PDA

View Full Version : [LR] WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Lightning Returns Poster Giveaway

Freya
01-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Lightning Returns will be out soon! Feburary 11th for NA and Feburary 14th for EU to be exact. Are you excited yet? Do you like free things? Do you enjoy swag? Do you like it even more so when it's signed?! Well we do too!

That's right we have two signed posters to giveaway. Signed by who though? Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama of course! So here we are, once again (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/145553-win-limited-edition-final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-poster.html), giving out posters to our lovely memberbase. "But how can I win this poster?" You may ask. Well...

We will be taking entries! This contest will last 13 days! (get it?):

(1) Post in this thread! (Only one post per day will count toward your entry)
(3) Post a thread in the Lightning Returns subforum (only counts once)
(3) Tweet this thread/giveaway! (link the tweet here, only counts once)

Pretty simple eh? At the end of the contest event, all the entries will be put into a pool and two winners will be chosen! The more entries you have, the higher chance you have! Only one per member though.

The contest starts today and ends Feburary 8th. The announcement of the winner will be on the 11th, the NA release date of Lightning Returns. Join us in the excitement of the release and of free stuff.

So who's excited? Let's talk about free stuff!

Scotty_ffgamer
01-27-2014, 07:18 AM
I don't have twitter, so I guess I won't tweet this thread. I am always excited about free stuff though!

Pumpkin
01-27-2014, 07:20 AM
I also don't have twitter.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-27-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm in i'm in i'm innnnnnnnnn!

Speaking of free stuff, people who pre-order the lightning returns collector's edition are automatically entered in a chance to win a custom made lightning returns ps3 or 360!

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/Content/pbPage.lrcesweepstakes

Freya
01-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Sweet. Too bad I didn't preorder the collectors D:

Scotty_ffgamer
01-27-2014, 07:26 AM
You also could win a random button down shirt that says Square Enix above the pocket and Lightning Returns on the back. It's kind of weird, haha.

Jinx
01-27-2014, 07:27 AM
If I can maybe get Denmark to tweet, can I count it? I don't have Twitter.

Skyblade
01-27-2014, 07:29 AM
Sweet. Too bad I didn't preorder the collectors D:

Why not? It's a pretty good deal for a Collector's Edition, especially considering what they've shown for it.

Freya
01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm poor :( Otherwise I would have but I'm really tight on cash so I couldn't get it D:

It'd count for him. He is a member! He can try for it too and if he wins then maybe you can bat your eyes at him a few times to get him to give it to you :D

Jiro
01-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Tweet tweet goes the birdie. (https://twitter.com/JiroJames/status/427706159911297024)

Skyblade
01-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm poor :( Otherwise I would have but I'm really tight on cash so I couldn't get it D:

It'd count for him. He is a member! He can try for it too and if he wins then maybe you can bat your eyes at him a few times to get him to give it to you :D

Eh, I don't have a Twitter either. Stupid Tweet entries ruining my plans. I wouldn't even know HOW to Tweet about it.

Find someone to lend it to you until you can get it back together. Heck, sell the pocket watch if you're that desperate for cash.

Freya
01-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Well I have the standard edition preordered. Just not the collectors. The watch looks sweet though.

Del Murder
01-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Here's a picture of the poster for those interested. It's pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/LRposter_zps1d4ff7f7.jpg

Leen-Leen
01-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Oh well helloooo again EoFF :jess:

Is it possible to tweet it even if your Twitter account is private? ._. How would I show my proof?

Freya
01-27-2014, 08:06 AM
I follow you Leeny, I'd know. Haha. I saw you favorite my tweet about it! You can always included @eyesonff in it as well.

Also, thanks del!

Jiro
01-27-2014, 09:00 AM
That's a pretty neat poster. Sucks about the year on it but hey those signatures are awesome on their own merit.

Gzussaves
01-27-2014, 10:41 AM
ugh dat custom ps3, my pants seem to be getting tighter... also dat signed poster swag.. lemme in on that yo XD (and boo to twitter)

Freya
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
The year is still correct. Lightning returns came out in 2013 in Japan.

