into voting for whomever best suits your scummy needs at the time. I'm interested to see what other people have to say about you, because it seems like you've been given a free pass up until now.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 02:48 AM
So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.

If we still want to go after someone who is mostly a non-contributor, I suggest Jesswee, shion, or Red Pill. Comparatively, they have not contributed much. So if that was Shorty's and Jiro's game, I can work with this.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Well, I voted edzxcvbnm at first because he wasn't really posting, so I figured why lynch someone participating when we can get rid of someone who isn't. Now I'm just remarking that I think a mafia would probably be more active. But I don't know, I haven't played that much :P. I just get the impression he isn't checking the thread much at all, as opposed to someone who is watching and just staying under the radar. Really though, this is all just me taking a shot in the dark.

I also think killing off people who voted for him is a bit too obvious.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 02:55 AM
What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next?
No, I think that if I was there, I probably would have kept my vote on Jiro. What he was trying to do was over the heads of most of the players (myself included), and I think it's his fault that he expected people to see what he was doing, and then he ended up talking himself into an even deeper hole. I stand by my point that the wild back-and-forth flailing he was doing raises more suspicion than anything anyone else was doing on Day 1. I don't fault edzxcvbnm for voting for me. It was done seemingly randomly, which is how a lot of people tend to vote on Day 1. But now that you mention the name I don't like that he's not posting at all. Has he posted more than just the vote for me? I'll have to go back and look through it.

I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?Yeah. Just when trout started to go down I had to teach a class. I came back to find a dead Jiro.This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.

edzxcvbnm has only made the one post. Maybe we should look into them prodding rules.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 02:56 AM
My conception of day/night in this game is pretty screwy, how much time do we have left of Day 2?

So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.Why?

If we still want to go after someone who is mostly a non-contributor, I suggest Jesswee, shion, or Red Pill. Comparatively, they have not contributed much. So if that was Shorty's and Jiro's game, I can work with this.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪Well, it's the weekend and I'll be contributing a lot more now, and after one class on Monday I'll be on vacation for the Chinese New Year. You'll see me around a lot more.

I'm very interested that you just tossed a vote out there, though. There really hasn't been much of a discussion at all on who might be good to lynch, or why Jesswee would be a good choice. Or are you just voting somewhat randomly in an attempt to generate discussion?

Madonna
01-11-2014, 03:06 AM
However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.The problem is that I'm not strongly suspicious of anyone right now. Some people aren't really posting enough to analyze their posts, and I think your argument for shion/Laddy/Jesswee is a bit lacking. So I posted something vague because I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

So unfortunately right now I don't have much to go on, except for you. I want to trust you, because if you are town then you're a serious boon to the good guys, but I'm scared that you're operating on a different level than everyone else and that you're going to gently push people into voting for whomever best suits your scummy needs at the time. I'm interested to see what other people have to say about you, because it seems like you've been given a free pass up until now.
When you talk about not having strong suspicions, I get dismayed; you can go through an entire game not having strong suspicions if every game is going to be a quiet one like this. You got to talk, you got to vote, and you got to get people to respond. Otherwise, while I may be a boon to the good guys, then other people are being a boon to the bad guys. I am going to tell you to vote because we need to have action. How you go about acting and voting is up to you, but if you are not doing it openly, you are not being a town asset.

Please do not say things like, "I want to trust you," and that "[Y]ou've been given a free pass," because a) you should not trust me because that is not how town works, and b) who has given me a free pass and in what form? That is nebulous and could be applied to anyone, um, living. Perhaps I have been giving you, Red Pill, a free pass because I want activity and someone to also look at others. You seem focused on me, and that narrowness does not suit town.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 03:06 AM
This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.Oh, right. I'll have to give the thread another good read through, I'll post my thoughts eventually. Though my initial thought is that you're looking too deeply into things that happened on Day 1. Nobody knows jack on Day 1, and I think in some sense you're trying to correlate things that happened with sinister motives, when in fact it was just people voting, for the most part, blindly.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Well, I voted edzxcvbnm at first because he wasn't really posting, so I figured why lynch someone participating when we can get rid of someone who isn't. Now I'm just remarking that I think a mafia would probably be more active. But I don't know, I haven't played that much :P. I just get the impression he isn't checking the thread much at all, as opposed to someone who is watching and just staying under the radar. Really though, this is all just me taking a shot in the dark.

