PDA

View Full Version : Favourite First City/Town/Village

Kalevala
01-19-2014, 01:52 PM
From sprawling metropolises to backwater hamlets, every Final Fantasy has one right at, or very soon after, the beginning of the game. Which is your favourite?

Pete for President
01-20-2014, 05:10 AM
Besaid! It's got the laid back tropics vibe.

Ayen
01-20-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm going to be unoriginal and say Midgar, Balamb Garden and Besaid.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Balamb and Alexandria.

Quindiana Jones
01-20-2014, 07:07 AM
Dali. It's the first town after Alexandria, which I will consider the introduction town and not viable for this thread, because Dali. I loved and love that place so much. The music and the... well, just everything. Out of all the places in FFIX's excellent world, I would live in Dali.

Mo-Nercy
01-20-2014, 07:41 AM
I think we've all overlooked Rabanastre. It's a pretty vibrant place.
Honourable mention to Balamb Garden and it's mellow tunes.

Psychotic
01-20-2014, 07:42 AM
I love the contrast between Midgar and Kalm. Sprawling grimy metropolis and a sleepy little town with a cheerful background track.

Vermachtnis
01-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Dali. It's the first town after Alexandria, which I will consider the introduction town and not viable for this thread, because Dali. I loved and love that place so much. The music and the... well, just everything. Out of all the places in FFIX's excellent world, I would live in Dali.

I came to say that. I love Dali's music.

Kalevala
01-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Agreed. Though, while Dali is gorgeous, Alexandria would be lovely to live in during times of peace. I'm a pretty big homebody, but Dali is a little too isolated, even for me.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
I like Dali a lot. I would live there. It's very pretty.

Bubba
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Midgar would definitely be my choice if we're talking about favourite cities.

My favourite town would actually derive from Midgar itself. Wall Market. It just had pretty much everything. So many memorable NPC's as well from Big Bro, to Mukki and the Don himself, of course. Also, the cross-dressing side quest was something I'd never experienced in a game when I was a teenager. It blew my tiny mind.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
I would hate to live in Midgar. It's so... dirty. And way too busy for my tastes.

Bubba
01-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Are we discussing which town/city is our favourite or where we would like to live?

I'm confused.

Pumpkin
01-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Favorite. I'm just commenting. I base favorite off of places I wouldn't mind visiting or living in, and Midgar is not up there :D

Bubba
01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Ah right, yeah Midgar would definitely not be a place I'd like to live in either.

It was a still a great experience as a player though :p

Mercen-X
01-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Midgar because it's huge, Balamb Garden because it is filled with the hero's allies despite the fact all but five of the fade into obscurity, Alexandria because of the play

Carl the Llama
01-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Hmm... tough call, but Zanarkand would take the bait for me... futuristic, all about the game and epic music.