PDA

View Full Version : Silly kids

Pumpkin
01-15-2014, 07:10 AM
What are some silly things you thought/did as a kid?

-I thought cars drove themselves, but you could drive them if you wanted to. That's what I thought automatic/manual stood for and I assumed you could switch in each car.
-I though Dracula was from Pennsylvania
-I thought the song Roxanne was about a traffic control woman who worked night shift. Like a person who manually changes traffic lights. Because of the line "You don't have to put on the red light."
-I thought the story of Robin Hood was really about a fox (like from the Disney movie)
-I tried to hibernate like a bear for a week. It lasted a few hours and then I got hungry and had to pee.
-When someone asked for a pitcher of water, I thought he was mispronouncing picture and went through all the photo albums until I found a picture of a lake and brought that.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-15-2014, 07:20 AM
When I was real young, I thought I was literally the only person in the world who could see in a first person perspective because I couldn't wrap my mind around the concept of more than one person seeing in first person for some reason. I think my worldview involved everyone essentially being a part of my imagination essentially, or something like that. It's pretty silly.

Ayen
01-15-2014, 07:48 AM
I thought Barrett and Tifa were husband and wife.
I thought Reno and Aerith were brother and sister.
I thought the scuba diver you play in JAWS was a gold fish.
I thought when you turned 21 you'd become a full fledged adult who wore a suit, had a wife, some kids, liked watching the news, reading the paper, drinking coffee and going to work with a briefcase.
I thought God was a white guy.
I thought my mom used to have brown eyes, but stared at the sun too long transforming them to the color green.

Pumpkin
01-15-2014, 07:49 AM
I thought when you turned 21 you'd become a full fledged adult who wore a suit, had a wife, some kids, liked watching the news, reading the paper, drinking coffee and going to work with a briefcase.

I wish this was true

Scotty_ffgamer
01-15-2014, 07:52 AM

I'm 23 and I've never owned a briefcase :(. I should start going to my job at the pretzel shop in the mall with a briefcase.

Parker
01-15-2014, 08:34 AM
one time i put my finger in an ants nest to show my friend that ants were my friends and anyway about 30 seconds later i ran home screaming and crying because i was covered in ants

Bubba
01-15-2014, 11:31 AM
When I was a kid I used to think that I was the only real person in the world. I thought that everyone else were robots put there for some reason or another. I now know that everyone else are merely humans... except Pike, of course.

Shorty
01-15-2014, 05:59 PM
I thought my dad was Indiana Jones.

I thought the Easter Bunny was a massive, giant, towering pink bunny and it confused the hell out of me how he was able to get into our house and backyard and sleuthily hide eggs in the most secret of places with so much care if he was a gigantic beast of a rabbit. It also confused me how he was able to get around our neighorhood without smashing cars or knocking trees over or leaving giant footprints. (Later when I began playing Silent Hill, it freaked me out how much the rabbits in the third game looked like miniature versions of my imaginary easter bunny and also the fact that they were all lifeless and dead and bloody.)

On the subject of footprints, whenever we were in a sandy or muddy area, I always looked for dinosaur footprints. I don't know why I did this.

I accidentally swallowed a cherry pit once and I became mortified that a cherry tree would begin to sprout in my stomach and grow and that eventually I would become a tree person. I worried about this for months after it happened and it would keep me up at night.

Calliope
01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
That I would get to grow a beard when I got old enough! Also, that I would be happy once I was safe.

Sephex
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
I thought reruns on TV were actors doing the same show over and over again, like a live play. I even thought something similar for cartoons. Those poor animators had to draw it all over again! WHY DIDN'T THEY SAVE IT SOMEHOW?!

Pike
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
I thought that the hour hands on clocks moved very sneakily when you were not looking and I made it my mission for many years to catch it in the act.

I also thought that a Godlike figure sat in the clouds and controlled everyone with giant remote controls which could also read your minds. Therefore if you wanted to walk to your room then God's remote control would tell him this and he would promptly guide you to your room.

Denmark
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
I thought reruns on TV were actors doing the same show over and over again, like a live play. I even thought something similar for cartoons. Those poor animators had to draw it all over again! WHY DIDN'T THEY SAVE IT SOMEHOW?!

I thought this, but for movies. When I put a movie in my VCR I expect the actors to act it out right then and there!

Shiny
01-16-2014, 12:00 AM
I thought kissing was just ramming your face in to the person really hard and then breathing in to their mouth while occasionally sucking on their bottom lip until I realized tongue is involved.

noxious.sunshine
01-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Uhhh... I can't think of anything I thought that was silly as a kid.. I'll think of some stuff as soon as I click "post" - I just know it.

Although.. When I was like 19 (yes, 19 yrs old, you're still a kid).. Hahaha.. I'd never seen "Tucson" spelled out and said at the same time.. So I thought there was "Tuckson" (yanno, spelled the correct way, but said wrong), and "Too-sahn" (pronounced the right way, but drop the C).. Then an episode of "Cops" came on and they were in Tucson and I saw it printed on the side of a police cruiser at the same time they said it and felt really retarded. lmao.. I told my dad about it and he was like "Are you even my kid!? What the hell!?"... But then 2 weeks later, he was still saying "Tuckson".

Oh wait. I thought a Virgin was someone who lights candles and summons witches. XD THANKS HOCUS POCUS!

Bubba
01-16-2014, 08:37 AM
I thought kissing was just ramming your face in to the person really hard and then breathing in to their mouth while occasionally sucking on their bottom lip until I realized tongue is involved.

I've met girls in the past who thought this exact same thing.

Shorty
01-16-2014, 07:09 PM
As it turns out, me being afraid of a cherry pit growing inside me wasn't that irrational of a fear to have. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/29/dandelion-grows-inside-ear-canal-girl-china_n_4361469.html)

Heath
01-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I once referred to something being fashionable as 'all the range,' rather than 'all the rage.' I think it was a sign of things to come.

Shlup
01-17-2014, 03:13 AM
I remember having an argument with my grandma because I thought "yesterday" meant "the other day" and "the other day" meant "yesterday." I'd be like "The other day we went to the store" and my grandma would be like "We did that yesterday!" and I would be like "Nuh-uh!"

I also remember my first real conversation with my little sister, she was yelling into the phone "CHICKENS ARE NOT BIRDIES!!!"

Jessweeee♪
01-17-2014, 03:42 AM
I tried to think of examples and then I remembered this time when I was in kindergarten and I tried to stab myself in the chest with a plastic sword and my dad saw me and was like "um what are you doing" and I said something about wanting to go to Heaven and my dad totally freaked out. I think I know now why my parents never talked to me about religion. :erm: