PDA

View Full Version : The garage door IS COMING DOWN!

Ayen
01-16-2014, 06:29 AM
For the longest time we've been having problems with the garage door. It's progressively been growing harder and harder to close shut and keep it close. My dad had called the landlord back in October about getting it fixed and nothing.

Today after my mom got home from work and put the car in the garage the thing thought it would just be HILARIOUS to break. By the time mom got me to come out to the garage to help dad was having to hold it up. Needed me to hold it up while he grabbed some shovels and a ladder to help it hold up the rest of it so he could work on it. By the time I was done I could barely lift up my damn arms, door is heavy.

Luckily for us one of our neighbors was on a smoke break, saw my dad struggling with the garage door which you could tell was torn and he decided to come on over and help out. Hooray for smokers! Good news is we were able to fix it and I'm sure my dad is going to have a nice talk next time he calls up the landlord.

When was the last time something in your home broke? Did you get it fix? Did you have to yell at anybody along the way?

Discuss.

noxious.sunshine
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
This one time, I parked my car at the top of my sister's driveway (when I was living with her), but I didn't set the handbrake right....
My car rolled down the driveway and straight through her garage door. It was pretty bad.

Last week I accidentally blew 1/2 the electric outlets in the RV while cooking dinner. Had too much turned on & running all at once - the lights, the microwave, my mom's convection oven, my cell phone and laptop were plugged in, the lamp outside was plugged in and turned on, and IDK what else.. Usually overloading like that will just kick the circuit breaker, but this time it completely blew that set of outlets.

Pumpkin
01-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Our A/C heating unit has been broken since... August? We thankfully had a backup A/C and we have baseboard heaters. But I mean really. It was covered under warranty, but apparently they had never had that specific part break before (sure) and they didn't believe us. So someone came to come check it out and now they say they have someone going to school to learn how to fix it? In Japan? And supposedly someone is supposed to come out this week but I don't believe that. The whole thing is absurd.

Jiro
01-16-2014, 08:21 AM
I tried to fix a light but decided not to because a) I'm sick of getting electrocuted and b) I don't want to get blamed for fucking it up.

Ayen
01-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Our A/C heating unit has been broken since... August? We thankfully had a backup A/C and we have baseboard heaters. But I mean really. It was covered under warranty, but apparently they had never had that specific part break before (sure) and they didn't believe us. So someone came to come check it out and now they say they have someone going to school to learn how to fix it? In Japan? And supposedly someone is supposed to come out this week but I don't believe that. The whole thing is absurd.

Can't count how many times we've been left waiting for someone to come out to fix something. And they usually end up doing more damage than good. One person left such a mess outside my dad was sure to take pictures of it all and then made sure to bring them back here to clean up the mess because he wasn't going to.