PDA

View Full Version : Worse Name Ever

Shiny
01-23-2014, 04:01 AM
Gash is a horrible last name. No, I will not call you Ms. Gash. Ew.

What are some horrible names you've heard?

Shorty
01-23-2014, 04:03 AM
Every single time Parks and Rec comes on and the credit for "Norm Hiscock" flashes, I laugh to myself.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-23-2014, 04:12 AM
Do you just say, "What up G?"

Marine. We had a student go through school last month. PFC Marine.

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2014, 04:20 AM
I knew a lady whose middle name was Latrina.

Ayen
01-23-2014, 10:14 AM
ESPN. No joke, there were parents who actually named their kid ESPN. It was on the news.

That poor kid.

Jiro
01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
that fucking kid called hashtag. get out.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-23-2014, 12:20 PM
God Shammgod (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod)

Ayen
01-23-2014, 12:25 PM
that smurfing kid called hashtag. get out.

ESPN and Hashtag should do a show together.

Sephex
01-23-2014, 01:03 PM
That Tula Does The Hula From Hawaii always made me laugh.

For those of you who haven't heard of that one, I'm serious. Google it.

Bubba
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM
When I worked for the bank we had a customer called Keith Potato.

noxious.sunshine
01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
I read about a kid in Australia whose parents named him Fish N Chips a few years ago....

And then supposedly the Aussie gubment made it so that they can tell parents they can't name their kid dumb shhh like that.

Minami
01-23-2014, 10:07 PM
I think I win this thread. I work in a takeaway and I have a customer with the surname Gooch. There's also a Butt, Haws and more than one Cox!

noxious.sunshine
01-23-2014, 10:50 PM
I knew someone with the last name Cox.;p

Brennan
01-24-2014, 02:10 AM
I think I win this thread. I work in a takeaway and I have a customer with the surname Gooch. There's also a Butt, Haws and more than one Cox!

I knew someone with the last name Cox.;p

I'm actually distantly related to a girl with the last name of "Brown-Cox"
Dad was a Brown and mom was a Cox, they got separated. Sooooo... yeah.
/thread

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-24-2014, 02:12 AM
There was a girl who called in to the radio show Loveline named Lasagna.

Laddy
01-24-2014, 11:33 AM
There was a math teacher (I never had her but she was so perky and enthusiastic I dubbed her "The Math Fairy", a name that stuck) called Mrs. Cocke. She insisted it was pronounced "coke" but it was too late.

Shouldn't be a teacher with a name like Cocke.

Iceglow
01-25-2014, 05:54 PM
There was a customer I dealt with once called Richard Cock. I was literally like "Damn son, your parents named you Dick Cock" (It was an email, and Dick is short for Richard over here)

kotora
01-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Chinese people's English names. The worst one I found was a girl in my office named Queenal :monster:

LunarWeaver
01-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I feel bad for kids with terrible names. Naming your child Extracurricular Activity or something isn't going to help them in life. That resume will get thrown in the trash before any accomplishments are read because it telegraphs your parents were more excited about their personal buffoonery than the human being they created. Then they have to go through the fuss of changing their name, if they're smart. Also Pontus, for personal reasons.

The Man
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I think those kids who were named Adolf Hitler and stuff like that by their white supremacist parents win this thread. If I remember right the parents lost custody over the children and they had their names changed though.

Quindiana Jones
01-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Chinese people's English names. The worst one I found was a girl in my office named Queenal :monster:

Highlights from my school:

Firearm.
Ice Ninja.
Snow White.
Special.
Easy.

Shauna
01-27-2014, 10:01 PM
I spoke to a guy on the phone called "Darth Vader" once. I am torn between worst and best name here, the guy had good humour about it (he was all "May the force be with you", which I linefaced at - Vader wouldn't be saying things like that!) but still... I dunno if it was self inflicted or whether his parents were cruel. Either way. Names.

kotora
01-27-2014, 11:31 PM

Highlights from my school:

Firearm.
Ice Ninja.
Snow White.
Special.
Easy.

Daiv easily wins though.

Jiro
01-28-2014, 12:11 AM
I read a post on some website that basically said parents who don't name their kids the most common thing in the world (and don't change the spelling!!!!) are abusing their child and being pretentious. I don't know I like my name. I would've hated being one of the seven million fucking Sams, Joshs, Nicks, etc, etc. I mean people ended up with cool nicknames so we could tell them apart but whatever.

o_O
01-28-2014, 11:20 PM
When I was kid, a guy used to come into work called Petrus Trollop.

I went to school with a Richard Holder and a Richard Spray. Think about those two.

There's a woman who sometimes appears on breakfast current events shows in New Zealand, and I swear I'm not making this up, called Gay Dick.

Shorty
01-28-2014, 11:21 PM
I'd like everyone to know that o_O is a terrible namer and that when I was coming up with names for Achilles, he tried to get me to name him Floorcake.

Jiro
01-29-2014, 02:03 AM
o_O is great at naming things. Floorcake is a wonderful name.