PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar People Day

Shorty
01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
I received an email from Mental Floss (http://mentalfloss.com/) notifying me that it's Peculiar People Day!

So, nerds, what makes you peculiar?

Araciel
01-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Pen and paper RPGs... Apparently they're so weird.

Psychotic
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I collect nose hair trimmings from famous people. The pride of my collection is one from the guy who played Crabbe in Harry Potter!

Shorty
01-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Do you use them to concoct Polyjuice potions?

Loony BoB
01-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I am exactly normal. This day is obviously not for me. :shifty:

Psychotic
01-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I am exactly normal. This day is obviously not for me. :shifty:You just had to one-up me by having a real hair collection didn't you? :colbert:

Sephex
01-10-2014, 05:55 PM
When I am really drunk or ambien is hitting me really hard, I am absolutely convinced that my cat can understand English. So I end up talking to the cat for a couple of hours telling her it's cool if she speaks my language at me because sometimes she is vague on what she wants by standing around and meowing. I promise her I won't tell nobody. It doesn't help that when I do this, she sometimes gets wide eyed and darts out of the room.

She knows.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I am a food separatist. This apparently makes me peculiar. Sharky's dad treated me like some rare species when he saw me separating my food.

I don't want my food to touch if it isn't supposed to touch!

sharkythesharkdogg
01-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Let's stand together and end food apartheid.

Solidarity, brothers and sisters.

http://massfreq.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/africa_black_power_fist_poster-p228.jpg

Heath
01-10-2014, 11:27 PM
For about a year I was a regular on PostCrossing (http://www.postcrossing.com) and amassed quite a large collection of postcards, which I think people thought was a bit peculiar. My postman certainly did.

Parker
01-10-2014, 11:42 PM
cool a day where annoying lolrandom people can be even more random and whacko and weird and lolpeculiar and irritating to me

Ayen
01-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Having to look up the word peculiar.

Calliope
01-11-2014, 04:21 AM
For about a year I was a regular on PostCrossing (http://www.postcrossing.com) and amassed quite a large collection of postcards, which I think people thought was a bit peculiar. My postman certainly did.

This may be my new favourite website.

Bunny
01-11-2014, 06:21 AM
I've been here since 2006.

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Sometimes I still roleplay. In a chat room. With a very old friend. We're rarely on at the same time when we're both available (and in the mood) to do so. I've never admitted this to anyone ever, actually.

Also, like most people here in EoFF, I listen to an extremely wide range of music- from pop to rock to "truck driver country" to Japanese Rock & Pop, K & C-Pop, to Spanish Cumbia, Bachata, Reggaeton, Duranguense, Rock, etc, and "Old School" Rap.. I've also got some other stuff on my iPod as well.

I'm intermediately fluent in Spanish. I consider myself more on the Basic level, but to every non-Spanish speaker, I'm totally fluent. I also tell everyone that I specifically speak Mexican Spanish. That's the dialect I know best. Yes, Spanish is widely spoken in many different countries, but there are different words for different things and I know the Mexican terms for them.

I also know how to cook authentic Mexican food. My rice and beans are just as good as any Mexican grandmother's. That actually might be overreaching a bit, but every non-Mexican that's had my Mexican cooking has said that it's better than anything they've ever had in a restaurant.

I've had so many non-Hispanic people be like "OMG EW. Do you like -think- you're Mexican? 'Cuz that's kinda really gross." 'cuz of those 2 things plus my daughter is 1/2 Mexican..

Plus I guess the fact that I'm so open & honest about things .. Like I don't care if people know that I've gone through a couple of drug addictions or that I've been in an abusive relationship or that I've done pretty much everything I've done. I try not to talk about those things as much, but I don't hesitate to be like "Oh this one time, I was really tweaked out and this happened".

Those things, I guess, make me peculiar.

Iceglow
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm uh me, need I really go in to details on this one?

Heath
01-11-2014, 12:22 PM

This may be my new favourite website.

You should! It was really good fun, and I only stopped because of the expense while I was at university. I also happened to live in York, easily one of the prettiest cities in England at the time, so I often had really nice postcards to send. Here's the gallery of some of the ones I sent/received: http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Corkertron/gallery

I got some postcards from some really obscure places. My personal favourite was from French Polynesia, which was not only almost 9,500 miles away but was also numbered 150, meaning that only 149 other people had received one from there before me. Most other countries are well into the thousands or tens of thousands. (http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/PF-150)

Now I want to start up again!

Bubba
01-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I like to take pictures of all the neighbourhood pets.

... in various states of decomposition.

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Sometimes I still roleplay. In a chat room. With a very old friend. We're rarely on at the same time when we're both available (and in the mood) to do so. I've never admitted this to anyone ever, actually.

Also, like most people here in EoFF, I listen to an extremely wide range of music- from pop to rock to "truck driver country" to Japanese Rock & Pop, K & C-Pop, to Spanish Cumbia, Bachata, Reggaeton, Duranguense, Rock, etc, and "Old School" Rap.. I've also got some other stuff on my iPod as well.

I'm intermediately fluent in Spanish. I consider myself more on the Basic level, but to every non-Spanish speaker, I'm totally fluent. I also tell everyone that I specifically speak Mexican Spanish. That's the dialect I know best. Yes, Spanish is widely spoken in many different countries, but there are different words for different things and I know the Mexican terms for them.

I also know how to cook authentic Mexican food. My rice and beans are just as good as any Mexican grandmother's. That actually might be overreaching a bit, but every non-Mexican that's had my Mexican cooking has said that it's better than anything they've ever had in a restaurant.

I've had so many non-Hispanic people be like "OMG EW. Do you like -think- you're Mexican? 'Cuz that's kinda really gross." 'cuz of those 2 things plus my daughter is 1/2 Mexican..

Plus I guess the fact that I'm so open & honest about things .. Like I don't care if people know that I've gone through a couple of drug addictions or that I've been in an abusive relationship or that I've done pretty much everything I've done. I try not to talk about those things as much, but I don't hesitate to be like "Oh this one time, I was really tweaked out and this happened".

Those things, I guess, make me peculiar.

I'm uh me, need I really go in to details on this one?

Yer Speshal! XD

Fuzakeru
01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I actually can't think of anything outstandingly peculiar about me. I'm a bit disappointed.

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 05:53 PM
How the hell did I quote myself? Oh well

that post card site looks hella neat .