Shauna
01-27-2014, 04:27 PM
I will tweet when I get home because extra chances, yo.

EDIT Wait I forgot I am staff. Am I even eligible to win? xD Eh. nm.

Freya
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
You can too. Everyone who's a member can!

Skyblade
01-27-2014, 08:04 PM
So, if I pre-order the Collector's Edition for Freya, do my odds of winning go up? :D

noxious.sunshine
01-27-2014, 09:24 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!!

Dat Matt
01-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Final fantasy 13-3 comes out on February 14th for the UK. Sorry Shauna, Valentines day is cancelled this year.

lol jk please don't leave me.

Gordon17freeman
01-28-2014, 12:02 AM
I can't wait for this game! https://mobile.twitter.com/gordon17freeman/status/427952090443313152

radicaledward124
01-28-2014, 02:15 AM
I have to dig up my twitter stuff for this. Just can pass up something like this!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-28-2014, 03:34 AM
So, if I pre-order the Collector's Edition for Freya, do my odds of winning go up? :D

Highly doubtful but I'm sure she'd appreciate it!

Can't say the same for your wallet :monster:

Sir Knight
01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
A free poster indeed
Shall satisfy my greed

Dat Matt
01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
I'll join the bandwagon saying I don't use twitter. I get all my news from reddit who get all their news from twitter :P

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-29-2014, 02:01 AM
I have a twitter, but it's ancient and i've got to remember my login information.

Still counts if I get it up and running again :cool:

Jiro
01-29-2014, 03:01 AM
I still have to frame the last poster >_<

Freya
01-29-2014, 03:04 AM
I still have to frame the last poster >_<

Me too. Hehe

Scotty_ffgamer
01-29-2014, 04:43 AM
I have never had an FF poster hung on my wall, which is kind of sad now that I think about it.

Skyblade
01-29-2014, 07:23 PM
I've never found a Final Fantasy poster to hang. :(

Dat Matt
01-29-2014, 07:25 PM
We have the last poster framed.

It's in jail now, and we got away with the murder.

Skyblade
01-29-2014, 07:26 PM
We have the last poster framed.

It's in jail now, and we got away with the murder.

Heh. That was my first reaction upon seeing that word use there too.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I framed the poster shortly after I got it. I believe the plan was for everyone to take a picture with their poster so we can send a big collage thank you photo to Square. I don't think that panned out, though :(

Leen-Leen
01-30-2014, 02:08 AM
Oh right! Hehe. Yayyy! I'm going to do it riiiiight now. (https://twitter.com/x_leeny/status/428710924594065408)

I still haven't pre-ordered Lightning Returns! Should I get the Collector's Edition!? Ahhh the choices!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-30-2014, 02:17 AM
I still haven't pre-ordered Lightning Returns! Should I get the Collector's Edition!? Ahhh the choices!

Well, I guess that depends. Do these bonuses look good to you? :)

Lpf8Ly8Va3M

Skyblade
01-30-2014, 06:44 AM
I really want more entries, but every time I try to sign up for a Twitter account, my body just rebels. Why Twitter? Why not any other social media form?

Pumpkin
01-30-2014, 06:51 AM
I've never had a poster to hang.

Seriously. Just not in to posters I guess?

Scotty_ffgamer
01-30-2014, 04:55 PM
I used to have a poster of all 151 Pokemon back in the days of Red and Blue hung up in my room. I also have one movie poster that I find hilarious that I hung up in my dorm room. Those are the only posters I've really had in my life. I did have this really awesome drying of Auron my cousin drew for me hung up on my wall back when X first came out... but I think that got lost. She also drew me Lulu because she really wanted to draw all the belts for some reason, haha.

Noctis Caelum
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Ugh. All of my want.

Even if I don't win though, I'm still a winner:

http://i.imgur.com/NL2mNek.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5EzePsU.jpg

Exclusive Steelbooks available with preorder from Futureshop. EB Games/Gamestop exclusive costume DLC can smurf off.

