PDA

View Full Version : The Indian in the Cupboard

Ayen
01-15-2014, 03:13 AM
So, there's this kid, right? And he got this cupboard. And he stick his toys inside the cupboard and when he takes them out they're alive! :eek: It was the most awesome cupboard ever and I want one :(

Yes, The Indian in the Cupboard is yet another fine movie I watched when I was a kid. We still got it on video somewhere around here. Probably buried with all the rest. It's been years since I watched it so I don't remember it that well. I just remember the kid, the Indian and the cowboy and taking the Indian to school and keeping him in his bag. Or was it his pocket? lol Indians and cowboys you can put in your pocket!

Discuss.

Shorty
01-15-2014, 05:24 AM
It has been many, many, many years since I have seen this movie. I remember enjoying it, though!

Psychotic
01-15-2014, 06:10 AM
The movie was okay but I liked the books way more!

Ayen
01-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Man, I don't know why it still surprises me every time I learn a movie I saw was based off a book. Hollywood wishes it could be that original on its own.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-15-2014, 06:23 AM
I never read the books, but I liked the movie a lot. I had the VHS version that came with reversible cover to make it look like the cupboard and a little plastic key. It was pretty awesome.

Although, I really don't remember anything about the movie aside from what you mentioned in the OP, ToriJ.

Pike
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THESE BOOKS AND WHY THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD

The first books in the series are all innocent right? You put action figures into the cupboard and they come to life, right?

Okay well in the last book the author starts dumping all this stuff on you about how any time you put an action figure into the cupboard, that toy's real-world counterpart falls into a coma. So like, somewhere the Native American and the Cowboy were in a coma the entire time the action was taking place.

IT GETS WORSE. There's this girl toy who straight up dies one day. One day she's a little person and the next she just turns back into a toy with no warning. TURNS OUT THAT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY JUST STOPPED HER LIFE SUPPORT AND LET HER DIE BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A COMA FOR SO LONG

God these books ruined me

Shiny
01-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Wow, I had no idea the story was so brutal. That's not a children's book at all!

Calliope
01-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Sherman Alexie is gay?

noxious.sunshine
01-16-2014, 02:56 AM
>:O I mentioned this in the something thread! YOU STOLED IT!

jk.

I have it onVHS somewhere but I haven't watched it in agggesss.

Ayen
01-16-2014, 03:51 AM

The first books in the series are all innocent right? You put action figures into the cupboard and they come to life, right?

Okay well in the last book the author starts dumping all this stuff on you about how any time you put an action figure into the cupboard, that toy's real-world counterpart falls into a coma. So like, somewhere the Native American and the Cowboy were in a coma the entire time the action was taking place.

IT GETS WORSE. There's this girl toy who straight up dies one day. One day she's a little person and the next she just turns back into a toy with no warning. TURNS OUT THAT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY JUST STOPPED HER LIFE SUPPORT AND LET HER DIE BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A COMA FOR SO LONG

That's dark. Just another reason not to read books 8D

sharkythesharkdogg
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM

Don't forget the WWII medic guy. Remember, Omri brought him to life to help the Cowboy after Little Bear shot him (I think. It's been a while.) He mentions right before he arrived he could hear mortars overhead. Anyway, they send him back afterwords. Later, they try to bring him back for a visit, and when they open the cupboard there's just a little, neatly folded uniform. He was killed by mortar fire.

Good book series.

EDIT: Also, never seen the movie.

Jessweeee♪
01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
omg Pike whaaaat