I also think killing off people who voted for him is a bit too obvious.
While voting for an inactive is standard practice, it is also common practice to withdraw the vote once they have shown up. But you kept it on, and yes, he kept being inactive. Yet now, Mafia has to be an active person? What is active, pray tell, by your definition? Everyone has been active to some extent, so where do you draw the line for inactive?

edzxcvbnm not caring about this game is different than him being scum. If he just does not care, then voting for him accomplishes nothing other than reducing numbers. It seems you are punishing a player (who is not going to notice), instead of trying to punish goons.

What is too obvious? That he must be scum because two people died? Or going after the two left? Only one of those deaths matters, just so we all know; again, Jiro was our town's handiwork, so Shorty is the only one we can definitively chalk up to the scum.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 03:24 AM
I hadn't though of that last part. At first I voted for edzxcvbnm because he was inactive and I figured why not. I don't particularly care for changing votes. I dunno why, really. But I figured I needed to vote for someone, so it was worth a shot. If ed was gone, considering his inactivity, it wouldn't be a huge loss. Sure, he may be a townie, but he wasn't contributing much to the thread or trying to help us find the goons. He's probably just busy with life, which is fine, but having a bunch of silent members doesn't do much for excitement :monster:

I don't intend to vote for him again, because you're right, being inactive doesn't make him mafia. Neither does being active. I already gave my reasons for my vote, even if they weren't really good reasons. I have no idea who to vote for this time.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 03:39 AM
My conception of day/night in this game is pretty screwy, how much time do we have left of Day 2?
I literally have no idea, which in part explains my vote. Just got to ensure something gets out, you know?

So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.Why?
Because edzxcvbnm was in danger of lynching yesterday. Because when the mafia could have kept Shorty on the list of suspects, they chose to off her. Because of setting up ed to look bad was easy for the mob. You know he was the only one who ended up not voting for one of the real lynch candidates, right? He voted for you, Red Pill.

Some things may look bad for him, but when you remember he was on the chopping block and no one tried to change that, you know he is expendable.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪Well, it's the weekend and I'll be contributing a lot more now, and after one class on Monday I'll be on vacation for the Chinese New Year. You'll see me around a lot more.

I'm very interested that you just tossed a vote out there, though. There really hasn't been much of a discussion at all on who might be good to lynch, or why Jesswee would be a good choice. Or are you just voting somewhat randomly in an attempt to generate discussion?There has not been a good discussion as to who might make a good lynch, and that is the problem. Yesterday, we could have had Jiro, and we would have been wrong today because we had an easy candidate. I vote for our Songnote because of the people I suggested, two of them are already talking. Ish.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 03:48 AM
This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.Oh, right. I'll have to give the thread another good read through, I'll post my thoughts eventually. Though my initial thought is that you're looking too deeply into things that happened on Day 1. Nobody knows jack on Day 1, and I think in some sense you're trying to correlate things that happened with sinister motives, when in fact it was just people voting, for the most part, blindly.
We learned plenty of things on Day 1; Jiro role-claimed, we (perhaps all me) theorized what he had to be all about, and we saw how a lot of people did not participate and how that affected the Day. Well, I hope we learned, otherwise today too will be a crapshoot.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I think it is hard to decide who might be mafia when there isn't a lot of people participating a great deal.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 03:58 AM
There has not been a good discussion as to who might make a good lynch, and that is the problem. Yesterday, we could have had Jiro, and we would have been wrong today because we had an easy candidate. I vote for our Songnote because of the people I suggested, two of them are already talking. Ish.True, the discussion has been lacking so far, but I think we still have a good chunk of time left. Hopefully the rest of the gang shows up soon.

