PDA

View Full Version : Make a new one!

Pumpkin
01-15-2014, 04:08 AM
What game series do you want to see them continue? "Them" being whoever makes that game series.

I am waiting for a Suikoden VI (the DS one doesn't count :colbert:) and Dark Cloud 3.

Neither is looking good so far :(

Hollycat
01-15-2014, 04:31 AM
Freelancer for PC, PS4 and XBOX 1, FF tactics 2. I'm good with asking for that.

Ayen
01-15-2014, 04:32 AM
A new Evil Zone would be great, but it's probably better off staying a cult classic. I also want a new Metroid game that doesn't bomb.

Wouldn't mind a F. E. A. R. 4 to make up for all the hate 3 got in case F. E. A. R. Online doesn't pan out.

The Man
01-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Suikoden VI and Chrono Break. Though Square Enix would just murder the latter anyway.

Skyblade
01-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Metroid
Golden Sun
Chrono Trigger
Fire Emblem
Master of Orion
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Mark of the Ninja

I could go on but I won't. I had a list about three times as long, and realized I was spoiling my "Top 100" list which I was going to start soon. These shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

CimminyCricket
01-15-2014, 04:44 AM
The Bouncer
FF Tactics
Makai Kingdom (engrish port)
Star Ocean
Valkyrie Profile
Radiata Stories
Growlanser
F.E.A.R.

Vyk
01-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Shining Force. Always my default in this sorta discussion. It's hard to find a tactical RPG I really enjoy (Fire Emblem: Awakening almost nailed it for me though). And in typical SEGA fashion, they destroyed it and then left it on the side of the road. So then I guess even if someone does continue it, I won't be happy. Poop

Though on that note, I freaked love what Firaxis did with XCOM. Though I'm a heathen who never played the originals. But I can't wait to see what they do next, and I could only hope they make a good tactical RPG, but I somehow doubt I'll get what I want there. Something tells me they're going to go off in some random direction next. And more power to them I guess

The Man
01-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Star OceanI'd be interested in a sequel to SO3 that properly explored the ramifications of 4D and the nature of the Eternal Sphere being a video game. I felt like there were some really cool ideas in there that could have made for a really fascinating game if they'd explored them in greater depth, but a lot of them were kind of glossed over.

Skyblade
01-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Shining Force. Always my default in this sorta discussion. It's hard to find a tactical RPG I really enjoy (Fire Emblem: Awakening almost nailed it for me though). And in typical SEGA fashion, they destroyed it and then left it on the side of the road. So then I guess even if someone does continue it, I won't be happy. Poop

Chant the mantra with me.

SEGA owns Shining Force. SEGA owns ATLUS. ATLUS can now make Shining Force games.

Though on that note, I freaked love what Firaxis did with XCOM. Though I'm a heathen who never played the originals. But I can't wait to see what they do next, and I could only hope they make a good tactical RPG, but I somehow doubt I'll get what I want there. Something tells me they're going to go off in some random direction next. And more power to them I guess

There was a recent expansion pack that no one on the forum mentioned.

Night Fury
01-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Beyond Good and Evil!

I know there's a sequel in the works but I wish they'd hurry up with it. That game was fucking gold.

Quindiana Jones
01-15-2014, 05:38 AM
I'd like to see a good few of the old adventure titles come back. Beyond Good and Evil, Jak and Daxter, x and y etc. Great games, all. :)

Pike
01-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 2. And not the Mass Effect version that Brian Reynolds wants to make :barf:

Bubba
01-15-2014, 10:51 AM

Agent Proto
01-15-2014, 11:09 AM
I want a proper Star Fox sequel!

Loony BoB
01-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Jade Cocoon. I never played much of it when I was younger but I definitely feel it's the kind of game that could be notably expanded upon with a modern release. Also, Dwarf Fortress. But that's not even finished yet, so... :D

Freelancer for PC
Star Citizen covers the PC aspect of this!

Hollycat
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Jade Cocoon. I never played much of it when I was younger but I definitely feel it's the kind of game that could be notably expanded upon with a modern release. Also, Dwarf Fortress. But that's not even finished yet, so... :D

Freelancer for PC
In the same way any random android rpg covers for Final Fantasy 9.

