PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Games

Ayen
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Let's talk about X-Men video games!

The first X-Men game I ever played was the Uncanny X-Men for the NES. I played that with my brother back when we still had the old Nintendo before he sold it to my cousin. The next X-Men game I would play after that would be X-Men 2 Clone Wars for the Sega, which I also played with my brother and is my favorite X-Men game of all time. I also vaguely remember playing the old arcade game when it first came out, "Welcome to die!"

I remember watching my brother play Wolverine Adamantium Rage which I only played for a little bit. That game was a pain in the ass! After that I don't think I would play another X-Men game again until the PS2/GCN/Xbox era when I played Wolverine's Revenge and X-Men Legends, another favorite.

Most recently I played the Deadpool game I got for the PS3 this past Christmas. HILARIOUS! I love that game so much. It's everything a Deadpool game should be.

What are some X-Men games you played? Did you like them or hate them? What are your favorite X-Men games? Discuss.

NeoExdeath
01-11-2014, 11:56 AM
I find most, if not all but 1 X-Men game boring. However, the one I like, X-Men 2: Clone Wars on the Sega Mega Drive is amazing. Gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Del Murder
01-11-2014, 11:58 PM
I love the X-Men arcade game. 'Welcome to die!' :hot:

Also all of the Capcom fighting games involving X-Men.

Bolivar
01-12-2014, 12:27 AM
X-Men: Magnet's Move on Genesis was pretty cool for its time. There was also a really hard game called Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge which let you play as a lot of different characters who each had their own level where the game mechanics were very different. That was fun, too, but not as enjoyable.

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:22 AM
I...

Huh.

Thinking about it now I don't think I have ever played an X-Men game.

Were some of the characters in Marvel vs. Capcom? I can't recall. If so that's probably the closest I've gotten.

Ayen
01-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Somebody give Pike an X-Men game to play.

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Seriously. Recommend me some good and easy-to-obtain ones.

Loony BoB
01-12-2014, 01:32 AM
I think I played one on the PS2 and I think it was alright, but it was too easy to die from falling off platforms.

Ayen
01-12-2014, 01:33 AM

What systems you got?

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:35 AM

What systems you got?

Oh goodness. A lot. I can emulate the ones I don't have.

Are there any good ones on Steam/PC? We'll start out with that.

Ayen
01-12-2014, 01:41 AM

What systems you got?

Most of the ones I played were on consoles. Deadpool has a PC port, though and that's pretty good. X-Men Legends is another one if you have PS2/Gamecube/Xbox and you should emulate X-Men 2 Clone Wars because it's the best one and anyone who disagrees is a member of the Brotherhood :colbert:

Pike
01-12-2014, 01:48 AM

What systems you got?

Most of the ones I played were on consoles. Deadpool has a PC port, though and that's pretty good. X-Men Legends is another one if you have PS2/Gamecube/Xbox and you should emulate X-Men 2 Clone Wars because it's the best one and anyone who disagrees is a member of the Brotherhood :colbert:

Oh good, I have a GameCube and PS2 (and a dearly departed original Xbox). I'll look up X-Men Legends. And Deadpool, because Deadpool is great. And that other one, because I don't want to be on your shit list. :p Thanks for the info!

Forsaken Lover
01-13-2014, 04:16 AM
I AM MAGNETO, MASTER OF MAGNET!

uPrnh-zZwqc

Skyblade
01-13-2014, 05:51 AM
I AM MAGNETO, MASTER OF MAGNET!

uPrnh-zZwqc

Internet obligations fulfilled.

Poor Magneto was never understood. You name a place "Die", and everyone who visits gets unhappy.

Vyk
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
X-Men Legends is a fantastic and yet simplified Diablo-style action game. I had the two main Genesis games. The first one, where you had to physically reset your console at the end of the 4th stage was ridiculous, but memorable. The second one was so refined and fun. Honestly I've yet to play the X-Men Arcade game. But it's finally seeing digital ports stateside in XBLA and PSN and stuff. I would imagine it's on Steam. Other Capcom beat'em'ups are. One surprise hit was the Wolverine game based on the flop movie, in a surprising turn of events, the game is infinitely better than the movie. There's a demo on XBL and PSN that I would highly suggest checking out if remotely interested. It's very God of War, and very awesome. Very true to what Wolverine should have been. Diving out of a helicopter without a parachute, and dodging anti-aircraft fire on the way down and if you're lucky you can slam into some poor unfortunate sob when you land. Then he gets up, cracks his bones, heals up, and walks off to rain hell and death on everyone else around him. Great way to begin a game

Ayen
01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Sounds like one of the rare times when the video game adaption of a motion picture is actually better than the motion picture. I remember The Hulk (2003) being a similar case. The game actually got me excited to see the movie and the movie was nowhere near as good as the game.

Mercen-X
01-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Wolverine for NES (own), X-Men for Sega (I only remember a level playing as Psylocke), X-Men Legends (eh, I don't care for it)... does Avengers (arcade) qualify, I think besides Vision and Cap, you could play as one of the X-Men (I think Cyclops)... I've also played a bit of the Marvel Alliance via Facebook. Though most of the characters I have access to are Avengers.