Dat Matt
01-30-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure if Europe gets any cool pre-order or collectors editions. May just order it on amazon and expect it on release day. That totally worked with a link between worlds :(

FifthDream
01-30-2014, 10:04 PM
::stealth comment::

Gah, i've been spotted!

::blends into the shadows::

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-31-2014, 12:42 AM
Exclusive Steelbooks available with preorder from Futureshop. EB Games/Gamestop exclusive costume DLC can smurf off.

I don't think it's exclusive to Gamestop, the Square website has the Cloud outfit as a pre-order as well :monster:

Freya
01-31-2014, 12:47 AM
I really need to budget. I just have the minimum put down for it. I love free goodies. I am a sucker for bonus stuff. I really love it when it's like a login type thing "play this app and get this!" It's how I have a bajillion things for Dragon Age 2. Every time I start a game of that I start with a ton of stuff. I'm a sucker for ingame stuff. Even if it's silly outfits. Or a silly hat. Or like a title or something for your character. I eat that shit up.

Skyblade
01-31-2014, 03:21 AM

I don't think it's exclusive to Gamestop, the Square website has the Cloud outfit as a pre-order as well :monster:

Yeah, I think that's supposed to be for any preorder. You might want to contact Futureshop.

Noctis Caelum
01-31-2014, 11:17 AM

I'm not talking about the Cloud outfit. That isn't a preorder exclusive, contrary to how they're advertising it. Those are being shipped with every first edition copy of the game. No matter if you preorder or buy it on stores on the first day. It's going to be inside of the game. When those games run out of print and SE makes more, however, I'm sure they won't include the DLC any longer.

I was talking about the two Samurai outfits that EB/Gamestop has as their exclusive incentive. Unless it's an EB Canada exclusive? Which I highly doubt.

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/images/bonus/ff-lightning-exclusive-lg.jpg

Jiro
01-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Canada has EB games too? awesome.

Skyblade
01-31-2014, 01:31 PM

I'm not talking about the Cloud outfit. That isn't a preorder exclusive, contrary to how they're advertising it. Those are being shipped with every first edition copy of the game. No matter if you preorder or buy it on stores on the first day. It's going to be inside of the game. When those games run out of print and SE makes more, however, I'm sure they won't include the DLC any longer.

I was talking about the two Samurai outfits that EB/Gamestop has as their exclusive incentive. Unless it's an EB Canada exclusive? Which I highly doubt.

Um, I haven't seen either of those outfits on any promotional material from the US's GameStop. Maybe they are exclusive to the Canadian shops.

Dangit, now I have to figure out how to pick up the Canadian outfits. Le sigh. Damn my obsessive nature.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-31-2014, 10:33 PM
That pre-order bonus doesn't look familiar to me, either. Then again, I purchased the collector's edition straight away and didn't even look what was offered elsewhere :monster:

Noctis Caelum
01-31-2014, 10:34 PM

Um, I haven't seen either of those outfits on any promotional material from the US's GameStop. Maybe they are exclusive to the Canadian shops.

Dangit, now I have to figure out how to pick up the Canadian outfits. Le sigh. Damn my obsessive nature.
After a bit of researching...

http://i.imgur.com/yz9VKRG.png

Probably a good idea to call Gamestop and find out what smurfery is afoot. Some dickhead could have photoshopped this though. It looks identical to the EB Canada one, except for the logo swap.

I laugh at the use of the word "exclusive" these days. It's all such BS.

Noctis Caelum
01-31-2014, 10:42 PM
That pre-order bonus doesn't look familiar to me, either. Then again, I purchased the collector's edition straight away and didn't even look what was offered elsewhere :monster:
Good on you. I would have absolutely as well. However, no credit card, and I have no desire to get a preloaded one. Plus, I know SE's store is notorious for poor shipping, and that's just for people in America. I KNOW if I paid over $100 (the shipping from USA to Canada is a bitch, trust me), that it would take 2+ weeks for it to arrive here. That is a deal breaker for me. I may just buy one eventually on eBay. A year from now they'll be dirt cheap because hating the XIII series is cooler than hipsters these days.

I really want that pocket watch. ._.

Pumpkin
01-31-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah we have EB games in Canada :jess:. I thought EB games and Gamestop were owned by the same company though?

