PDA

View Full Version : "Well colour me..."

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I hate when people say that followed by whatever bollox they feel.

Shut the fuck up and stop saying that ya prick ya sound like a fucking poor clone of a pretentious :bou::bou::bou::bou: who first said it.

The End. I needed to get that off my chest.

Jiro
01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Emotions aren't colours.

Cloudane
01-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Well colour me chastised :monster:

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
This is the thread someone would make if they wanted to pretend to be like Cuch.

Bubba
01-14-2014, 11:08 AM
I would never use this saying and would probably slap anyone who did.

Unless I wanted someone to actual paint me a certain colour. Which has happened... never.

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Unless I wanted someone to actual paint me a certain colour. Which has happened... never.

I hate the phrase man. It was annoying enough when I had to read it written by Americans but now it's creeping into the UK. I've actually stopped someone in their tracks in the pub threatening them with a broken bottle to face if they continued.

They did not continue.

Bubba
01-14-2014, 11:32 AM
I approve. A broken bottle is a bit mild though. I presume you didn't have a flame thrower to hand?

I have a huge problem with people who say "I could care less".

Niale
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Big Green i choose you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FrpcncHkA

The Man
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
I have a huge problem with people who say "I could care less".

You could care less (i.e., care quite a bit) about people who say they could care less when they mean they couldn't care less?

Old Manus
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I've actually stopped someone in their tracks in the pub threatening them with a broken bottle to face if they continued.

They did not continue.The child and his family were irreparably traumatised and never visited that pub again.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Nah, it's cool, he's from Dublin.

Niale
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM

I hate the phrase man. It was annoying enough when I had to read it written by Americans but now it's creeping into the UK. I've actually stopped someone in their tracks in the pub threatening them with a broken bottle to face if they continued.

They did not continue.

Good for you, you should keep the language like that, i dislike when they get mixed. Don't let americans push their influencal agenda onto the language of your country, i admire that someone takes a stand :)

Mirage
01-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Well color me irish.

Niale
01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Well color me irish.

Dream on American ;)
Go play "Persona 4" lol americanos game dream hahaha!

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Well color me irish.

Dream on American ;)

I never know what you're talking about.

Niale
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Well color me irish.

Dream on American ;)

I never know what you're talking about.

Its on USA's top list of games :D
Wikipedia and internet is the proof. :P

Sephex
01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Man, if some of you stubbed your toe you'd blame the US.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I stubbed my toe in America once. If I wasn't in America, I wouldn't have stubbed my toe.

Fucking America... :grumble:

Jiro
01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Well color me irish.

Dream on American ;)

You are absolutely smurfing insane. Niale is clearly an anagram of alien. You're not from planet Earth. This is why nothing you say makes any sense.

Mirage is not American. Try again. I'll give you 100 guesses, but maybe knowing the truth will take the fun out of it for you.

Ayen
01-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Thankfully I don't know anyone who uses this phrase.

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM

You keep thinking everyone is attacking the US. Calm your wee self down son.

Jiro
01-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Also fuck you Persona 4 is a quality JRPG

Sephex
01-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Not at all. Hell, I'm not a patriotic person. I have MANY, MANY problems with the US. Just making note of all the potshots taken at the country in the forum.

Now, go eat a potato and drink some Guinness. ;)

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Not at all. Hell, I'm not a patriotic person. I have MANY, MANY problems with the US. Just making note of all the potshots taken at the country in the forum.

This phrase just HAPPENS to be American, this is not an anti-American post. There's English phrases that annoy me too (Well-jell being one). You may be a tad over sensitive about this without consciously knowing it.

Jiro
01-14-2014, 01:25 PM
This is relevant to the conversation. (http://theconversation.com/the-americans-are-destroying-the-english-language-or-are-they-21461)

One of several conclusions is available to us.

One is that the English are ruining the language, for in each and every case the American situation represents an older form, and the Standard British is actually the innovative, the newer form.

The next possible conclusion is that the language started out ruined (most ruinous in the age of Shakespeare), and Americans inherited this ruin from the British, but that somehow Victorian English “saved” the English language from ruin.

