PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food

Ayen
01-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Fast Food is bad and unhealthy for us.

Talk about your favorite Fast Food places here!

I really like Burger King and McDonald's. Pizza Hut is also good when I'm in the mood for pizza and I used to go to Taco Bell all the time, but haven't been in much of a mood for tacos lately. Also love Dairy Queen. The family once past through there in dad's old car where the hood came down and enjoyed the wind in our faces as we ate ice cream.

Wendy's and Hardee's are all right, but not my favorite. Tried Subway once and didn't care for it.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 04:38 AM
While I'm at work, I go to Taco Bell a lot when I want to get food just because it's probably the cheapest option in the food court of the mall. I'll also sometimes stop by Chik-fil-A (or however they spell it) if I get tired of Taco Bell, but that's a rarity.

Outside of work, though, my go to place has to be Chipotle. I have an unhealthy love of Chipotle. There are better burrito places around here, particularly a place called Burrito Bros, but Chipotle is closer. I just like burritos. Also, there's a place around here called Longboards that serves really good wraps.

I honestly like most fast food enough. McDonalds is one of the worst, though.

noxious.sunshine
01-17-2014, 06:22 AM
McDonald's- That bacon habanero cheeseburger is delish! And something about their Diet Cokes just..mmm.. I also like their Grilled Chicken sandwich with bacon & swiss.. They almost always put entirely too much mayo on them though.

I also like Arby's, and I loooove Wendy's salads.. They're really good.

And Subway & Quiznos. :P

Hardee's is gross

A&W has the best burgers ever.

Ayen
01-17-2014, 06:45 AM
I always haz double cheeseburger and large order of fries from McDonald's. Some times when I go to Burger King I get the Whopper or the Double Whopper. I tried the Triple Whopper once, threw it back up. Nothing larger than a Double Whopper for me.

Shlup
01-17-2014, 07:00 AM
I just really love french fries. Give me all of them!

Ayen
01-17-2014, 07:01 AM
*reaches hand to grab the last remaining french fries and bumps into Shlup's hand*

:stare:

starlet
01-18-2014, 01:42 AM
I try to avoid fast food like the plague because its all pretty terrible and im pretty successful. I wont even go to subway anymore. But I do love me some Chipotle :D And at least its not terrible for you like other options.

noxious.sunshine
01-18-2014, 03:20 AM
Hater!!!

Nah, I rarely eat fast food, but I do so love it very much.

Shorty
01-18-2014, 04:06 AM
Burger King is my go-to when I need fat and salt and sugar now. Whoppers are better than Mcwhatevers, their fries are much better than they used to be, most of them have those 1500 drink combination things which mean vanilla coooooke, and they have Hershey's Sunday pie slices that will lead to my inevitable death if I am allowed to eat there more than once every few weeks.

http://content1.tastebook.com/content/photo/user_photo/cAQmKAXg13c213434323730343fehL8TaG_1358759122.jpg

Yep. I go to Burger King when I get cravings.

Jiro
01-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Hungry Jacks is my joint of choice because of the free shit I get on their app. Plus they have actual salads on the burgers; it might not be fresh but it's not made of plastic!

Mickey Ds has some alright stuff but not my preferred. It's always around somewhere though so that's convenient.

Pizza wise I go Dominos because fuck it's obvious and around. There was a pizza hut near my place in Ashgrove which was a little fancier but eh. Dominos also has coupons out the wazoo that I just get online so it's cheap as fuck.

Subway is nice but fucking hell it can be expensive.

There is this real nice kebab place in the city. I need to find one up here on the coast.

Ayen
01-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Burger King is my go-to when I need fat and salt and sugar now. Whoppers are better than Mcwhatevers, their fries are much better than they used to be, most of them have those 1500 drink combination things which mean vanilla coooooke, and they have Hershey's Sunday pie slices that will lead to my inevitable death if I am allowed to eat there more than once every few weeks.

http://content1.tastebook.com/content/photo/user_photo/cAQmKAXg13c213434323730343fehL8TaG_1358759122.jpg

Yep. I go to Burger King when I get cravings.

OMG yes. I love Burger King fries and their burgers. When my mom get fast food all she ever gets is McDonald's. I need variety!

sharkythesharkdogg
01-18-2014, 05:15 AM
I'll eat McDonald's breakfast and it's basically "meh." I really don't like them for much else at all.

I can do Taco Bell, Burger King, Hardee's, Arby's, and Subway.

I'm also down with all of those burrito joints that have popped up over the years and all those quick order hibachi places that have popped up. :kakapo:

The Man
01-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Steak n Shake or gtfo.

Does that count as fast food though? Idk.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-18-2014, 05:25 AM
I thought about that one, but you get seated and are handed menus, so I don't think so.

Plus, I don't like their fries, so they're not top on my list. :monster:

The Man
01-18-2014, 05:28 AM
how can you not like their fries :<

sharkythesharkdogg
01-18-2014, 05:33 AM
I don't like skinny fries. :colbert:

I really go there for the side-by-side chocolate banana shake.

The Man
01-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Skinny fries are the best. :doublecolbert: The best fries I've ever had are Ruth's Chris' super shoestring fries. I wish I knew what seasonings they used for those.

the shakes are indeed amongst the best parts of the restaurant though. I don't get them too often anymore because risk of diabeetus but still.