Noctis Caelum
01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah we have EB games in Canada :jess:. I thought EB games and Gamestop were owned by the same company though?
They absolutely are. Gamestop used to be EB Games in Americaland. But then when they got new owners, they renamed them to Gamestop. Why? I don't remember. But they're the exact same brand. Just different countries.

OT, it's nice to see another Canadian on here.

Freya
02-01-2014, 12:32 AM
It was two companies, gamestop bought out EB and converted them to Gamestop. For some reason they only did it to the american stores. But yeah, it's all the same company.

Leen-Leen
02-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the collector's edition bonuses (mainly the collection box and art book) looked worth it to me so I went ahead and bought it. ... And then I remembered the FFX/FFX-2 HD Collector's Edition was also amazing (you get the OST and lithographs?!) so then I kinda wished I had spent money on that instead. But oh well! I don't regret it ... yet.

I wish I could pick it up at Gamestop on launch day rather than having had to pay for shipping with Square Enix. Sigh, exclusivity D:

Dat Matt
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
What was the collectors editon for FFX-X2 Remastered in america? We get a colectors editon that has an artbook for like £5 more but not much else.

Leen-Leen
02-02-2014, 12:40 AM
What was the collectors editon for FFX-X2 Remastered in america? We get a colectors editon that has an artbook for like £5 more but not much else.

That's it? D: The collector's edition for North America seems pretty great--it comes with a 40 page artbook, five lithographs, and a "visual" soundtrack for FFX. Here's a link (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-collectors-edition-announced) to the Square Enix blog post about it!

I totally wish the collector's edition for Lightning Returns had lithographs and a soundtrack. I woulda been all over dat.

Jiro
02-02-2014, 03:04 AM
these exclusives are getting p. ridiculous when they're short changing some regions. Why can't everyone just get everything? Why do you have to play favourites?

Freya
02-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Yeah I don't know why they aren't universal. It sucks for the countries that don't get certain perks. :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2014, 05:35 AM

All these goodies

nd8VwQ1AOTE

Skyblade
02-02-2014, 07:39 AM

That's it? D: The collector's edition for North America seems pretty great--it comes with a 40 page artbook, five lithographs, and a "visual" soundtrack for FFX. Here's a link (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-collectors-edition-announced) to the Square Enix blog post about it!

I totally wish the collector's edition for Lightning Returns had lithographs and a soundtrack. I woulda been all over dat.

Visual soundtrack? I've always wondered what synesthesia would be like!

Noctis Caelum
02-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Here's a picture of the poster for those interested. It's pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/LRposter_zps1d4ff7f7.jpg
Just noticed this. It's fairly simplistic, but I like it a bunch. That's the director and producer that signed it, correct?

Really dig it. Whoever wins is one lucky little SOB.

bluedan02
02-02-2014, 04:05 PM
This poster would look nice on my wall :)

DanielCLFFF13
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Well I'm not sure how to get that poster. But still I should try this :)

RyanWillH
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
That poster looks amazing! I'd definitely have to get it framed if I won it :) Yep, Motomu Toriyama is the director and Yoshinori Kitase is the producer.

Dat Matt
02-02-2014, 10:22 PM

All these goodies

nd8VwQ1AOTE

Man that is a lot of goodoes. Afer doing some research it doesn't look like we are getting the big collectors ediditon bundle. Looks like we just get an artbook rather than all the cool tat. Oh well, easier on my wallet.

Skyblade
02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
So the Limited Edition is available to everyone who preorders, but the Collector's Edition is actually a limited production run. Maybe they should just call it a "special" edition if they aren't actually going to make it limited.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-03-2014, 03:49 AM

It's an interesting concept :monster: At first I wasn't sure why a soundtrack was a bluray disc, but as it turns out if you put the disc in a dvd player there's actually pictures that go along with it. So in a way it's a soundtrack + gallery! But as far as I can recall you can just download the tracks to your computer in mp3 format as well.