I can see where you're coming from with regard to Jesswee. It would make sense for to have one of the two scum under the radar a bit more, even if it doesn't make for the most exciting game. Here's to hoping she'll be joining us shortly. I'm not ready to throw a vote down yet, though.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Maybe if you guys help exert some pressure, we might see some more people crop up, and they will have incentive to talk.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Okay. I'll second the

##vote Jessweeee♪

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Just did a quick skim through and this is what I have to say for the moment.

To be honest, I put it there on a whim. Just kicking some pebbles around until a ball starts rolling, y'know. I almost unvoted just because he posted some gifs I liked but I didn't oh well. The only eensy bit of suspicion I felt for anyone was later on after my vote, Jiro role claiming after Bleys made a post reminding us of the roles. I felt like Jiro would do something bold like that as town or mafia, but it was more than I had on anyone else, so I was just kind of "eh, I'll just leave it."

What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

Ok I've always been better at playing mafia than playing town, so maybe I can offer some insight here. The mafia do not kill:
Unconfirmed town with a history of voting confirmed town (easy lynch target, safe vote)
Inactive players (unthreatening, easy lynch target)
Their own (duh)
People they fear will be a wasted action (they suspect the player is protected somehow)

Shorty fits none of these criteria, so she's a good target. The mafia spends a great deal more talking about who to lynch the next day than who to kill. This is something very important to consider. Don't fall for the obvious set ups c:

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2014, 04:46 AM
And I just want to clarify by "talking about who to lynch" I mean "scheming in the secret mafia forum." Talking about who to lynch in the game thread is a good thing.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:22 AM
I went and reread the posts from Day 1 and I think Jinx's posts should be brought up. Essentially, she was the first one to cast a second vote, on Jiro, claiming he was causing a suspicious stir and and despite the probability of lynching a townie as she claimed, she insisted to lynch one anyway. She also insisted that being asked questions was "exhausting". Whatever that means. xD

Now I'm not stating her strategy was wrong in itself, but her insistence that we lynch a probably townie regardless of anyone's actions for information does set me as a bit bloodthirsty. Her methodology is just was to insistent on lynching a town the first opportunity she got. Sorry, Jinxie~

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 06:24 AM
But what about Laddy talking about Jinx talking about Jiro?

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:24 AM
I don't know what you mean. I campaigned for edzxcvbnm.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 06:28 AM
I meant your last post is clearly trying to get us to question Jinx so that we won't be questioning you

GASP!!!!!!

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just trying to participate.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:36 AM
No, it's cool. Ask away.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 06:40 AM
No, it's cool. Ask away.

Are you mafia, Laddy?

You should be honest because nobody likes a liar.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
No. I'm a good person.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
You should believe me; I'm handsome.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 06:49 AM
You bring up some good arguments.

I'll trust you.

For now

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Good.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Yay, someone voted!

Day 2 ends at 22:30 GMT.

Technically that's a few minutes past the 24 hour mark, but rounding to a 10 minute mark just makes things easier.

edzxcvbnm has only made the one post. Maybe we should look into them prodding rules.

Roger, prodding ed

Vote Count 2.1:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
edczxcvbnm (0) -
(L-2) Jessweeee♪(1) - Madonna, Shion
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm, Jessweeee♪

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I hadn't though of that last part. At first I voted for edzxcvbnm because he was inactive and I figured why not. I don't particularly care for changing votes. I dunno why, really. But I figured I needed to vote for someone, so it was worth a shot. If ed was gone, considering his inactivity, it wouldn't be a huge loss. Sure, he may be a townie, but he wasn't contributing much to the thread or trying to help us find the goons. He's probably just busy with life, which is fine, but having a bunch of silent members doesn't do much for excitement :monster:

I don't intend to vote for him again, because you're right, being inactive doesn't make him mafia. Neither does being active. I already gave my reasons for my vote, even if they weren't really good reasons. I have no idea who to vote for this time.I don't know how anyone can actually be against changing votes. If new "trout has come to light" (shoutout to The Dude), or if someone points out a flaw in your reasoning, or points out something you haven't noticed before, how can you be "against" changing votes?

