PDA

View Full Version : I think Disturbed walked in

Jiro
01-27-2014, 02:49 AM

So I have a few queries here. Why did Aerith run down there? That's stupid. Why didn't the other party member run down there? Solidarity, bro. Why is Cloud imitating the guy from Disturbed? That's strange. Why is kid Cloud there? Is that Cloud's actual consciousness watching his present self be a douchebag? Why is Sephiroth stabbing himself through the head?

Just, generally, what the fuck?

VeloZer0
01-27-2014, 05:00 AM
I think the whole point of that scene is to get the player thinking "WTF just happened?".

...so, mission accomplished?

Bubba
01-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Personally, I always thought that this was the point in the game where Cloud decided to impersonate Joe Cocker.

Do you remember his awesome cover of 'With A Little Help From My Friends'? About half way through he lets rip with an amazing primeval scream...

"Waa...Aaaaa....Aaa!"

Psychotic
01-27-2014, 05:46 PM
GET UP COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE CETRA

Sephex
01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
OPEN UP YOUR SLOT AND GIVE MATERIA TO ME

Jiro
01-28-2014, 12:27 AM
The crazy mother rant in the middle of that song seems appropriate for a Sephiroth cameo on the track

Ayen
01-28-2014, 01:12 AM
I don't remember this scene at all. I'm guessing that's a good thing?

Edge7
01-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Nah, it's kinda an important scene, because it leads to Aerith leaving the party in the first place.

I will say, however, that this is picaresque of the zaniness of FFVII

Shaibana
01-30-2014, 08:14 PM
haha this scene left me with some questions to :P
whats IS kid cloud doing there? and why is he there?

this is when Cloud gives Sephi the black materia isnt it?
maybe you are suppose to convince cloud too not give it to Sephi..
is there really anything you can do during that scene?

Jiro
01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
I don't think you can do anything about it, but yeah, it does seem like the type of scene where you would try and fight it.

AssassinDX
02-01-2014, 08:30 PM
MATERIA IS THE GIFT THAT AS BEEN GIVEN TO ME

Kalevala
02-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Incorrect. He's imitating Joe Strummer's howls during the instrumental break in London Calling.

krissy
02-02-2014, 03:13 PM
i thought the kid was a representaton of jenova's control on cloud
and everyone else was shocked the building just collapsed and only aerith had the balls to go down there
and cloud starts beating her bc he's under jenova influence and jenova knows aerith can screw up their plans

is my take on it

still f'ed up. maybe the most f'ed up scene in the game, and this is a game with human sex trafficking.

Skyblade
02-05-2014, 04:27 AM
I don't think you can do anything about it, but yeah, it does seem like the type of scene where you would try and fight it.

That's sort of the entire point of the scene. Much like the scene where Cloud raises the Buster Sword against Aeris, and you can only struggle to a minor degree, while constantly getting closer. Cloud is in a similar position. The kid is his true self, trapped and looking on, unable to stop the events unfolding. A prisoner in his own mind (in fact, being held in a prison he created to hide from the trauma of the events in Nibelheim).

Jiro
02-05-2014, 05:48 AM
oh yeah, I think you do control the kid there? Far out I can't believe how quickly I forgot that.