Skyblade
02-03-2014, 07:31 AM

It's an interesting concept :monster: At first I wasn't sure why a soundtrack was a bluray disc, but as it turns out if you put the disc in a dvd player there's actually pictures that go along with it. So in a way it's a soundtrack + gallery! But as far as I can recall you can just download the tracks to your computer in mp3 format as well.

Yeah, the video explained that as well. Basically it's a music DVD that has visuals if you use it in a DVD player. I've seen those before.

My concept is more fun though. :D

melissay
02-03-2014, 06:45 PM
What an amazing competition!

Dat Matt
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
So the Limited Edition is available to everyone who preorders, but the Collector's Edition is actually a limited production run. Maybe they should just call it a "special" edition if they aren't actually going to make it limited.

And only available to a particular region. I am somewhat bummed, but I'm cool with it, money I would have spent on the Collectors edition will just go towards Lightning Returns instead :3

Leen-Leen
02-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Woo today's the day that the pre-orders from the Square Enix store are supposed to ship! ... Right? Mine hasn't shipped yet at least D:

Skyblade
02-04-2014, 12:01 AM
What an amazing competition!

Everything about our forums is amazing. So welcome to them! :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Woo today's the day that the pre-orders from the Square Enix store are supposed to ship! ... Right? Mine hasn't shipped yet at least D:

Really? I didn't pay attention to see if there was a tracking order or not.

I knew they were supposed to ship early so they could arrive on launch, but I don't know how early.

Skyblade
02-04-2014, 04:09 AM

I knew they were supposed to ship early so they could arrive on launch, but I don't know how early.

They're not here yet. Ergo: Not early enough.

Leen-Leen
02-04-2014, 08:03 AM

Well, my e-mail receipt says that the "anticipated release date" is February 3, but the only e-mail I have gotten today is for the Cloud costume DLC. It hasn't shipped for me yet :( Maybe it depends on where you live ....?

Dat Matt
02-04-2014, 06:58 PM

Well, my e-mail receipt says that the "anticipated release date" is February 3, but the only e-mail I have gotten today is for the Cloud costume DLC. It hasn't shipped for me yet :( Maybe it depends on where you live ....?

Maybe they are posting the DLC code today to get you pumped up!

Noctis Caelum
02-04-2014, 08:23 PM
As if anybody needs additional reason to get pumped! I keep having Lightning induced dreams. It's getting rather scary at this point.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I also got word that the Cloud DLC is ready today. Maybe they're just putting a few things in place before launch? :)

Chapter 2 of The Wolf Among Us game isn't out quite yet, but the achievements are already listed.

I imagine it's just easier to prep earlier.

Noctis Caelum
02-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Achievements are always revealed a month or a couple weeks before a games launch. I mean technically the LRFF13 achievements are up too. But they've been up since forever since the Japanese version came out ages ago.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAdTQYG-Z5I TWAU Chapter 2 is available on PS3.

Skyblade
02-05-2014, 03:46 AM

It's easy to distribute digital content for a game early. No reason to not send them out.

Jiro
02-05-2014, 08:08 AM
When is it even coming? :( I WANNA KNOOOOOOOW OOOH OH OH OH IF LIGHTNING'LL BE MY GIRL

smurf that was horrible

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-05-2014, 08:17 AM
When is it even coming? :( I WANNA KNOOOOOOOW OOOH OH OH OH IF LIGHTNING'LL BE MY GIRL

smurf that was horrible

Ships early to arrive on launch :smug:

Noctis Caelum
02-05-2014, 08:39 AM

It's easy to distribute digital content for a game early. No reason to not send them out.
No reason to either, though. Because then you're staring at it and wanting to put the D deep inside, but you have no hole in which to insert the D into. It's blackmail.

Dat Matt
02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
We talking about the clou"D" or otherwise?

RyanWillH
02-05-2014, 11:56 PM

I wish this was the case in the UK, we never seem to get sent DLC early here.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Welp.

https://twitter.com/LWLeonhart

Skyblade
02-06-2014, 04:45 AM

I wish this was the case in the UK, we never seem to get sent DLC early here.