If this is true, it is still not true that the Americans “are ruining” or “have ruined” the language. It was still the English who ruined it. And if you believe this one, I think you’ve got far more serious problems than worrying about language.

The final view is of course that language changes, and that claims of ruin or otherwise have nothing to do with language, and everything to do with feelings of cultural superiority and bias.

Many people in England will never forgive the world for allowing the sun to set on the British Empire – and will certainly never forgive the USA for being a more powerful nation than the UK.

Niale
01-14-2014, 01:36 PM
This is relevant to the conversation. (http://theconversation.com/the-americans-are-destroying-the-english-language-or-are-they-21461)

One of several conclusions is available to us.

One is that the English are ruining the language, for in each and every case the American situation represents an older form, and the Standard British is actually the innovative, the newer form.

The next possible conclusion is that the language started out ruined (most ruinous in the age of Shakespeare), and Americans inherited this ruin from the British, but that somehow Victorian English “saved” the English language from ruin.

If this is true, it is still not true that the Americans “are ruining” or “have ruined” the language. It was still the English who ruined it. And if you believe this one, I think you’ve got far more serious problems than worrying about language.

The final view is of course that language changes, and that claims of ruin or otherwise have nothing to do with language, and everything to do with feelings of cultural superiority and bias.

Many people in England will never forgive the world for allowing the sun to set on the British Empire – and will certainly never forgive the USA for being a more powerful nation than the UK.

I don't trust language expert on the internet, the internet is owned by americans, just look at google and youtube, it just speaks american.
Here is proof.
Internet Users - Top 20 Countries - Internet Usage (http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm)
Internet is basically made for americans to be outspoken, and you can find lots of evidence on that, that most are indeed americans and they feel they have to tell everyone their views.

But if i'd talk to a professor about this, then i'd ask questions and get more into this, and i'd cheer, bravo "claps". Getting into language studies at a university, not that i am a master at it. But i do know this
UK = Colour
US = Color

Because i remember: GameBoy Colour.
The truth must prevail :)

Sephex
01-14-2014, 01:42 PM

This phrase just HAPPENS to be American, this is not an anti-American post. There's English phrases that annoy me too (Well-jell being one). You may be a tad over sensitive about this without consciously knowing it.

And you're assuming that I think you're being anti-american. I never said that. You did.

Christ man, it was a joke.

Bubba
01-14-2014, 01:51 PM

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 02:02 PM

And you're assuming that I think you're being anti-american. I never said that. You did.

Christ man, it was a joke.

I can't concentrate on this bollox any more the conversation at the next table between Jiro an Niale has become much more interesting.

Niale
01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Hello, Niale. I'm (almost) a master of the English language. No, not "I'm pretty good at it." I am a short time skip away from having a MA. So yes, let me be an expert for you just a moment and point something out: if you read the smurfing page, you will find that the author is Australian. Not American. Get off your pathetic discriminatory high horse and gain some smurfing perspective.

Language is not a static thing. It evolves. The idea that it is being ruined is pretentious douchebaggery. Who would've ever thought those two words could be chained together, huh? For a while I found you somewhat of a novelty -- it's nice to have someone immune to EoFF Groupthink. But now you appear to be an ignorant and stubborn fool. I don't understand your logic, and you deflect any attempts to understand your viewpoint. I think the safest assumption is that you are simply a troll. And that can be fun, I suppose, but I'm getting real tired of this bulltrout. Pull your head out of your arse and stop thinking you are some kind of master race and that Americans are scum.

I have not met you, so i don't know.... hmm..."gets a drink, thinks" "Skips and jumps to the next question"
Master Race, well that was according to Hitler's theory of Aryans. Come to think of it, i just hum to this song every now and then ^^
The Real Aryans( Caucasian Ancestors) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMAAL_NMls)
Sounds cool.
But i'm not wrong, when it comes to the most active internet users though ;)
But its chill, we just need to... lower our hands together and just sit down, and have a good old relaxation mode. Mmmm, peace ^^

Mirage
01-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Haha why would I be American?

Old Manus
01-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Niale exponentially increases the quality of threads with each post he makes. Long may this trend continue.

Niale
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Haha why would I be American?

Because this ;)
Hulk Hogan Theme- Real American + Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrZt45PEbSk)
Although Hulk Hogan is awesome :)

Cloudane
01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
I am a short time skip away from having a MA.

