PDA

View Full Version : Battletoads & Double Dragon

Ayen
01-15-2014, 07:18 AM
The ultimate crossover in beat 'em up history! Battletoads and Double Dragon! This was my introduction to both Battletoads and Double Dragon, so I couldn't have asked for a better game. This was one of six Sega Genesis games I used to play all the time either by myself or with my older brother. I don't remember getting farther than the third level, honestly.

Who among you have played Battletoads & Double Dragon? Your thoughts? :o

Discuss.

Jiro
01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
wait this was a thing? I loved Double Dragon as a kid man

Ayen
01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
n7Ksol8N1O8

Agent Proto
01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
This game was one of my other favorites back then. Out of Billy and Jimmy, I think I picked Billy. Out of the three Toads, I think I picked Rash most of the time. I don't remember how far I got into this game, but I figure it was further than the 3rd level.

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2014, 05:12 PM
I had this game for the NES and I got really good at it. I could make it (rarely) past the asteroids like level. I think that was level 6 of 7? Maybe I made it to the last level once or twice but I know that I died very quickly and was out of continues by that point.

This game was awesome. It fixed most of the problems each of the series had while still being extremely challenging but not so challenging that you feel the game is unfair.

I always picked the toad with the shades because this is the 90s and those wrap arounds are still awesome!

Del Murder
01-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Haha, I had this. I always picked a toad. :mamu: It was a blast, especially with two players.

Ayen
01-16-2014, 03:45 AM
I always picked the toads as well because... toads. I didn't know who Billy and Jimmy were at that point.

Karifean
01-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I only ever played the original Battletoads. Probably went Game Over a few dozen times before I eventually managed to beat it. Fun times.

Raistlin
01-19-2014, 09:10 PM
I loved this game as a kid. I have no idea how far I got, but it was great fun to play with a friend. I usually played as a Double Dragon character.

Rostum
01-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Ah I loved the Battletoads and Double Dragon series, and I especially loved Battletoads and Double Dragon!

K5AV4d7x488

Mercen-X
01-24-2014, 12:33 AM
I never even played Battletoads and I originally couldn't get past the first level on Double Dragon. These days I believe the ultimate crossover would be Double Dragon, Battletoads, Ninja Turtles, and Captain Commando.