PDA

View Full Version : Babe

Ayen
01-15-2014, 05:19 AM
Babe was a pig, a talking pig! Well, we could understand him but the humans in the movie couldn't understand any of the animals. It was funny and also rather sad if I remember right. Weren't they also trying to kill his mom or something? Anyway, Babe and Miss Piggy are the reasons I like pigs.

Talk about Babe here.

Mahad
01-15-2014, 05:26 AM
I remember this one, barely, but I do. Fun movie, but it did have plenty of sad moments. I think his mother was sent to the slaughter house or something, and he was left alone when he was still a baby? I seem to remember the farmer was fond of him, and wanted to train him for some sort of cow-herding competition? It's really being a long time since I saw this.

Ayen
01-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Okay, yeah, the slaughter house bit is coming back to me.

I remember there being a rescue too, though.

Psychotic
01-15-2014, 06:12 AM
Absolutely fucking loved it. Dick King-Smith was my favourite author as a child.

Quindiana Jones
01-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Pig in the City was a littly bit shitty, though. :I

Ayen
01-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Pig in the City was a littly bit troutty, though. :I

That seems to be a common thing with sequels, sadly.

I almost recall there being another movie about a pig that came out at the same time, but I could just be confusing it with the Babe's sequel.

Night Fury
01-15-2014, 07:20 AM
I loved Babe, I also really liked Charlotte's Web which may be the other film you're thinking of.

Ayen
01-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Ohh! Yup, that's the one. Thanks. Not anywhere close to being in the same time period as I thought, but still.

Night Fury
01-15-2014, 07:32 AM
There is an animated and live action film. I love the animated one, the book was a favourite in my childhood too.

Hollycat
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Gordi came out first. Both are terrible. Best thing about pigs is Animal Farm.

Night Fury
01-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Best thing about pigs is bacon.

Jinx
01-15-2014, 04:47 PM
BAA RAM EWE

Shorty
01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
BAA RAM EWE

Everyone doing this after this movie came out made me hate it.

noxious.sunshine
01-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Ithink I liked Gordy better.

I can't remember, but yeah.

Ayen
01-16-2014, 03:21 AM
Gordi came out first. Both are terrible. Best thing about pigs is Animal Farm.

Gordi! Okay, that was the one I was thinking of.

Too many pig movies, man, I can't keep up.

Pike
01-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Great movie, great book; my favorite Dick King Smith story is "Three Terrible Trins" though. Incredibly clever and hilarious little book.

Jiro
01-16-2014, 10:38 AM
I, too, used to confuse Babe with Charlotte's Web. Could not for the life of me figure out how they got the pig to talk. Even after I understood that it wasn't the pig talking, I still didn't get it. I was a fuckwit as a child I guess.

Shaibana
01-20-2014, 01:02 PM
i have not read all the comments but:
Yes, the mother got transported to the slaughterhouse, and becaus Babe didnt drink the milk from the machine they grabbed him and sold him .. i guess..
there he became the price of a game of 'guess the weight'.

when the farmer won him he was just there to become fat en then eaten. but then they made a connection.

i love this movie so much... its so cute.
especially the part where Babe goes to a herding competition and everybody laughs at the farmer and babe xD

as a pig lover i 100% support this movie!

i didnt really like the 2nd movie that much though..
.. im going to watch this movie

Jinx
01-21-2014, 01:22 AM
The scene where James Cromwell dances and sings to a little pig is one of the greatest moments of cinema history.

Shaibana
01-30-2014, 02:41 PM
i just finished watching this movie.
it made me all emotional.

i just love this movie is so danm cute!

its without a doubt my (maybe 2nd) favorite movie!

P.S babe is a girl! in pretty much all the scenes they used a sow :P
when they measured Babe's belly, there was no pee-pee..
when they walked to the sheepdog arena, and when Babe entered the house through the doggie-door.. u could clearly see that it was a girl :P