PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter (Series)

Ayen
01-16-2014, 04:33 AM
One of Capcom's classics.

The first Street Fighter game I played was Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition on the Sega Genesis. I played with my brother and used to beat him all the time until he learned all the moves and turned the tables on me. All I would ever do was mash buttons.

After II I only remember playing one Street Fighter game for the PlayStation and not much more after that.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 04:42 AM
I've never played much of Street Fighter, if I've even played it at all. Honestly, the only game in the series that slightly interests me is Street Fighter 2010 for the NES, but that's just because I don't really like fighting games in general. Street Fighter 2010 was a platformer if I remember right.

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 04:43 AM
I loathe this series with every fiber of my being

Ayen
01-16-2014, 04:45 AM
I loathe this series with every fiber of my being

Care to explain why or...?

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Personal reasons. Suffice to say if I see Cammy or whatever that characters name is anytime soon I am going to flip my ****

Ayen
01-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Personal reasons. Suffice to say if I see Cammy or whatever that characters name is anytime soon I am going to flip my ****

It might be a good idea for you to avoid topics on things you don't like in the future. Simply saying, "I don't like it. Personal reasons." doesn't contribute much. This is why I rarely post in XIII topics.

I've never played much of Street Fighter, if I've even played it at all. Honestly, the only game in the series that slightly interests me is Street Fighter 2010 for the NES, but that's just because I don't really like fighting games in general. Street Fighter 2010 was a platformer if I remember right.

I didn't know that. I assume if it was Street Fighter it was a fighting game. Looking at some pictures of it now it hardly looks like a Street Fighter game at all outside of its title and choice of main character. That doesn't even look like Ken.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
It really has no real relation aside from the claims of that being ken if I'm remembering the AVGN episode on it correctly.

Street Fighter seems pretty solid if you like that sort of game, though. The only fighting games I've ever really enjoyed are Soul Calibur and Ehrgeiz though.

Bubba
01-16-2014, 02:24 PM
The release of Street Fighter II was a massive event in my childhood. My mum paid £55 to get an imported version for my birthday. Me and my mate used to play this for hours and hours. The hunt to find the cheat to play as the bosses was never-ending. We must have tried every possible button combination you could think of to try and get it to work.

I find fighting games really quite boring these days though. The last one I really got into was Tekken 2.

Sephex
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I was big into it as a kid. I owned Street Fighter II and Turbo for the SNES. I played Super SFII, but never owned that one. I thought the series was going stale by then and I just wanted a new one. I would eventually get 2 or 3 versions of SFIII, SFA3, and the more complete SFIV.

Despite owning all those games, I am very causal at fighting games. The people I play against are near my level in real life, and I actually enjoy playing against the computer. They can be cheap, but I enjoy the challenge of learning how the computer thinks and exploiting it.

That said, my favorite will always be SFII: TURBO, but I was VERY impressed with SFIV. Despite owning it, the game quickly fell into my backlog. I should bust it out again and explore it more.

maybee
01-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Uhm,

wow

I love this series so much ! I love Chun Li, Cammy, Vega, Ken, not Ryu I hate him ! Blanka, Sakura, R. Rainbow, Elena and so much more.

goes off to play SFIV

Endless
01-16-2014, 07:20 PM
SFII and SSFII(Turbo) have a special place, especially SFII because it was the game my Snes came bundled with for Xmas, and me and my brother played the crap out of it. And broke a couple controllers on it too.>.>

But for me, SFA3 is where SF shined brightest.

Ayen
01-17-2014, 02:44 AM
The release of Street Fighter II was a massive event in my childhood. My mum paid £55 to get an imported version for my birthday. Me and my mate used to play this for hours and hours. The hunt to find the cheat to play as the bosses was never-ending. We must have tried every possible button combination you could think of to try and get it to work.

Sounds like fun. If I remember right the Championship Edition had all the bosses available at selection so we never had to do that. I probably wouldn't have anyway since I didn't know what a cheat was back then.

Mo-Nercy
01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
I've always quietly envied people who can play SF and other 2D fighters to a high level. As someone who pretty much can only play Tekken, Soulcalibur and a bit of DOA, 2D fighters look insanely fast-paced. It's little wonder why SF's basic gameplay has remained the same all these years. It must be so rewarding to be good at it.

I am good enough at SFIV to beat most of my friends though. I usually use Sakura.

Edge7
01-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Up until recently, I was never too big on SF. Guilty Gear and Blazblue have always been my jam, something about the fast paced characters flying around the screen.

However, when my friend bought the Anniversary Collection (SFII and Third Strike), I fell in love with Street Fighter. There's something really intense about spacing in that game. I currently own SF Alpha 3 on my Vita.

My favorite characters are Ken, Elena and Cammy, in no particular order.

DK
01-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Third Strike is my game, I remember having some comically hilarious battles with Azar on that game. Ken all fucking day, son.