Day 2 has been pretty dismal in terms of livelihood, and there hasn't been a coherent discussion about who to lynch. I'm not blaming anyone here (I'm the one who lives in Asia) but it's just kind of a bummer that you can see tumbleweeds rolling through the Day 2 posts.

So with nothing actually substantial to go on, I'm going to vote for shion. Her continued claims of ignorance of a good strategy are starting to make me think she's trying to blend in as the clueless girl of the bunch. Would be pretty bold if that was the case.

##VOTE: Shion

Since I'll be sleeping when the deadline hits, I want to apologize. Missing the first two down-to-the-wire moments in the first two Days sucks, but it's out of my control. Sorry guys.

Laddy
01-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Fair enough, Jinx. That still doesn't explain your insistence that we kill regardless, even if it, as you stated, would very much likely result in a Townie death.

Pumpkin
01-11-2014, 07:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with changing votes if something new comes to light, but nothing did, so me changing my vote from a blind vote to another blind vote just seems silly to me personally.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 07:50 PM
It seemed like we had all the time in the world until we had to sleep or do stuff in real life, huh, Red Pill?

##UNVOTE

Jiro's roleclaim and the whole bandwagon on Jiro or edzxcvbnm thing, two events, and nothing new came to light? I am still amazed that the only two people who gave a damn about Jiro being the Jailkeeper were Red Pill and I, unless I missed something. Laddy did not seem to care; I pointed out how ridiculous it had to be, and he just chirped that he believed him, despite logic being against it. I am not impressed with Day 2, and think that a lot of nothing has been posted during my absence. What happened, folks?

The only movement worth counting I have seen since coming back is noticing only two other people voted? shion and Laddy have done nothing to put themselves in a positive light, but... I have this darker suspicion this is currently the best move.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Holding out on voting until do or die time is just a way to drop a vote without having to discuss it. And not discussing, again, is the worst thing you can do. Ugh.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Vote Count 2.2:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
I Took the Red Pill (1) - Madonna
edczxcvbnm (0) -
(L-2) Jessweeee♪(1) - Shion
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm, Jessweeee♪

3 1/2 hours til deadline
5/7 players not voting
you are being heckled by the dead

Madonna
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Sorry, rather than write off all the posting you guys have done, I will take a look and try to respond.

Okay. I'll second the

##vote Jessweeee♪
Dislike. Why pile up on votes instead of spreading it out? I guess we could quickly pile up on her and get people immediately talking, but you are one of my better suspects, and doing a speed lynch is not usually the work for town.

Just did a quick skim through and this is what I have to say for the moment.

To be honest, I put it there on a whim. Just kicking some pebbles around until a ball starts rolling, y'know. I almost unvoted just because he posted some gifs I liked but I didn't oh well. The only eensy bit of suspicion I felt for anyone was later on after my vote, Jiro role claiming after Bleys made a post reminding us of the roles. I felt like Jiro would do something bold like that as town or mafia, but it was more than I had on anyone else, so I was just kind of "eh, I'll just leave it."
This seems legit; I, too, had plenty of reason to believe Jiro was Vanilla and theorized on it a great bit, but I also feared that Jiro was pulling off a goon move of a century because it was so unsafe for a townie, and we all know that turned out horrible. What I really wanted was to see votes pulled off Jiro and put on a new line of inquiry, but on just offering up edzxcvbnm when I was looking at Laddy and his change of fortunes.

Ok I've always been better at playing mafia than playing town, so maybe I can offer some insight here. The mafia do not kill:
Unconfirmed town with a history of voting confirmed town (easy lynch target, safe vote)
Inactive players (unthreatening, easy lynch target)
Their own (duh)
People they fear will be a wasted action (they suspect the player is protected somehow)

Shorty fits none of these criteria, so she's a good target. The mafia spends a great deal more talking about who to lynch the next day than who to kill. This is something very important to consider. Don't fall for the obvious set ups c:All of this is pretty good advice, and something to consider when you start brewing your own batch of revelations. So maybe, just maybe, I can see the wisdom of lynching inactives, but I fear there would be little discussion in doing so.