Iceglow
01-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Jade Cocoon. I never played much of it when I was younger but I definitely feel it's the kind of game that could be notably expanded upon with a modern release.

They made a second Jade Cocoon for PS2. It was probably just about the worst. First of all the capture mechanic had been ripped out completely. They replaced it with an egg finding system. Combining didn't create all manner of awesome looking beasties. There was god awful voice acting, and the entire story was utter tripe. Essentially rather than trying to save the world or whatever, it was "become the best in a competition" with drips and drabs of story thrown in. I will save you the pain of being linked to youtube videos of just how bad it became.

I personally would love to see another Colony Wars game made with full HD graphics and the increase in scale that could go with it. You had there perhaps one of the most controversial/unique settings ever. The idea that the Sol system was essentially turned in to a prison in itself is unique.

Likewise, Dropship; United Peace Force is another game which had an interesting premise as far as flight games go. It essentially put you behind the stick of a plane which was part Hurricane Jet and part C17. You could be transporting troops in to a hot landing zone and then expected to not only land and take off under fire but stay on station against smaller, more nimble ships to defend the troops you'd put down. Other missions saw you fly the troops in and then take over a land vehicle to continue the mission from another perspective. It was damn hard at the time but surprisingly great fun. Perhaps a remake in HD would be better though.

Other than that, echoes of Beyond Good and Evil, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (I'm not sure if I prefered the mechanics of Advance 1 or Advance 2 if I'm honest.) Definitely would appreciate a more adult story however, I'm getting bored of playing as a little kid for the main character.

Phantom Crash on Xbox was also good fun, a relatively simple game with little in the way of storyline, it was essentially a cross between Grand Turismo and a Mech assault game.

Vyk
01-16-2014, 02:35 AM
I would like to see spiritual sequels to things like Alan Wake, and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I loved those games, but they were pretty good one-offs. I would have said things like Ico/SotC, or Beyond Good and Evil, but I knew things were already in the works

Totally forgot SEGA saved Atlus from their parent company's financial troubles. Atlus would be perfect for Shining Force. Might even get a worthwhile more mature version of it in that avenue

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-16-2014, 02:56 AM
...Lost Odyssey...

Vyk
01-16-2014, 03:27 AM
Ohhh, good one

Loony BoB
01-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Freelancer for PC
...except it's made by the people who made Freelancer, is sponsored by fans of Freelancer and is quoted as the spiritual successor to Freelancer.

Tarantio
01-17-2014, 12:42 PM
For me, it would probably be Azure Dreams. I heard there was a sequal/remake for the GBA/DS? But it was awful - so definitely the PS1 version. It had the monster merging of Jade Cocoon, but a bit more polished? I just remember the monsters looking a bit weird in JD! Plus the randomly generated dungeon running and the town building/improvement. And the challenge of going in at level 1 each time with limited items. Awesome game!

Does it count if they're already doing it? a sequal to Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic - can't wait! There aren't many games that I just fancy replaying randomly - but that is definitely one of them.

Definitely have to agree with Star Ocean - loved all of them! - want more!

With all the mentions of Final Fantasy Tactics, I thought this might interest some people (http://kotaku.com/the-creator-of-final-fantasy-tactics-wants-to-make-anot-1501254600)... (if it hasn't already been linked elsewhere).

And Breath of Fire, Vagrant Story.... There are plenty of other games, but these are the ones that come to the top of my mind!

Ayen
01-17-2014, 01:07 PM
With all the mentions of Final Fantasy Tactics, I thought this might interest some people (http://kotaku.com/the-creator-of-final-fantasy-tactics-wants-to-make-anot-1501254600)... (if it hasn't already been linked elsewhere).

O________________________________O

This needs to be a thread of its own.

RocketMBA
01-17-2014, 01:15 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE RACE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTD5LZlHyQ

Jiro
01-18-2014, 04:39 AM

Freelancer for PC
...except it's made by the people who made Freelancer, is sponsored by fans of Freelancer and is quoted as the spiritual successor to Freelancer.

And it's fucking unbelievably ambitious. Star Citizen could put everybody else out of business if it hits its mark.

Also Breath of Fire plz

Jessweeee♪
01-18-2014, 05:14 AM
THREADS OF FATE SEQUEL PLEASE

Jiro
01-22-2014, 02:12 AM
fucking Wild ARMs too btw