PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty to Entertainers and Artists

Shorty
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Are there any people who fall into the realm of celebrities/artists/directors/comedians/authors/general enterainment that you would remain loyal to almost indefinitely? Say they produced some terrible, godawful work, or were involved in a scandal of sorts. Is there anyone that you admire so much you would look past most any flaws in their work or stains on their resume or reputation?

Wes Anderson has indefinitely captured me by the heart and I cannot imagine loving him any less than I do now. Also, I don't believe I've ever seen Jason Schartzman in a role I didn't like him in.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Wes Anderson is the main person that sticks out to me. I'm also pretty loyal to the Coen brothers. Oh! Hayo Miyazaki is someone I will always follow.

It's hard to think anyone outside of those four directors, though. Relient K is what got me into music, so I'll probably always give their new albums a try even though they've produced a lot of crap lately. Sufjan Stevens is also another artist I'll always check out when new stuff comes out. Authors I don't really have any loyalty to. Generally I'll read one book or one series by an author and then never touch their other work..

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-10-2014, 06:31 PM
SquareEnix :monster:

Touched on this in my Eyes on You, but I'm a really big fan of Ken Lloyd. I just think he's great. I love his voice and music. He was nice enough to answer some questions and talk with me on Facebook a ways back.

yXhL9trVIic

Fynn
01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
J. K. Rowling, though I'd read anything she writes even if she turned out to be a terrible person. Anything she writes is just a joy to read. Ditto with Haruki Murakami.

Pumpkin
01-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Terry Pratchett

Sandra Bullock

Calliope
01-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty partial to Will Smith.

Ayen
01-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Chloe Grace Moretz, Hailee Steinfeld, Maisie Williams, Winona Ryder, Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs and a crap ton of other people I can't think of off the top of my head. I just don't hold them to ridiculous standards like a lot of people do with celebrities so I'm not phased much when/if they make crap or do something stupid.

escobert
01-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Nas has done and said many stupid things over the years but, I will always love him.

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 07:49 PM
He's dead now, but Tupac.
And South Park Mexican.. cuz he's cool.

Nikki Reed is another big one along with I guess Koda Kumi, Björk, Shirley Manson, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, and some others.

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Do video game related people count?

Because Gaben. :love: and Michael Kirkbride. :kaoclove:

Currently I have also pretty much decided that GameFreak can do no wrong.

Non-video-game stuff... hrrmm. I think I will probably buy Lady Gaga's stuff forever. And I don't even care.

And if we can include people who are no longer with us, Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Jiro
01-12-2014, 02:08 AM
I will buy all of SM Johnson's books

Loony BoB
01-12-2014, 02:23 AM
Tom Cruise. I don't even care what anyone else thinks, Tom is great.

And yeah, Square Enix get an easy ride with me, but then, so do most game developers because there aren't many games out there that aren't enjoyable at all for me.

Lonely Paper Star
01-12-2014, 03:54 AM
Square-Enix, for sure, as well as the casts of Harry Potter (especially Emma Watson) and Game of Thrones. Also, Lea Salonga, the Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, and Jay Park. :nod:

Madame Adequate
01-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Iain M. Banks, as long as he was writing under that name. Not to say I dislike his non-Culture stuff but it's never grabbed me like the sci-fi does. RIP. :(

For music, definitely Perturbator, Futurecop!, and Lazerhawk.

Paradox Entertainment's developed games will pretty much always have my full attention. There was a time when I would have said the same about Maxis but... those days have passed.

AssassinDX
01-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Gonna second Will Smith, and Tom Cruise. Can't think of a bad film they've done, although my opinion is skewed by the man-crush I have on them. No Scientology or irritating kids will change my opinion. :P

In terms of music, the Japanese band Straightener haven't released a bad song to date. Same with composer Shiru Sagisu, anyone who's heard the Casshern soundtrack will immediately idolise the guy.

Pike
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Paradox Entertainment's developed games will pretty much always have my full attention. There was a time when I would have said the same about Maxis but... those days have passed.

I nominate Firaxis too. Even with some of their blunders I'll still be immediately interested in anything they announce.

There was a time when I would have said Brian Reynolds but... :(

Madame Adequate
01-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Brian why :( I do agree with Firaxis though, Civ V isn't my bag but they've still got it in them.

Night Fury
01-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Lea Michelle :heart:

Basically anyone who is part of the Whedonverse too.

Jiro
01-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Basically anyone who is part of the Whedonverse too.

oh yeah

Shaibana
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
i dont follow anything on the media if it comes to scandals etc

i dnt have an actor/actress that ill blindly follow too any movie

but i refuse to go to any movie with Tom Cruise in it. i dont know why but i really cant stand that guy