You guys got Bravely Default early, stop whining about the DLC. :D

Dat Matt
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
We did, but I'm still sore about SMT IV. No European release date yet.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-06-2014, 05:59 PM

And only available to a particular region. I am somewhat bummed, but I'm cool with it, money I would have spent on the Collectors edition will just go towards Lightning Returns instead :3

That's the best way to look at it. Plus the bonuses that come with the limited edition are still really cool.

Honestly I prefer the blue box art that comes with the limited edition but i'll be going for the plain white because of what it comes with.

Dat Matt
02-06-2014, 09:54 PM
The box I'll be getting has the Lighting on it on a dark background. Kinda hoped there would be some familiarity between the boxart of the games as FF13 had white background with lightning on it, and FF13-2 had white background with the logo on it. I like to nitpic about covers you see, it's a hobby.

Skyblade
02-07-2014, 02:23 AM
The box I'll be getting has the Lighting on it on a dark background. Kinda hoped there would be some familiarity between the boxart of the games as FF13 had white background with lightning on it, and FF13-2 had white background with the logo on it. I like to nitpic about covers you see, it's a hobby.

I agree, but content always wins out over cover, in my mind.

I actually like both the Collector's Edition and Limited Edition covers of the X/X-2 HD remix though.

There are times I like the art, and times I appreciate the elegant simplicity. Which is why I like the poster.

Noctis Caelum
02-07-2014, 02:36 AM
More and more I feel the physical releases are going to be brushed off. Slowly, but surely. We all love to collect, but in Canada, certain games are getting priced over the stanard $60 price tag (LR is $65 at EB games and Watch Dogs is available for preorder at $70.) Iunno. These are bad times for physical. If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>

PARTICULARLY for PS4 when I get one. I mean, we have to install the games anyway, physical copy or not. There's just no merits to having a physical copy anymore it seems. Besides collecting or the resell value.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-07-2014, 05:14 AM
If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>

Even now I think a lot of games are automatically going with digital manuals. Which is great. I didn't look at them much because I usually know the instructions of what i'm playing but I do appreciate the little things like short character bios.

Noctis Caelum
02-07-2014, 06:37 AM
If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>

Even now I think a lot of games are automatically going with digital manuals. Which is great. I didn't look at them much because I usually know the instructions of what i'm playing but I do appreciate the little things like short character bios.
Oh yeah. But deep down, we've been gaming for x amount of years. We don't need manuals to know how to play the game, what it's about, or whatever else anymore. We used to, back in the 90s or whenever, when we were young and starting out, but now we have the brain capacity to know how things work. Everything is explained in the game or we can take a 10 minute research session online and find everything we need. I think it just stems from most people feeling like they have to get something physical if they are going to drop $60 on a game. And I can truly understand that. But I think going forward, that is going to become less and less of an issue. Especially if other venues start entering the digital marketgame place and make digital games cheaper. That's what has to happen. Although deep down I will always love collecting physical copies... I just think I'm ready to embrace digital going forward.

Except of course for the rare Collector's Edition set that I actually would like to physically touch. But that's rare. Would have loved to get LR's CE but Square had to make that very difficult for me. Sucks.

But for Final Fantasy XV, standard edition, if it's $60 to download it at 12:01am on the day of release, or to wait for the store to open at 10am and pay $79.10 (tax included) for the physical copy... nope. I'm going to say smurf the physical crap and go digi. I hope other people do too.

Noctis Caelum
02-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Oops, I forgot to link my twitter tweet (https://twitter.com/Confusious30/status/428974223390801920), my bad.

Skyblade
02-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Oops, I forgot to link my twitter tweet (https://twitter.com/Confusious30/status/428974223390801920), my bad.

Edit the post, then. Don't double post. It's more tactful, and leaves the forum less cluttered. There are times to double post, but adding in something you left out is really what the edit function is for.

Also, this whole rant was mostly an excuse to get my daily post here in, because I wasn't sure how to continue the topic at hand.

Personally, like books, I don't think physical copies are going to go out of style during my lifetime. Too many people grew up with them. When the generation growing up with digital content and digital copies becomes the primary market, though, things are going to change.