I went and reread the posts from Day 1 and I think Jinx's posts should be brought up. Essentially, she was the first one to cast a second vote, on Jiro, claiming he was causing a suspicious stir and and despite the probability of lynching a townie as she claimed, she insisted to lynch one anyway. She also insisted that being asked questions was "exhausting". Whatever that means. xD

Now I'm not stating her strategy was wrong in itself, but her insistence that we lynch a probably townie regardless of anyone's actions for information does set me as a bit bloodthirsty. Her methodology is just was to insistent on lynching a town the first opportunity she got. Sorry, Jinxie~
We were dealing with a blind situation, and Jiro made a really, really strange gambit. When there is something a person does not understand, an instinctual response is to lash back and leave it be. I can see why people would vote Jiro when presented with the conundrum of his situation, especially because he obviously tried so hard to get that effect. I am not ruling out Jinx, but a lynch has to start somewhere. Good find! However... are you not the second person to vote for edzxcvbnm, Laddy?

Madonna
01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Quoting all of this to highlight a waste of daytime. They could have been discussing theories, looking into that Jinx slant one of them sort of mentions. There was a "campaign" for edzxcvbnm, but that goes nowhere. Then it devolves further, something I could barely imagine, into a kind of #eoff chat.

But what about Laddy talking about Jinx talking about Jiro?

I don't know what you mean. I campaigned for edzxcvbnm.

I meant your last post is clearly trying to get us to question Jinx so that we won't be questioning you

GASP!!!!!!

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just trying to participate.

No, it's cool. Ask away.

No, it's cool. Ask away.

Are you mafia, Laddy?

You should be honest because nobody likes a liar.

No. I'm a good person.

You should believe me; I'm handsome.

You bring up some good arguments.

I'll trust you.

For now

Good.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 08:38 PM
For the record, I didn't say that being asked questions was exhausting. I said when I ask questions, and people automatically assuming I'm being sneaky for just asking a question relating to how the game is played--that's exhausting.
Maybe your questions are bad questions. Maybe you do have something to hide and you lash back when interrogated. Maybe you have nothing to hide, are defensive, and lash back when interrogated. Maybe I take Mafia a little too seriously to walk a newbie through the process. None of this is positive.

I don't intend to vote for him again, because you're right, being inactive doesn't make him mafia. Neither does being active. I already gave my reasons for my vote, even if they weren't really good reasons. I have no idea who to vote for this time.I don't know how anyone can actually be against changing votes. If new "trout has come to light" (shoutout to The Dude), or if someone points out a flaw in your reasoning, or points out something you haven't noticed before, how can you be "against" changing votes?

Day 2 has been pretty dismal in terms of livelihood, and there hasn't been a coherent discussion about who to lynch. I'm not blaming anyone here (I'm the one who lives in Asia) but it's just kind of a bummer that you can see tumbleweeds rolling through the Day 2 posts.

So with nothing actually substantial to go on, I'm going to vote for shion. Her continued claims of ignorance of a good strategy are starting to make me think she's trying to blend in as the clueless girl of the bunch. Would be pretty bold if that was the case.

##VOTE: Shion

Since I'll be sleeping when the deadline hits, I want to apologize. Missing the first two down-to-the-wire moments in the first two Days sucks, but it's out of my control. Sorry guys.
Highlighting I Took the Red Pill's post to show I am not skipping important things, that I have read it, and to say that this has been a pretty good contribution to the war front. Not so great that he votes and leaves, because we want people to argue about votes, but solid nonetheless.

Fair enough, Jinx. That still doesn't explain your insistence that we kill regardless, even if it, as you stated, would very much likely result in a Townie death.
I acknowledge you may have found a loose thread here, but what are you going to unravel? That she voted on a person that was possibly town? With an inability to confirm innocence, that person we strung up could have been scum. Your persistence on this, Laddy, makes it seem you just want her to trip up in explanation.

