PDA

View Full Version : Ehrgeiz

Ayen
01-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Anyone here ever played Ehrgeiz? Strange game.

I rented it from Movies & More in large part because Cloud and Sephiroth were in the game. I liked how you fought in a wrestling ring and all the mini-games they had. The adventure mode they had in the game wasn't half bad either.

Discuss.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-17-2014, 04:27 AM
I loved Ehrgeiz. Granted, it was mainly for being able to play as FF VII characters first, but I legitimately enjoyed the game at the time. I liked playing as Han the best I think. He had a mechanical leg, and I'm pretty sure he could shoot things out of it.

Also, this ending is the best because it just goes on forever:

DXA8aF53yeI

NeverEnding Noodles OoOOoOOoO

escobert
01-18-2014, 05:11 AM
I played it a bit. was fun. I too got it to play FFVII characters.

krissy
01-18-2014, 06:31 AM
yeah he shot rockets out of his robot leg
it shows him loading them in in the intro movie
i liked the demo never got the game
couldnt justify the purchase and it was never on sale

escobert
01-18-2014, 03:04 PM
I had a phase of buying every PS Square game there was. then they all got stolen from me :( I had black labels of every game except that side scrolling shooter flier thingy one.

Mercen-X
01-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Hollywood Video rental for Cloud and Sephiroth, naturally... I mean this game never got any promotion, no advertisement... as if when they made it, they already knew no one would want to play except for being able to play as Cloud and co.

Favorite characters: Han Daehan, Django, Yoko and Jo (because they were the only female original characters until you unlocked Claire and were extremely cute)
I did like the adventure mode.

Bolivar
01-24-2014, 03:25 AM
It was fun for what it was and the adventure was really cool. I kind of wish Square would make another procedurally generated game like that.

Mercen-X
01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
I've always thought they should combine the mythos of Ehrgeiz with the Bouncer. Both utilize the exact same gameplay accept one is focused on beat-'em-up adventure and the other is a one-on-one fighter (with a beat-'em-up RPG as fries)

Sephex
01-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I have this game. I usually used the shirtless Sephiroth to question my sexuality.

Jiro
01-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I saw it for like $18 once but honestly I can't justify buying it in this day and age even for that money 'cause I can't even play it

sharkythesharkdogg
01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
It was a pretty fun game! I remember playing as Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, Sephiroth, Vincent, and Zack of course.

Tobal 1 was also a pretty fun game. The controls really set it apart from other 3D fighters of the time.

I also remember Einhander being really good quality for a side-shooter.

I miss the more experimental games, or just unique games from Square. :(

I remember picking up Tobal 1 just because it had Square on the front cover, and so I knew it would most likely be quality.

Del Murder
01-29-2014, 08:40 PM
I saw it for like $18 once but honestly I can't justify buying it in this day and age even for that money 'cause I can't even play it
At what price would you justify buying a game you can't play?