PDA

View Full Version : SMURF THIS GAME!

Ayen
01-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Has a game ever made you rage quit? When was the last time a game got you so mad you just had to stop playing?

Bane just caused a massive rage quit out of me today on Batman Arkham Origins. I threw the game's slip across the room and it landed behind my DVD player.

Mirage
01-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Very many games, but a lot less now that I'm a so called "adult" than when I was a teenager.

Fighting games with psychic AIs were a common reason.

escobert
01-22-2014, 09:57 PM
any online FPS.

DayZ makes me want to rage quit whenever I get killed on sight. But then I just have to say "well you were the dumbass who tried to be friendly instead of just shooting." and I kill on sight now xD

Rostum
01-22-2014, 09:58 PM
All the time, especially in unresponsive interface or lag-fest games. ><;

Pumpkin
01-22-2014, 10:05 PM
I've done that with XIII like 4 times this month, including about 10 minutes ago.

I'll finish it, though. Oh, I'll finish it :stare:

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2014, 11:34 PM
GTA Online. I did the race at the beginning, the very first thing you do after you make your character, and everyone voted me out as a "bad sport." I haven't touched it since.

Ayen
01-23-2014, 09:48 AM
I've done that with XIII like 4 times this month, including about 10 minutes ago.

I'll finish it, though. Oh, I'll finish it :stare:

It's not worth it, Shion!

Pike
01-23-2014, 10:36 AM
I rage quit a lot. Usually I'll go back to the game later, though.

Sometimes I'll Rage Cheat, too :shobon: Recently in Vicky II, I was playing as Scandinavia and holding off Russia pretty successfully but then the French landed and I didn't feel like fighting them off to so I pulled up the console and forced them into taking a peace. They were going to lose eventually anyway because their warscore wasn't looking hot at all, I just wanted to speed along the process :shobon:

Jiro
01-23-2014, 12:03 PM
LoL pissed me off so frequently. Then I stopped caring. Then I stopped playing. Easy.

Sephex
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
I usually just bitch and whine until I get it done. If I find myself getting too upset, I just take a break. The worst thing I ever done was throw a game case harmlessly across a room. I was a lot younger when I did that, though.

My friend's story is better. He really got into the Deception series (games by Tecmo where you set traps in places like an ultra violent Home Alone) starting with the second installment. Then he bought the third and loved that one too. So naturally, he tracked down the original assuming he would love that one as well.

WRONG. The game was so poorly made in his opinion that he lost his temper and just couldn't take it anymore after playing it for awhile.

He proceeded to walk over to the PlayStation, pop open the tray, grab the disc, break it in two, and scream, "TECMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Ayen
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
*tips hat to Sephex's friend*

Bubba
01-23-2014, 04:04 PM
The only time I've ever rage quitted is during online Fifa. I've only done it a couple of times because I hate it when it's done to me. I've also thrown a Playstation pad across the room in frustration when my friend was kicking my arse at it.

I don't tend to play Fifa that much any more. I like my gaming experiences to be enjoyable as opposed to me being angry and frustrated.

Shorty
01-23-2014, 06:29 PM
I ragequit FFX ten minutes from the ending because I hated the "plot twist" so much. :colbert: I am afraid to play Dark Souls because I have a feeling I am going to ragequit all the damn time.

Like Pike, I usually end up going back to games shortly after I do this.

Topaz Flare
01-23-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure if I ever ragequit a game, but what I do know is that I force myself to finish a game no matter how bad it is. A recent example would be Devil May Cry 2 HD... That game gave me such huge migranes because it was so mind-numbingly bad, mute and most of all, "Don't Worry" on your stylish rank. ugh!.

Madame Adequate
01-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I ragequit FFX ten minutes from the ending because I hated the "plot twist" so much. :colbert: I am afraid to play Dark Souls because I have a feeling I am going to ragequit all the damn time.

No "plot twist" occurred in the last ten minutes of the game though?

Sephiroth
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't ragequit. I rather crush controller's with my bare/bear hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6c7B-oos4A

Then I go outside and crush passengers.

