PDA

View Full Version : Porcupines

Forsaken Lover
01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
The name rodent has some negative connotations and stereotypes but ya know, I don't think there are a cuter family of animals in the whole world. I mean there are hamsters and most know how fluffy they are but what about pygmy mice? They're so sweet.

But ya know a rodent that is equal parts adorable and badass? Porcupines. I've never been close to one in real life and the first time i remember seeing a porcupine was in the film Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. The movie didn't exactly vilify the thing but the mere fact it hurt our hero Chance kinda put it in a bad light. But after reading more about them and seeing some videos, they're probably one of my favorite animals.

oQ8AwnuEOOE

_r2rDBVFAv4]

Do you have any experiences with porcupines? What do you think of the animals?

Bubba
01-27-2014, 01:00 PM
I've never seen a porcupine but I do quite like name. Porcupine actually means 'One who rises up in anger'.

Maybe it should be Final Fantasy villain.

Calliope
01-28-2014, 01:56 AM
I like porcupines. Why is this in the lounge?

Jiro
01-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I love echidnas if that counts

Shaibana
01-29-2014, 05:52 PM
ive only seen them in zoo's...
but they look a bit like spikey Capibara-bevers :3
and capibara's look like guinea-pigs .. and guinea pigs are cute :D

Porcupines certainly have some charms!

Psychotic
01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Capybaras and guinea pigs and hamsters are among my favourite animals. Fuck yes.

Madame Adequate
01-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah rodents are pretty great I like them! Porcupines are neat they're all spiky and stuff!

Kalevala
02-02-2014, 12:31 AM
I've only ever seen them as road kill, unfortunately.

"A male porcupine urinates on a female porcupine prior to mating, spraying the urine at high velocity."

Lovely.

Bubba
02-03-2014, 09:39 AM
"A male porcupine urinates on a female porcupine prior to mating, spraying the urine at high velocity."

Lovely.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Parker
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
i don't think i really "get" porcupines