PDA

View Full Version : After Finding Yuffie

Topaz Flare
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I was wondering that since you aren't allowed to go into the menu or use the save point are you allowed to talk to your other team members? or will she run away?

I was tempted to try when I found her, but I was too tired to mess around to actually talk to whoever was on my team while she lays there to see what they would say (It's an OCD habit of mine where I gotta talk to everyone and everything , lol!).

Has anyone tried talking to the other team members? Do they say anything? :kakapo:

VeloZer0
01-23-2014, 08:11 PM
I have read in multiple places that she does run away if you talk to anyone. I've never tried it as I don't want to bother to find her again.

Jinx
01-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure she runs away.

Karifean
01-23-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

Ayen
01-23-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm the same way when it comes to always talking to my allies, but I don't think I did in that particular interest. I had already had her run on me a couple of times and didn't care to do the part over again.

Jiro
01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Hmm. I think you can talk to your allies before you initiate the conversation, but not after/during.

Mercen-X
01-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Yes, you can talk to them, I have done it. You just can't do anything that causes the screen to change until Cloud and co have walked away and make sure whatever you say to Yuffie doesn't overly offend her.

Psychotic
01-24-2014, 08:33 AM
The save point was such a neat trick in theory... although I really don't know why anyone would use it even if they didn't know about Yuffie. Oh boy, just whooped some random girl's ass! Better save my game on this tiny map!

Topaz Flare
01-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes, you can talk to them, I have done it.

:ty:. Now if only I can battle the urge to find her again just to see what my party members would say :wacky:

The save point was such a neat trick in theory... although I really don't know why anyone would use it even if they didn't know about Yuffie. Oh boy, just whooped some random girl's ass! Better save my game on this tiny map!

If I didn't read that you should'nt, I would've!

It's a shame that I didn't play this game earlier, I would've probably enjoyed getting trolled by Yuffie then. Now, I'm just too impatient :/

Skyblade
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes, you can talk to them, I have done it.

:ty:. Now if only I can battle the urge to find her again just to see what my party members would say :wacky:

Remember, it changes slightly per each party member. But it's basically lines like "who is this girl?" And "do you think she's okay?".

If I didn't read that you should'nt, I would've!

It's a shame that I didn't play this game earlier, I would've probably enjoyed getting trolled by Yuffie then. Now, I'm just too impatient :/

Yep. If a scenario pops up randomly after a fight, you can't really be sure how long it will last or what it might entail. Save Points generally appear before bosses and important story elements. The urge to save is a fairly automatic one (as is asking her name, and getting caught by the naming screen transition). Heck, even if you wait until after finishing the conversation, she takes your money if you save before leaving the screen.

I've experimented with Yuffie a lot. I think Vincent and Cid's dialogue are the only parts of that scene I've never seen.

Jiro
01-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Yep. If a scenario pops up randomly after a fight, you can't really be sure how long it will last or what it might entail. Save Points generally appear before bosses and important story elements. The urge to save is a fairly automatic one (as is asking her name, and getting caught by the naming screen transition). Heck, even if you wait until after finishing the conversation, she takes your money if you save before leaving the screen.

I've experimented with Yuffie a lot. I think Vincent and Cid's dialogue are the only parts of that scene I've never seen.

Shaibana
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
i didnt take any risks..
ive heard she will steal some materia and run if you let yrself get any sort of distraction (menu, saving etc)

Bubba
01-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Now I'm really intrigued to find out what Vincent and Cid say during this scene. It's probably something really dull but if one of you can just quickly play through the game for me and let me know... that'd be great.