PDA

View Full Version : The Sims

Pumpkin
01-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Do you play the Sims? Do you enjoy the Sims? I have played the first, second, third and Sims 2 Pets and Sims 3 Pets. My favorite part is building the houses :3

Jinx
01-23-2014, 12:28 AM
I used to go into Free Play and make all of these characters from my favorite books and movies and then marry them. :|

Jessweeee♪
01-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Oh man. I get so hyped up like "yes I am going to play the sims it is going to be so great" and then I play for a few days and get bored and repeat once a year.

Ayen
01-23-2014, 10:25 AM
As with most things I was introduced to growing up, I first saw The Sims gameplay from watching my brother play it on the computer. I forget if it was the first or second one, I want to say second but not 100% certain.

I wouldn't play The Sims myself until 2003 when it came out on multi-platforms. I got it for the GameCube. While not as detailed as the computer one, it was still plenty of fun and I spent hours on that game and then some on The Sims Busting Out, but I always preferred the first one. I like how you could knock a girl up from just kissing and that if you put the security alarm outside your house the burglar can't even get to your door without it going off. Eventually I unlocked the love bed and bow chicka wow wow!

And when I found out about all the horrible things you could do to them like making them pee their pants and starve to death I went to town. I saw the Grim Reaper and a girl begged him not to take the man that died turning him into a zombie. Man, I was such a huge dick. Just like a real god.

Shauna
01-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Oh man. I get so hyped up like "yes I am going to play the sims it is going to be so great" and then I play for a few days and get bored and repeat once a year.

Pretty much. xD I have only done this once or twice in my life, but it definitely is a passing fancy every time.

Jiro
01-23-2014, 12:03 PM

p. much

Old Manus
01-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Sims 1 is only Sims

move objects - on, then move the shower = nekkid sims

Shaibana
01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
i had sims 1 when i was young, it was a bundle with Pets, Extra stuff, Vacation and another thing. the cd's are completely scratched etc
i have tried sims 2 and 3 last year but it just doesnt have the same feeling.

my sims were never happy. so when i played it again last year i gave them infinite money and everything they want.
i finaly managed to get a baby.

but after a while it really becomes a routine to keep the sims happy, and it gets boring.
i have never managed to keep the pets happy :(

escobert
01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I played Sims 2. Couldn't ever really get into it.

Jessweeee♪
01-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Sims 1 is only Sims

move objects - on, then move the shower = nekkid sims

move objects - on, delete mailbox to stop getting bills, no one can visit me and now the pizza man is trapped on a tile in the center of my house

Jinx
01-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Whenever fucking social workers steal my kids, I trap them in so they can't take my baby.

Shaibana
01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Whenever smurfing social workers steal my kids, I trap them in so they can't take my baby.

been there, done that :l they just teleport away after a while:eep:

Ayen
01-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Whenever smurfing social workers steal my kids, I trap them in so they can't take my baby.

Social workers on the Sims are crazy strict. I got my kid taken away just for crying in his crib in the middle of the night and my Sims not being fast enough to pick him up.

Shorty
01-29-2014, 10:36 PM
I get obsessed with the Sims and will play for hours a day for about three consecutive days and then get bored and move onto something else. Much like Sim City.

Crop
01-29-2014, 10:49 PM
I get obsessed with the Sims and will play for hours a day for about three consecutive days and then get bored and move onto something else. Much like Sim City.

I'm pretty much the same as this.

The first and only Sims I've really played was the first one, when it was ported for the PS2. When I first got it I played it for about 12 hours straight.
The replay value for me comes from the two player mode, I have a couple of friends who I play with every few months when we're just in the mood to relax for the evening. I find it quite an easy going, light hearted game to play.

Shaibana
01-30-2014, 11:53 AM

Social workers on the Sims are crazy strict. I got my kid taken away just for crying in his crib in the middle of the night and my Sims not being fast enough to pick him up.

omg yes :(

Loony BoB
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
I would always spend more time making a rockin' household than I would actually playing the game.

Pumpkin
01-30-2014, 05:19 PM
House building is awesome.

Basements can be a poop though. Took me a while to figure out how to do it.

Shlup
01-31-2014, 10:14 PM
I haven't played The Sims 3 in probably almost two years... I haven't been able to get it to work right, and it just takes so much effort to re-install and organize all my custom downloads. I still keep downloading new custom stuff for the game... I have thousands of add-ons. Thousands.

I have one really nice house I built that I miss playing. I would also really like to build a model of the house I'm living in so that I can decorate it, since the real version of the house is a rental that's 3/4 full of the owner's stuff and has just horrible wallpaper.

Minami
01-31-2014, 11:10 PM
I play sims 2 and sims 3. Have all the expansions and so much CC for sims 2 that it takes two hours to load :( Been going crazy with my monitor not working as i haven't been able to play for three weeks

Sims 2 is my favourite, i get bored of sims 3 pretty quickly though. I suck at house building but love making new sims