PDA

View Full Version : Bushido Blade

Ayen
01-14-2014, 07:25 AM
I know Spooniest and I can't be the only ones who played this game. Come on out, guys!

My brother used to own this game (Yevon only knows what he's done with it) and I used to watch him play. I remember it having a lot of modes. There was a story mode which split to every post-battle cutscene basically being a guy on the floor coughing up blood to a more... T rated deal. When you made it to the woman at the end you could choose to kill her or leave. I liked her and begged my brother not to kill her so he left. I saved her life! Then he went back later and killed her. DAMMIT!

I also remember the fighting stages being HUGE! You could run and keep running for a long time before you came to a dead end almost making it feel like an adventure game. Now mind you it has been YEARS since I played this game, so I could be remembering a lot of stuff wrong, but either way what I remember was awesome!

Discuss.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
YES. YES YES YES.

These games were amazingly good. The combat was magnificent. Huge open areas in which movement played a huge deal, because your character took pretty realistic damage from weapon strikes. Most of the time a single body shot would take you or your opponent out, so it was all about biding your time and using the expansive terrain to your advantage. Really made you feel like a proper samurai. :)

I'd kill to play these games again.

I WOULD KILL.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
I've never played Bushido Blade, but I remember being interested in them when I would see them at Gamestop or some such place when I was younger. I should try to get a hold of it someday.

I liked all of the variety we got from Square back in the PS1 era.

Flying Mullet
01-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Is this the game where you had to make honorable hits/strikes or you would be disqualified?

Shorty
01-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Bushido Blade II was exactly the second PlayStation game I ever played, and I enjoyed it immensely. I had been playing it on my uncle's console over time and I guess it was borrowed from a friend who took it back before I could finish :argh:

VeloZer0
01-14-2014, 05:50 PM
It's a sword fighting game with a more or less one-hit-kill mechanic, which makes for some very fun and tense fights.

Pete for President
01-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Always been interested, but never got to play it :cry:

Ayen
01-15-2014, 02:08 AM
Bushido Blade II was exactly the second PlayStation game I ever played, and I enjoyed it immensely. I had been playing it on my uncle's console over time and I guess it was borrowed from a friend who took it back before I could finish :argh:

There's a Bushido Blade II?

*runs off to the game store*

Mercen-X
01-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I only played the sequel, but I thought the dueling was great. I always did my damnedest to win with the hidden characters and falling short of that, I just started over without completing the campaign. My favorite character was the Highwayman.

Dr Unne
01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Bushido Blade II is the only one I played. Fun game. I liked how there was no background music most of the time. I liked killing endless streams of random nameless ninjas. The atmosphere was good.

Apparently one-hit sword duel games are having a bit of a resurgence right now. For example Nidhogg (http://www.nidhogggame.com/).

escobert
01-17-2014, 01:06 AM
I loved both games. I want them. *goes to amazon*