*snip*

Language is not a static thing. It evolves. The idea that it is being ruined is pretentious douchebaggery.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear the evolution of language concept backed by someone educated (other than Stephen Fry).
Speaking of, I've always loved this
Ovi7uQbtKas

*turns attention back to popcorn*

Niale
01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Niale, you do realize that America doesn't have some "language agenda" on smurfing Ireland and other countries, right? smurf me.

It better not, America is mixed with ethnicity and culture. Since it originally was the home of Native Americans, we Europeans just couldn't keep our hands off it, but you know our ancestors back then, always war and politics, now its just basically politics, war in middle east and conflicts.

We gotta maintain our language heritage, there's pride in that, but no worries we are all one big happy family here on this forum :)

Loony BoB
01-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Master Quan was coloured astonished.
Vivi22 was coloured corrected.
Psychotic was coloured pwned.
Heath was coloured crazy.
The Man was coloured completely confused.
sephireland was coloured completely freaked out.
JKTrix was coloured impressed.
Leeza was coloured shocked.
Levian was coloured surprised.
Vivi22 was coloured surprised.
Vivi22 was coloured a jaded comic book fan.
Jiro was coloured unsatisfied.
Jiro was coloured red with rage.
Quinternational Man of Mystery was coloured impressed.
Cloudane was coloured interested.
Psychotic was coloured intrigued.
Loony BoB was coloured interested.
Vivi22 was almost coloured shocked, but really, he was the least bit smurfing shocked.
Vivi22 was coloured unconvinced.
Jiro was coloured excited.
Jiro was coloured interested.
A character in a story by Strider was coloured surprised.
The Captain was coloured confused. Three times!
omnitarian was coloured unimpressed.
Strider was coloured surprised.
Giga Guess was coloured shocked.
Ryushikaze was coloured unimpressed.
Ryushikaze was coloured unconvinced.
Ryushikaze was coloured exceedingly unconvinced.
Ryushikaze was coloured unimpressed again.
Bunny was coloured curious.
Laddy was coloured not surprised.
Mirage was coloured impressed.
Mister Adequate was coloured shocked.
Dignified Pauper, bless him, was coloured stupid.
Shlup was coloured smurfing surprised.
Bunny was coloured bewildered.
Elly was coloured confused.
Shoeberto was coloured jealous.
Shlup was coloured surprised. Twice!
Raistlin was coloured shocked.
Del Murder was coloured surprised.
fire_of_avalon was coloured surprised.
Shlup was coloured shocked.
Ryth was coloured apathetic.
Sephex was coloured impressed. Twice!
Sylvie was coloured absent.
Bunny was coloured shocked.
Sephex was coloured interested.
Red Mage Coffman was coloured interested.
Ouch! was coloured shocked.
Laddy was coloured intrigued.
Unbreakable Will was coloured surprised.
Pike was coloured shocked.
Freya was coloured surprised.
Shoeberto was coloured excited.
Freya was coloured impressed. Three times!
The White Wizard of Fynn was coloured intrigued. And slightly disturbed.
Karifean was coloured intrigued.
Mirage was coloured Irish.
Finally, in this thread, Cloudane was coloured chastised.

All in all, five people were coloured impressed, five were coloured interested, nine were coloured shocked, eleven were coloured surprised. Meanwhile, the more unique colours were "a jaded comic book fan", absent, apathetic, astonished, bewildered, corrected, crazy, curious, disturbed, freaked out, Irish, jealous, pwned, red with rage, stupid and unsatisfied.

Vivi22 was coloured five times, and was also coloured differently each time. The Captain and Freya must have had a couple of accidents, needing to be repainted (as confused and impressed respectively) twice after their initial work.

Cuchulainn
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Couple of things;

1. I hate you Bob.
2. Niale's Irish? There's another poor Irish stereotype supported.
3. I Missed this place, you're all fucking insane.

Cloudane
01-14-2014, 06:53 PM
*words*

Well colour me amazed.

That's more colours than Rainbow Dash barfing Skittles in the Farplane

Shorty
01-14-2014, 07:34 PM
A shame we can't have nice things.