Dat Matt
02-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I have grown up with physical copies of games, so that's what I like. I get more satisfaction of seeing my games slowly filling up the bookcases I have. I don't get that sane sort of satisfaction from digital games.

That being said, if a game us digital only like ace attorney dual destinies I'll still get it.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Just received an e-mail notification today that the game has shipped! :monster:

I have grown up with physical copies of games, so that's what I like. I get more satisfaction of seeing my games slowly filling up the bookcases I have. I don't get that sane sort of satisfaction from digital games.

That being said, if a game us digital only like ace attorney dual destinies I'll still get it.

I agree with that. I will also buy games digitally if their physical form doesn't come out until months after the digital release. Namely Telltale Games The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us which are released in episodic format.

Freya
02-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Last day! Then I have to do actual work and tally everything and pick winners. :P

Noctis Caelum
02-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Good luck with that Freya! And best of luck to everybody else. But I hope I am the wiener! D:

I agree with that. I will also buy games digitally if their physical form doesn't come out until months after the digital release. Namely Telltale Games The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us which are released in episodic format.
Awesome. Is it possible that you can get your copy early on Monday instead of Tuesday?

Dat Matt
02-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Last day! Then I have to do actual work and tally everything and pick winners. :P

Woop Woop! Hopefully we didn't spam up the place too much with talk of colelctors editions for games that weren't lightning returns :P. I pre-ordered my game today so hopefully should be here on Friday :3

Skyblade
02-08-2014, 11:10 PM
What is the actual release day, again?

Dat Matt
02-08-2014, 11:17 PM
February 11th for north america, February 13th for Australia and February 14th for Europe. I'll be getting mine on the 14th.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-09-2014, 12:21 AM
I just preordered the game yesterday. I'm pretty excited to play it!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-09-2014, 02:25 AM
Good luck with that Freya! And best of luck to everybody else. But I hope I am the wiener! D:

Awesome. Is it possible that you can get your copy early on Monday instead of Tuesday?

I definitely wouldn't mind :p But i'm sure it'll be on launch.

My Bravely Default collector's edition showed up the day of release. I didn't see any notification online but the package itself said "next day air arrival" so I think companies time it pretty spot on.

Noctis Caelum
02-09-2014, 03:09 AM
I was looking on Reddit and a bunch of people got their copy today. Really makes me envious.

Particularly this bad boy:
http://i.imgur.com/phzLnKL.jpg

It's just looking at you, kinda like it's saying "Hey wanna play?" >_>

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Maybe it'll come early after all! :3:

Scotty_ffgamer
02-09-2014, 04:00 AM
I just preordered the normal edition just so I could avoid continually looking at the collector's edition. It looks so lovely, but I really can't afford spending $30 more on a game for a watch I honestly would never use.

Dat Matt
02-09-2014, 08:28 AM
But... But... Gaming tat is the best kind of useless junk.

Leen-Leen
02-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Wow, it looks so pretty!! Man, mine is still in Indiana apparently ... haha.

Also, yeah, I'm kinda wishing now that I just saved my money and spent it on the collector's edition for the FFX/FFX-2 HD remaster just because it has more value since it comes with the posters and soundtrack ... but now that I see a picture of the collector's edition it sure does look pretty! xD

Freya
02-11-2014, 01:30 AM
FUN FACT: There are 106 entries!

Skyblade
02-11-2014, 05:28 AM
FUN FACT: There are 106 entries!

FUN FACT: Freya is posting Fun Facts as an excuse to delay compiling data on winners.;)

Not that I blame you for that. That sort of thing is a pain to do.

Noctis Caelum
02-11-2014, 05:31 AM
That sounds like everyone has a one in ten chance of winning. If you posted every day and tweeted.
And since there are two winners, those are really good odds. Best of luck.

And happy day of release! I'm picking up my copy around lunch time. I actually just finished the story of XIII-2 earlier today so this is truly perfect timing.

Freya
02-11-2014, 05:31 AM
OH I HAVE FINISHED AND PICKED THE WINNERS.

Fun Fact: I'm going to bed so they'll be announced tomorrow so you have to wait longer. Probably tomorrow evening when I get off work. MUHAHAHA.

