PDA

View Full Version : Transition problems

Pumpkin
01-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Star Trek: The Next Generation is almost over and next sharky wants me to watch Deep Space Nine. There was even a crossover episode. I am not happy. I don't want to watch Deep Space Nine because there is no Data, and if there is no Data there is no shion :colbert:

Are there any shows you have trouble transitioning from like this? Or maybe going from one series to another because you don't want that series to be over?

Slothy
01-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Can't say I really have that problem with shows. Games sometimes, but not often shows, and no examples I can remember.

I will tell you though that DS9 is pretty high up there as some of the best Trek. And if it makes you feel any better coming from Next Gen, Chief O'Brien is the chief engineer, Worf joins the cast in either the third or fourth seasons, and Picard shows up in the first episode.

Bubba
01-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I didn't enjoy the transition from Firefly... to nothing.

Slothy
01-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Okay, yeah, that was a rough transition. :(

Ayen
01-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Only when I went from the Sailor Moon anime to PGSM. Once I got used to actors playing the part of anime characters it didn't bother me as much.

Pike
01-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I didn't want Star Trek The Original Series to be over but I knew that The Next Generation was amazing as well.

And you know what? So is Deep Space Nine! :hyper: Super hyped for when Hux and I finish TNG and get to it. Obviously we don't want TNG to end but DS9 is just great.

Jiro
01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I didn't enjoy the transition from Firefly... to nothing.

:G

Crop
01-19-2014, 03:35 PM
I enjoyed TNG immensely, I liked TOS, and hell I even found Voyager a guilty pleasure even though I just ended up complaining about most of the episodes...

...But after giving it a few tries I really couldn't get into DS9, and I don't know why. I have so much free time for the next 5 weeks so I might have to give it another chance.