PDA

View Full Version : Paper-Boy!

Ayen
01-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Who here has ever played Paper-Boy on the Nintendo Entertainment System?

It's where you play a paper boy, delivering papers on your bike and avoiding obstacles that want to DESTROY YOU! It's actually a lot better than it sounds.

WFhKnpn3WRc

Talk about papers, boys and Paper Boys!

Del Murder
01-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Paperboy was awesome. I spent many hours playing it as a kid. That skateboarder was freaking annoying. :nonono:

Jiro
01-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Is that one guy trying to fucking get his pants on upside down while lying on the ground in the middle of the fucking footpath I mean christ

Ayen
01-13-2014, 07:04 AM
I don't know, I don't remember any of the obstacles. Just the riding past people's houses and throwing papers. I don't think I was that good at the game.

Psychotic
01-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Is that one guy trying to fucking get his pants on upside down while lying on the ground in the middle of the fucking footpath I mean christIt's the mid 80's, he's breakdancing!

To answer your question, no, but I played it on the Amiga. :D I was awful at games as a kid so you can imagine how well I did with this.

Spooniest
01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I played it on the Genesis a lot.

I actually was a paperboy for a while. It sucked.

AssassinDX
01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
I had the SNES version, I was absolutely terrible at it. If I got a paper in a mail box it was through sheer luck, getting it on a door step wasn't much easier. I don;t recall making it past the first few levels, I'll have to go back and avenge that memory.

The Man
01-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I remember this game. I was really shitty at it and watching this TAS doesn't help

km6iJ06jMtA

Bubba
01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
I remember playing the SNES version too which I rented from a shop. I think it held my attention for all of 5 minutes before I put Super Mario Kart back on.

I didn't think it played particularly well and the premise didn't really appeal to me. I mean, at the time, I was a paperboy in real life. I play computer games for escapism so rather than play a game that mirrored by job, I drive a go kart around like a maniac with a man that looked like a mushroom.

Never played the NES version though so maybe I'm missing out!

Scotty_ffgamer
01-13-2014, 05:41 PM
N0PXuVc9Vgk

I don't think I've actually played Paperboy. I watched my brother play it some on the SNES or Genesis, though. It never really seemed like my kind of game, but I should give the NES version a try someday.

Shauna
01-13-2014, 06:14 PM
What I have learned from this thread:

Nobody was good at Paperboy.

Agent Proto
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
I played Paperboy on the NES; I was pretty terrible at it.
I also played Paperboy on the SNES; I was also pretty terrible at it.

Ayen
01-13-2014, 10:14 PM
What I have learned from this thread:

Nobody was good at Paperboy.

It was the eighties so we can blame the game for being too hard.