Street Fighter 4 Zangief - Ultra Ultimate Atomic Buster - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohEj7QGQliQ)

Ayen
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Welp, I just crumbled the slipcase my Batman game came in and threw it across the room. Made it past Bane, Firefly and what gets me? A BUNCH OF SMURFING PIPES!

Shorty
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM

No, but I continued brooding over it and decided that finishing wasn't worth it.

Sephex
01-24-2014, 12:08 AM

No, but I continued brooding over it and decided that finishing wasn't worth it.

https://i.imgflip.com/6cpd6.jpg

Jessweeee♪
01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
LoL pissed me off so frequently. Then I stopped caring. Then I stopped playing. Easy.

Everyone who plays LoL is angry all of the time.

Spuuky
01-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Untrue. I play LoL with a great sense of calm and relaxation, because I'm always better than my opponents. I think I'm the only calm MOBA player in the world, though.

Pike
01-24-2014, 02:01 AM
I'm always calm and relaxed when I play Awesomenauts because pretty much everyone who plays that game is calm and relaxed. It's not only the best MOBA community I've been involved with but probably one of the best game communities period. Love all the friendly banter during the game matches. Much :heart:.

(Yes I talk about this game too much. But it's legitimately great.)

Skyblade
01-24-2014, 05:17 AM
I used to be calm and relaxed in League of Legends. Then the community just got worse and worse. So I stopped playing, and I only pick it back up for a couple fights every six months or so.

Jiro
01-25-2014, 05:33 AM
Untrue. I play LoL with a great sense of calm and relaxation, because I'm always better than my opponents. I think I'm the only calm MOBA player in the world, though.

I reached a point where I was getting much better and that making me win more often and even when I didn't win I still played well and was impressing my team mates. But then there were toxic jerks and I just... it's not fun when your team mates respond to a suggestion or a request with "well time to feed".

black orb
01-26-2014, 06:01 AM
>>> Resident evil games..:luca:

Mercen-X
01-26-2014, 07:35 AM
A few NES games. Final Fantasy Tactics. I played it once and forgot to save after the extremely long and boring opening. When I died, I decided never to play it again.

escobert
02-02-2014, 01:28 AM
I rage quit hardcore today. Was with a friend at a military base in DayZ. The game was giving me trouble unloading a 5.56mm mag I found for my M4 and as I went to leave the room a diptrout shot me through the window and killed me. Knew I should have kept that ballistics helmet -_- My friend being the hero he is logged off and left my body to be looted by the killer :mad2: so I gave him trout he logged back on and got killed by the guy lol

Skyblade
02-02-2014, 09:02 AM
I rage quit hardcore today. Was with a friend at a military base in DayZ. The game was giving me trouble unloading a 5.56mm mag I found for my M4 and as I went to leave the room a diptrout shot me through the window and killed me. Knew I should have kept that ballistics helmet -_- My friend being the hero he is logged off and left my body to be looted by the killer :mad2: so I gave him trout he logged back on and got killed by the guy lol

I never understood the fascination people have with this sort of gameplay. At least in every good MMO you can choose to turn PVP on or off. Why would I want to take part in a persistent multiplayer experience where "multiplayer" just means "you die a lot". Especially since you lose everything you built up, so all the progression you might have had is worthless.

escobert
02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
It is annoying but, since the game is alpha there's not much to do besides get geared up and kill/be killed. But, the whole my character really dies thing kinda adds a lot to it. There's no actual character progression so it's just your gear you lose.

Much higher adrenaline rush when in a gun fight or you feel like there's someone in the base with you. And not everyone shoots on sight. I'd say its about 50/50. I scared the trout outta some guy the other day and he fired on me while yelling friendly lol. He was horrible aim and unloaded his gun so I had him after that. I let him live and just laughed.

and you can't have fun like this in other MMOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OaDdv6fcg

Jiro
02-06-2014, 07:31 AM

I never understood the fascination people have with this sort of gameplay. At least in every good MMO you can choose to turn PVP on or off. Why would I want to take part in a persistent multiplayer experience where "multiplayer" just means "you die a lot". Especially since you lose everything you built up, so all the progression you might have had is worthless.

It increases the stakes which makes successes feel more impressive, I guess? It can be frustrating, but it's also fun, too.