PDA

View Full Version : So I was at this place

Jiro
01-14-2014, 11:10 AM
and there's this music playing in the background, a little quiet and muffled by the talking and shit. I move closer to the speakers and listen a little closer -- this sounds familiar, I think -- and after a few moments I go AH HA!

For some reason, this laser skirmish (also apparently known as laser tag/quasar) venue is playing Real Emotion from Final Fantasy X-2 on their soundsystem.

Anybody else heard Final Fantasy tunes unexpectedly in meatspace?

Cloudane
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
One of the local Chinese restaurants had Rikki's music playing including her FF songs and some other Pure Heart remixes for good measure.

I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence until I saw they'd labelled their chicken wings "chocobo wings".

Ayen
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Only in my head.

Shauna
01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
The FF9 OST was playing in a game shop once. I suppose that's not too unexpected though.

Also! I was in a Chinese restaurant and they were playing Simple and Clean or Sanctuary - which was super weird. xD

Cloudane
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Oh also my DJ friend played Trance to Zanarkand loud and proud for me in the club in town
I'll have to try and find the video at some point but I doubt it was stable :kakapo:

Quindiana Jones
01-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Not FF related, but I was watching a French documentary on Chinese agriculture (I say "watching", but I mean "sitting in the same room as a TV currently playing") and I notice they're playing a track from the Naruto OST. I laughed.

Night Fury
01-15-2014, 07:25 AM
You went to Laser without meeeeee :(

I hope you kicked ass!

Jiro
01-16-2014, 03:01 AM
You went to Laser without meeeeee :(

I hope you kicked ass!

I live five minutes from it now so I will be going frequently and becoming the very best like no one ever was. I did kick appropriate amounts of ass :monster:

magemasher
02-05-2014, 02:43 AM
There was an advert on TV in England a couple of years ago that was very reminiscent off the piano from Garnets theme with a bit of extra music mixed in.