PDA

View Full Version : Finishing with time to spare

Ayen
01-18-2014, 09:20 AM
I finished my review yesterday with four whole days to spare. When was the last time you finished something early? What was it? What did you do with the free time?

I'm using it to work on a side project I've been holding off for a while.

Bubba
01-18-2014, 10:08 AM
I always finish early. Just ask the missus.

Minami
01-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Never. I always leave everything till the last possible minute. Especially bad when it comes to doing my assignments

escobert
01-18-2014, 09:49 PM
In my line of work finishing early means something went wrong. So, I try to never finish early. And if I do it ends up taking longer since then I must figure out what went wrong. :p

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I've been finishing comic pages ahead of time recently. All I do in times like that is... continue on to the next page!

noxious.sunshine
01-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I work best when I wait 'till the last possible minute.

Unless it's like rolling silverware and cleaning my section and crap in a restaurant. I get all of that done as early as possible so'z I can skip my happy on outta work as soon as I get cut.

Jiro
01-18-2014, 11:12 PM
I get stuff done early a lot. Like one semester I handed in all my assessment a full month before it was due. Other times it has been a couple weeks. I got other shit to do man, might as well get that out of the way so I can do fun things

starlet
01-19-2014, 02:31 AM
When I'm done at work I go home :P

.....except lately because the receptionist has been giving me rides to work since my car is a POS. Then I usually end up poking around on FB on my phone.

Pumpkin
01-19-2014, 02:36 AM
I've been finishing my writing prompts early!

I like to finish things with time to spare so I stress less, but that doesn't always work out for me.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-19-2014, 06:14 AM
In school, I never finished with more than a few hours to spare really, but I always got my stuff done on time. The exception would be lesson plans while student teaching, and even those were getting done the night before I would teach them a lot of the time.

Mahad
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM
When ever I do finish an assignment in school early, I just relax for a bit and look around for other stuff that needs to be done. It's better to get it all out of the way quickly, before they start to pile up.

Mo-Nercy
01-20-2014, 12:30 AM
At uni, I'd always try to finish work early. But rather than use the extra time to look over it and make improvements, I'd just hand it in early too.

At work, I usually put things off till the boss has asked for the umpteenth time. But if I ever do get something done before then, I'll play the PlayStation 2 I set up "for my patients".

Shorty
01-20-2014, 05:37 AM
I don't have this problem of wondering what to do with free time once I've finished something because I don't finish anything early. I leave it until the eleventh hour and race to get it done.