PDA

View Full Version : bloody sundays

Jiro
01-18-2014, 11:10 PM
I hate sundays because everything is fucking shut. Night time also suffers from this but sundays are horrible. Like today I am in intense physical pain because I strained my neck fucking rolling over in bed yesterday and I can't see a damn soul to fix it. Took some painkillers yesterday and they did sweet fuck all so today I am relying on the internet to make me feel less bad about my pain.

in my ideal world there would be no days off no such thing as night time we would just alternate shifts and there would be night dwellers and day dwellers who ran on different schedules

Jessweeee♪
01-18-2014, 11:30 PM
I hate whoever decided government facilities are only open monday through friday WHEN I AM WORKING

Nicolas
01-19-2014, 12:09 AM
I came here for talk of Sundays. I am very disappointed. The least you could do is give me a banana.

Cuchulainn
01-19-2014, 12:41 AM
I came here thinking someone had an opinion on the massacre of 14 innocent Irish Catholic civilians by the British Parachute Regiment.

What I found was whine about some first world problems.

Damn you to hell Jiro.

Heath
01-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!'.

Cuchulainn
01-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!'.

Alan Partridge over here

noxious.sunshine
01-19-2014, 01:46 AM
I thought Bloody Sunday was when the Russians killed a bunch of their own back during the Romanov rule.

Cuchulainn
01-19-2014, 01:56 AM
There was one in Russia in 1905 but the most well known one (at least here and if Google 'hits' is to go by) happened in Derry in 1972. There were a few others in Ireland too.

I think the term was added to most retroactively years later. There was one in Dublin in 1920 where the British Army opened fire at spectators at a football game and another in 1921 where the British Army killed 16 people and burnt out hundreds of homes in the Catholic parts of Belfast.

I duno I think the British liked to do bad shit on Sundays.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-19-2014, 02:03 AM
I hate sundays especially this week because everyone's gonna be bloody shopping in preparation for the Football Game and I have to cater to all these stupid people also I'm in so much pain I don't think I'll be able to stand for any longer than an hour tomorrow send help

Jiro
01-19-2014, 03:45 AM
I came here thinking someone had an opinion on the massacre of 14 innocent Irish Catholic civilians by the British Parachute Regiment.

What I found was whine about some first world problems.

Damn you to hell Jiro.

just because they have parachutes doesn't mean they can shoot at civs that's just shit. but really I'd put that in eoeo man :aimsad:

Denmark
01-19-2014, 03:48 AM
I don't like U2.

America has the next TWO days where everything is closed. Thanks a lot, Martin Luther King!

Jiro
01-19-2014, 04:14 AM
I don't like U2.

America has the next TWO days where everything is closed. Thanks a lot, Martin Luther King!

fucking we didn't even get that off from class. trudging through the fucking snow man it wasn't fun :aimmad:

Calliope
01-19-2014, 06:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z778slDEsds

Psychotic
01-19-2014, 07:34 AM
in my ideal world there would be no days offIn my ideal world there'd be no days on :monster:

Kalevala
01-19-2014, 08:53 AM
This thread made me panic because I thought yesterday was Sunday and that I had inadvertently stayed up until ten to five on a Monday morning. God damnit, you guys.

Faris
01-19-2014, 09:53 AM
At least it's not Monday.

Jiro
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM
in my ideal world there would be no days offIn my ideal world there'd be no days on :monster:

the world would collapse

at least in mine you still get time off

but everything is always immediately available in case of emergency

WildRaubtier
01-19-2014, 01:13 PM
wait, wait

could you...

could you describe the nature of your injury again please

Cuchulainn
01-19-2014, 02:22 PM
This thread made me panic because I thought yesterday was Sunday and that I had inadvertently stayed up until ten to five on a Monday morning. God damnit, you guys.

goddamnit Jiro you're confusing everyone.

Jiro
01-19-2014, 02:48 PM
wait, wait

could you...

could you describe the nature of your injury again please

the muscles in my neck have strained or something and I am almost entirely incapable of twisting my neck in any direction

okay no so I appear to have like 15 degrees of movement in any one direction now so that's exciting

Citizen Bleys
01-20-2014, 03:00 AM
I fucking love Shit Faced Sunday

Shorty
01-20-2014, 05:29 AM
in my ideal world there would be no days off no such thing as night time we would just alternate shifts and there would be night dwellers and day dwellers who ran on different schedules

This is essentially the system in Chuck Palahniuk's Rant and it's a little weird. There are opposing classes where urban dwellers are forcefully divided by curfew into two separate classes: the respectable Daytimers and the oppressed Nighttimers. It kindof makes sense, but kindof doesn't.

Anyway, I'm cool with a couple of days where things are essentially shut down. I do like the idea that I can go to the store or get food at any hour of the day that I like on any day that I like. I think it encourages consumerism, which I don't approve of, but it also gives people jobs, which I do approve of. If we had around-the-clock jobs, I think it would be good to provide work for folks who otherwise might not have that opportunity, but I can also see it becoming a societal pidgeon-hole where lowlifes and dregs and lower-class folks indefinitely get stuck working graveyard shifts, kindof like in the book I just mentioned, but without the oppression (note: I'm not actually calling people who work graveyards lowlifes and dregs).

Jiro
01-20-2014, 11:45 AM
just another reason I need to find all of Palahniuk's fucking work

Shorty
01-20-2014, 05:42 PM
That book itself was pretty terrible, though it had some neat schemes/concepts! But yes you do. :colbert:

Bubba
01-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Sunday is my only day off and I always look forward to just chilling out, lounging around with the missus, watching football and eating everything in sight.

The main food shops are open till 4pm so it doesn't really bother me. I'm all for 24 hour everything. As long as people are happy to work at those times then that's fine by me.