PDA

View Full Version : Language Buddy Program

Pumpkin
01-12-2014, 04:13 AM
I had an idea. Since a lot of the members here speak more than one language, and other members here want to learn another language, I figured why not find some forum buddies to help us out.

Would anyone here be interested? If so, just post your interest here in what language you can volunteer to help someone practice or what language you would like to learn.

After that, people can just pair up and make arrangements for lessons, or practice conversations, or whatever works best for you :).

Also, since I'm here, I'll get it started.

I can teach French and I would like some help with learning Spanish.

noxious.sunshine
01-12-2014, 06:09 AM
I can help with Spanish... You already know that ;p

I'm not anywhere close to being fluent and I speak the Mexican dialect, but I know enough to get by on.

French could be cool to learn, but I'm already worried that I'm forgetting my Spanish since I don't speak it nearly as much as I used to, so tacking that on would be hard.

I guess Tagalog would be the only other natural choice, given that Jay is Filipino and they use a lot of Spanish words or mash ups of Spanish words.

Freya
01-16-2014, 05:51 AM
I was looking all over for this thread! Who wants to teach me swedish? :D

Citizen Bleys
01-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Could use some help with classical Latin.

Mirage
01-17-2014, 11:50 AM
hi id leik 2 learn englis

Jiro
01-18-2014, 02:05 AM
hi id leik 2 learn englis

you got it down better than a lot of people I see on Facebook, you're fine

noxious.sunshine
01-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Paula or Chris needs to hook me up with Tagalog lessons.

like..

WTF does "sigi sigi" mean!? I kinda hate that phrase a lot when I hear my bf says it. I know it's some kinda "goodbye",I guess, but it still annoys me for some reason.

Shaibana
01-20-2014, 12:37 PM
lol, im not much of a teacher i think :$ but Dutch can be learned here :P

i'd like to learn Korean of Japanese :D
even though i like the sound op Japanese more, id like to learn Korean to understand my music :D

noxious.sunshine
01-20-2014, 12:55 PM
I can rap in Korean. Hahaha.

dunno what any of it means tho.

Shaibana
01-20-2014, 01:19 PM
I can rap in Korean. Hahaha.

dunno what any of it means tho.

haha :P i can sing some Korean.. though i dont understand and i problably dont pronounce it right :P trolololo:kakapo:

noxious.sunshine
01-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Lmfao yes!! Ive learned a few words and phrases... Like sesang is world I think and yaksok is promise... Niga is we, but I have heard boy bands throw an extra G in there and säy the English slang for ghetto black people.

Bubba
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
My girlfriend can speak fluent French as her Mum's family all hail from France. She's not overly keen on speaking it though. I'd love to be able to speak another language and French is the one I'd probably go for.

I studied it in school and could probably pick out most words individually. Putting them into a sentence though is definitely beyond me.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
My girlfriend can speak fluent French as her Mum's family all hail from France. She's not overly keen on speaking it though. I'd love to be able to speak another language and French is the one I'd probably go for.

I studied it in school and could probably pick out most words individually. Putting them into a sentence though is definitely beyond me.

Would you like to practice with me?

Fonzie
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
I feel like people want to learn Swedish so we can decipher the things Pontus and Sara talk about in chat.

Jiro
01-21-2014, 12:16 AM
I feel like people want to learn Swedish so we can decipher the things Pontus and Sara talk about in chat.

That is 100% the reason I want to learn Swedish

Freya
01-21-2014, 01:20 AM
I find it to be a fun language. It's bouncy! When you say like pojka, which is boy, it's just bouncy!

Yar
01-22-2014, 03:38 AM
I want to learn either French or Portuguese, but I really don't have reasons for wanting to learn them so idk