I think I made it pretty clear that I took that stance because then we'd have more to go off of today. Lynx pointed out that that would only work if we had ample discussion yesterday, which ended up happening.
Well, yesterday's givens are great and all, but I was hoping there would be a lot more givens today as well, but no one is providing. Today, in the best case scenario, would have been a very robust discussion of what we learned yesterday, lots of defensive responses, and plenty more to work on while we all began voting. No one is voting.

It seemed like we had all the time in the world until we had to sleep or do stuff in real life, huh, Red Pill?

##UNVOTE

Jiro's roleclaim and the whole bandwagon on Jiro or edzxcvbnm thing, two events, and nothing new came to light? I am still amazed that the only two people who gave a damn about Jiro being the Jailkeeper were Red Pill and I, unless I missed something. Laddy did not seem to care; I pointed out how ridiculous it had to be, and he just chirped that he believed him, despite logic being against it. I am not impressed with Day 2, and think that a lot of nothing has been posted during my absence. What happened, folks?

The only movement worth counting I have seen since coming back is noticing only two other people voted? shion and Laddy have done nothing to put themselves in a positive light, but... I have this darker suspicion this is currently the best move.
So I want to point out here with my post that I have been harping on about Laddy so far, and it might be surprising I am not going after him and instead I Took the Pill. I am going after Red Pill because of several reasons, but the most pertinent is that he was the one other lynch candidate, at a long shot, and was voted for the lynch by edzxcvbnm.

you are being heckled by the dead
I did not get killed yet, dead. Nyah.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I did not get killed yet, dead. Nyah.

I'm also heckling and I am not dead.

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2014, 10:16 PM
##Vote: I Took The Red Pill

I feel of all of the players here he is saying the most game related things without saying anything at all. It just feels a little wishy-washy. Just a little. An example of what I mean by that sort of behavior:

So why isn't he [Madonna] dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

What I see when I read this is "mafia killed someone and it could be because x, but also y and z are also pretty likely I mean who could possibly discern their intentions."

Another example:

"People appear to trust Madonna. Maybe they shouldn't. For no reason other than because they do trust him."

It's not something I find hugely incriminating, but it's a red flag to me, and it's what sticks out to me the most.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Anyone else here? We got, like, six minutes left.

##UNVOTE

Madonna
01-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Unvoting puts Jessweeee♪ in a distinctly bad position.

Madonna
01-11-2014, 10:30 PM
You know what, I wanted Red Pill, and I am going to take it.

Citizen Bleys
01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Vote Count 2.3:

Jinx (0) -
Laddy (0) -
I Took the Red Pill (2) - Jessweeee♪, Madonna
edczxcvbnm (0) -
Jessweeee♪(1) - Shion
Madonna (0) -
shion (0) -
Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm

JACQUES TREEHORN
Good Knave, my thanks for travels thou hast made;
By Jacques Treehorn I am called in name
I bid the welcome to my humble home
And beg thee take a bev'rage of thy choice.

THE KNAVE
The brew of whitest Russia I would sip,
As fair York's rose. How fares thy working trade?

JACQUES TREEHORN
A playwright and a theatre-man am I,
With tendrils dipp'd in lakes of many stripes,
In printed word, in dumb-show and in court.

THE KNAVE
Which be 'Log Jamming?"

I Took the Red Pill has been lynched! He was Jacques Treehorn, a Mafia Rolecop

Night lasts ~18 hours from the time of this post. (This will be 16:40 GMT for purposes of night actions, but daystart may be an hour and a half to two hours or so later because I'll be at work...my shift starts literally 10 minutes before deadline)

I'm not going to ask for this thread to be locked until I am able to fill in the flavour, but kindly pretend it is

Endless
01-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Oh trout, nevermind.

Also, how was that 24 hours?!

It actually was 24h14m03s.