I also just want to give one to each of you cause you're all such dolls. But I only have two :( (possibly a third non signed one but i'll get back to you on that)

Scotty_ffgamer
02-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Cut up the posters so we all get a piece of them. That's the only fair thing to do.

Dat Matt
02-11-2014, 08:13 AM
"We'll announce the winners, right after this commercial break" - Freya

Jiro
02-11-2014, 08:16 AM
I H8 COMMERCIALS

Leen-Leen
02-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Woooo the suspense!

Also wahhh my copy of the game is still in Indiana ... trying not to get my hopes up that I'll be getting it tomorrow! D:

Freya
02-12-2014, 01:29 AM
It's been a long few days leading up to this moment but it's finally here! Who won the two posters? I know you're all super mega excited! Free stuff! And it's signed! Who could ask for more?

We had 106 entries total. The selection process was completely random. I randomized the entries and then selected random numbers associated with the entries. The more entries you had in the bucket the better chance you could have had at winning! In fact when I selected the winners the first winner was picked FOUR times in a row. Now that's a lucky one. As you know, that member could only win once so I kept having to draw numbers.

So let's get to it! The winners of the two posters are:

Mr. Shauna!and Skyblade!

(Now the trick to this gif is to hum the victory fanfare ;))

Winners, send me your mailing addresses via PM and we'll get those to you ASAP.

For those who didn't win, I'm sorry! Have a hug instead. :kaolove2:

Scotty_ffgamer
02-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Congratulations Mr. Shauna and Skyblade :D

Leen-Leen
02-12-2014, 02:13 AM
Yayyyy congratulations you two! :jess:

Noctis Caelum
02-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Congrats you lucky, lucky fuckers.

Pumpkin
02-12-2014, 03:37 AM
:plumcheer:Congrats!:plumcheer:

Skyblade
02-12-2014, 05:14 AM
I... I won..? I never win anything. Like, ever. I've never even won a Ciddie.

Freya
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM
This is better than a Ciddie! This is an actual thing! AND IT'S SIGNED. I stood next to them as they signed it. It's totally legit. AND YOU GOT IT! Congrats!

Jiro
02-12-2014, 05:32 AM
What a bunch of nerds :monster: Congratulations folks!

Dat Matt
02-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm curious. Was it skyblade or me that got picked 4 tines? That's mad luck for one of the two of us xD

This'll be another poster that gets framed methinks.

Freya
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
One of you used all your luck on this instead of the lottery. Good job.

Ayen
02-13-2014, 06:55 AM
I expect screenshots with you guys standing next to your winnings when you get it.

Jiro
02-13-2014, 07:32 AM
I didn't even see the bit where they won four times in a row first. That is remarkable. Destined to win!

Del Murder
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I expect screenshots with you guys standing next to your winnings when you get it.
Screenshots? :p

Scotty_ffgamer
02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
We all exist inside a computer, didn't you know Del?

Ayen
02-14-2014, 02:21 AM
I think it's time I went outside and got some fresh air.

Dat Matt
02-22-2014, 03:14 PM
So the poster game in today (Techically yesterday but it was too big to fit in our mailbox).

Picture of the poster. It was all rolled up so I'm going to leave it to flatten out for a bit:

http://i.imgur.com/YTc4i60.jpg

Here's me drooling over it and reducing it's value:

http://i.imgur.com/H29SUce.jpg

I had to give out my real name so it could get posted. Locky was right all along:

http://i.imgur.com/IgxTiQq.jpg

We'll probably have it framed at some point. I'll give an update when that happens.

Del Murder
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry for the wrinkles. It had to survive a train ride and a house move. Hopefully it will look nice in the frame.

Skyblade
02-23-2014, 05:58 AM
Mine has also arrived, and is in quite excellent condition. But my only camera right now is my phone, and I don't know how to get a picture from there to the forum.

Also, it will probably be a while before I can get it framed. Too much going on right now.

Loony BoB
02-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Such a wonderful poster. The Lightning Returns signed thing is pretty cool, too.