PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Undiscovery

Ayen
01-16-2014, 04:36 AM
Has anyone here played it? It's an action role-playing game for the Xbox 360. To my surprise it's actually an Xbox exclusive, didn't know they had any exclusive RPGs for the Xbox. I didn't play much of it, sadly. I had a crappy TV when I first played it and couldn't read any of the words on the screen so I played till I died, which wasn't very long into the game, and quit. I'll probably jump back to it some day.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 04:39 AM
I always wanted to play it, but I sold my 360 before I ever had a chance to play it. I think the general consensus among people who played it was that the game was just okay.

Hollycat
01-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I always wanted to play it, but I sold my 360 before I ever had a chance to play it. I think the general consensus among people who played it was that the game was just okay.
Like every Xbox rpg.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Lost Odyssey was pretty well received I think. It wasn't amazing by any means, but had a lot of awesome stuff going for it. Tales of Vesperia I liked quite a bit from what I played. Mass Effect is pretty well received (yes, it got less RPG-y over time). Not every Xbox rpg was just okay. Unless you mean specifically from Square then that's different. Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, FF XIII....

Ayen
01-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Mass Effect isn't an Xbox exclusive.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Not anymore. The first one used to be, though. And that's the one that's the most RPGish. I guess it did come as a part of the mass effect trilogy collection for the PS3, though.

Ayen
01-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Oh, I actually didn't know that.

They really should have held onto the exclusive rights of that.

Infinite Undiscovery just being 'okay' makes me slightly happy I didn't invest much time on it, although now I want to play it again just to see why it was only 'okay'. Double edge sword is doubly and edgy.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I want to play it just because it's a Square Enix game. I do have Last Remnant on the PC to try out, but Infinite Undiscovery didn't get ported anywhere else. Maybe I'll get a 360 whenever we're at the console generation after the PS4 and Xb1 when they are even cheaper and pick up the game, haha.

VeloZer0
01-16-2014, 06:33 AM
I would rate it a 'meh' to a 'ugh*'. It really is a hack and slash, where your main chore is ensuring your AI characters don't kill themselves.

*negative contagions, but without holding it in high enough regard to destain

Ayen
01-16-2014, 06:52 AM
The AI characters can kill themselves?

"Where my comrades go?" *turns around to see them all dead* "Goddammit!"

Jiro
01-16-2014, 08:11 AM
It was fresh in a lot of ways (for me anyway) and I liked it a fair amount, but it definitely falls into the "okay" category. It missed the mark a little but I'd still rate it as one of the most innovative things to come out of Square Enix HQ in a while.

Shauna
01-16-2014, 09:53 AM
I liked it enough when I played it, so I guess on that I'd say give it a go if you fancy?

I don't really remember anything about it though. At all. Some vague recollection of characters... uh. I dunno. I think that's probably 'nuff said, really - it is fairly forgettable.

Minami
01-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I've played it for about fifteen minutes. That was enough for me

Ayen
01-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I've played it for about fifteen minutes. That was enough for me

That sounds like the same amount of time I spent playing it. I just remember walking up some steps, dying and then turning the console off.