PDA

View Full Version : TV Audience

Heath
01-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Have you ever been in the audience for a TV show?

I went to a recording of Mastermind over the summer, and it's on at the moment. It's a bit funny seeing myself in the audience. It was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, with my girlfriend requesting tickets as a bit of a joke. It was great fun though, and I'd love to do it again for something other than a quiz show. It also made me want to apply to go on someday.

However, what's rather embarrassing is the fact that I don't remember anywhere near as many answers as I should do!

Minami
01-10-2014, 10:26 PM
I had tickets for the final most haunted show, I think it was in Notfolk but ended up I couldn't go because we were snowed in! So disappointed :(

Ayen
01-11-2014, 12:19 AM
I went to an ECW taping and live edition of RAW they had out at the Sprint Center back in 2010. No idea if I appeared on the camera or not, I know the camera came my way a couple of times but never got to watch the actual shows.

escobert
01-11-2014, 12:48 AM
no.

Jiro
01-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Do you get any instructions or directions? I always seem to think audience members are just like, bored actors or something. Free lunch if you do this thing for us or something.

Miriel
01-11-2014, 01:32 AM
One of my life goals is to be a part of the audience for the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. It needs to happen.

Shorty
01-11-2014, 01:33 AM
I've never had the desire to be a part of a TV audience or to appear on a TV show.

A childhood friend of mine works on the set of Conan, though! Would not be difficult to get seating in there if I were in town.

Calliope
01-11-2014, 04:18 AM
I was in the audience for Top of the Pops once. It was awesome!

Heath
01-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Do you get any instructions or directions? I always seem to think audience members are just like, bored actors or something. Free lunch if you do this thing for us or something.

Apart from applauding the contestants, there weren't any, no. They did have a warm-up comedian who'd tell jokes and keep the audience amused before shooting and whenever they'd have to stop recording for whatever reason.

The closest thing I got to a free lunch was a KitKat and a carton of orange juice. So a very modest free lunch!

Bubba
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
I haven't been a member of a studio audience but I did used to work near Granada Studios in Manchester where the audience for Jeremy Kyle used to line-up before the show.

It was literally as if the Uruk-hai were having a recruitment day.

Fuzakeru
01-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Sadly, no. I don't know if I could sit still for that long either.

noxious.sunshine
01-11-2014, 05:57 PM
My sister and I were seat fillers at the 2006 CMAs. You can briefly see my oh-so-pale face and leg during Josh Turner's performance.

And my ex and I went to Monday Night Raw, but we were wayyyyy back in the nosebleed section...

AssassinDX
01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I was in the audience for a local wrestling event, I don't know what channel were filming (probably the news or something) but it was a pretty big deal as Yokozuna was supposed to be there but he died the night before up in Liverpool so Marty Jannetty took his place, and The Bushwhackers were there as well.

It was funny because a lot of the guys were local wrestlers and we didn't know whether to boo or cheer them, so in true wrestling fashion if a good guy made his entrance he'd high-five the fans and get the crowd cheering for him, and a bad guy would basically throw abuse at us. We were instructed to go mad for Jannetty in the main event, but we all did anyway.

I was also in the audience for some sort of Fozzy video tour diary thing, we all got filmed going wild to Enemy and he got us all doing that thing metal fans do when we stomp our feet, pump our fists and shout HEY! HEY! HEY! repeatedly. It almost felt like a Nazi rally, but it was an awesome experience.

Shaibana
01-13-2014, 04:02 PM
i was once a candidat at a dutch show called EchtWaar!? (translation: is it true!?)
there were 100 candidates on thats show. the point of the show is that you have to guess what is true. the host of the show asks the question and the 2 co-hosts(?) each explain in their own way what or how it is.

after that is is up to you to guess wich of the 2 speaks the truth

i was already out after the 1st question :( didnt win any money :P

it was reall fun to be there :D

(an example of the show)
Echt Waar welk dier kan niet zwemmen - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfnc-M-_GA)

Loony BoB
01-13-2014, 04:27 PM
I haven't, but I wouldn't mind being in the audience for a show such as Who's Line Is It Anyway?, QI or 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. Any good comedy panel/game show, really.

Shiny
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Inside the Actor's Studio, Chelsea Lately, and Anderson Cooper's talk show.

I got tickets to Wendy Williams show and The View, but I ended not going because I got sick. Actually that's a lie, I didn't go to The View because I forgot I put my name down to be wait listed and then like two years later I got the email and was busy the days they said to come.

I would like to be an audience member for Graham Norton's show and I am on the wait list for SNL. SNL is really the only one I ever really wanted to go to because I get the feeling it's always interesting no matter who's the guest. The other shows tend to only be interesting depending on who the guest is.

One of my life goals is to be a part of the audience for the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. It needs to happen.
I am going to a Colbert Report taping this Wednesday. Love him!

Sephex
01-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Went to a wrestling event back in 2002. I wasn't really deep into wrestling, but I figured it would be an interesting time. It was WWE Smackdown for the record (and they recently changed their name to WWE then). It was very weird to see wrestling and not hear the announcers. I also figured out how they get so many people into the low card wrestling shows. They just tape that before the main show! Bastards!

Heath
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
I haven't, but I wouldn't mind being in the audience for a show such as Who's Line Is It Anyway?, QI or 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. Any good comedy panel/game show, really.

A friend from work had a spare ticket to 8 out of 10 Cat Does Countdown, and I was rather disappointed I didn't go! QI would be great.

I've love to go to a live recording of Have I Got News For You? even though it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

I went to a radio recording of Just a Minute about five years ago, which has to be one of the funniest hours of my life.

Shlup
01-14-2014, 01:06 AM
You would think I would, since I live in an area where a lot of stuff is filmed. Some of my friends actually saw Price is Right just last weekend. I just don't care enough to put in the effort. :p