Shorty
01-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Wrong. Sweet potato fries are best fries.

Calliope
01-18-2014, 05:49 AM
There's a really great taco truck nearby. I should make a point of eating there more often.

Psychotic
01-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Wendy's is my favourite but I don't get to go often given that they do not exist on this side of the pond. I prefer McDonald's to Burger King - I think both their fries and their burgers are better, and you can't go wrong with a McFlurry. Not to say I dislike Burger King and I'll always have a Bacon Double Cheeseburger when I'm at London Euston station.

To be British, everyone has their local chippy they love! I think it's weird that there's no real chain of Fish and Chips. I mean, I guess Harry Ramsden's but it's hardly as omnipresent as the likes of Subway or what have you. Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there :shobon:

Heath
01-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Wendy's is my favourite but I don't get to go often given that they do not exist on this side of the pond. I prefer McDonald's to Burger King - I think both their fries and their burgers are better, and you can't go wrong with a McFlurry. Not to say I dislike Burger King and I'll always have a Bacon Double Cheeseburger when I'm at London Euston station.

To be British, everyone has their local chippy they love! I think it's weird that there's no real chain of Fish and Chips. I mean, I guess Harry Ramsden's but it's hardly as omnipresent as the likes of Subway or what have you. Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there :shobon:

I always feel like a sell-out grown up when I go buy a sandwich from the M&S at Euston rather than Burger King. Can't remember the last time I actually caved in and went there. I've never been to a Harry Ramsden's - are they any good? You're right that people in the UK get quite attached to their local chippy though.

I enjoy fast food, though I rarely eat it these days. I go to Nando's probably every couple of months as it's a routine I have with a friend from university who I see from time-to-time. I prefer McDonalds out of the main chains, but haven't been for at least two or three months.

Kalevala
01-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Burger King is the only fast food joint in town that has a veggie burger option, and it is delicious. McDonald's has those Mediterranean veggie wraps, which aren't bad either. I enjoy Wendy's but the closest thing they have to a burger replacement are the baked potatoes, and, really, I'm not going to a fast food restaurant to eat a god damn baked potato with fries.

On the healthier side of things, I've always preferred Quiznos to Subway. Subway has far too much bread going on, it's overpowering. Also, Quiznos guacamole is excellent.

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there :shobon:
All of the Pizza Hut's I've ever been to have dining areas with waitstaff. They even have lunch buffets on weekdays with different pizzas, pastas and salads. Are there Pizza Huts that are fast foodish?

I guess my favorite place right now is Zaxby's, which is a chicken joint primarily in the US South East, so maybe Noxy and Nico have eaten there. It's labeled "casual dining" but if your restaurant has a drive thru then you are fast food. They make these little tiny sandwiches with a chicken finger in them that I like. And they have the best fries.

I don't want you to be confused and think I'm saying "They have very good fries." They have the best fries. Crinkle cut with some kind of red-orange season delicious powder spice. And you dip them in ranch dressing? Fuck you, that's good eats.

I like Subway over Quiznos because while Quiznos is delicious all the ones I've ever been to have kind of odd looking veggies. All the Subways I've been to, save for one horrible one, had really fresh vegetables. Maybe I'm getting tricked, but so be it.

Shorty
01-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Hell yes, foaface, I will dip my fries in ranch until it is taken away from me.

Pumpkin
01-19-2014, 03:53 PM
I've been to Zaxby's. I don't mind it.

I really like McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's. I like A&W but it seems to be slightly different down here. I like Pizza Hut, also. I liked Harvey's which is basically a Subway, but for burgers. I like New York Fries, they have some great poutines.

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Hell yes, foaface, I will dip my fries in ranch until it is taken away from me.
I actually never did this until I was an adult and my sister made me. I can actually remember the outing on which this occurred. Then everything got dipped in ranch for a while.

Have you ever gotten cheese sticks/bread and dipped in ranch? mmm.

Parker
01-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Burger King seems to trump McDonalds when it comes to fast food. I am trying to avoid fast food though but it's really hard when you're travelling to a 9am meeting and theres a McDonalds RIGHT THERE with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin waiting for you.

The Man
01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Zaxby's is amazing. We don't have one near us :(

We do have PDQ, which is pretty similar and also good. Unfortunately it's also pretty expensive.

Shorty
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
I've forgotten about In n Out because there isn't one anywhere near me, but In n Out is the most superior fast food place of anywhere.

The Man
01-19-2014, 07:05 PM
I've never had In n Out because we don't have them anywhere around here and I never think to get something from them when I'm on vacation to somewhere that has them. I also don't think I've ever had Sonic.

Shorty
01-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Sonic is upper tier along with Wendy's for me because their food doesn't make me I'll as all hell once I'm done eating it, but In n Out is amazing.

Calliope
01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
America needs more late-night kebab shops.

Jess
01-26-2014, 04:13 PM
McDonalds breakfasts are amazing. I rarely have them because they are so bad, but I love to have it as a treat. Those hash browns. Oh god.

When it comes to burgers, I prefer Burger King. But the only Burger King in my city shut down a while ago so I haven't had one in ages. :(